Year 2016 IVF Mummy To-Be

Hello. Gxgx. My wife edd Aug . Counting down + super worried. U all did at tmc??
Based on my wife's case, they only lowered the dosage, hence she couldn't feel anything when pushing, but no issue nurse would help to tell you how and when to push.

She was induced at around 10.30pm, started pushing around 8.30am, gave birth around 9.30am.

Hello. Gxgx. My wife edd Aug . Counting down + super worried. U all did at tmc??

Yes, she was at TMC. And will be at TMC again end of year. Just get enough rest while you can now. During EDD you won't be able to sleep for at least 24hrs depending on how long you will need to wait/accompany your wife.

Yes, she was at TMC. And will be at TMC again end of year. Just get enough rest while you can now. During EDD you won't be able to sleep for at least 24hrs depending on how long you will need to wait/accompany your wife.
How many bedder? Also wat type insurance to get? I really no idea. Just to share, we did So iui

Alright. Me is first time. She wan 1 bedder. So I can sleep in. I heard ppl say 2 bedder like noisy when others come in etc. So I would like to find out more

Alright. Me is first time. She wan 1 bedder. So I can sleep in. I heard ppl say 2 bedder like noisy when others come in etc. So I would like to find out more

Depends on your luck. My wife's friend stayed in 2 bedder at MA, but she was alone that time. Yes, only 1 bedder can sleep in, but anyway, I don't believe they will kick you out if you sit beside your wife all the time. Sleep in got extra $70++ if I am not wrong, can't really remember.

I think u shd be able to push... It is only whether u have stamina to do so at the end... Just keep telling urself u can do it!
If u are worried abt tearing then let ur doctor do the episiotomy. I felt that it healed quite neatly (though it did take around 2 weeks for the discomfort to go away).

I hope so.
2 weeks is not too bad. It's discomfort and not pain is it?

Anybody from tmc knows how much you paid for deposit?

I paid $1100 a couple of mths back and that day when I went for observation, they told my hubby that we can do the administration for admission ie. Sign forms etc already since my edd is next week. Then we had to pay another $3500 deposit.

I'm not sure what the total bill will be but my Dr put estimated $7500 to $14500. I think $14500 is for e c-sect.

My mum also did what you mum intend to do....but I breastfeed she cannot help with tt...so my bb fussed and etc is I all the way...at night also...very very taxing on me..

Sorry to hear tt u get gallstones tt time...can feel ur pain...

Although I make up my mind to do fm...1/2 of me feel very very guilty tt I have to feed him tt...cos is not tt bb can't latch only suckle weak n jaundice....I was crying when my hubby feed him fm...I really do not know how to overcome tt feeling.....feeling super lousy .....sigh**

Don't be too hard on yourself. Bm or fm are both good for babies. Last time people also don't Breast feed and we all grow up well. I feel Bonding with baby is more important than being a cow pumping milk.

I am not sure why you prefer to be reimbursed with your own money. lol...
No, cos we already paid the scans, consultations in hard cash, of course it would be best if the govt gives us the S$900. But if it's not possible, wouldn't it be better to get hard cash back than to flow it back into Medisave..?

I paid $1100 a couple of mths back and that day when I went for observation, they told my hubby that we can do the administration for admission ie. Sign forms etc already since my edd is next week. Then we had to pay another $3500 deposit.

I'm not sure what the total bill will be but my Dr put estimated $7500 to $14500. I think $14500 is for e c-sect.

Hi spinsterella,

I m from tmc too.. i was told to pay $1000 deposit for doc delivery fee and $3500 when doing admission

No, cos we already paid the scans, consultations in hard cash, of course it would be best if the govt gives us the S$900. But if it's not possible, wouldn't it be better to get hard cash back than to flow it back into Medisave..?

First of all, the $900 will be taken from medisave account. So, either given to you as cash/not doesn't make any difference, since this money is yours to begin with.

Imagine paying for something with the money in your wallet, and someone gives you money from your bank savings account.

For this case, however, the money would never flow back to medisave, since the money will be used to offset your total medical/hospitalisation bills.

And again, it's our hard earned money, not gahmen, hence no such thing as "gahmen give us". That money is ours, not theirs.

Last edited:

Hi c section is so ex?! Who is your doc?

Thanks all mummy/mummy to be for the encouragement ...(esp thanks @hi_mei ,@milogal88 ,@Bunny33 n @piglet02 ) not to feel bad about not able to latch/bm feed n etc...

Just back from polyclinic n my spirits is lifted up cos LO jaundice level finally start to go down (by 20 points) after I started strictly fm feed for 1 day plus...

This make realised how selfish I have been the past few days tt I focus on wrong priority (which I insist on latching only for bm..no fm at all) t i can turn a blind eyes to his loud cried everytime his heel is been pricked for blood test....:(

Furthermore...my supply actually cannot meet his demand... (40ml bm compare to him drinking 60ml fm)....

I dun intend to offence any one by this post (I really advocate bm n badly wan to latch)...but I am glad I heed the advice u guys have given...will continue to do fm till his jaundice clear ....end of the day nothing is more impt then his health....

Last edited:
Thanks all mummy/mummy to be for the encouragement ...(esp thanks @hi_mei ,@milogal88 ,@Bunny33 n @piglet02 ) not to feel bad about not able to latch/bm feed n etc...

Just back from polyclinic n my spirits is lifted up cos LO jaundice level finally start to go down (by 20 points) after I started strictly fm feed for 1 day plus...

This make realised how selfish I have been the past few days tt I focus on wrong priority (which I insist on latching only for bm..no fm at all) t i can turn a blind eyes to his loud cried everytime his heel is been pricked for blood test....:(

Furthermore...my supply actually cannot meet his demand... (40ml bm compare to him drinking 60ml fm)....

