Worrying things I did before I knew I was pregnant

kitesmile

Hi ~

Just found out the double line four days ago and confirmed with a positive blood test on 17th-May, estimate to be at week 6 and in search of a good gynae at the moment.

Burst of joy... but Im starting to get worried of the things I recall doing before I knew I was pregnant!

First day of LMP : 4-April
1. Took a Dental X-ray with lead apron on 10-April (although did the x-ray during period...still kinda worry if there is any radiation stayed in my body till conception)
2. Got a flu+headache and had Panadol extra on 9-May

Anyone has similar issue of doing things that worry you before you knew you were preggy?

Dont need to worry so much, just enjoy the pregnancy now since you found out. For me, i just eat whatever i want during my first pregnancy in the second and third trimester and baby came out fine and now he is a healthy coming to 2 year old boy and expecting number 2 due in september. Worrying to much may also affect the fetus, so just enjoy while you can.

Hello Dont worry too much cos even if you worry you cant unwind time. I only knew when i was 13weeks. Before that i had heavy drinking and smoking on some days. It all stopped, when i tested positive. Never thought i would fall pregnant. Gap from my older girl is 13 years!! Well there you go..we can only make our future better.

Hi ~

Just found out the double line four days ago and confirmed with a positive blood test on 17th-May, estimate to be at week 6 and in search of a good gynae at the moment.

Burst of joy... but Im starting to get worried of the things I recall doing before I knew I was pregnant!

First day of LMP : 4-April
1. Took a Dental X-ray with lead apron on 10-April (although did the x-ray during period...still kinda worry if there is any radiation stayed in my body till conception)
2. Got a flu+headache and had Panadol extra on 9-May

Anyone has similar issue of doing things that worry you before you knew you were preggy?

Don't worry so much!

1. Dental X rays are the lowest in terms of radiation as compared to other X rays (About the amount of radiation you would be exposed to in a 1-2hr flight). Plus they gave you a lead apron to minimise the radiation exposure to your reproductive organs. Given that people are still taking planes during pregnancy, and you did it during your period, everything should be good even if some radiation stayed in your body until conception.

2. Panadol extra contains Panadol+caffeine. Panadol is deemed safe for pregnancy, and given that some people like me are still drinking caffeine during pregnancy, it should be quite safe. But try to keep it to normal Panadol from now on.

I had a dozen raw oysters few days before I tested positive. During my first trimester, one of my cravings was laksa with see hum and I happily indulged in it twice or thrice a week till I developed an aversion to see hum then I only ate laksa without cockles. I was also feeding myself fast food, instant noodles, lots of junk food cos I cannot tolerate anything else throughout my first trimester. In my other pregnancies that ended in miscarriages, I was very careful, drinking maternity milk, eating healthily, follow whatever old wives tale I was told but still ended in miscarriages.

So don't worry so much, just do your best to feed yourself and baby healthily. :)

Don't worry so much!

1. Dental X rays are the lowest in terms of radiation as compared to other X rays (About the amount of radiation you would be exposed to in a 1-2hr flight). Plus they gave you a lead apron to minimise the radiation exposure to your reproductive organs. Given that people are still taking planes during pregnancy, and you did it during your period, everything should be good even if some radiation stayed in your body until conception.

2. Panadol extra contains Panadol+caffeine. Panadol is deemed safe for pregnancy, and given that some people like me are still drinking caffeine during pregnancy, it should be quite safe. But try to keep it to normal Panadol from now on.

I had a dozen raw oysters few days before I tested positive. During my first trimester, one of my cravings was laksa with see hum and I happily indulged in it twice or thrice a week till I developed an aversion to see hum then I only ate laksa without cockles. I was also feeding myself fast food, instant noodles, lots of junk food cos I cannot tolerate anything else throughout my first trimester. In my other pregnancies that ended in miscarriages, I was very careful, drinking maternity milk, eating healthily, follow whatever old wives tale I was told but still ended in miscarriages.

So don't worry so much, just do your best to feed yourself and baby healthily. :)

Agreed with mrs lim, just eat and do whatever you enjoy, everything will be fine. For me now in my 22 weeks, i just eat whatever i crave for and trust me the baby will be fine :)

Back