(2015/6) June 2015 Mummies

Thanks @hi_mei. Maybe I ahould start on my own too. At one point, I am worry not starting and at the other hand, I have problem taking in the multi vit everyday with the naseous. Stress :(

Thanks @hi_mei. Maybe I ahould start on my own too. At one point, I am worry not starting and at the other hand, I have problem taking in the multi vit everyday with the naseous. Stress :(
Yeah it is quite hard to hold down the pills at times. Maybe u try to eat at night (or when u know ur nausea lesser at a particular time of the day)?
I used to take blackmore's pregnancy gold but my hubby accidentally dropped and smashed the whole bottle... Diaozzz.

Hi all, I am new here. For those under Dr John Yam, when did he start giving out supplements?
As he only prescribe me with multivit-ferbeaplex from week 17 onwards. No fish oil, calcium etc..

Hi @niohnioh

I'm with Dr John Yam, currently at week 12 and so far, I'm still taking my own folic acid (which i bgt from GNC). So far, he have not prescribe any supplement or med to me.

Hi everyone,

has any of you gotten your oscar results yet?
I'm waiting for mine and would like to know what's the normal NT measurement like...

Cheers and have a good day!

I only have multi vits n fish oil from my gynae...btw any mummies experience really very itchy thighs? Recently i discovered very tiny bumps n they r v itchy on my thighs :( dont dare to apply things on them ...

Hi mummies, has anyone started to apply anti stretch mark cream? I used mustela for my no.1 but the effect not much.. Any brand to recommend pls?

Hi mummies, has anyone started to apply anti stretch mark cream? I used mustela for my no.1 but the effect not much.. Any brand to recommend pls?

I have just started using it yesterday only, week 12 now. My fren recommended bio oil and Clarins and am also using them now - one in the morning and one at night.

I haven start using anti stretch cream. Still bad ms, no " mood" and energy to apply yet.

I keep having dreams throughout my sleep. Everyday alao so tired. Friends say I think too much, but I try not to think and stone all day liao. Anyone experiencing the same situation?

Hi jubilee mum-to-be, just wondering any of you are visiting bukit batok TMC doctor wong Mun tat. He didn't talk much. Almost say nothing in my past 3 visits. I just missed the Oscar test and The nurse Joannna told me that I cannot do any more Down syndrome test for my baby in a very very very very rude way.
There are so many tests out there. Why can't. I m super angry. I am changing doctor. U all have any at least normal doctor to recommend near Jurong or west area?
Thanks.

I haven start using anti stretch cream. Still bad ms, no " mood" and energy to apply yet.

I keep having dreams throughout my sleep. Everyday alao so tired. Friends say I think too much, but I try not to think and stone all day liao. Anyone experiencing the same situation?
Hi @lovelymoments , I have the same problem with dreams. My dreams are always so vivid and exciting and weird, but when I wake up I can't remember what happen anymore.. haha. But yes, everyday also tired. Sometimes I fall asleep at my work desk.. oops.

Do u know where we can buy the clarins stretchmark cream? Like watsons can find? Also looking for stretchmark cream...

Btw anyone knows where u can buy hong zhao? The red glutinous wine. Thanks!

Do u know where we can buy the clarins stretchmark cream? Like watsons can find? Also looking for stretchmark cream...

clarins can only buy off their counter or those venus beauty neighbourhood sell beauty products stores.

Red glutinous wine? is it confinement that one? forum a lot of ppl selling. otherwise, those TCM hall got sell.

Hi jubilee mum-to-be, just wondering any of you are visiting bukit batok TMC doctor wong Mun tat. He didn't talk much. Almost say nothing in my past 3 visits. I just missed the Oscar test and The nurse Joannna told me that I cannot do any more Down syndrome test for my baby in a very very very very rude way.
There are so many tests out there. Why can't. I m super angry. I am changing doctor. U all have any at least normal doctor to recommend near Jurong or west area?
Thanks.
They didnt book or inform u when to do the test? Hmm sounds like a bad experience....better change if u r not happy with the gynae n service...since they will see us through the delivery...

