(2014/11) Nov 2014 Mummies

Hi divineparadise, i did some checks..apparently kk no longer provide this service. Thomson Medical is going at 3D @$270 while 4D @$370,
Raffles hospital is 3D @ $305+GST, 4D @ $365 + GST, Parkway East Hospital (Eastshore) is $350-$375 for 3D/4D.
All of them need gynae's reference letter.

Still contemplating to sink the money in for 4D scan or save up for future use? you confirm going to do?

My Gyane got do price is about $50- $150 only.. But I not sure how many pics or printout will get la.. But he usually will save it in the thumbdrive.. Even for normal scan.. So each visit we will give our thumbdrive to the nurse and they save the scan pic for us..

I think maybe I'll do it at maybe 26weeks to celebrate the milestone..

hi stoneystoney,
what are the prenatal insurances available?
what is prenatal insurance u buy from Prudential called?

Got 3 companies.

1) axa
2) Aia
3) prudential

But more or less the same thing and coverage de la.. Just see who u like and ur agent from where lo...

Price also about the same.. Now buy cover mom then when child born transfer to child.. Aia can choose whether to transfer to child or mom can save for herself.. Not sure if the other 2 offer this option.. Nv ask... Can buy from 18-32weeks.. Earliest is 18weeks, latest is 32weeks but usually pple buy earlier. Cuz underwriting need about 2 weeks. So if buy at 32weeks den no guarantee..

My nos 1 was pru and I bought Axa for nos 2, for same premium, Axa payout is higher... But yeah pru has the $300 voucher as a carrot...

My nos 1 was pru and I bought Axa for nos 2, for same premium, Axa payout is higher... But yeah pru has the $300 voucher as a carrot...
haha. i did not ask abt axa.
Pru de i also dun knw got $300 voucher. its only after i confirm sign wif my agent then she tell me got the $300 voucher. so to me i treat it as a bonus. hahaha....

I bought the AIA star shield when my son was out... Intending to do the same for #2... Didn't get the prenatal insurance coz I don't like it being converted to investment link...

I bought the AIA star shield when my son was out... Intending to do the same for #2... Didn't get the prenatal insurance coz I don't like it being converted to investment link...
Same I also didn't like the investment link. Will also be doing the same as u.

My Gyane got do price is about $50- $150 only.. But I not sure how many pics or printout will get la.. But he usually will save it in the thumbdrive.. Even for normal scan.. So each visit we will give our thumbdrive to the nurse and they save the scan pic for us..

I think maybe I'll do it at maybe 26weeks to celebrate the milestone..

Pooopi, yr gynae very nice leh. able to share his contact?
actually i'm not totally comfortable to with my impatient and superbusy gynae, am still contemplating to change him! :p

Babby you are the customer and you deserve all the attention for the time you paid for. I hate those gynae who are always in a rush!

I got both cord blood and cord lining! Definitely worth it... Saw in FB on $15million investment in the US for more treatments using cord blood... It seems that the industry is evolving. Actually the best medication with no complications will still, after all, be one's own cells. There are so many people in the world suffering from medication allergies... And we really do not know the reliability of drugs in the market after years. I store for the potential of the cells and how it can eventually benefit my family members and as a small little gift for my bb. :) I cannot imagine if next time there are more breakthroughs and i didn't make this decision during birth. Don't want to end up with regrets in life...

hi sheahappie,
Is it 2 times Initial Upfront Fees & 2 times Annual fees for storing Both cord blood and cord lining?

Babby you are the customer and you deserve all the attention for the time you paid for. I hate those gynae who are always in a rush!

I am really short change for service. I went to him for proximity of my home plus lots of positive review from the website. However I have to lower my expectation again and again for his poor attitude.
I've paid for his package already but my husband also say up to me to change.

that's why i'm thinking to pay extra for my bb's 3d or 4d scan outside cos gynae nvr give me proper scan pics of my bb.
i always wonder if its his machine, or my tummy too thick… sigh.

hi ladies,
u attending prenatal class called 'Childbirth Education'?
pls share yr experience if u have tried either KK, Mt Alv or TMC. Thanks!

actually i'm not totally comfortable to with my impatient and superbusy gynae, am still contemplating to change him! :p

Yep yep, our gynae is very nice & warm & compassionate. :) Never impatient or brushes his patient aside no matter how busy he is, and takes joy in scanning baby every single time. Unlike some gynaes who treat scanning as a 2 minute routine, snap a quick shot & that's it.

that's why i'm thinking to pay extra for my bb's 3d or 4d scan outside cos gynae nvr give me proper scan pics of my bb.
i always wonder if its his machine, or my tummy too thick… sigh.

