Twins Babies SG

Hello! I just went for my first scan last week and found out that I am having twins! This is my first pregnancy so feeling kinda nervous about the whole thing... currently in my 8th week..

Hello! I just went for my first scan last week and found out that I am having twins! This is my first pregnancy so feeling kinda nervous about the whole thing... currently in my 8th week..

Hi there!! Congratulation for your double blessing!
I was like you when I first find out that we are having twins at my 10 weeks ultrasound and SAME!!, this is also my first pregnancy. Do alot of reading and find out more about twins pregnancy. More on positive reading. I am at my 20 weeks now. Take care while you're still in your 1st trimester. Drink plenty of water and eat your folid acid vitamins for the first 3 months. Eat oatmeal for babies development and always keep on positive mindset because you'll be in a roller coaster ride, hehe!

Is your twins in a single sac or divided into separated sacs (2 sacs)

Finally saw some twins to be mummy!

i'm having a pair of fraternal boy/boy twins as well.. goin 24 weeks tmr!

Finally saw some twins to be mummy!

i'm having a pair of fraternal boy/boy twins as well.. goin 24 weeks tmr!

Hehe, Finally I received replies. Was so hoping this day will come.

CONGRATULATIONS! Well done you're soon to be 24weeks. So much blessing. Which hospital are you at and are your taking subsidies or private gynea?

Thank you! hee

hope all of us will be smooth sailing till the day we pop :D

I'm with KKH under private patient though :)

Hi there!! Congratulation for your double blessing!
I was like you when I first find out that we are having twins at my 10 weeks ultrasound and SAME!!, this is also my first pregnancy. Do alot of reading and find out more about twins pregnancy. More on positive reading. I am at my 20 weeks now. Take care while you're still in your 1st trimester. Drink plenty of water and eat your folid acid vitamins for the first 3 months. Eat oatmeal for babies development and always keep on positive mindset because you'll be in a roller coaster ride, hehe!

Is your twins in a single sac or divided into separated sacs (2 sacs)

Mine's in separated sacs, fraternal twins. Couldn't really see the 2nd one coz it was hiding when I did the 1st scan. Could hear their heartbeats and that was amazing!
My next gynea visit is week 9 (next week) and I go to Dr Ben Tham at TMC.

Glad to find similar mummies here! :)

I didn't get to listen to babies heart beats in KKH. Funny that the sonographer said that there isn't any "listening" to heart beats over there. I was surprised because my sister's had theirs for singleton pregnancy.

See that both are having fraternal twins, ME TOO having fraternal twins.

My next appointment will be at NUH. Getting second opinion there. Both you mommies decided to have natural (vaginal) delivery? I am and really hope everything goes smoothly. :)

oic I saw the flicking heartbeat at KKH on my 1st scan.. good luck!

nope.. will be goin for Csec :D

I delivered my twins naturally (vaginal birth). Hard time pushing but I prefer not going under knife. Went on epidural because delivery process longer than single bb. Good luck mummies here!

Whoa! I am not sure yet.. seems still early for me to decide so I will snoop around for more info first :) If possible, will want to have natural delivery.

I delivered my twins naturally (vaginal birth). Hard time pushing but I prefer not going under knife. Went on epidural because delivery process longer than single bb. Good luck mummies here!

Wow! Mommy Tinky, please share which hospital did you went to and who is your doctor? I try to avoid any unnecessary c-section because the healing period will take longer then normal birth. it's always best to go natural as our body is created by God in a very special way. Thanks for the wishes!

Whoa! I am not sure yet.. seems still early for me to decide so I will snoop around for more info first :) If possible, will want to have natural delivery.

Me too :)) Watch Hypnobirthing on YouTube. You will love it and see those mommies who went through natural labor with calmness. You be excited as I am, hehe.. Hope so. :))

Sharifah, I deliver at TMC, my gynae was Beh ST (hope I didn't rem wrongly). Gynae was encouraging and will ask for my opinion, unlike some will tell me to c-sec just because its twins.

