(2014/11) Nov 2014 Mummies

Oh btw try doing the cat curl exercise! On ur bed before u sleep ... go on all fours legs bent (like hw we do the female version of push ups) curl up like a frighten cat forming a n-shape... then relax curl the other way forming a U-shape... :)

I'll try, thanks! Sigh scared the pain comes back when I lie down later...

Take care. Drink more water also if suspects it's BH. I also felt some weird cramps but it goes away. But my pain is not during bm it just comes and go.

If really not well just go kk to ease ur mind else wait till Monday to see own Gynae. Heard kkh very crowded and waiting time is long.

I'm not really comfy with kkh but will see how... now suspecting bh, but I've no way of telling if they are really bh. Will drink more water too, thanks!

I'm not walking or doing anything strenuous. Mostly is when I sit down then suddenly strike. Or when I lie down. I dun feel baby movement yet so more worrying cos I can't monitor.

Don't worry! U may not notice it cos sometimes baby move only when u r asleep... :) hydrate yourself and if u do constipate, take a red flesh dragonfruit a day... also try not to sit up too much... I realise when I sit in office all day, my back hurts alot... and I have trouble sleeping at night too due to the backaches. Monitor it and consult ur gynae on Monday! Have a good rest! :)

Hi mummies! I'm having an issue with the bb kicks and hiccups leh..

Especially at night.. Bb kick so hard tat I can feel impact on my bladder.. I don't know is it normal anot and it continues for a few minutes..

And all day I can feel bb kicks or hiccups.. As long as I'm awake, most of the time bb would kick once I'm awake.

But once it hits the night the kick is quite impact and abit like on and off non stop.. Currently at 22 weeks.. My detail scan report shows bb very healthy. Placenta position is good and cfm is bb girl.. Did my blood test also.. Clear from diabetes test also..

Especially at night.. Bb kick so hard tat I can feel impact on my bladder.. I don't know is it normal anot and it continues for a few minutes..

And all day I can feel bb kicks or hiccups.. As long as I'm awake, most of the time bb would kick once I'm awake.

But once it hits the night the kick is quite impact and abit like on and off non stop.. Currently at 22 weeks.. My detail scan report shows bb very healthy. Placenta position is good and cfm is bb girl.. Did my blood test also.. Clear from diabetes test also..

Sounds like a hyper baby! Nothing wrong I guess... :) maybe u r not used to it that's y... furthermore test results shows that everything is fine! consult ur gynae the next round on the baby movement. So far I have heard from my friends... esp those carrying boys, that their baby movement cause them discomforts... so don't worry too much! :)

Oh by the way... need some advise from experienced mummies... is it advisable to get second hand breast pumps? My friend wanted to sell her 6 yr old set to me at $380 but when I check online, they r selling US sets for $400 maybe 1 mth old or so only. What r your views?

Btw i am talking about Medela Pump In Style Advanced...

Oh by the way... need some advise from experienced mummies... is it advisable to get second hand breast pumps? My friend wanted to sell her 6 yr old set to me at $380 but when I check online, they r selling US sets for $400 maybe 1 mth old or so only. What r your views?

Cclim, it is alright to get a second hand set, particularly if we are not sure how long we can sustain bf-Ing! But I think $380 for 6yr old set may be a bit overpriced. Even if warranty covers problems, the warranty most likely have expired and you are stuck with a set that is more likely to give you problems than a day, 2yr old set,

I got this off by googling "WTS medala pump in style". Not telling you to buy, but use it as a reference as the advert is more recent.

http://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/threads/wts-medela-pump-in-style-advanced-local.55215/

Anyone went TMC 24hr before? I'm thinking if I should walk in tomorrow or wait Monday call gynae clinic. Been having pains for a few days, more at nights & then feel pressure at backside like want to poo but not really need to poo, and stomach hardens become tight. :x
Mapleleafy, it is likely to be BH contractions. Like cclim said, maybe you notice it more at night when it is quieter and have lesser distractions around. But if you are worried, just do a walk in to see the gynae. Definitely beats getting worried but not having an answer...

Cclim, it is alright to get a second hand set, particularly if we are not sure how long we can sustain bf-Ing! But I think $380 for 6yr old set may be a bit overpriced. Even if warranty covers problems, the warranty most likely have expired and you are stuck with a set that is more likely to give you problems than a day, 2yr old set,

I got this off by googling "WTS medala pump in style". Not telling you to buy, but use it as a reference as the advert is more recent.

http://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/threads/wts-medela-pump-in-style-advanced-local.55215/

Oh great! Yeah it's still early now to get one as well... so I am doing some research first :) thanks sweetie!

Sounds like a hyper baby! Nothing wrong I guess... :) maybe u r not used to it that's y... furthermore test results shows that everything is fine! consult ur gynae the next round on the baby movement. So far I have heard from my friends... esp those carrying boys, that their baby movement cause them discomforts... so don't worry too much! :)

Oic! Ya. Maybe I should consult my gynae the next time round.. Lol.. Like you said. Being a first time mummy I am not used to it. Haha!

hello!
Anyone attending prenatal class called 'Childbirth Education'?
pls share yr experience if u have tried either KK, Mt Alv or TMC. Thanks!

