1. We've compiled a list of frequently asked questions and their answers at http://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/threads/faq-on-using-the-new-forum.21478/
    Dismiss Notice

Zhu Sheng Niang Niang (注生娘娘)

Discussion in 'Motherhood, Pregnancies And Babies' started by faithmummy1706, Oct 14, 2012.

1. esiotrot84

esiotrot84 New Member

@toblerone
    你好。Google注生娘娘come across this forum thread. Thanks for sharing all the knowledge. I would like to consult you on some items:
    1. I had an abortion almost 10 years ago while my hubs is also involved with another previously. I dont rem the exact dates but I went to a 师傅 in toa payoh and 还业障 by burning a multi-layered lotus paper flower folded from joss paper. Will it helped? Somehow I feel I've not done enough.
    2. I am trying to eat vegetarian to atone for my mistakes as well as my husband's but it has been tough because as much as he hears my concern, my husband believes that I need red meat to build my lining which is important for implantation. My lining was thin and it's a doctor's recommendation. I'm trying to eat vegetarian at least on the days I can e.g when I lunch with friends etc. I rem you also mention that cannot eat until family unhappy because also no use. So I'm practicing what is within my means.
    3. We have tried conceiving for 5 years, failed 3 ivfs and several iuis. We did our 4th ivf, due for ET in 6 weeks. Should we proceed before the 超度?Can we still do 超度 if I am luckily successful ?
    4. 超度 is ok as long as during 7th mth right? I really can't rem when I did the op but I would like to right things, make amends and even make sure things are ok for my future bb, if I'm lucky to even blessed with one. What do i need to bring?
    5. 抄药师琉璃光如来本愿功德经can use 作文本and black ballpoint pen? How to 抄properly? Just start with the title and finish the entire passage? Other than keep buddha in thoughts, wash hands and bath, if 吃荤, can 念《净口业真言》? How many times? After finish writing the script, need to say anything to end off the process? I want to do it right.
    6. I'm trying to recite 心经and 大悲咒as recommended. Would like to cfm that I need to again either eat vegetarian b4 the recitation, or 念《净口业真言》, then read the 开经偈 x 1, title of 心经 x 1, script of 心经×7, title of 大悲咒 x 1, script of 大悲咒 x 7, then read 回向, then 《补阙真言》x 3? I don't have a buddha nor guan yin altar at home.
    8. Is it futile to pray to 注生娘娘still, considering I've so many "outstanding" stuff... we wanted to go to the toa payoh temple to pray but after reading so much, we wonder if its better to do all those above first.
    9. My parents don't run business. My father in law sells vegetables. Both our parents pray to guan yin and has an altar in their homes. They are not vegetarians though.
    Thanks for your help.
    P.S. If 老师is busy, also appreciate whoever that has received similar advice from 老师to advise. Thank you very much.

2. Jazz123

Jazz123 Member

Hi All,

Chanced upon ZSNN while ggoogling. Anyone returning eggs this friday? Will there be anyone where I can ask for help on how to pray to ZSNN?Is it a must to buy cologne or do they sell any praying set outside the temple?

3. WindnBreeze

WindnBreeze New Member

Hi Jazz123,

if you are living in the north side, i can recommend u a temple to go to. there is a guan yin temple in sembawang , next to cai shen ye (god of fortune) temple.

with regards to what items to buy, you will need to first consult the temple shifu / deities, from there, u will be "accessed" based on your(u and hubby) situation..

if u r required to buy any items to pray to zhu sheng niang niang, u will be told specifically on what items u need to buy. based on what i know, some couples need to buy more things, some lesser.. seems to me its pretty much "customised" here..

if u need more details, u can drop me a PM and i will be more than happy to share :)

4. tinkyberz

tinkyberz Member

I just went to Seng Wong Beo Temple 城隍庙 at Tanjong Pagar with the suggested red & white flowers, Butterfly Florida Water Cologne, Sam Fong Hoi Tong Powder and Red Thread. But the person at the temple mentioned wrong liao :confused: Asked me to buy 2 packs of mixed chrysanthemum and 5 oranges. Thus, have to go the nearby market and get.

Nonetheless, we have to pray to their main deities first with their joss stick pack (S$6). After that the person help me with the prayers with a big platter of joss papers ($43), after he help me with the request for babies and throw the twin
    crescent and got the “sacred combination”(聖杯). After he mentioned something and asked me to throw again, another “sacred combination”(聖杯). Apologies for not hearing what he say cause in my heart i just pray for BFP and smooth pregnancy for both mother and child. the whole prayer/ritual ends with me burning the platter of joss papers. Of cuz the person also request for a red packet. He passed me back 3 oranges and a pack of mixed chrysanthemum (for my wifey to flower bath).

