Year 2015 IVF mummies- to-be

scary hor..cramping episodes like these..dunno what is going on inside...sigh..praying hard God is watching over still!

as I just tested bfp, kkh gave me dydrogesterone to take for a mth and I have finished my inserts. anyone else at kkh also the same?

as I just tested bfp, kkh gave me dydrogesterone to take for a mth and I have finished my inserts. anyone else at kkh also the same?

Same here. They told me to stop my inserts the same day that I got started on dydrogesterone, had about 2 days worth of inserts left at that point.

Same also. But I told them I prefer the inserts cos the last time I had very bad MS on the dydrogesterone... So i used the inserts lor...

Congrats babe!!!
Could b uterus expansion which is normal. But if u feel better go c gynae? When is ur nx scan?
Thanks..now no crampings liao for now...but i'll try calling a nearby gynae later see got open today or monday so can go down also for my yeast infection..cos my next scan is 5 jan. ..hv to get fast relief for the infection too meanwhile

Thanks..now no crampings liao for now...but i'll try calling a nearby gynae later see got open today or monday so can go down also for my yeast infection..cos my next scan is 5 jan. ..hv to get fast relief for the infection too meanwhile

my doc appt is also 5 jan at kkh.

shld be feeling v discomfort now. hang in there and need to find a gynae asap for help.

Mrs Tan, i take prenatal vitamins after 12wks. For 1st trimester only folic acid. You can ask your gynae when can start to take prenatal vitamins.

hi all, i tested bpf on 16 dec..waiting for next scan in next year. till now i have not much symptom abit worry...only during early weeks there's mild of cramp. now only feeling bloated especially after meal.. any one has this issue?

hi all, i tested bpf on 16 dec..waiting for next scan in next year. till now i have not much symptom abit worry...only during early weeks there's mild of cramp. now only feeling bloated especially after meal.. any one has this issue?

Welcome and congrats! not much symptoms now cos still early but bloating and cramping are normal cos of the progesterone..as for morning sickness mine came full force at week 6 all the way to week 12..but having said this, some ppl dun really hv any symptoms like morning sickness at all..so u might be one of the lucky ones :)

thanks thank.. still worry as previous had failed issue. and have to wait for another 2 wk for the scan.. sooo long....

Understand your worry completely! I had so many early losses that i cannot help but feel a bit worry esp in 1st trimester well even till now..the wait is agonising i must agree! But tell yourself that u hv been thru so far what is another 2 weeks more...take this 2 weeks to do other things like watching ur fav shows/hobbies etc and will be over in a jiffty..most imptly think positive and try to relax your mind and body...dun walk too much unnecessarily as bb(s) still in early stages :)

oh and for the bloatedness..try to take smaller frequent meals..not heavy bf lunch dinner kind..preferably more fruits and veggies cos will come constipation with the inserts too

U try to change you undies frequently and keep it dry.. Also apply powder, which help me to minimize the irritation. I have a time that gone so itchy that I decided to just use disposable panty.. So that I can keep changing and keep dry..

Congrats!! Feeling bloat is good. Just make sure that your cramp is not too serious. If too serious... Pls go a&e.

U try to change you undies frequently and keep it dry.. Also apply powder, which help me to minimize the irritation. I have a time that gone so itchy that I decided to just use disposable panty.. So that I can keep changing and keep dry..

yup I bath changed a few times making sure it's cotton and also changing fresh panty liners too. But I didn't use powder..think talc is not good for the productive organs..

wow 8 more weeks!! You must be feeling excited to meet your bb!! Must rest more now..when bb comes out then you'll be extremely busy!;)

Mrs tann, I am happy to join you here after chatting with you on the support thread. :)

Hi all, so glad I found this thread to learn from your experiences and tips. I have just received a positive bt result today. :)

I read through all of the 18 pages like taking a crash course o_O Haha...

Anyway I am inclined to inform my in laws and parents so as to share the happy news with them (esp. also to "fulfill" my responsibility to the in laws that I have been trying hard). but on other hand, hesitant as the pregnancy is so recent, I don't wish to deal with extra "comments" or excessive "fussing ard" by the in laws who will be first time grdparents.

When did u announce your news to parents and in laws? Thanks in advance!

