Twins Babies SG

Dear Mummies,

I am currently at 25 weeks with my twins. Went for check up yesterday and was told my boy is weighing 790g and my girl 750g. Doc says they are very healthy and growing very well. However when she measured my uterus, she told me although im 6 months, the uterus is oredi at 8 months size. She is asking me to get ready in case I need to give birth early! Is this normal? My next chk up will be when I am 30 weeks and the babies will still be so small...

Is there anything I can do now to prevent my uterus from growing too big next month? She did mentioned bed rest is another option but I am really worried about them having to stay in ICU.
Frankly speaking I am resting alot. I have resigned as a teacher and currently teaching tuition instead. There is no need for me to stand and I only teach at most 4.5hrs a day. I will also drive to the kids' house.

Hi Outliers
Do you have a good confinement lady to recommend? I am now 23 weeks pregnant and plans changed. So now, going to get a confinement lady. But those contacts that I have are booked. Went to an agency and they insisted that I have a helper. Duh….I dun want to have a helper cos I am not comfortable living with one! Plus I am not working….
Hi Cupcakes123, I'm not sure if you have already found a good agency for your confinement. I hardly login to this forum nowadays. =P most of the time in facebook.

I got my nanny from Mommycare Confinement agency. You can google their name, they have a website. If you don't want a helper, probably you need your mom or mother in law to help the nanny (if you only want to engage 1 nanny) during the confinement period. This is because during confinement period, you really need to rest and recuperate your body. Try not to carry the baby too often or do housechores.

I just started my twin pregnancy !!! Currently only 9 weeks with dc twins. Any mummies to give tips?? I m quite miserable now haha. Been to A&E due to bleeding and thank god babies are fine.. Anyone encounter the same pro before ?

Hi Siling, I had heavy bleeding around week 12 of my pregnancy. Thank god at that time I am quite near to the hospital. My gynae checked and say the bleed is probably due to a blood vessel tear coz I was taking baby aspirin which is a blood thining medication and during that period of time I also got a bit of constipation. So probably when I try to poo poo, I squeeze a bit hard which might lead to blood vessel tear. After the gynae clear the blood clots away, the bleeding stop. I don't have much issue for rest of the pregnancy.

Hi Siling, I had heavy bleeding around week 12 of my pregnancy. Thank god at that time I am quite near to the hospital. My gynae checked and say the bleed is probably due to a blood vessel tear coz I was taking baby aspirin which is a blood thining medication and during that period of time I also got a bit of constipation. So probably when I try to poo poo, I squeeze a bit hard which might lead to blood vessel tear. After the gynae clear the blood clots away, the bleeding stop. I don't have much issue for rest of the pregnancy.
Hello thank you for your advise ! I'm Already 15 weeks now and everything are fine for now. No more bleeding and so on. The only things is MS! It still not getting away and I am on medication.. Hai!

Hihi has anyone done any comparison for the two pregnancy insurance axa and prudential coverage, which is better?

Hihi has anyone done any comparison for the two pregnancy insurance axa and prudential coverage, which is better?

Hello, prudential coverage for pregnancy complications has 1 less complication than AXA and AIA (apparently AIA also have a similar product). Payout for prenatal complication is only $5000.
For post-delivery hospital coverage, AXA has an option (AXA Mum advantage plus) can cover up to $200 per day for hospital stay per baby up up to 25 days from delivery date. For this option, you are likely to pay more premium. Prudential only pays up to $100 for similar situation.

I also just discovered that some integrated medishield plan covers prenatal complications (some with holding period). AIA Healthshield gold max A covers both the mother and her biological child (incl. of congenital conditions). Since I am on this plan, I have decided not to buy any additional prenatal insurance. You may want to check your existing coverage as well.

This is where you can find comparison of integrated medishield plan:
http://www.moh.gov.sg/content/moh_w..._MediShield_and_Private_Integrated_Plans.html
(Do note that medishield plans have co-insurance and deductible components which means you may not be able to claim 100% of the expenses)

In addition, the default medishield plan for your babies (born after March 2013) once they are born will also cover congenital conditions.
Check this link: http://www.heybaby.sg/havingchildren/medishield_ccnc.html

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply. I did not receive any verification msg from fb yet

You should actually received it already but it is in your "others" inbox which only can be found through website and not through your mobile app. Or you can give me your name and i can accept it immediately. You can share if you are a mother to be to twins or any relations to twins.

You should actually received it already but it is in your "others" inbox which only can be found through website and not through your mobile app. Or you can give me your name and i can accept it immediately. You can share if you are a mother to be to twins or any relations to twins.

Thanks Sharifah, I was using fb apps no wonder I couldn't see any msg. Anyway I've replied to the verification msg. Hope to join the group soon ☺. Thanks.

I think it's a good to have thing. But my gynae told that it doesn't really cover as comprehensively as one of his patient has a unsuccessful claim. But if it gives assurance why not?

hi all, anyone have any experience giving birth for twins in kkh for private suite?
i made an appointment with Dr Pamela Tan and im thinking at staying in A1.
What is the package price for this? and btw im doing a C-sect.

Thanks

Premature baby clothes can get at Tiny Babies Singapore online store, affordable and they offer free delivery within Singapore.

Hi, how is your feedback on DR June Tan? I am short listing her for my gynae. Currently looking for fixed gynae at KKH private suite as I'm Lso afraid of the complications and KKH is more abled to handle them when the time comes.
I don't think govt hospitals are more able to handle complications than private ones. I believe that's an unproven rumor that began spreading and which evolved from the truth of some people getting ICU bill shock when their babies were delivered prematurely. As such, the rumor of "in case complications get bill shock in private hospitals" becomes "public hospitals are better equipped to handle complications". I don't think it's true as public hospitals seem to have a smaller pool of very experienced doctors. Most transit to private sector after reaching a certain career milestone. I rem the case of this host Andrea d Cruz her liver completely failed and she was admitted initially to NUH, it was a very serious case, her condition either got worse or didn't improve and her family quickly transferred her to Gleneagles where she received a liver transplant by one of the top hepatologists in Singapore and was in Gleneagles ICU later for a long time.

sorry babe for the late reply!

delivered via e-csec by MO in charge for that nite.. not able to chose doc coz auto downgrade to C class
Do you know if your cost was so high partly because it ended up being e c-section rather than schedule c sect? I read that for singletons delivery there were many cases of mothers who wanted normal delivery, but couldn't, had to do emergency c-sect and were charged for both epidural normal delivery and c section costs.

Back