Dr Wong is my gynae for no.1. What i like is he is calm n gentle, but true that he nv say much during appointments. During delivery, he came quite last minute and also leave quite fast after. I had a terrible high blood pressure after that and the nurse had to call him for instructions and it took a while til i got the med :(

Not sure if its because of my delivery timing, 1am..

that's not very good leh. I remember my #1 delivered by Irene chua. she came at 3am to induce and burst my water bag. and came back at 650am again to assist the pushing and deliver my baby. she was quite alert and fast.

clarins can only buy off their counter or those venus beauty neighbourhood sell beauty products stores.

Red glutinous wine? is it confinement that one? forum a lot of ppl selling. otherwise, those TCM hall got sell.
Thanks Jean!

Really TCM got sell? Mb I go ask them... My understanding is that they only sell the raw material, not the actual thing. Worse case scenario I just make myself lor...

Dr Wong is my gynae for no.1. What i like is he is calm n gentle, but true that he nv say much during appointments. During delivery, he came quite last minute and also leave quite fast after. I had a terrible high blood pressure after that and the nurse had to call him for instructions and it took a while til i got the med :(

Not sure if its because of my delivery timing, 1am..
Heng u pulled through... Dr Wong like doesn't sound very nice lei...

Hi everyone! I'm new here! Same like all of you, i'm expecting and due in June and would like to get to know more mummies. I have a 2 yro boy. Is there a FB group that I can join in as well? Congrats to all mothers and mothers-to-be in this thread.

Thanks.

Hi @positivelife

I'm seeing Dr John Yam at Jurong Point branch, not sure if it's consider near to you. I just went for my oscar scan yesterday and my appt with Dr John is next week. He's ok and he share with me whatever I asked him or not. Oscar scan is to be done between 11-14weeks, to what my gynae told me.

Hi @hi_mei ,

can get from Clarins counter in dept store, i saw it last weekend at Metro sales (but didnt' ask the price). My frd whom shared with me, its cheaper in Airport but I'm heading to HK next mth so I will get some to use.

Hi @Happybump ,

Currently, I'm using Elancyl (stretch mark prevention cream - made in paris) and bought from Guardian, twin pack on promo was about $40+ (150ml each) and so far so good.... but am goin to try the Clarins stretch mark control. Going to get in airport of HK which is cheaper.

Thanks.

Hi..
I m living near bukit batok area n I went to beauty world centre Lim women clinic.
My gynae is lim loon low. This is my 2nd pregnancy n my first was with him too.

U can go for harmony test for Down syndrome tests.
So rude hostile attitude. . Agree to change current gynae.

@ lemoncandy: I remember some of my dreams, some quite scary. Arrghh I need my good sleep. I am like a walking dead everyday ...
Almost every nights I need to wake up pee n after that has problem falling into sleep.
Especially my hb is snoring. .N naturally my mind will start thinking bout many things..
N when I really fall asleep.. The alarm range. . It's a cycle. .

Almost every nights I need to wake up pee n after that has problem falling into sleep.
Especially my hb is snoring. .N naturally my mind will start thinking bout many things..
N when I really fall asleep.. The alarm range. . It's a cycle. .
Is it possible to control ur water intake before sleeping? Then mb won't need to get up at night?
Or alternatively u can try TCM (need to see practitioner though). After taking the herbs I didn't have to wake up at night anymore.

Is it possible to control ur water intake before sleeping? Then mb won't need to get up at night?
Or alternatively u can try TCM (need to see practitioner though). After taking the herbs I didn't have to wake up at night anymore.
I already drink to take less water before zz..
During my first pregnancy is also like this..
Once I start preggy I got to pee at least once in the night.
After birth then back to normal.

I find myself light sleep too nowadays..
N in day time if not working I will zzz n zzz..
Like on sleeping spell kind..

Hi can I ask whether it is normal to bring ur newborn baby to visit parents in law within first two weeks? I am not sure if they expect us to do that because they are quite traditional and they might expect us to bring baby over rather than come over to visit us.

Hi can I ask whether it is normal to bring ur newborn baby to visit parents in law within first two weeks? I am not sure if they expect us to do that because they are quite traditional and they might expect us to bring baby over rather than come over to visit us.
if they are traditional, then i don't think they will allow you to leave the house for 1 month right? Since it's supposed to be confinement period :)

I guess should be okay ..
You still need to bring baby for checkup in the first month ..
And your gynae will require a check around 2-3 weeks after birth ..
You cant tell gynae that you are on a strict confinement, right ??