He anyhow scan is it? My Gynae always try normal scan first. If he thinks baby position is ok, he will try 3D and will give me the scan(s)

I'm not planning to buy prenatal also can't rmb why. Didn't get for my #1, not planning for my #2.

I think my last planner said along the lines like only take a plan if u think u can't afford the costs of the actual event. So if it's afew K's, then no point.
I regretted buying endowment and ILPs. Now every month tied up. I am thinking of terminating and cut my losses. I bought term which has higher coverage but so much cheaper. So think I should terminate my other plans. Put that to unit trust or something.

ILP terminate now u won't earn much... Last time young n naive so bought one and now regret and still holding on... Term plans are better...

My Gyane is dr Benjamin Tham.. He is really very nice.. Haha... Funny and reassuring.. U can google, he got website...

Yep yep, our gynae is very nice & warm & compassionate. :) Never impatient or brushes his patient aside no matter how busy he is, and takes joy in scanning baby every single time. Unlike some gynaes who treat scanning as a 2 minute routine, snap a quick shot & that's it.

Totally agree.. Even e half day and he heard I got some discharge he also waited for me to come down lo.. Wed he work till 1pm only.. Then when I ended the appt already 330pm Liao..

Last time I go Lawrence Ang.. Faint.. The scan pic I cannot see anything.. Don't even know what is it lo... Scan plus consultation less then 5 mins, with appt I waited for 2hrs to see him.. But with dr Tham usually about 30mins wait ok le...

Experienced mummies....Can shared your experience on what disposable diaper is good?
And have anyone use those rewashable cloth diaper before? Really alot of hardwork in washing?

i'm using cloth diaper and disposable diaper for my 1st baby..
Newborn i used Merries brand .. recently changed to Walker type but mummy poko.
Cloth diaper i used Bum wear.. yes a lot of washing that you need to do..

I am very lucky that the infant centre can accept cloth diaper ... coz we use cloth diaper during day time.
I am really thanks to those teachers who has helped me to clean the cloth diaper whenever my bb poo..
we use the cloth diaper in infant centre till Play group.. start from N1 she has already in pants .. for day time .. no need cloth diaper at all.
night time we use disposable diaper..

i'm using cloth diaper and disposable diaper for my 1st baby..
Newborn i used Merries brand .. recently changed to Walker type but mummy poko.
Cloth diaper i used Bum wear.. yes a lot of washing that you need to do..

I am very lucky that the infant centre can accept cloth diaper ... coz we use cloth diaper during day time.
I am really thanks to those teachers who has helped me to clean the cloth diaper whenever my bb poo..
we use the cloth diaper in infant centre till Play group.. start from N1 she has already in pants .. for day time .. no need cloth diaper at all.
night time we use disposable diaper..

I'm looking into cloth diapers after first month, cos confinement my mil & mum helping so dun wan make them so busy still must wash diapers. So many brands leh, I kinda like Apple cheeks lol very cute but not sure if it's good. And so many different diaper system, so chim. Which infant care is it?

Totally agree.. Even e half day and he heard I got some discharge he also waited for me to come down lo.. Wed he work till 1pm only.. Then when I ended the appt already 330pm Liao..

Last time I go Lawrence Ang.. Faint.. The scan pic I cannot see anything.. Don't even know what is it lo... Scan plus consultation less then 5 mins, with appt I waited for 2hrs to see him.. But with dr Tham usually about 30mins wait ok le...

Ya lor he's the only gynae I saw who doesn't hurt me with v scan & asks permission. He also will sort irritating husbands out by educating them on what we're going through. With appointment it's 15-30 min wait, and he'll take his time to scan baby, tell u about baby & other things we need to know de. Thumbs up! Machiam sell newspaper broadcast for him lol

mayb u ladies wan to try NUH. I heard tat they offer 3D+4D less than 300.
u can call up to check. my another mummy fren is goin there to do the scan...

hi stoneystoney,
thanks that u share with us on the NUH scan. I booked mine already as was told 3D+4D around $200.
though only give 2 pics and 2 movement clips, think not too bad!

