2WW - for those TTC-ing

I believe cold food play a part. I am a very hack care person last time, drink cold water, eat ice cubes. haha but heng my menses were very regular.

When ttcing tt time, I still continue doing that, till I met Dr Su, she told me its better not to drink cold stuff and not just for conceiving its also for your general health. then I also drink tonic soup once a week with my hub to up our body. cordyceps chicken soup la, shi quan da bu tang la, or black chicken soup. I think those really help. I drink red dates, longan, wolfberries tea also, just dump them into a thermal flask and add hot water, leave it for a while then drink. I felt those really help in my ttcing. Felt my body got stronger also.

Word of caution, i consult my tcm on the tonic soups b4 i go brew, shi quan was recommended by her. I dunno whether everybody can take tonic soup anot. :)
lol i dont drink a lot of cold water but my periods r mad..

My grandma too got 11 kids and she was like me too infertile for 5 yrs. Can imagine she was more stress than us as last time no help is given. That why she keep telling me maybe after 5 yrs i will have a child like her and it really came true.

By the way have you all ever heard that pple wif sub-fertility problems normally preggy after 5, 8 & 10 yrs of marriage? I realise a lot ard me is in this kind of timeline.

My mum had me after 7 years of having my sister... Maybe such problems do get passed down?
Actually I don't know why some people like to comment like, wah such a big gap or why so long then have babies.. Gap then gap lo, can have babies then good enough liao.

Glad that you finally received your baby after 5 years.. hope your 2nd one will arrive much faster!

Heard of a friend's friend who had no kids and waited for 6 yrs then suddenly one after another and got two!

So many jumps in the thread :D

Oh my Emily I heck about my diet... does our diet influence TTC a lot?
idont have diet restrictions..i eat wad i wanna eat, in moderation of course. however... i eat at home a large % of the time.. every weekday night that sort of thing. breakfast i too dont buy food from say coffee and toast or stuff like economical beehoon.. it's just milk and a slice of wholemeal bread or whatever tt is available (pau etc)

Last edited:
orh hor gamma... u still drink coke!!! orh horr.... pointing finger at u... :D
don take too much cold n sweet stuffs ok. a bit ok la. cos i know e feeling of urge. some more weather so hot. maybe u soak it in ur mouth till it warms up a little b4 swallowing haha:oops:

ya giving myself to see tsb once more n see how. if she can help, i will continue seeing her, if cant help and give hurtful remarks, no point seeing her. i think she is getting more n more yaya cos she knows many of us here seeing her and recommend her to ppl. so now yaya liao lor.
haha what is coke when it is warm? it isnt coke!!!!

haha, yah, I agree! Last time where got junk food de... last time meat was harder to come by and when they eat meat, all kampong grown, no jabs, no weird things. Everything as basic as possible, the body also stronger.

At least you gotten your rewards! Worth it!

I tried to switch to no cold water etc but still.. Haiz.. I think I will be like Fann Wong.. 5 years to conceive no. 1 even if quit all unhealthy food.

Actually nowadays weather so hot, i can't tahan also. will sip and just hold it in my mouth for a while b4 drinking it down. I just don't drink with ice. Its hard to quit, slowly la..

My mum had me after 7 years of having my sister... Maybe such problems do get passed down?
Actually I don't know why some people like to comment like, wah such a big gap or why so long then have babies.. Gap then gap lo, can have babies then good enough liao.

Glad that you finally received your baby after 5 years.. hope your 2nd one will arrive much faster!

Heard of a friend's friend who had no kids and waited for 6 yrs then suddenly one after another and got two!

My bro is 10 year younger than me, but we have a sis in between to break the age gap, she is 3 yr younger than me.

But my bro was an accident. haha

My grandma too got 11 kids and she was like me too infertile for 5 yrs. Can imagine she was more stress than us as last time no help is given. That why she keep telling me maybe after 5 yrs i will have a child like her and it really came true.

By the way have you all ever heard that pple wif sub-fertility problems normally preggy after 5, 8 & 10 yrs of marriage? I realise a lot ard me is in this kind of timeline.

Wah ur ah ma wil be super stress, plus tt kind of era, sure lots of pp point finger. Even during my mum time, my mum give birth to my sis, my maternal ah ma told her y u give birth to a girl again... Little did they know... we are not the one who determine baby sex wor.. haha

my BPF was for my #1. now TTC #2, hope to get my BFP soon. ;p

Dr Zou is a lady from China. lots of people see her for TTC. she sees both hubby and wife. her treatment is med (powder type) and accupunture. accupunture is usually just before O, to boost our eggs. her add is -> Zou Yumin TCM Physician & Acupuncturist. Blk 505, Ang Mo Kio Ave 8#01-266, Singapore 560505.

