(2014/11) Nov 2014 Mummies

Lucky u pooopi...im still waiting for my turn :( d appt patients r behind time so they push back all walk-in patients....waiting for so long.....n wif a full bladder too T.T

Wah.. I already piss for waiting so long with appt Liao lo..

I reach at 920 then only 945 register. I was told my turn should be 1015 so I went down and do the FBI card then come up nurse take bp weight say should be my turn soon. I waited for another half an hour lo. Bought delifance but nv eat cuz nurse say very fast. Wait until I angry cuz hungry. Went over and ask why so long? My appt is 930. Then the lady say oh u need to rescan right? I was like wtf?? I haven even scan yet lo!! Then the lady okok.. U r next... Wah..

Luck baby corporate. Scan about 10mins done Liao.. I did Oscar and pre eclampsia. Cuz my bp slightly high since preg.

3hrs for the whole thing. That's y I don't like to come sat... So packed... Wait so long still have to pay surcharge.. Faint..

And there are many ladies who's appt is at 11pm kind come at 930am lo.. Wah Lao...

Hehe.. At Gyane clinic Gyane did a scan and say baby is doing good.. Measure at 6.5cm, 12w6d.. On track.. And I saw baby bouncing!!! Really bounce!! So amazing.. Haha.. Gyane say baby very active.. Haha..

Last edited:

Wow active the thread.

Ladies waiting for oscar all the best and have fun. I can't wait. Abt 10 more days to my turn for oscar. But very scared at the same time.

Last night my hubby told me we are so attached to beanie already. If we have another mishap which will be our 5/6 miscarriage. He says don't want to try already. His heart will be very broken. Hear Liao I so heart pain.

Things will be fine..

Our Edd is around nov. Oct where got energy to buy?

Haha.. See how lo.. Some pple will have de... Tho I'm not sure if I'm 1 of them..

For me I pandang lo.. Each time I start buying things for bb things start to happen and miscarry.. So I told myself, nothing until very safe week which is like 34/35weeks.. If I can't den I get my sis and bro and hub go buy.. They will go buy de.. Haha.. Cuz most likely I'll have to be bed ridden from 2nd tri onwards..

Renmeen, I dun think need full bladder. u dun
Lucky u pooopi...im still waiting for my turn :( d appt patients r behind time so they push back all walk-in patients....waiting for so long.....n wif a full bladder too T.T

Renmeen, u still waiting?! oh man! datz like how many hrs already? if u need to empty bladder, better dun hold it. not good

Haha.. See how lo.. Some pple will have de... Tho I'm not sure if I'm 1 of them..

For me I pandang lo.. Each time I start buying things for bb things start to happen and miscarry.. So I told myself, nothing until very safe week which is like 34/35weeks.. If I can't den I get my sis and bro and hub go buy.. They will go buy de.. Haha.. Cuz most likely I'll have to be bed ridden from 2nd tri onwards..
This is ur first or 2nd baby?
We will all be fine. Ya can ask ur bro and hub to buy. Lol. :)

yeah.. me jus like poopi, super pantang esp when it comes to baby stuffs. If really too late to buy, then baby will sleep on tilam for time being... hahahaha! a healthy baby more impt than a fancy baby cot.

yeah.. me jus like poopi, super pantang esp when it comes to baby stuffs. If really too late to buy, then baby will sleep on tilam for time being... hahahaha! a healthy baby more impt than a fancy baby cot.

Ya.. Haha... If really can't den when bb come it den go shop lo.. Even better.. Shop with bb

I didn't started shopping till late 2nd trimester and still actively shopping in 3rd trimester.

For things like sterilizer/pump which I bought earlier cos of promotion, I put a red packet inside with it.

Nope... Oscar also have de... I mean Oscar also have photos of baby de.. If I rmb correctly it's head abdominal nasal bone femur length...

Anyway, getting ready and go down for scan le...

Oooh..can't remember le..

Hi all mummies , I m new here ..Edd on 26 nov with my #1.

Anyone seeing gynae from SGH ? Do they recommend u to take up packages ? Previously the nurse told me ala carte and packages add up to about the same price .. I din ask abt the pkg then .

hello! Welcome to the club!

Wow active the thread.

Ladies waiting for oscar all the best and have fun. I can't wait. Abt 10 more days to my turn for oscar. But very scared at the same time.

Last night my hubby told me we are so attached to beanie already. If we have another mishap which will be our 5/6 miscarriage. He says don't want to try already. His heart will be very broken. Hear Liao I so heart pain.