True, I had very saddening experience in KKH. Pray that NUH gives better solution and less worries. Was your babies both head down or gynea was able to deliver Twin A head down and Twin B breech? Thanks for sharing.

yes it will be good if able to deliver thru naturally but i chose not to as there is certain risk that 1 suddenly turn to breech after the other is out thru natural.. hence have to go under knife for the other :)
my 1st born was under knife thru a failed induced so its clear choice that i will be choosing Csec :)

That is most likely the case for twins that 2nd twin are normally in breech position and depends on your doctor if they are experienced to handle breech twin B via natural birth. In further research and shared by other twins moms, doctors are able to help by turning the breech baby internally or externally. We just need to find the suitable doctor.

All mother knows best for their babies and themself. Hope yours will be a blissful journey and same goes to the rest of moms. :)

True, I had very saddening experience in KKH. Pray that NUH gives better solution and less worries. Was your babies both head down or gynea was able to deliver Twin A head down and Twin B breech? Thanks for sharing.
Hi Sharifah, how come you had a saddening experience at KKH? Are you now with NUH?

At my last check-up, my doc advised if I were to be delivering before 34 weeks, I should head to KKH first.. due to cost factor of keeping the babies in hospital.

Hi Sharifah, how come you had a saddening experience at KKH? Are you now with NUH?

At my last check-up, my doc advised if I were to be delivering before 34 weeks, I should head to KKH first.. due to cost factor of keeping the babies in hospital.

TMC and NUH shared the same doctors. Just like SGH and KKH shared the same doctors. Have you asked your doctor about what if you head to NUH about cost factor since TMC is private hospital compared to NUH.

My first appointment with NUH is on 4 Nov. All this while I am with KKH and I hope to seek second opinion with NUH. Opening more options for my birthplan as I've heard from experienced mommies and doula that NUH offered pro natural birth support plus they are first awarded friendly hospital in Singapore. In my experiences in KKH, I disliked the doctors that I've met. There cases that they lose my reports and majority of them are not tactful or not mindful. Perhaps different people will experienced it differently. If I would share with you my last appointment with KKH, it will just scare you and only add more worries. it took me awhile to redeem myself. I'm glad Ive moved on.

Last edited:
TMC and NUH shared the same doctors. Just like SGH and KKH shared the same doctors. Have you asked your doctor about what if you head to NUH about cost factor since TMC is private hospital compared to NUH.

My first appointment with NUH is on 4 Nov. All this while I am with KKH and I hope to seek second opinion with NUH. Opening more options for my birthplan as I've heard from experienced mommies and doula that NUH offered pro natural birth support plus they are first awarded friendly hospital in Singapore. In my experiences in KKH, I disliked the doctors that I've met. There cases that they lose my reports and majority of them are not tactful or not mindful. Perhaps different people will experienced it differently. If I would share with you my last appointment with KKH, it will just scare you and only add more worries. it took me awhile to redeem myself. I'm glad Ive moved on. If you insist I share, you can always find me on facebook and PM me - [email protected]

Glad to hear that you moved on! Sorry if I brought up any unhappy memories.. must stay cheerful! Anyway, all the best for your next appt with NUH :)

My doc just briefly mentioned about the cost factor when we asked. He said now still early and he will try to prescribe some meds later to help keep the babies as near to full term as possible.. just in the event of any early emergencies we can first go to KKH. Maybe I will ask more at my next appointment.

Glad to hear that you moved on! Sorry if I brought up any unhappy memories.. must stay cheerful! Anyway, all the best for your next appt with NUH :)

My doc just briefly mentioned about the cost factor when we asked. He said now still early and he will try to prescribe some meds later to help keep the babies as near to full term as possible.. just in the event of any early emergencies we can first go to KKH. Maybe I will ask more at my next appointment.

No worries dear. I'm glad too that I've moved on that phrase and not allowing anybody to harm me and my babies.

Lets us strive for full term together till 37weeks. Yeah!! :)

Hi mummies! Nice to find this forum thread! I'm in my week 12 with fraternal twins & this is my 2nd pregnancy. Intending to deliver at Mt A. =)

Hi mummies! Nice to find this forum thread! I'm in my week 12 with fraternal twins & this is my 2nd pregnancy. Intending to deliver at Mt A. =)

Welcome to this forum thread! Congratulations to you!! Have a blissful journey! Wow at your 12 weeks, you're able to know you're having fraternal twins. I had to wait till 20 weeks to confirm that they are in 2 sacs and 2 placentas. Identical twins have the possibility to be in 2 seperated sacs but with sharing placenta. There cases that placentas are fused together too (for fraternal).

