Year 2015 IVF mummies- to-be

Hi all, I'm new to this thread. Tested positive yesterday. Did IVF at KKH under Dr Tan HH.
Do you continue with the gyane who did the IVF or change gyane after tested positive?

Hi @Hlixian! I had to change gynae coz Dr. Sadhana does not do O&G and only does IVF. She only monitors up to end of first trimester, but she did not even do that fully for me as she was overseas. So I had to switch gynae early on. My oscar test was taken in KKH under orders from Sadhana but the results were analysed by my gynae at Raffles.

Thanks! I'm thinking if I should continue with Dr THH because the waiting time to see him is terrible. Understand from the nurse that there is no more private suite. All consultation is done at clinic d even though I'm under private.

Thanks! I'm thinking if I should continue with Dr THH because the waiting time to see him is terrible. Understand from the nurse that there is no more private suite. All consultation is done at clinic d even though I'm under private.

I avoided KKH for O&G coz I was afraid of the long waiting time, since I had to switch from IVF doctor to gynae anyway.

oh no more TPS?

[QUOTE="ecym, post: 7652658, member: 56891"no more TPS?[/QUOTE]
Ya.. that makes me think twice to continue with KkH unless I got twins.

Ya.. that makes me think twice to continue with KkH unless I got twins.

you can still leave your KKH appointment open while you visit other pte gynae, in the event *touch wood* you are require to continue with KKH, you can still go back to KKH.

Huh? How come no more private suite? I'm now week 25 & have been seeing Dr Tan at TPS.

Last edited:
That was what the nurse at kkivf told me. she said all visits will be at clinic d.
How was the waiting time at TPS?
The waiting time can be quite long too as he is so popular. Sometimes, the next patient on queue is me but I still have to wait as he needs to deliver!

Last edited:
The waiting time can be quite long too as he is so popular. Sometimes, the next patient on queue is me but I still have to wait as he needs to deliver!
Wow! I'm with another gynae Dr M Lau and i always need to wait at clinic D. And i always tot TPS has priviledges! Haha..... i usually schedule for d earliest appt available so that waiting time will be quick.

Wow! I'm with another gynae Dr M Lau and i always need to wait at clinic D. And i always tot TPS has priviledges! Haha..... i usually schedule for d earliest appt available so that waiting time will be quick.
That's not true! The only privilege is collecting medicines at TPS and we don't have to go to pharmacy.

I'm under doc tan n have seen him at TPS was told that all preg would be seeing him at TPS. Unless TPS is full house then u will be seeing him at clinic D, n only certain day doc tan are at TPS.

Hi ladies, I got to hear my baby's heartbeat today. Doc said I measured 6 weeks only. Smaller than what it should be. He said it is ok. I'm truly happy to be given this gift. I put in 2 embies but we only saw 1 today. Good enough for me. My gynae was thrilled to see only 1. He said: better than 2. So funny. He really doesn't like multiple pregnancies.
I left the clinic with a goody bag. Hehe. It feels like my birthday. So happy. Both hubby and I cried when we were alone. How I wish we could share this with family and friends. :)

Hi ladies, I got to hear my baby's heartbeat today. Doc said I measured 6 weeks only. Smaller than what it should be. He said it is ok. I'm truly happy to be given this gift. I put in 2 embies but we only saw 1 today. Good enough for me. My gynae was thrilled to see only 1. He said: better than 2. So funny. He really doesn't like multiple pregnancies.
I left the clinic with a goody bag. Hehe. It feels like my birthday. So happy. Both hubby and I cried when we were alone. How I wish we could share this with family and friends. :)

congrats! wish you a smooth 9 months ahead!

twins has higher chances of pregnancy complication...

Congrats! Who Is your gynae?

@chuckles That is so sweet and touching, Congratulations! Although many people regard twins as a double blessing, there is no denying the increased risks of complications, premature birth etc. associated with twins. So you have a good attitude to be happy and grateful with what God has given you. :) Continue to soak in the happiness of motherhood. :)

Thank you ladies. My gynae is dr roland chieng. He is quite candid and a very honest guy. I've had 2 miscarriages before so he is right abt being worried for me. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that the little heart will keep on beating. Got to stay positive and happy though to honest, I am freaking out cause both miscarriages happen at 8 and 6 weeks. Arrgh... old news. Got to focus on this new beginning.
I have so much respect for my gynae. I mean... aside from my hubby who clearly is the important other half, roland helped me to conceive too. He is like a magician. Haha
Don't mind me. Hormones at work.