They can come ovet to visit you instead. 1st month is better not to yo bring baby out ( except got necessary checks) as their immune system are weak. And you are on confinment too.

Thanks @lemoncandy and @babyunicorn for your advice. Maybe I am just worrying unnecessarily...

I guess recently just felt that having a child is not really just between you and your hubby. Now my mother wants to be there at the hospital when the baby is born, she also said must let parents in law come also otherwise later they angry and disown us etc. Maybe I am being inconsiderate but I really want time with just hubby and baby after birth, not play pass the baby with various relatives... I don't mind them visiting after we come back from hospital though... Is that normal? Maybe just thinking too much...

Thanks @lemoncandy and @babyunicorn for your advice. Maybe I am just worrying unnecessarily...

I guess recently just felt that having a child is not really just between you and your hubby. Now my mother wants to be there at the hospital when the baby is born, she also said must let parents in law come also otherwise later they angry and disown us etc. Maybe I am being inconsiderate but I really want time with just hubby and baby after birth, not play pass the baby with various relatives... I don't mind them visiting after we come back from hospital though... Is that normal? Maybe just thinking too much...
You are not alone. I do not have a very good experience with my mil when my #1 came along. Now preggy with #2, the memories all coming back to haunt me. But no worries, soemthing that I learn, just need to make your stand. You are the mother and no one else is more impt than you and your hubby, to baby. :)

Hi All,

I did the harmony test even though we are technically considered low-risk (am 25 this year) as hubby wants more accurate results and less hassle of re-tests should there be a glitch. We found out the baby's sex as well. Drew about 5 tubes of blood and it took about 1.5 weeks to return the results and analyses of the test. It is really way pricier though.

You are not alone. I do not have a very good experience with my mil when my #1 came along. Now preggy with #2, the memories all coming back to haunt me. But no worries, soemthing that I learn, just need to make your stand. You are the mother and no one else is more impt than you and your hubby, to baby. :)
Thanks @lovelymoments... Haiz just hope there won't be too much problem when the time comes. How would u make ur stand? If tell them nicely doesn't work, are there other ways to do it?

Thanks @lovelymoments... Haiz just hope there won't be too much problem when the time comes. How would u make ur stand? If tell them nicely doesn't work, are there other ways to do it?
try to talk to them nicely first and see if it works. Try a few times. For me, it did not really work. So now I say what I want and do the same time. I communicated with my hubby, he is on the same side as me but just that their family culture is that no one can talk back to the parents. Opposs I am the bad dil now but no choice, for the good of my #1.very impt to communicate with hubby.

My mil wanted to ensure that I got bm for my #1 so she witnessed the bf session I had at tmc ..
She refused to leave ..
Alot of things are often different from what we wanted ..
Sometimes, just dont think too much unless it is offensive or dangerous ..
Life will be better if close one eye ..
I never quarrel or argue w my pils ..
I leave it to my hub to handle them ..
I dont follow strict confinement rules ..
I washed my hair the next day after discharge ..
Just didnt take cold stuffs ..
Some confinement rules are from ancient times where there were 4 seasons & no electrical appliances to ease their lives ..
End of the day, dont be too hard on yourself ..
Enjoy motherhood ..

Mei i think confinement cannot go out if unnecessary...mayb nearer the time u can ask ur hubby hint hint to ur in laws u guys cant go over...n yup if they r traditional they shd know confinement means confine at home hee!! Dun worry so much first !
I think is normal parents or in laws will come to hospital to visit u...means they really care for u n the grandchild...so see it in a positive way! If they dont come means they really dont care leh... Plus they will only drop by a while ...wont b there for whole day so when they r there...u just act v v tired dun talk much or just sleep hahaaa!! M i v bad...! N u ask ur hubby hint hint u need to rest hee!! Will ur hubby be staying overnight with u in the hospital?