Haiyoh,everything will be fine de.. hugs

Renmeen, I dun think need full bladder. u dun

Renmeen, u still waiting?! oh man! datz like how many hrs already? if u need to empty bladder, better dun hold it. not good
The nurse will ask you to go in with full bladder if possible.. but also not good to hold for too long..

Wow active the thread.

ur hubs really phobia huh... dun think about all these bad things. As u say, live 1 day as it come... somemore u goin for weekly gynae check at nuh right? dun worry baby will be monitored closely and protected by ur gynae n his/her papa n mama's love.

Fighting Hopeful and all happy mummies here!!!!! we will get to see each other's newborn pics on nov!!

hmm. is tat too fast to see gynae?

ya too fast I wasn't due to see her until 15 May but I have paranoia due to having no symptoms like morning sickness and this is my #1, I am very worried about the baby everyday and always have negative thoughts.

on top of that, I have very little prenatal care cos I wasn't expecting this baby.. and now it is still a secret as in I haven't told ppl. 9 weeks too early to announce lah

so must spend money go for scans lor....

but alas! I now also read too many ultrasounds no good.... haiz....

I seeing Gynae twice monthly. Not weekly. Touch wood unless something happen like spotting again or bleeding then she will see me weekly. So far twice monthly. I also can't wait for my oscars.

Counting down Liao to 12 may. But after that dr nvr tell me when to see her again for oscars results leh. Hmm and during oscar also won't see her. Very confused. Only know she already booked my detailed scan in late July.

No spotting but I feel super tired plus headache today....
Not sure if is only me or weather, no energy too.

Wah hope I will get a slot to go for oscar scan at tmc.
But I heard my gynae also hve oscar scan at nv dam medical clinic.
But I need to apply subsequent born card so think still need to go tmc better.

By the way my first boy I opt for cordlife, any idea second one still need ma?

Hmm.. About cordlife.. Initially I also wanna store up.. But I read an article, saying if u r storing the cord blood from the child's own use then it's useless.

Meaning to say, if u r storing #1 cord blood just in case #1 can use and if touchwood he really need to use, doesn't it makes sense that the stem cells store inside the #1 cord blood also got genetic problem? Like if #1 needs stem cells to treat leukemia, so #1 own core blood de stem cells also got problem Liao. Not suitable for his/her own use.

Unless, u store #1 cord blood and #2 needs to use it. Then different story. Cord blood from #1 is good to use if #1 is healthy.

In short if u only plan to have 1 child there's no use to store the cord blood. Cause if he or she really needs to use the stem cells for treatment then most likely the stem cells from the cord blood also gt problem de Liao.

We will most probably donate out. Of cuz touch wood if my child needs to use core blood for treatment, he or she cannot use back his or her one but in either way most likely he or she also cannot use back his or her own cord blood lo but he or she can use those from the public storage to search for the compatible one.

I heard if I nv donate u can't use the public storage of cord blood if u need it. Not sure tho. Need to double check it.

Hi all... I just went for my OSCAR scan ystd.. I think I was lucky as I was transfer over to novena medical centre to do my scan and it's very very fast! As they only accept appointments only...it was flooded with ppl! TMC was full..

I spend about 45mins waiting my registration n end up TMC full house so they ask if I wan to go over to novena medical.. They left with last slot...

I dunno if the price is different.the amount I pay is close to $500 for two scans.. I will be doing my 20 weeks scan in June...

It's nice to spend quality time in the ultra sound room especially when bb not on the right position... Haha!

I am 12 weeks 3 days and bb measures 6.8cm with heart rate of 159bpm.. And the neck thickness measured was 2.4mm.. I didn't get anything back but I can see a lot of photos saved...

The nurse only said heartbeat strong and good... Active bb.. Cos bb was moving a lot just before the scan end.. Bb was waving at the start of the scan.. :) I wonder the remarks made by the nurse.. Does tat mean good news? I'm 25 this yr although my risk is consider low but my gynae say better be safe... I will only see my gynae on the 17th.. My gynae say he will only call me if there is problem if I receive no call till the date of appt. that means everything is good.. Usually how long does it take for the blood rest n scan result to be out? I feel like calling my gynae clinic next week to check on it leh..

For past pregs, I managed to go shopping even in 3rd tri till delivery. So can shop from 34 weeks onwards 1.....

Hi all... I just went for my OSCAR scan ystd.. I think I was lucky as I was transfer over to novena medical centre to do my scan and it's very very fast! As they only accept appointments only...it was flooded with ppl! TMC was full..

I spend about 45mins waiting my registration n end up TMC full house so they ask if I wan to go over to novena medical.. They left with last slot...