Thank you ladies. My gynae is dr roland chieng. He is quite candid and a very honest guy. I've had 2 miscarriages before so he is right abt being worried for me. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that the little heart will keep on beating. Got to stay positive and happy though to honest, I am freaking out cause both miscarriages happen at 8 and 6 weeks. Arrgh... old news. Got to focus on this new beginning.
I have so much respect for my gynae. I mean... aside from my hubby who clearly is the important other half, roland helped me to conceive too. He is like a magician. Haha

You're doing great with your sharing! Just take one step at a time. Celebrate each day that the LO is growing inside you. Especially when morning sickness hits you soon, you can tell yourself that you'd rather the MS is telling you that the LO is growing strong and healthy, than to risk a miscarriage *touch wood*. That was how I got thru day by day, week by week, until I was out of the miscarriage zone.

Congrats Chuckles!! Very happy for u! Don't worry that it measures a bit smaller. Heartbeat is most impt. Mine was also smaller at the beginning but now growing faster than expected. Thank u for sharing with us!

Chuckles, my gynae same as urs. He prefer 1 instead of twins. When He saw Mine w 2 at week 6, He aso bopian but after tat I miscarried 1 , He said it's fine. Easier to manage as well.
He is a nice guy but sometimes too Frank. He will only tell u nothing is gurantee until u carry the bb in ur hands, tat will b ur happiest day...

You are right abt him. So long as he doesn't give me false hope, I'm ok. I've got enough heartache so no need to butter up the words. Give it to me cause I'm a big gal. Hehe
Hope all is well with you dolly!

Chuckles, He delivered my bb in mid nov. His words to us was Finally we got it. He dun give false hope but want u b mentally prepare. Aniw we re used to his way of talking n my hsb feels comfy talking to him when we have doubts. .
Congrats on ur bfp n do take care of urself during first tri.

@dolly_gal , may I ask which hospital you gave birth at? I'm thinking of parkway east cause it is so close to home but mount e novena is such a gorgeous hospital.

Parkway east cos it's,walking distance to my parents home n I stay tat area for 20+ years So more familiar too. Mt e novena only single bedder n roland dun want to comment much on this new hospital. He aso deliver at mt alvernia n it's cheaper. End day I prefer a more familiar environment.

agree dr rol is really direct n help us manage expectatñ... he help me del @mt a, but he also dun comment much on mt a.. he dun go there often.. i feel he know aft all è emo trtm, we jus wan a cutie pie in arms... so throughout pregnancy n delivery, he gav us a prudent way of treatment...

Chuckles, hold ur faith. U will hold ur bundle of joy soon ..time flies, vy soon u will b doing Oscar test then detail scan, next thing u know tri 3 liao. U will b looking forward to every schedule appt w Roland..

Congrats chuckles! I was in disbelief when i got my bfp result through phone call. After so many disappointments before that... But it was really amazing to see your small sac grow and grow as you progress further. Here I am week 32 going on 33 but still praying hard till i have my bb in my hands. Like what my colleague once said to me, "enjoy ur pregnancy, you've got more to expect after your child is born!" Lol. You should too!

Congrats chuckles! I was in disbelief when i got my bfp result through phone call. After so many disappointments before that... But it was really amazing to see your small sac grow and grow as you progress further. Here I am week 32 going on 33 but still praying hard till i have my bb in my hands. Like what my colleague once said to me, "enjoy ur pregnancy, you've got more to expect after your child is born!" Lol. You should too!

Yes I agree enjoy while u can once the bb is out u will miss the bb bump inside ur tummy kicking u instead of coming out n bully u haha

Agree with snow19, I miss my pregnancy w her inside moving. Now she is out, not only just her but in laws n dh expectation..everything is abt bb but not how,mummy feels now.

Agree with snow19, I miss my pregnancy w her inside moving. Now she is out, not only just her but in laws n dh expectation..everything is abt bb but not how,mummy feels now.
Ya I can imagine that my in laws will be hovering around the baby and giving lots of advice. How do u cope? I am starting to feel a bit worried about it.

Hi mei, I from gg crazy to numb. From blank face to black face. I simply cannot handle them being so overwhelming, coming my hse day n night, better still now use our spare keys come n go as they like.. imagine I was pumping in the living room, I hear the door open, I literally ran into my room w the pump.
When I was in hospital, they came visit me from 10am -8pm plus.how to rest or bf probably.. I trying telling my hsb but to him He sees it tat his parents love our bb alot n He is proud of it..OMG, He fails to understand tat I feel my Space super invaded n being monitored daily. 2 more days my cl leaving, I can't imagine ..
It's not tat I dun appreciate their help but I want to learn to take care of bb myself, I need to learn to b independent..