I saw TSB for few months, every visit she will look at my bbt chart and like not much comments. just give me med and that's it. she sees some patients for a long time, mine always within 5 mins after hours of waiting. after few months seeing her and brewing med, i just find that nothing is helping, i decided to change another tcm. to me, see dr must have fate & chemistry. no fate, see the same dr for years also like that. zeng si mei also see TSB, till now also didnt see she BFP.

Hi xuer, did you do acupuncture during the 1st visit to Dr Zou? I scared of needles >.<

Last edited:
Actually nowadays weather so hot, i can't tahan also. will sip and just hold it in my mouth for a while b4 drinking it down. I just don't drink with ice. Its hard to quit, slowly la..

My bro is 10 year younger than me, but we have a sis in between to break the age gap, she is 3 yr younger than me.

But my bro was an accident. haha

Wah ur ah ma wil be super stress, plus tt kind of era, sure lots of pp point finger. Even during my mum time, my mum give birth to my sis, my maternal ah ma told her y u give birth to a girl again... Little did they know... we are not the one who determine baby sex wor.. haha

High 5! My mum gave birth 3 girls, my paternal ah ma not happy abt it. Ask my mum to give away my 2nd sis. Cos she herself gave away most of her daughters. My mum had to hide her at my maternal grandma house during younger days. After my 3rd sis is born (wanna try for a boy but still girl), my mum pestered my dad to move to a HDB. Last time all of us stay under 1 roof in kampong. Got 1 SIL (who got a son) even ask my mum did u cry or not u got daughters? My mum damn angry lor.

On a side note, I went for v scan last month before i start clomid, he said my lining is too thin.

Hi xuer, did you do acupuncture during the 1st visit to Dr Zou? I scared of needles >.<

Nope. Only accupunture nearing O. I'm very very scared of needles. TTC changed my life. LoL!

High 5! My mum gave birth 3 girls, my paternal ah ma not happy abt it. Ask my mum to give away my 2nd sis. Cos she herself gave away most of her daughters. My mum had to hide her at my maternal grandma house during younger days. After my 3rd sis is born (wanna try for a boy but still girl), my mum pestered my dad to move to a HDB. Last time all of us stay under 1 roof in kampong. Got 1 SIL (who got a son) even ask my mum did u cry or not u got daughters? My mum damn angry lor.

My mum is her own mother lei. Imagine the hurt.

nowadays also have la, my sis pregnant tt time during new year, one of my relative ask her boy or girl, she say girl. then my relative go... Aiyoo, never mind la.... my sis was quite stunned by her answer then never got a chance to rebuke back.. hahaa

My ah ma best, she know my sis is carrying a girl, she told my sis. GIRL IS GOOD!!!! now all women working. Wah my ah ma know how to 做人 than my relative. hahaa

I believe cold food play a part. I am a very hack care person last time, drink cold water, eat ice cubes. haha but heng my menses were very regular.

When ttcing tt time, I still continue doing that, till I met Dr Su, she told me its better not to drink cold stuff and not just for conceiving its also for your general health. then I also drink tonic soup once a week with my hub to up our body. cordyceps chicken soup la, shi quan da bu tang la, or black chicken soup. I think those really help. I drink red dates, longan, wolfberries tea also, just dump them into a thermal flask and add hot water, leave it for a while then drink. I felt those really help in my ttcing. Felt my body got stronger also.

Word of caution, i consult my tcm on the tonic soups b4 i go brew, shi quan was recommended by her. I dunno whether everybody can take tonic soup anot. :)

@sunflower307 can ask what is the proportion for the red date, longan and wolfberry tea? how to make it?

I agaration one. hehe

for my 500ml thermal flask, i normally throw about 5/6 red date, 4/5 longan and a handful of wolfberries.
Sometimes i will add 1 南枣, to lower the heatness

don't add too much longan coz its quite sweet in nature.