Hope it helps those who wish to head down to Seng Wong Beo Temple

5. miraclebabylove

miraclebabylove New Member

Hi all

We will be returning 500 red eggs to Zhu Sheng Niang Niang at Shuang Lin Cheng Huang Temple Toa Payoh on this coming Friday, 15 June 2018 at around 2pm.

We are blessed with healthy twins and would like to spread the baby dust to all couples trying to conceive.

Thank you!

6. miraclebabylove

Hi all

We will be returning 500 red eggs to Zhu Sheng Niang Niang at Shuang Lin Cheng Huang Temple Toa Payoh on this coming Friday, 15 June 2018 at around 2pm.

We are blessed with healthy twins and would like to spread the baby dust to all couples trying to conceive.

Thank you!

7. tinkyberz

tinkyberz Member

Congrats on your twins.

Was wishing for a twin piglet, best if dragon phoenix twin. Haha greedy wish. Most importantly is we get a BFP first, then smooth pregnancy and healthy mother child.

8. Jazz123

Jazz123 Member

Hi
    For the flowers.. can i buy from outside the temple? or do I need to go to a market to get?..

9. tinkyberz

tinkyberz Member

If you were asking about the Seng Wong Beo Temple 城隍庙 at Tanjong Pagar, I bought the flowers at the wet market nearby

10. bohgie

bohgie New Member

yr flowers must be fresh. Market will be better cause u can chose.

11. miraclebabylove

Yes I bought from market too. I’m fine with either boy or girl so I get 6 white roses and 6 red roses.

12. Jazz123

Jazz123 Member

Thanks all! I will go to toa payoh temple tomorrow after 2pm.. btw... sorry to ask again.. need to go with hubby? Coz my hubby not able to make it tomorrow.. hopefully got red eggs and i can just bring home for him to eat together..

13. Jazz123

Jazz123 Member

Sad.. had my menses this morning... don't think can pray to zsnn this week.. :(

hopefully got red eggs next weekend..

14. Jazz123

Jazz123 Member

hi.. anyone returning eggs tomorrow?

15. ssemaj

ssemaj New Member

Sorry this came last minute...but we have just returned 100 red eggs to Zhu Sheng Niang Niang at Seng Wong Beo temple (tanjong pagar) on 14 July. Hope others get some baby dust too!

16. Jazz123

Jazz123 Member

Thanks for updating but wasnt in town this weekend.. thanks!

17. Babydust2410

Babydust2410 New Member

Hai may i ask you where do you buy the cologne and powder?

18. Rine_YM

Rine_YM Member

Try those shops that sell burning incense de

19. Babydust2410

Babydust2410 New Member

Thankyou

20. Babydust2410

Babydust2410 New Member

Anyone returning egg next week?

21. Jazz123

Jazz123 Member

I went to pray this morning but am very confused with the process... hopefully i prayed correctly... now kinda worried :(

22. Teeteetham

Teeteetham New Member

Hi yesterday i went to shung lin temple to pray the ZSNN, she is holding a baby in her hand. but your photo inside your post is holding a pen and a book. May i know is it the same ?

23. Teeteetham

Teeteetham New Member

Hi
    Yesterday i went to Shang Lin temple to pray ZSNN. i saw altar there left 1 egg...and the temple auntie asked me to take 1st... then after i wait 20 mins there , i saw got people return few tray of eggs..so i took 2 eggs again...in the end i ate 2 eggs and my husband ate 1 egg. If eat 3 eggs , the procedure is it wrong?

24. Sparkle_

Sparkle_ New Member

Hi

Anyone knows if my husband can return the red eggs by himself while i wait outside the temple with my baby? Or it's a must that we do it together?

25. Sharmin661

Sharmin661 Member

Hi babydust2410 & all,

I'll be returning 100 red eggs tmr before 11am tmr at Toa payoh shuang lin cheng huang temple! Baby dust to all!! I prayed to zhu sheng niang niang for a few times before I conceived my little healthy girl!! :oops:

26. simplylaugh

simplylaugh New Member

Thanks 4 the eggs.hope i can get a good new soon:)

27. hellobaby88

hellobaby88 New Member

Hi all

I have given birth to a pair of identical twins boys under Zhu Sheng niang niang blessings and would be returning 100eggs to Chong Ghee temple at 80 rivervale crescent tomorrow at noon time Ard 1-2pm. Hope to bless those people trying to conceive.

Baby dust to all. Good luck

28. hellobaby88

hellobaby88 New Member

Hi all

I have given birth to a pair of identical twins boys under Zhu Sheng niang niang blessings and would be returning 100eggs to Chong Ghee temple at 80 rivervale crescent tomorrow at noon time Ard 1-2pm. Hope to bless those people trying to conceive.