I dunno if the price is different.the amount I pay is close to $500 for two scans.. I will be doing my 20 weeks scan in June...

It's nice to spend quality time in the ultra sound room especially when bb not on the right position... Haha!

I am 12 weeks 3 days and bb measures 6.8cm with heart rate of 159bpm.. And the neck thickness measured was 2.4mm.. I didn't get anything back but I can see a lot of photos saved...

The nurse only said heartbeat strong and good... Active bb.. Cos bb was moving a lot just before the scan end.. Bb was waving at the start of the scan.. :) I wonder the remarks made by the nurse.. Does tat mean good news? I'm 25 this yr although my risk is consider low but my gynae say better be safe... I will only see my gynae on the 17th.. My gynae say he will only call me if there is problem if I receive no call till the date of appt. that means everything is good.. Usually how long does it take for the blood rest n scan result to be out? I feel like calling my gynae clinic next week to check on it leh..

Wow, Christine im a whopping 10years older than you. Haha.

I paid $491 minus 5% with FBI card and before gst.

Wah.. Ur baby big leh.. Mine measure 6.5cm and state 12w6d. The 12w3d is based on the scan or u calculate yourself? I think based on the size of ur baby u will be more further along. Cuz my Gyane machine is like measure bb how big then below got show the G.W based on the size of bb and edd. Mine tdy is 9/11.

The neck thickness for my baby is 1.7mm which the sonographer said it was good as it is within the normal range. And we are able to see baby nasal bone. Bb heart rate at 164bpm.

U will get back the result in papers with printed photos on the next visit to the Gyane.

I paid

I did oscar at my.own gyne clinic very fast waiting time ard 10mins only. I heard alot of ppl.said crowded at TMC & NUH

Omg I have been craving for fried food. And eating a lot. I know it's not good but just eating a lot!!! Then just now need to drink tomato juice. Immediately went to buy. Hahaha

Cravings for mangoes too! I wonder if my body is telling me I need these vitamins in my body.

Omg I have been craving for fried food. And eating a lot. I know it's not good but just eating a lot!!! Then just now need to drink tomato juice. Immediately went to buy. Hahaha

Cravings for mangoes too! I wonder if my body is telling me I need these vitamins in my body.
Heehees. . I also immediately buy strawberry shortcake to satisfy my want. LOL

I did mine on week 12, so I guess mine is just small lor >. <

So longer it's within the normal range I thk ok.. If mummy petite u can't expect the mummy to be expecting a 4.5kg baby ma.. Haha.. So the portion is proportionate de...

So longer it's within the normal range I thk ok.. If mummy petite u can't expect the mummy to be expecting a 4.5kg baby ma.. Haha.. So the portion is proportionate de...
That's true. Hmm I'm rather petite. Lol so I better don't hope for too be a baby during my oscar scan.

Mine is 29th may! Gynae told me may be able to see gender if hb were to cooperate.. I'll be 16weeks by then

Can see at 13weeks le.. But Gyane just keep quiet de.. Some Gyane will kpo see la.. Can see see if not den about 15 weeks also can see le.. If bb corporates la...

U not going for ur Oscar?

Just hope that it is not becos I have not been eating much meat since preg, hence smaller bb :/

It was calculated on the ultra sound leh.. Wah 1.7mm is good! What I read online is anything below 2.5mm is consider normal... But my measurement was at the brim.. So abit scary..

My EDD is 11-11-14 leh... Initially my gynae scan at week 6, my EDD was said to be 8th nov.. Then week 7 scan again EDD was said to be 13th nov... Then I week 9 go scan again my EDD goes to 11th nov.. Then after that all my scan all show 11th Nov le leh...

My bb CRL had been at the maximum each time I go scan.. Always above the average length.. So I was worried if being too big Is a problem to worry too??

My gynae say my EDD range from 8th nov to 13th nov.. Lol.. So he say see which day bb wan to come out. Lol..

Haha.. My edd range from 9 nov to 15 nov.. Lol.. But I think it's too early to fix the edd. Cuz it will be more accurate at the later stage..

If baby big den maybe will come out earlier..

Just the neck measurement not enough de.. Still need to combine the blood test.. So long it's within 2.5mm jiu ok le...

Ya.. Just hoping my blood rest result will turn out ok.. Praying hard my doc don't call me.. Smoothly pass this 2 weeks n just see him on the 17th :)

Hi all mommies. Sorry for updating so late, I was super tired returning frm tmc n was in bed all day long. Christin3k we r abt d same age, I'm 26 dis yr. My edd is 14-11-14.