Is this your 2nd set of twins?

Nope, my 1st set of twins. But I have a 18 mth boy already. heehee
Quite worried actually, cos my #1 is a premmie. I hope I can carry my twins till at least 36 weeks. I was hospitalised many many times during #1 due to bleeding & contractions. In the end only tahan till 35 weeks but luckily everything was all rite.
Hope to be able to deliver naturally but gynae was telling me depends on whether they are both facing down. Else if end up emergency c-sect will be very ex. Anyway still a long way to go! =)

Nope, my 1st set of twins. But I have a 18 mth boy already. heehee
Quite worried actually, cos my #1 is a premmie. I hope I can carry my twins till at least 36 weeks. I was hospitalised many many times during #1 due to bleeding & contractions. In the end only tahan till 35 weeks but luckily everything was all rite.
Hope to be able to deliver naturally but gynae was telling me depends on whether they are both facing down. Else if end up emergency c-sect will be very ex. Anyway still a long way to go! =)

Congratulations on your 1st babyboy. Great blessing that now he is 18months. Below is a link for good reading. I find this very useful.

http://thestir.cafemom.com/pregnancy/143723/10_overused_yet_unnecessary_pregnancy

Having twins are expensive but indeed double joy. How exciting! Lets us all strive and tahan till full term. :) If you need any advise, do reply here. It will be a roller coaster ride! Eat well and rest well.

Hi Mummies, i'm new to tis forum. I'm in my week 8 tis week with twins. Very excited to see them tomolo for my scan. Intend to gv birth at TMC.

Hello Twinnies! We are about 2 weeks apart :p Have fun tomorrow at the scan! I also intend to give birth at TMC.

and to all ladies... I came across this website that looks rather informative: http://christinabaglivitinglof.com/twin-pregnancy/twin-pregnancy-diet/
says that we need to eat well and enough to avoid pre-term babies!

Tks rainingcows, so happy to hear tat you will be delivering at TMC too n also only 2weeks apart frm me. Who is ur gynae?

Will keep everyone posted abt my scan tomolo :)

Hi Mummies, i'm new to tis forum. I'm in my week 8 tis week with twins. Very excited to see them tomolo for my scan. Intend to gv birth at TMC.

Welcome Twinnie!! Congratulations!! Blessed you! Enjoy every bit of your scanning tomorrow. Mine was kicking in the sonogram at 12weeks scan and looked so cute! Brought tears to my eyes. Loving them to bits.

Welcome Twinnie!! Congratulations!! Blessed you! Enjoy every bit of your scanning tomorrow. Mine was kicking in the sonogram at 12weeks scan and looked so cute! Brought tears to my eyes. Loving them to bits.

Tks Sharifah :) Wow tats exciting, looking forward to see them at 12weeks too......

Is it true that morning sickness will not subside for twin pregnancies? I have heard from friends that the nausea lasted till like almost the end of the pregnancy...
As for me it feels worse now.. starting from evening to night.. now occasionally in the afternoon.

Is it true that morning sickness will not subside for twin pregnancies? I have heard from friends that the nausea lasted till like almost the end of the pregnancy...
As for me it feels worse now.. starting from evening to night.. now occasionally in the afternoon.

I heard the same and I was worried too at first. Mine lasted till 4months and decrease slowly when reaching 5months. Quit my job and stayed home because it was really really bad all day sickness. I lose 8kg during my 1st trimester. I do still vomit at times but way better now at 23weeks. What really subsided my sickness was eating banana, payaya, kiwi, sweet plum, cereal, oatmeal, nestum, porridge, non oily food and never skip breakfast ever. Must must drink plenty of water. Grab some fruit juice too like carrot and apple. Have small healthy snack hourly too. Once you catch up, you will then intake all those protein food for babies growth. For the beginning, oatmeal will help baby growth for the start. Trust me, I've heard miracle story on mommy who had oatmeal for baby growth. As for your craving, have them moderately.