If u are uncomfy, wait till after oscar results then announce or wait till ur tummy shows ……it's all up to ur comfort level.

hehe got a scan today as well cos went to take yeast infection medication .. the gynae is so nice! Explained every details patiently to me...

welcome and congrats @JennaW ! For me, my in laws and parent knew from the start when we did the treatment. My in laws and mum even said they wanted to pay for us too but we didn take it lah..so when bfp, the news was announced asap as I wanted them to be happy too(but we told them not to tell too many ppl)...after all everyone waited so long for this bfp since wedding in 2007 and many losses prior..

can anyone help to ask kkh/gynae in your coming visit, what is the purpose of taking duphaston pill inT2 and T3?
meow actually the duphaston is to further support the pregnancy (if u had before any previous mid term loss)

Jennaw.. Congrats! Just like what dolly says.. Might want to wait till Oscar scan is done. The only people who knows about my pregnancy for the first tri are my mum and my bosses only. Plus 2 of my closest friends. All of them did not tell others about my pregnancy due to past history..

meow actually the duphaston is to further support the pregnancy (if u had before any previous mid term loss)

i heard that one of the pte gynae drs shared that there are some benefits for some to continue to take duphaston until T2 or smthg. But if the bb is developing well, i don't wish to take too much medication if it's not necessary

i heard that one of the pte gynae drs shared that there are some benefits for some to continue to take duphaston until T2 or smthg. But if the bb is developing well, i don't wish to take too much medication if it's not necessary
Thank u all. I jus don't understand why my gynae still ask me to take. He say ivf is very fragile n dun take risk..

Meoow30, it doesn't really harm to continue taking it. In fact thru out my journey I aso take tcm an tai medication .just to have a peace of mind for everything to goes well for bb development...
I always keep my duphaston w me in by bag in case I have sudden spotting n etc.

anyone use crinone? after abt one week of stopping using it, I found large almost dry white clumps mix with black specks when I wipe below today. so weird. its not itchy or uncomfortable.

hi ladies, ref from prev replies, saw that sgh will "clear" ivf mummies only when hcg reaches 100,000. based on my estimation, like to check if this is this around week 5-6? is this also around the same time you switch to a regular private gynae? currently, sgh only prescribes duphaston & folic acid for me. it is adequate or ok i continue to take chicken essence and longan red date tea say every alternate day? appreciate your kind advice. :)

I would suggest that you switch to private gynea only after first tri is over. You will still need support and observation by ivf dr. During my first tri, I am seeing 2 dr at a time..

hi ladies, ref from prev replies, saw that sgh will "clear" ivf mummies only when hcg reaches 100,000. based on my estimation, like to check if this is this around week 5-6? is this also around the same time you switch to a regular private gynae? currently, sgh only prescribes duphaston & folic acid for me. it is adequate or ok i continue to take chicken essence and longan red date tea say every alternate day? appreciate your kind advice. :)
hello @JennaW , hcg at 100,000 will be around week 10-11 if i remembered correctly... i had been taking duphaston and folic acid all the way to week 15/16. On top of that i had TCM brew from Dr TSB. If you are taking chinese medicine, hold you fire on chicken essence and LGRT, may be too heaty for you...

how much does tsb an tai brew medicine cost? does she prescribe herbs weekly or fornightly? i have been waiting for a mth since i got my bfp... really the Q is scary... just to get ATY also need to wait a mth...

btw does hosp or clinic measure hcg until 10,000? kkh measure once for me and then stopped measuring already. next apptm is a scan already. another doc measure twice for it to double then thats about it.

Last edited:
how much does tsb an tai brew medicine cost? does she prescribe herbs weekly or fornightly? i have been waiting for a mth since i got my bfp... really the Q is scary... just to get ATY also need to wait a mth...

btw does hosp or clinic measure hcg until 10,000? kkh measure once for me and then stopped measuring already. next apptm is a scan already. another doc measure twice for it to double then thats about it.

if i am not wrong only SGH CARE will monitor HCG levels every week until 100,000 levels for BFP cases.

TSB medicine usually cost $19 per pack for an tai medicine. each pack for two servings. In the first trimester, she will see you every 3 weeks, so she prescribed enough to last 3 weeks

hello @JennaW , hcg at 100,000 will be around week 10-11 if i remembered correctly... i had been taking duphaston and folic acid all the way to week 15/16. On top of that i had TCM brew from Dr TSB. If you are taking chinese medicine, hold you fire on chicken essence and LGRT, may be too heaty for you...

hi ecym, thanks for your reply. did your gynae (apart from ivf doctor) prescribe additional supplements or vitamins apart from folic acid? how often were your consultations with the gynae during first trimester?

other mummies to be, mind sharing your regime for first trimester?

Thanks!

Back