My mil wanted to ensure that I got bm for my #1 so she witnessed the bf session I had at tmc ..
She refused to leave ..
Alot of things are often different from what we wanted ..
Sometimes, just dont think too much unless it is offensive or dangerous ..
Life will be better if close one eye ..
I never quarrel or argue w my pils ..
I leave it to my hub to handle them ..
I dont follow strict confinement rules ..
I washed my hair the next day after discharge ..
Just didnt take cold stuffs ..
Some confinement rules are from ancient times where there were 4 seasons & no electrical appliances to ease their lives ..
End of the day, dont be too hard on yourself ..
Enjoy motherhood ..
Wow ur mil very....demanding leh !! She still insisted seeing u bf !? Esp so personal! But i think u r right...sometimes we just stand on our grounds...in laws stuffs pass to hubby handle better....best to stay in an amicable relationship with them...can act blur best act blur sometimes...end day, baby u n hubby most important...!

Wow ur mil very....demanding leh !! She still insisted seeing u bf !? Esp so personal! But i think u r right...sometimes we just stand on our grounds...in laws stuffs pass to hubby handle better....best to stay in an amicable relationship with them...can act blur best act blur sometimes...end day, baby u n hubby most important...!

I think it is wrong to dislike the pils that much ..
Afterall, they are the parents of your hub ..
You wouldnt want your hub to dislike your parents too ??
So now I try to be as zen as possible ..
Act blur is a good strategy !!

Mei i think confinement cannot go out if unnecessary...mayb nearer the time u can ask ur hubby hint hint to ur in laws u guys cant go over...n yup if they r traditional they shd know confinement means confine at home hee!! Dun worry so much first !
I think is normal parents or in laws will come to hospital to visit u...means they really care for u n the grandchild...so see it in a positive way! If they dont come means they really dont care leh... Plus they will only drop by a while ...wont b there for whole day so when they r there...u just act v v tired dun talk much or just sleep hahaaa!! M i v bad...! N u ask ur hubby hint hint u need to rest hee!! Will ur hubby be staying overnight with u in the hospital?
Thanks for ur advice. I think on further thought we let ppl visit, because we know they very much want to share the joy. And we are also thankful they are happy. After all, it is the first grandchild on both sides. I discussed with hubby though, we want the first 24h to ourselves. So we agreed that he will only inform both sides the baby is born 24h later... To give us time to rest.

Btw actually my relationship with parents and PIL is quite good, and we make effort to maintain. Just that I feel all the impt events in life they are involved in decision... Like wedding they wanted hotel venue and I went ahead with that instead of a dream beach wedding. So with the baby's birth I don't want the same thing to happen again.

Thanks for ur advice. I think on further thought we let ppl visit, because we know they very much want to share the joy. And we are also thankful they are happy. After all, it is the first grandchild on both sides. I discussed with hubby though, we want the first 24h to ourselves. So we agreed that he will only inform both sides the baby is born 24h later... To give us time to rest.

Btw actually my relationship with parents and PIL is quite good, and we make effort to maintain. Just that I feel all the impt events in life they are involved in decision... Like wedding they wanted hotel venue and I went ahead with that instead of a dream beach wedding. So with the baby's birth I don't want the same thing to happen again.
Wise decision.
I also agree to let both parents visit newborn n us! :p
For my first pregnancy. . My boy is out in noon.. But we told our parents to visit us next day..
N my hb is smart. . He informed them like 5 plus telling them we r safe n baby out..

I think at least sometimes our own to enjoy looking at the baby n some bonding time with hb n baby is important.

When my in laws came next day I rarely have chance to carry my boy..

I also realise when baby is inside me.. He belongs solely to me.. listen my voice n bring him everywhere I go..
But when he is out I got to share him with others. .
N i have to remind myself he is receiving more love from others. .

HI mummies i jus join this thread, i'm delivering in June too, didnt follow this thread closely,
may i kne any mummies goin to deliver in kkh? i took e oscar scan, result is not good. i'm thinking whether
i shld go for harmony test. My #1 i only go for detailed scan. Thanks

=)

I m quite puzzled why need to bring newborn to visit them when baby is not yet a month old?
Can't they visit u n baby since u r in confinement?
Any reasons from them?
N they not going to visit u n baby in hospital?

Back