My mum is her own mother lei. Imagine the hurt.

nowadays also have la, my sis pregnant tt time during new year, one of my relative ask her boy or girl, she say girl. then my relative go... Aiyoo, never mind la.... my sis was quite stunned by her answer then never got a chance to rebuke back.. hahaa

My ah ma best, she know my sis is carrying a girl, she told my sis. GIRL IS GOOD!!!! now all women working. Wah my ah ma know how to 做人 than my relative. hahaa
u know what i'd say?1 good capable daughter wins 10 useless bum sons. simple as that. and be an influential woman like Michelle Obama, Hilary Clinton, Christine Lagarde, Ho Ching, not good meh???? They are better than a lot of guys out there for god's sake

I agaration one. hehe

for my 500ml thermal flask, i normally throw about 5/6 red date, 4/5 longan and a handful of wolfberries.
Sometimes i will add 1 南枣, to lower the heatness

don't add too much longan coz its quite sweet in nature.

to add on, dont add too many red dates too. i recalled i got ear infection cos i was too heaty. LoL. KS lah... more means good.

I feel that diet not only affect ttc but it is the main basis for a good healthy body. By right, having babies should be a natural thing for us women, just look at our ancestors in the past. So in order for our body to function normally, we have to eat the right things.
When we eat the right things, we won't fall sick easily, won't put on unnecessary weight, the body has less stress then it can perform its normal function.
I partly feel that Singapore has low birth rates is because of all the stress and food we are eating. Think recently they were saying that survey has shown that most people do not cook nowadays and they will eat out. But outside food really too much salt, sugar, etc... Sometimes I eat some food, already feelt very salty but I still have people telling me not salty enough.. Like this can tell how badly 'damaged' the tastebuds are.
OMG..... I am a Mac addict and currently staying at rental while waiting for house to finish with reno so been eating out everyday :(

OMG..... I am a Mac addict and currently staying at rental while waiting for house to finish with reno so been eating out everyday :(

Dont worry... At least your menses r regular. And you had kids before right? Better than some of us try to eat healthy food but stil no good news... So sometimes when I wan eat cold stuff, I also just give in. Hehe.

Hi ladies, need some advice.. I'm on CD29 now, no idea when I ovulated or if I even ovulated. My left ovary is polycystic but I always have menses every mth, just that my cycle length may be abt 28-35 days. I usually have discharge all the time but this cycle quite dry and 2 days ago I had a tiny amount of brown discharge like just a drop. Yesterday had another drop of brown discharge and this afternoon, there was like a few drops. I have never experienced this kind of spotting before. Even if I had brown discharge, my menses flow will come like within half an hour or so. No pms cramps till now. My symptoms so far are sore boobs, heartburn, feeling bloated, frequent peeing, tired and sleepy. Should I take HPT tmr or just wait to see if af comes?

to add on, dont add too many red dates too. i recalled i got ear infection cos i was too heaty. LoL. KS lah... more means good.

Hehe, if u are getting the signs of heatyness then better stop for a while.. I always try to drink more from 2ww all the way to my adad

Hi ladies, need some advice.. I'm on CD29 now, no idea when I ovulated or if I even ovulated. My left ovary is polycystic but I always have menses every mth, just that my cycle length may be abt 28-35 days. I usually have discharge all the time but this cycle quite dry and 2 days ago I had a tiny amount of brown discharge like just a drop. Yesterday had another drop of brown discharge and this afternoon, there was like a few drops. I have never experienced this kind of spotting before. Even if I had brown discharge, my menses flow will come like within half an hour or so. No pms cramps till now. My symptoms so far are sore boobs, heartburn, feeling bloated, frequent peeing, tired and sleepy. Should I take HPT tmr or just wait to see if af comes?

I will test :p and if it is positive better schedule a gynae visit ASAP. :)

If scared disappointment, tahan for a few more than, maybe after cd35 since its ur latest day then test

you may want to test, as this could be implanation bleeding .... not menses !!

I will test :p and if it is positive better schedule a gynae visit ASAP. :)

If scared disappointment, tahan for a few more than, maybe after cd35 since its ur latest day then test

Yes I just don't want it to be yet another false alarm.. But if I don't test now, I'm scared if I'm pregnant and the spotting is a sign of something wrg.. Sighh

you may want to test, as this could be implanation bleeding .... not menses !!

I hope so too but scared to test in case BFN! :(

mrsmorgan

Test with FMU tomorrow!

Errr what's FMU?? Lol

hey ladies, i am currently taking conceive well. AF coming le. can I continue to take or stop taking till AF over?
For me, I continue to take cos it is like a kind of vitamins and minerals .. Prenatal vitamins and minerals to be exact .. So I gather no harm taking during AF:) not sure wat the other ladies here who take conceive well do:)

Hello ladies! I'm back again! Been reading silently.