@dolly_gal Sorry to hear this... It sounds very tough. The pumping part sounds scary. Possible to tell them to give u privacy on this? This is what I fear my in laws will do too. Even when I spoke about this fear to my parents they said that I would be rude not to let them see baby as much as they want and to just "deal with it". Find that "motherhood" involves too many ppl already. Can u get ur own mom to support u if u are not in a position to talk to them (and hubby also not supportive)? She would have gone thru the same issues as a young mother I presume and she would understand u better? Hope things get smoother for u babe, I believe u wld be doing a good job so far :)

Thanks for the heads up dolly and snow! I better start doing my magic on my husband. I think I will use the months ahead to 'train' him. Hehe

Hi mei, I m still trying vy hard to tell myself tat it's OK tat my bm is low as long I do my best for bb n substitute w fm as well. Problem is my nov mummies are comparing how much they yield per pump daily until I feel stress n not doing my bb the best sometimes. Wanted to give up but cl tells me better than nothing just gives watever I can...

Hi mei, I m still trying vy hard to tell myself tat it's OK tat my bm is low as long I do my best for bb n substitute w fm as well. Problem is my nov mummies are comparing how much they yield per pump daily until I feel stress n not doing my bb the best sometimes. Wanted to give up but cl tells me better than nothing just gives watever I can...
U are already doing ur best by trying to pump the max. If it makes u feel better, I am a product of formula milk only as my mother gave up after breastfeeding one time (said too painful). I don't blame my mother for doing that, she knows what is best for herself and baby. I don't fall sick easily or have many allergies or lower intelligence like what the super pro-breastfeeding mothers say will happen if u don't bf. don't beat urself up over it, u are already doing ur best for ur princess!

I agree with hi_mei. We strive to do all we can and really the unwanted stress is something you can do without. It's never ending. First this then school and beyond.
Easier said than done but you got to tune out to stuff that, at the end of the day are insignificant. Be strong. Ivf mummies are made of steel!
I'm at kkh o&g right now. This spotting is bothering me sooo much. It is getting a bit more today so I really need to see someone to help me spot the spotting. Where is all this blood coming from? Been more than 2 weeks already. :(

Don't feel stressed! If your nov mummies are making you stressed, join us more at the ivf 2014 mummies because many of us don't really have enough supply to meet our babies' demands. We are on half bm and half fm.

Your CL is right. Just do our best and give whatever we have.

I agree with hi_mei. We strive to do all we can and really the unwanted stress is something you can do without. It's never ending. First this then school and beyond.
Easier said than done but you got to tune out to stuff that, at the end of the day are insignificant. Be strong. Ivf mummies are made of steel!
I'm at kkh o&g right now. This spotting is bothering me sooo much. It is getting a bit more today so I really need to see someone to help me spot the spotting. Where is all this blood coming from? Been more than 2 weeks already. :(
Sometimes it is just like that. Hang in there... I also spotted throughout first trimester... At the end it will just go away by itself. Better u see doctor when it happens though, at least can take some preventive measures. Has ur spotting improved?

Spotting didn't improve. It soaked up 1 pad yesterday. Aargh. But the scan was great. Baby's heartbeat is more than 150 and growing well. I really am going to try to worry cause it is driving me mad.

Spotting didn't improve. It soaked up 1 pad yesterday. Aargh. But the scan was great. Baby's heartbeat is more than 150 and growing well. I really am going to try to worry cause it is driving me mad.
Yes I also had incidents like that ard the 7-8 wk mark where the flow was like a period. So just go and see doctor everytime it happens so that it doesn't get worse. Gd to hear baby is ok :), as long as got heartbeat it is fine. Try to rest more these few weeks.

It is hard to tell u dont worry cuz I know the feeling. All I can say is, talk to ur baby, tell him/her to be strong and stick with mummy. I think the baby can feel it.

I tried using a fetal doppler from 10 weeks onwards. I think it reassured a lot.

Thanks hi_mei. I meant to say I really am going to try NOT to worry. :) I'll buy a doppler too. Been planning on it.

Hi chuckles
hope you are fine after your o&g visit. Just want to share with you my spotting experience for this pregnancy. I started to spot at 6 weeks even when i'm on utrogestan pressaries. But mine only happens when i have bowel movement in d morning. It comes and goes off by itself. But when i went o&g and check my cervix was thick and no prob. I had a few scares and down to d o&g a few times. But there was once i had an infection at 10 weeks which they did a swab for me and that spotting was more. I guess my cervix is more sensitive and i try not to strain alot. That's what my gynae told me. My occasional spotting lasted me thru till recently then i see less of them. Now i'm 33 weeks. So just try and relax and rest more if u dun feel good. :)

Back