Baby dust to all. Good luck

Daledale likes this.
  29. Phantom

Phantom Active Member

Hello all, sorry for last min.

Will be returning 100egg to zsnn at tpy after 12pm.

Sprinkle to all

30. WindnBreeze

WindnBreeze New Member

i know of a female deity holding a baby in her hand - sounds like "song zhi guan yin"

towkayneo likes this.
  31. Sonique2001

Sonique2001 Well-Known Member

Hi All,

I will be returning 100 red eggs this coming Wednesday 22 Aug (by 3pm latest) to ZSNN at Lorong Koo Chye Sheng Hong Temple - 15 Arumugan Road ( next to Macpherson train station). Hoping to spread baby dust to all of you here.

By the way, can anyone advise me how do we pray to ZSNN when sending the eggs?

32. towkayneo

towkayneo Well-Known Member

Hi Sista, you can get a packet of joss paper (costs 3 bucks), some flowers, butterfly perfume and the face powder with your red eggs, place it at her altar and with the lit joss sticks, you can thank her for blessing you a smooth delivery and healthy baby. Remember to report your Chinese name as well as your hubby's and your newborn baby :)

Sonique2001 likes this.
  33. Sonique2001

Sonique2001 Well-Known Member

Ok sista!

towkayneo likes this.
  34. tinkyberz

tinkyberz Member

Usually how long after praying 注生娘娘 will have news? After getting 胜杯 in June 18, so far still no BFP, all false alarm

35. towkayneo

Sorry, this is a million dollar Q that all ladies hoping for a kid would like to know too.

It really depends on:

• Karma - your hubby's and yours. Are you doing enough good deeds/past lives etc.
    • Are you doing things right while trying to be pregnant? As in diet and lifestyle
    • Is everything ok with your womb and your hubby's sperm? This, has to be verified by doctors

36. tinkyberz

tinkyberz Member

That is quite true. Karma is one thing no one can verify, maybe just let nature takes it course.

37. towkayneo

good luck! at least you got the "sheng bei" - maybe needs some time.

38. tinkyberz

tinkyberz Member

Ya, but my wifey quite stress about it. cause it is like my sis gotten pregnant before her. She quite upset, as we gotten many false alarms. trying to console and calm her down

39. towkayneo

Ya la, can understand, but such things are, the more you kan chiong, the more stressed you are, the chances are lower. Have you seen a doc?

40. tinkyberz

tinkyberz Member

We have yet to see the doc, she doesn't wanna until we really have no choice. Ya i no wanna stress her up too much, but unable to manage all toxic factors around her (work, MIL, etc). My mum is always hinting left and right regardless how much i try to tone it down.

41. selsel

selsel New Member

Hi everyone! We will be returning red eggs to Shuang Lin temple at Toa Payoh this sunday! Hope to spread baby dust to all! :)

42. Ieuieu

Ieuieu New Member

We will be returning 80 red eggs this coming Saturday 15-Sep (by 11am) to Zhu Sheng Niang Niang at 玉皇殿@495 Havelock Road.

Hoping to spread baby dust to all here.

43. Jazz123

Jazz123 Member

Hi Selsel,

May i know what time you will be there?

44. Vong

Vong New Member

Went to Toa Payoh Shuang Lin Temple last Saturday,
    very lucky saw got few red egg thr,taken 2 to eat with hubby together,hopefully will get a blessing like others mumies and have a good news soon!

hopefaithome and towkayneo like this.
  45. selinek

selinek New Member

Hi all, we will be returning 50 eggs to Telok Blangah Ting Kong Beo and 50 eggs to Toa Payoh Shuang Lin Temple tomorrow, 18 Sept 2018 by 11am.

Hope to spread baby dust to all!

46. hopefaithome

hopefaithome New Member

I think you mean “18 SEP 2018”, @selinek? :)
    Thanks for your sweet gesture :)

47. hopefaithome

hopefaithome New Member

Me too! hehe! Many trays of red eggs on 15 Sep!
    Thanks for the *baby dust* from all the kind couples, thankful :)

Vong likes this.
  48. selinek

selinek New Member

Oh dear yesss i mean 18 SEP 2018 thanks for pointing out :)

49. BWW01

BWW01 New Member

hi Can I get some advice? I just gave birth to a baby girl in Sep and plan to give thanks to ZSNN. Other than red eggs, anything else I should bring?

50. Vong

Vong New Member

Hi All

Just want to ask,i has taken 2 red egg on last few week,

i saw few red egg again on 19/9 & many trays on 23/9 when I go with my husband - he 1st time go,previous he need to work so unable go with me(but I no take for this 2 times),

is it only take 1 time enough or every time when I go then I can take if I want?