Yah we attended Wong Boh Boi's first lesson yesterday at AMK Hub. She taught relaxing techniques, how to sit properly, preview of how to position and breathe in labour ward, prevent rheumatism in old age by taking care of your joints now (which are now "looser" from the hormone relaxin and need extra care), etc which we could practice with hubby. I found it very useful as a first time mum, cos she did physical demonstrations and we could follow....all these are hard to learn from books cos she had so many to teach us. She also debunked many pregnancy and postpartum myths (some perpetuated even by confinement nannies, who are supposedly more "expert" than we are) which gave me peace of mind and help me build confidence. Lots of tips on diet too.

What is best is that the lesson got my husband involved. I felt this was so important as can help him to build empathy and bond with baby. Oh yah she even taught us techniques on how to stroke our tummy and bond with our child in the womb. Last night my hubby started doing it and this morning too...im so pleased lor. I feel it is a good investment. Can't wait for the later lessons on breastfeeding and more detailed labour techniques.

Oh yah and damn funny she even passed around a backpack with fake boobs and 5 kg tummy weight for the hubbies to wear so they know how it feels! (again building empathy for wives). Apparently in late pregnancy we will carry about 10kg at our front. My mum saw a photo I took of hubby and could not stop laughing.

For me I had a scared ytd.. I was moving ard almost whole of ytd.. Baking then go my godma house.. Dinner and played mj... Den when playing mj I realized I haven felt bb moved today.. And go so worried.. Keep telling bb pls move pls move.. Tho very light movement but I still not convince.. Go home lie in bed also got kick once but I also not convince..

This morning wake up I felt him kicking more but I still very worried and got my Doppler to listen to hb..

I'm so paranoid!! Got me worried sick... Keep telling bb to move and kick more please.. Just don't play with the placenta and umbilical cord...

Lucky able to locate bb hb... Thank god!! Don't want play mj next time Liao... :(

For me I had a scared ytd.. I was moving ard almost whole of ytd.. Baking then go my godma house.. Dinner and played mj... Den when playing mj I realized I haven felt bb moved today.. And go so worried.. Keep telling bb pls move pls move.. Tho very light movement but I still not convince.. Go home lie in bed also got kick once but I also not convince..

This morning wake up I felt him kicking more but I still very worried and got my Doppler to listen to hb..

I'm so paranoid!! Got me worried sick... Keep telling bb to move and kick more please.. Just don't play with the placenta and umbilical cord...

Lucky able to locate bb hb... Thank god!! Don't want play mj next time Liao... :(
I hv been moving around more past few days too n from last evening till today I hardly feel my bb movement. Also like u, I not convinced for a few times, thinking whether they r really kicks...too bad I dun hv Doppler...still worrying...

I will Nv buy second hand open system pump. Medela pumps are open system. Go google it.

I hv been moving around more past few days too n from last evening till today I hardly feel my bb movement. Also like u, I not convinced for a few times, thinking whether they r really kicks...too bad I dun hv Doppler...still worrying...

When is ur next appt?

This morning I told my hubby about this and he scold me.. :(

Why this morning den u Doppler.. Should have used it when I'm home ytd.. Wait till morning also too late Liao.. Den I was like ok.. I'm sorry.. :(

Talk to bb? Get him or her to kick or move... It helps...

When is ur next appt?

This morning I told my hubby about this and he scold me.. :(

Why this morning den u Doppler.. Should have used it when I'm home ytd.. Wait till morning also too late Liao.. Den I was like ok.. I'm sorry.. :(

Talk to bb? Get him or her to kick or move... It helps...

i just had my check up so next check up is one mth later.
actually no matter when we check, if something already happened inside, also too late. that time I asked my gynae, if something happening inside, also too late to save right, then he said, the check is to make sure mother is unharmed...so it is implied...
anyway I googled on decreased bb movement and found some ways to get bb moving
1. drink cold water
2. eat chocolate
3. eat till full and lie on your right side

eating chocolates worked for me...my bb started kicking quite a lot after I had chocolate yesterday..heehee :)

For 2nd time mummies here, have you started massaging breast in preperation breastfeeding? Notice the opening of the nip started recently.

Im eating kitkat now! Think must stop eating sweet stuff cos this thurs is my detail scan! Hope my bb dun be bouncing too much tt day!!

Should bounce more! Cos the gynae will have to assess many different positions. Hehee... try to eat something before ur scan... not necessarily chocs. :) have fun!

Im eating kitkat now! Think must stop eating sweet stuff cos this thurs is my detail scan! Hope my bb dun be bouncing too much tt day!!

Lol! Ya lor.. Must get bb to move but not too much also.. My bb didn't move a lot at first that day.. Until sonographer say bb very quiet.. Suddenly bb started kicking and boxing like mad.. Lol. Like little boxer..

When accessing the heart the sonographer need bb to be in different position leh.. If not will have hard time trying to take a good look at the heart structure.. :)

peanutsbyme, can we start massaging so early? The last time I bought the pigeon breast care gel and the instructions said to start from week 24 onwards. And what is opening of the nips?

By the way, anyone knows when is taka baby fair coming?

Thanks for adding me into the FB group. :)
Done the detailed scan today, everything is normal. Hoo...relieved and happy. Baby is active..
Baby is 362g now at week20 day 6.
I have put on 3kgs from pre-preg and Gynae said eat normal, you shall only gain 1kg monthly from now. o_O

Back