Yes, I finally did my Oscar after waiting so long. D problem today was that there too many walk-ins in d morning n they couldn't finish d scan in one go...so everyone's file was pushed back until very late. Well my turn finally came at 1.30pm. I still held my bladder till den bcos I wanted to make sure I can finish d scan in one go. In d end d sonographer said tat my bladder was pushing against d womb so end up d baby not in favourable positions. She wanted me to clear bladder but b4 tat tried to scan from my sides, near ribs...in tat position d baby was perfect n took all d measurements. D baby still had room for movement so was moving its hands n legs. Juz couldn't turn over much due to my bladder - in a sense it was a gd thing as my scan finished early.

Anyways baby is in gd health with hb rate at 159. My beanie measured at 5cm only at 12wk but I don't worry much as d baby born in my side family are all small so I guess it is somewhat genetic?
But mom small doesn't mean baby will b small either. My mil is very petite, n she carried a 4kg baby for her first delivery. Even now she looks like teenager tats how small she is. U will have difficulty during vbirth but medical has advanced so much so most probably d doc will opt for csect for such cases.

Anyways im happy with seeing beanie today. All d best for other mommies who will b doing their Oscars in later days. Don't worry much abt d results n enjoy d moment :D

Hi all mommies. Sorry for updating so late, I was super tired returning frm tmc n was in bed all day long. Christin3k we r abt d same age, I'm 26 dis yr. My edd is 14-11-14.

Yes, I finally did my Oscar after waiting so long. D problem today was that there too many walk-ins in d morning n they couldn't finish d scan in one go...so everyone's file was pushed back until very late. Well my turn finally came at 1.30pm. I still held my bladder till den bcos I wanted to make sure I can finish d scan in one go. In d end d sonographer said tat my bladder was pushing against d womb so end up d baby not in favourable positions. She wanted me to clear bladder but b4 tat tried to scan from my sides, near ribs...in tat position d baby was perfect n took all d measurements. D baby still had room for movement so was moving its hands n legs. Juz couldn't turn over much due to my bladder - in a sense it was a gd thing as my scan finished early.

Anyways baby is in gd health with hb rate at 159. My beanie measured at 5cm only at 12wk but I don't worry much as d baby born in my side family are all small so I guess it is somewhat genetic?
But mom small doesn't mean baby will b small either. My mil is very petite, n she carried a 4kg baby for her first delivery. Even now she looks like teenager tats how small she is. U will have difficulty during vbirth but medical has advanced so much so most probably d doc will opt for csect for such cases.

Anyways im happy with seeing beanie today. All d best for other mommies who will b doing their Oscars in later days. Don't worry much abt d results n enjoy d moment :D
Lol silly gal. Nothing to be sorry abt updating late. Happy for u that all went well!! Omg u can tolerate for so long. I can't. Avg I go to toilet hourly or max 2 hours once. Maybe I drink a lot of water.

That's good news. Happy for u :) importantly u both u and beanie are doing well. Yeah great news!

my gynae told me during my week 9 visit that the edd is sorta ''fixed'' already. Of coz give or take a week frm the given edd date.

so mostly for first timer, will it be late or early frm the edd date? any comments frm mummies who are having their no 2 or more?

Renmeen wow! ur bladder power very strong! can tahan so long! Respect!

used to have good strong bladder control before preggy, Now, like once full, must go liao... esp those nites pee... sigh..

I mean there such cases where petite mom will give birth to big baby la.. But chances are not high, it's rare...

Ya quite scary for a small mum to have a big baby. My friend is bag size. The Gynae measures the baby weight wrongly. She gave birth to a 4.xxkg baby. So dangerous actually when it's so huge. And she damn good delivered via vaginal. Not sure with or without epi.

Ya the Gynae apologise after that. Cox it could have caused her life leh. He says if I know so big I will cut the risk and ask u to go for c-sect. I m not very close to her. It's hubby's guys friend wife. Didn't ask her f she went back to that Gynae for her 2nd. The boy is huge. He is bigger than most of his peers. The typical biggest and tallest in class.

I am watching The Eye with my mom now, and surfing all at the same time... :p

not supposed to watch ghost show during preggy right.. oops

I am watching The Eye with my mom now, and surfing all at the same time... :p

not supposed to watch ghost show during preggy right.. oops
Hmm I don't know abt that myth. But I will definitely not catch it even when I was not pregnant. I quit horror movies since sadako. Lol. It left such a deep impression on me that I gave up any ghost stories totally. Unless the romantic kind lol.

Back