I dun intend to offence any one by this post (I really advocate bm n badly wan to latch)...but I am glad I heed the advice u guys have given...will continue to do fm till his jaundice clear ....end of the day nothing is more impt then his health....
No problem. Still can give the expressed BM. At night. Or u stock up 1wk supply let him clear his jaundice first. Then give BM again.

Ok, so the Q is where does this $900 reimbursement go? To own medisave account?

Hello mummy, put in this way, hope it is easier for you to understand ok.

You spent or going to spend a lot of $$$ (Likely more then $10K in total) on medical bill to pop this baby. Correct. What the so call $900 thingy that you are referring to is that your govt decided to ALLOW you to use $900 from YOUR very own medisave account to pay a tiny portion of your total baby popping medical bill.

In another word, this is not a grant/subsidy/bonus/hong bao whatsoever. It is basically a permission to allow you to spend $900 of your own $$$ on yourself.

Cheers

hello, you can go to MOH website to see the estimate bill size for your preferred hospital and also the type of delivery method. it is quite update.

Good that bb jaundice go down. Enjoy bonding with baby ok.

Hi Tsum, don't worry about the milk supply. I was once before very upset that I couldn't catch up the supply. Only like 50-50. I think those hospital advertisement / lactation consultant for breastfeeding has made many new mothers very guilty for not giving enough milk. I was so stress and didn't really had good rest. I urge you to rest well and jus try your best. Don't need to feel bad.

U are doing ur best girl... Pls dun blame urself...
We are just one of the unfortunate ones who kena jaundice but ur boy is on the way to recovery.
As for bf just do what u can. Don't stress over it. I used to wonder is it my body something wrong , how come milk not enough. But realised it is actually very common for Asian women not to have enough supply at the beginning. But with time, the supply increases so don't worry too much abt that.

Hello mummy, put in this way, hope it is easier for you to understand ok.

You spent or going to spend a lot of $$$ (Likely more then $10K in total) on medical bill to pop this baby. Correct. What the so call $900 thingy that you are referring to is that your govt decided to ALLOW you to use $900 from YOUR very own medisave account to pay a tiny portion of your total baby popping medical bill.

In another word, this is not a grant/subsidy/bonus/hong bao whatsoever. It is basically a permission to allow you to spend $900 of your own $$$ on yourself.

Cheers
Thanks for the clarification !

Is it common for husband not to be present in labour ward? My hubby said need to take care #1 so like that I will be giving birth alone... :(

Is it common for husband not to be present in labour ward? My hubby said need to take care #1 so like that I will be giving birth alone... :(

Totally understand how u feel...my hubby is not around wen I did my e c-sec(hubby unable to rush back sin)...although e c-sec hubby cant go in...I would love him to be just outside d ops room at least ...wen Dr tan HH ask me who will be counting bb fingers, toes n etc ...I told him none of my close ones is around...in d end d nurse did those stuffs...

Perhaps u sit down n talk to ur hubby how u feel about him not being around when u giving birth....tell him u need his support n would appreciate him being there for tt special moment ....some arrangement can be done for someone to take care of ur #1 wen during tt periods?

Actually I faced the same prob as you. My hubs wants to accompany me during labour BUT I told him to stay at home or at the ward to take care of our son. I cannot give birth at ease if otherwise.

Totally understand how u feel...my hubby is not around wen I did my e c-sec(hubby unable to rush back sin)...although e c-sec hubby cant go in...I would love him to be just outside d ops room at least ...wen Dr tan HH ask me who will be counting bb fingers, toes n etc ...I told him none of my close ones is around...in d end d nurse did those stuffs...

Perhaps u sit down n talk to ur hubby how u feel about him not being around when u giving birth....tell him u need his support n would appreciate him being there for tt special moment ....some arrangement can be done for someone to take care of ur #1 wen during tt periods?
Actually I faced the same prob as you. My hubs wants to accompany me during labour BUT I told him to stay at home or at the ward to take care of our son. I cannot give birth at ease if otherwise.
Thanks for your advices... I need some time to think about it... :)

Dr Tan didn't say anything. After seeing the scan report, he only say everything ok. See u in 4wks time. Make me more gan chiong. In 4wks time meaning I going to delivery soon.

Dr Tan pretty chill de. .. usually when he find everything ok he will see next appt 3 - 4 weeks time...

Feel excited for u...Jia you ya!

Good to hear that things are looking up! Happy mummy happy baby milk supply will flow in nicely! Hehehe

Dr Tan didn't say anything. After seeing the scan report, he only say everything ok. See u in 4wks time. Make me more gan chiong. In 4wks time meaning I going to delivery soon.

If u're concern can request to see him every 2 weeks. Initially he wanted to see me in 3 weeks but I gave him my puppy eyes & asked for 2 weeks instead & he agreed. Haha...currently at 34+ weeks & seeing him weekly already maybe coz it's twins & I think he see that I won't be able to Tong for too long!

If u're concern can request to see him every 2 weeks. Initially he wanted to see me in 3 weeks but I gave him my puppy eyes & asked for 2 weeks instead & he agreed. Haha...currently at 34+ weeks & seeing him weekly already maybe coz it's twins & I think he see that I won't be able to Tong for too long!
Last 2visits interval 2wks. After my scan to check my water level n placenta, he change to 4wks.

Is it normal. I am abt 31wks. Baby 2.1kg n turn down already. Oooo dear. I anxious I haven't even prepare anything for my baby.
Don't worry, this is normal. Usually after 30 weeks, they should turn down and that's a good sign actually. At 31 weeks, u are only 8/9 weeks left and should maybe start planning and preparing your baby's stuff. All the best!

Back