Ya lor he's the only gynae I saw who doesn't hurt me with v scan & asks permission. He also will sort irritating husbands out by educating them on what we're going through. With appointment it's 15-30 min wait, and he'll take his time to scan baby, tell u about baby & other things we need to know de. Thumbs up! Machiam sell newspaper broadcast for him lol

Haha.. I thk I keep recommending pple in the forum to him.. Haha

Haha.. I thk I keep recommending pple in the forum to him.. Haha

Pooopi, if want to see him before next appointment, just sms in? I want to ask him about what to avoid or look out for if I go BKK with my hubby & pil leh. Feel insecure about the cleanliness there, and I'm also getting frequent fainting spells. So far I stick to appointment, never go in earlier.

Pooopi, if want to see him before next appointment, just sms in? I want to ask him about what to avoid or look out for if I go BKK with my hubby & pil leh. Feel insecure about the cleanliness there, and I'm also getting frequent fainting spells. So far I stick to appointment, never go in earlier.

I usually SMS in.. There a number where u can SMS.. I put my name IC. Tell them what happen and why I wanna go in lo. Then the nurse will call back.. Cuz if u call in right, sometimes call till pek chek.. No pple pick up one.. And even if have pple pick up.. U need to tell the appt nurse what happen den get the nurse to call u back.. Usually is sister Huang la.. The lady short hair wearing specs de..

So either way also nurse have to call back den might as well I text in then the nurse can see and sister huang will call me back..

Sometimes I 1 week go in twice lo... One is with appt one without... Faint... Sister huang see my name also scare.. Not to mention dr Tham.. Haha.. Then the assistant, Nina also scare.. Every one also scare to see my name lo.. If I suddenly appear and walk in they lagi scare... Haha.. So now I SMS, if walk in they will have heart attack.. And trouble some for them also cuz nv retrieve record etc... So to save them trouble I'll sms..

My next appt is next thrus.. Now seeing him every 2 weeks.. I think most likely this every 2 weeks appt will continue till like 34 weeks.. Haha.. Also good la.. If 4 weeks appt I sure bound to go in more often de lo.. So 2 weeks also the same as 4 weeks visit..

Just pray hard that my BH will ease down and don't come back.. Me now drink at least 2.1L of water everyday..

I usually SMS in.. There a number where u can SMS.. I put my name IC. Tell them what happen and why I wanna go in lo. Then the nurse will call back.. Cuz if u call in right, sometimes call till pek chek.. No pple pick up one.. And even if have pple pick up.. U need to tell the appt nurse what happen den get the nurse to call u back.. Usually is sister Huang la.. The lady short hair wearing specs de..

So either way also nurse have to call back den might as well I text in then the nurse can see and sister huang will call me back..

Sometimes I 1 week go in twice lo... One is with appt one without... Faint... Sister huang see my name also scare.. Not to mention dr Tham.. Haha.. Then the assistant, Nina also scare.. Every one also scare to see my name lo.. If I suddenly appear and walk in they lagi scare... Haha.. So now I SMS, if walk in they will have heart attack.. And trouble some for them also cuz nv retrieve record etc... So to save them trouble I'll sms..

My next appt is next thrus.. Now seeing him every 2 weeks.. I think most likely this every 2 weeks appt will continue till like 34 weeks.. Haha.. Also good la.. If 4 weeks appt I sure bound to go in more often de lo.. So 2 weeks also the same as 4 weeks visit..

Just pray hard that my BH will ease down and don't come back.. Me now drink at least 2.1L of water everyday..

How much do they charge you for your additional visits?

How much do they charge you for your additional visits?

Depends leh.. Range about $100 - $150 ba.. Consultation + scan...

But even with appt, under package Liao I also have to pay $100-$200.. Sometimes more.. Cuz of my medication.. So even with package I nv go in and don't have to pay before leh.. Lol..

Dusphaston $1.50 per pill.. I had to take 3pills a day... 10 days $45, 30 days $135 Liao.. I thk Haven plus gst.. $135 only dusphaston haven plus other medication.. Haha...

Back