(2014/08) August 2014

I also having braxton hicks at 31 weeks. First time it happened I was quite surprised why my stomach became hard in knots. Thought bb kicking. Now it is occuring daily, sometimes in the form of tightening of pelvic muscles when I walk. My gynae asked me to monitor and let him know if frequent cos scared preterm.

Actually... how does Braxton hicks actually feels like?

@kopibeanie me too. Can u imagine I walk till the next day my legs super pain til cannot walk at all.
N plus now coughing for 1weeks plus cant take durian at all. Super sad leh. Took medicine also no usr now have to let my body jus slowly gets well.

Thanks joyfulmummy, I'm a bit anxious about my bb weight but gynae is relaxed. My blood sugar is on the high side so cannot really take durians to bu :(.

Today at church a well meaning fren kept pointing out to me that my stomach is small and not sticking out as what pple expect to be at 7 months. I just try to think positive really.

Don't care what other people say. Some people never use their brain when they speak.
As long as ur gynae say all are okay, believe in him/her.

They are the one who look at ur baby via professionally and not those 三姑六婆 who just look at the surface and starts to finger pointing.

Seaturtle Don't worry about weight ... Most important it is close to full term and healthy ! My first gal was only 2.4kg when she was borned and she is healthy.

J Lau maybe you can Take milk.. Full fat kind and eat meats like beef
Maybe ice cream ! It's my indulgence be fore confinement starts. All helps to gain weight. .
However my gynae says whatever you put on will have to come off after the delivery ...

Last edited:
@joie I am currently drinking full cream milk before I leave my house then reach office, I will drink pregnant milk leh.
As for Beef, I didn't take cos I only like medium rare and I dislike well done or medium well...
Out of the 3 that you have mentioned, I think I will eat more ice cream instead.

@joyctansg tightening kind of feeling? hmmm...... ok... Will take note of this feeling.

Mine is like at the front of the tummy you will see a portion tightening up visibly so that it looks like a very hard bun 馒头 across the smooth surface of the tummy. Usually it is painless and goes away in 1 minute or so. If I walk a lot that day, I will see 2 馒头 in the middle of the night at front of tummy. Also sometimes sense tightening of pelvic muslces below when I walk. Gynae said all these are braxton hicks. I read that famous book (What to Expect) and it says it's common in 3rd trimester as the muscles are tightening up with uterus expansion.

Quite amazing how our bodies are constructed. These ligaments also practice in advance lol.

Oh I see.. For me it didn't cause any problem... But ventolin if I eat something before taking pills it helps... Maybe u try taking some stuffs before taking the pills?

Mine is only 5mg, 3 times a day..

Oh ya.. In from nov thread la.. Pop in and kpo.. Haha.. Cuz I saw u say headache so maybe can help..

I have been taking it since 1st tri cuz I have pre term labour and have babies in 22w before so it's better to take early...

Jia you mummies!! Seeing u ladies popping soon means I'm also further along the pregnancy le..
Poopi u mean you delivered your bb durimg 22 weeks? May I check hw long bb need to be nicu and any op required?

Im on my 34 week today.
I already felt swell foot, aching back n fatigue!
Yesterday I was preparing my bedroom for putting baby cot..keeping my personal stuff as confinement lady will be sleeping with me and of cos tidy up the room and washing laundry as my mil went msia so I started from noon till 7 plus pm (in btw I went to ntuc bought detergent of 4.4kg n 4 stationary tray cos my hubby always mess up the computer desk). My back was aching, both hands n legs was restless..went nearest shopping mall with hubby and I cant even hold on a cup of bubble tea and dropped on the floor.

Mine is like at the front of the tummy you will see a portion tightening up visibly so that it looks like a very hard bun 馒头 across the smooth surface of the tummy. Usually it is painless and goes away in 1 minute or so. If I walk a lot that day, I will see 2 馒头 in the middle of the night at front of tummy. Also sometimes sense tightening of pelvic muslces below when I walk. Gynae said all these are braxton hicks. I read that famous book (What to Expect) and it says it's common in 3rd trimester as the muscles are tightening up with uterus expansion.

Quite amazing how our bodies are constructed. These ligaments also practice in advance lol.

@Seaturtle - I thought that is baby shifting and pushing?? Like the stomach will suddenly become lopsided cos baby is pushing one side. I usually patpat the area and it goes away after he's had his fun

Im on my 34 week today.
Yesterday I was preparing my bedroom for putting baby cot..keeping my personal stuff as confinement lady will be sleeping with me and of cos tidy up the room and washing laundry as my mil went msia so I started from noon till 7 plus pm (in btw I went to ntuc bought detergent of 4.4kg n 4 stationary tray cos my hubby always mess up the computer desk). My back was aching, both hands n legs was restless..went nearest shopping mall with hubby and I cant even hold on a cup of bubble tea and dropped on the floor.

