Urinary Incontinence

Hi mommies, did anyone experience urinary incontinence during their pregnancy and how do you manage it? Started experiencing it in this last trimester though pretty mild, only when I cough or sneeze occasionally. But wondering if it'll go away after giving birth? A little worried that it'll continue postpartum and not sure how to manage it with a recovering body.

Hi mommies, did anyone experience urinary incontinence during their pregnancy and how do you manage it? Started experiencing it in this last trimester though pretty mild, only when I cough or sneeze occasionally. But wondering if it'll go away after giving birth? A little worried that it'll continue postpartum and not sure how to manage it with a recovering body.
Hi, i heard its normal to experience abit of urinary incontinence post delivery. But if it still doesnt go away after 3 months(i could be wrong, pls enquire with ur gynae), then u'll need to see a doctor..

Hi, as a pelvic health physiotherapist, I appreciate your openness in discussing your concerns. It sounds like what you’re experiencing might be stress urinary incontinence, which is quite common especially during and after pregnancy.

The increased weight of the baby can put extra pressure on your pelvic floor muscles and bladder, leading to weakened pelvic floor support and potential leakage. This can persist after childbirth due to stretched and weakened pelvic floor muscles.

However there were effective management options available. Pelvic floor muscle training, under guidance of pelvic health physiotherapist can improve the condition in your postpartum period.

I encourage you to consider seeking guidance from a pelvic health physiotherapist who can provide personalised treatment and support tailored to your needs.

I've experienced urinary incontinence too. It was just occasional leaks when I sneezed or laughed, but over time it became more frequent and began to impact my daily life. I decided to seek advice from Dr Chen Chern Yi for possible solutions. She recommended Emsella as my treatment. I noticed improvements in just one session. If you're interested in this kind of treatment, you can check Dr Chen Chern Yi's clinic in Novena.

Back