Anyway, finally i've tried the cheaper ovulation test strips! Haha! To me, it was so exciting to use the strips! And because it's cheaper, i've been testing twice a day.

Just wanna clarify sth : I remember some of you said that we should see the OPK turn from negative (faint) to positive (as dark as control line), and then negative (faint or no more line) right? I caught mine like that. When it turned negative the last time, did it mean I have already ovulated OR ovulating then?
Today is my CD12. I tested with OPK on CD9 morning, CD9 night, CD10 morning, CD10 night and CD11 night (last night). The line was as dark as control line on CD10 night but very very very faint on CD11 night. Means what? I ovulated sometime between CD10 night to CD11 night?

Anyway, I BD on CD6 (more for fun. Haha.), CD9 and CD11. Felt cramps in my womb area yesterday (CD11) and it was more unbearable during BD. Hope HB's soldiers caught my egg! Should I BD again tonight just to be safe?

hey ladies, i am currently taking conceive well. AF coming le. can I continue to take or stop taking till AF over?

I think it is good to continue taking, no harm. :)
I even prepared my 5th box le... LOL... As I know I should be no hope this cycle...

Hello ladies! I'm back again! Been reading silently.

Anyway, finally i've tried the cheaper ovulation test strips! Haha! To me, it was so exciting to use the strips! And because it's cheaper, i've been testing twice a day.

Just wanna clarify sth : I remember some of you said that we should see the OPK turn from negative (faint) to positive (as dark as control line), and then negative (faint or no more line) right? I caught mine like that. When it turned negative the last time, did it mean I have already ovulated OR ovulating then?
Today is my CD12. I tested with OPK on CD9 morning, CD9 night, CD10 morning, CD10 night and CD11 night (last night). The line was as dark as control line on CD10 night but very very very faint on CD11 night. Means what? I ovulated sometime between CD10 night to CD11 night?

Anyway, I BD on CD6 (more for fun. Haha.), CD9 and CD11. Felt cramps in my womb area yesterday (CD11) and it was more unbearable during BD. Hope HB's soldiers caught my egg! Should I BD again tonight just to be safe?

I think you can continue to today. I read online when your OPK turned dark, BD on that day and the following two/three days. Because OPK test the LH surge which is the hormones just before you O. Though it detected your surge you may O one day later or two days so just to cover bases, if today still can, can just BD.

Jia you!

I find best to stop opk after you have found it to be positive. Don't stress on the peeing anymore :p

The +ve to -ve doesn't always mean you have ovulated. It just means the surge is over. It's two different things. That's why I find no point opk after a +ve.

Just enjoy the bd 2-3x after the positive and let nature works it's course already. Having said that, it's also just as important to bd before your positive. We know the soldiers can live for days and linger near your ovaries. That was how I got my first bfp.

I find best to stop opk after you have found it to be positive. Don't stress on the peeing anymore :p

The +ve to -ve doesn't always mean you have ovulated. It just means the surge is over. It's two different things. That's why I find no point opk after a +ve.

Just enjoy the bd 2-3x after the positive and let nature works it's course already. Having said that, it's also just as important to bd before your positive. We know the soldiers can live for days and linger near your ovaries. That was how I got my first bfp.

Thanks redvel and Piggling for the reply!

And yes, redvel. I got my 1st and 2nd BFP coz of that too (soldiers lingering near ovaries). I sound like a noob at using OPKs now coz #1 and #2 were by 'accidents'. Haiz.....HB's and my system go wrong liao.... now want 'accident' also difficult.

Haha how I wish we can accident-bd! My first bfp was a total surprise too. Didn't opk didn't count dates didn't check ovulation symptoms. Wham bam. But unfortunately ended in mc la. But also goes to show what's Murphy's Law.

My sinseh discouraged me to opk nor bbt. I used to do these for a year until he opened up my mind about this. He said just bd 2-3x after your mense and you will be at the right dates. He joked "is it you show your man the calendar which dates must bd?". I burst into laughter. Because yes I did that. He said this can also cause stress to the man, not just the woman. After I quit bbt, I sleep so much better.

Maybe it is true...
that OPK and BBT does cause more stress..
I definitely feel much less happier since I embark on the journey of ttc-ing...
Seeing that so many ladies here can 'accident' and conceive.. I seriously think maybe I am infertile afterall.. Sigh..
And I feel all these stress really add up.. the more you wan, the more you won't be given. At least for my case.

Back