Hey girl pls take it easy - try to take a break whenever you've walked or stood for half an hour. My prenantal class teacher Wong Boi Boi kept emphasizing not to overstrain - she mentioned got a lot of preterm births during Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve as the mummies kept shopping and forgot to take breaks :p.

@Seaturtle - I thought that is baby shifting and pushing?? Like the stomach will suddenly become lopsided cos baby is pushing one side. I usually patpat the area and it goes away after he's had his fun

Yah I know dear, but braxton hicks different - it's very hard, different from when bb kick that area (tummy will still remain relatively soft and flabby) :p. Pat pat no use, still as hard as mantou. Sometimes lagi worse bb feel like kicking the mantou at the same time ouch.

Mayb our kids having soccer fever too. Ya havr to take care. Now I m taking things easier. Not to walk too much. Sat walk too much n now end up my one leg ligament is pulling which makes me now having difficulty to walk. I thk also plus the tummy weight pressin on my leg area.

Poopi u mean you delivered your bb durimg 22 weeks? May I check hw long bb need to be nicu and any op required?

Nope.. Sadly they didn't make it.. It could be my cervix is weak but generally twins just come earlier.. So can't determine what is the cause, I had to take anti contractions pills from the start of the pregnancy till like maybe 35weeks? :)

Hi guys , sorry to crash your forum thread, but I am helping my v nice ex cl to post , I have recommended her to many and to be truthful I am hoping to get preg and dying to get her back , was chatting with her yesterday and was told that she have a empty slot in july aug as the lady who booked her gave birth 3 weeks earlier , so for those that is still short of a CL , please email me at [email protected] . my review of her can be found here ... the one with many pics of food http://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/threads/a-good-confinement-lady-to-recommend.4637/

Nope.. Sadly they didn't make it.. It could be my cervix is weak but generally twins just come earlier.. So can't determine what is the cause, I had to take anti contractions pills from the start of the pregnancy till like maybe 35weeks? :)

muz have been devastating. stay strong! & may God bless ur current one to full term!

Im on my 34 week today.

aiyoh. pls don't over exert urself leh. heavy chores ask (nag n nag) hb to do la.

@Seaturtle Same like @queeensg, I tot that was my LO shifting and pushing. Just this morning, I notice my tummy lopsided and when press, it is very hard. Same like @queeensg ,I just pat pat my LO and slowly it return to normal..

I only felt pain at my front pelvis when I change position after I been lying down. I still tot it is bcos my pelvis is slowly shifting to get ready for birth....

breathlessness coz of heartburn? I find that eating a lighter dinner (less rice) & using 2 pillows to prop up my head makes me sleep better at night.

swollen ankle coz of water retention? can try prenatal massage. find that it helps reduce body aches & water retention on my legs.

I'm feeling very heavy & clumsy. breathless & sore in V area when walk too much/fast. can't wait for bb to come out too. but then bb come out lagi tiring, no sleep/rest. dilemma. sigh.
The ankle is more of painful than swollen.. feels like a sprain but i didnt sprain. Its painful to the touch... so i dare not do anything to it...
The breathelesness not heartburn.. i just cant breathe .. think its the baby size affecting. I use pillow oso no use. Even when sitting up right i do feel the breathelessnsss at timrs.. just that its very muxh worse at night once i lie down...
These 2 major problem... other thing like pelvis pain, heartburn vomitting i can still tahan...

Hey girl pls take it easy - try to take a break whenever you've walked or stood for half an hour. My prenantal class teacher Wong Boi Boi kept emphasizing not to overstrain - she mentioned got a lot of preterm births during Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve as the mummies kept shopping and forgot to take breaks :p.

I did and end of day..backache!

Gynae says BB head down but not engaged yet. Me at 33 weeks last Friday. She is seeing me at my 35 week and doing vaginal swab to test for bacteria if next check up still heads down and in case I go into Natura birth. BB will still change position?

Gynae says BB head down but not engaged yet. Me at 33 weeks last Friday. She is seeing me at my 35 week and doing vaginal swab to test for bacteria if next check up still heads down and in case I go into Natura birth. BB will still change position?
My gynae told me at 30 weeks that there's still chances baby will change position no matter how late.. But chances are very low because they have lesser space to turn.

Don't think about it. Just concentrate on your current precious.
The reason why I asked cos my ex colleague gave birth when she was 5mths. She has resigned but I was more concern for her bb.

Don't think about it. Just concentrate on your current precious.
The reason why I asked cos my ex colleague gave birth when she was 5mths. She has resigned but I was more concern for her bb.

It's hard.. I just couldn't wait for 3rd tri to be here.. Or the BIG DAY!! If only can fast forward the waiting time.. Haha..

I did and end of day..backache!

Rest is really impt during pregnancy. My right wrist is in pain for more than a weak already coz I hold my iPad mini in the reading position too long. Sound exaggerated but it's e truth. Now I go office but I can't type or write much coz my wrist hurts. My right hand dun even have strength to twist open a bottle cap. I do everything using my left hand now so that my right hand can rest more and regain the strength.

The ankle is more of painful than swollen.. feels like a sprain but i didnt sprain. Its painful to the touch... so i dare not do anything to it...
The breathelesness not heartburn.. i just cant breathe .. think its the baby size affecting. I use pillow oso no use. Even when sitting up right i do feel the breathelessnsss at timrs.. just that its very muxh worse at night once i lie down...
These 2 major problem... other thing like pelvis pain, heartburn vomitting i can still tahan...

sounds very bad. did u highlight to ur gynae? better let ur gynae know & monitor.

Last edited:

not likely. shld be too snug for bb to do a full 180deg turn liao.

Rest is really impt during pregnancy. My right wrist is in pain for more than a weak already coz I hold my iPad mini in the reading position too long. Sound exaggerated but it's e truth. Now I go office but I can't type or write much coz my wrist hurts. My right hand dun even have strength to twist open a bottle cap. I do everything using my left hand now so that my right hand can rest more and regain the strength.

Wear wrist guard..

I thought I was paranoid but I think my body is correct. Been having throat irritation and slight cough today. Suspected haze coming.
Just exit my air con rm n smell burnt odour. I m living in ne region.

I thought I was paranoid but I think my body is correct. Been having throat irritation and slight cough today. Suspected haze coming.
Just exit my air con rm n smell burnt odour. I m living in ne region.

Yes I smelled haze oso yesterday evening. Thankfully today heavy rain. Actually whole month of June got rain so not so bad.

i'm also intending to get Manduca carrier, and this spree price is really attractive!
but one of the mummies just posted a link on fb grp that there are fakes lurking around:

http://singaporemotherhood.com/foru...arrier-149-from-baby-expo.91651/#post-7176798

hmm... im oso quite concerned about the authenticity of the ones being sold in the spree?
Yeah I saw that post before also abit worried! Bt I thk the one at the SuperMom at aug should be an authorised dealer.. Let me go and ask them...
I did email the spreer, she only said some models have international warranty and she bot directly from Manduca and so far no complaints from her buyer though she said she do not want to vouch for authenticity:(

hmm... im oso quite concerned about the authenticity of the ones being sold in the spree?
Yeah I saw that post before also abit worried! Bt I thk the one at the SuperMom at aug should be an authorised dealer.. Let me go and ask them...
I did email the spreer, she only said some models have international warranty and she bot directly from Manduca and so far no complaints from her buyer though she said she do not want to vouch for authenticity:(

JTS, my manduca bought from babyslingsandcarrier (authorized distributor) looks & has features like the real pics posted. I got paranoid after reading the post & went to check my carrier. hahah.

huh y like that one..... cheer up ba. mabbe it's a good thing that ur gynae not bothered coz means nothing serious, not due to any medical condition etc.
But i buay tahan the issues...
Gynae ask me go chk GP on breathing why so hard lol... n the leg pain part she totally ignore my qn

You tried sleeping on left side? Not sure if this would help.
Left dun work for me, for some reasons if i slp left my lungs feels much squashed.. i guessed cuz bb leg on the leg side upwards so oush against my lungs. Right side best for me but it doesnt help either. Whn it gets extremely bad i just sit up & its an INSTANT relief lololol

N recently my horsey is SOOOOOO active & strong that every moment he makes me uncomfoortable... no more gentle horse... its a wild horse now

Left dun work for me, for some reasons if i slp left my lungs feels much squashed.. i guessed cuz bb leg on the leg side upwards so oush against my lungs. Right side best for me but it doesnt help either. Whn it gets extremely bad i just sit up & its an INSTANT relief lololol

Im also having hard time to find the sleeping position now..

How abt lifting up your pillow? Can't get enough sleep/rest is a real torture.

N recently my horsey is SOOOOOO active & strong that every moment he makes me uncomfoortable... no more gentle horse... its a wild horse now
Same here. .. And my baby has this consistent burping which is so disturbing when I'm trying to sleep. But my hubby say baby burping is good, he is practicing breathing.

Back