Indeed I have met friends who had sickness till birth and even after birth but those are singleton mommies. Ours are double the sickness but again it all depends on faith if yours will be better when you reach 2nd trimester. Lets hope the best. :)

Last edited:
<3 <3
IMG_43006875595104_1.jpg

I heard the same and I was worried too at first. Mine lasted till 4months and decrease slowly when reaching 5months. Quit my job and stayed home because it was really really bad all day sickness. I lose 8kg during my 1st trimester. I do still vomit at times but way better now at 23weeks. What really subsided my sickness was eating banana, payaya, kiwi, sweet plum, cereal, oatmeal, nestum, porridge, non oily food and never skip breakfast ever. Must must drink plenty of water. Grab some fruit juice too like carrot and apple. Have small healthy snack hourly too. Once you catch up, you will then intake all those protein food for babies growth. For the beginning, oatmeal will help baby growth for the start. Trust me, I've heard miracle story on mommy who had oatmeal for baby growth. As for your craving, have them moderately.

Indeed I have met friends who had sickness till birth and even after birth but those are singleton mommies. Ours are double the sickness but again it all depends on faith if yours will be better when you reach 2nd trimester. Lets hope the best. :)

Oh my I'm having morning sickness lately and sometimes it gets so bad tat it causes me to hv gastric n a lot of wind inside. I've been having porridge, beehoon n oatmeal everyday. I cant take rice n veg as my stomach can't digest. So sick n tired of eating such blend food already. I hope tis morning sickness will go off at 2nd trimester.

Oh my I'm having morning sickness lately and sometimes it gets so bad tat it causes me to hv gastric n a lot of wind inside. I've been having porridge, beehoon n oatmeal everyday. I cant take rice n veg as my stomach can't digest. So sick n tired of eating such blend food already. I hope tis morning sickness will go off at 2nd trimester.

My advise is to take a day at a time. Whenever I feel better from those sickness, I took my chances to redeem my feelings to prepare what's next to come. Otherwise I feel so terrible to go through it for months, hehe. I Remembered burping alot like a frog during those months. I rarely felt gastric. Maybe because I always covered my belly button with my hands, hehe. And never skip breakfast.

My advise is to take a day at a time. Whenever I feel better from those sickness, I took my chances to redeem my feelings to prepare what's next to come. Otherwise I feel so terrible to go through it for months, hehe. I Remembered burping alot like a frog during those months. I rarely felt gastric. Maybe because I always covered my belly button with my hands, hehe. And never skip breakfast.
Tks for ur advise. Mayb I will try covering my belly button n see if it works for me too ;)

Hi everyone, all the best to the mom to be of twins, I am having 9 month old twins and was once there where you are now, a very wonderful journey ahead of you all , cheers!

Hi Twins Mummies to be, I gave birth to twins (fraternal) in TMC this year July via e-csect due to water bag burst. The babies are 36 weeks old at that time. I guess you just have to let natural take its course. We planned to have schedule csect but who knows baby decided to come out earlier. =) Our gynae though is pro natural birth but he still explain to us the risk of natural birth for twins. I was initially very keen to have natural birth but after considering that one might be natural and the other might be csect, which will involve in double the cost (natural + csect cost), We decided to just go for csect to save the trouble, cost and lower the risk. Now my twins are 3 months old and they are so lovely! So mummies to be, just bear with all the morning sickness, aches, discomfort, etc... once you see your twins, you will find it all worth while! Jia you!

Hi everyone, all the best to the mom to be of twins, I am having 9 month old twins and was once there where you are now, a very wonderful journey ahead of you all , cheers!

Welcome Bsparkle!! Thank you so much for being here. In this forum; we have moms to be who are now at 9 to 25 weeks. Have not update our weeks pregnancy lately. Shall we, heheh.. Mine due on 17 Feb 2014. How about the rest of the mom to be here? :)

Could you share your labor story with us Bsparkle? Must be a fruitful journey with your precious 9 months twins. I'm excited.

Last edited:
Hi Twins Mummies to be, I gave birth to twins (fraternal) in TMC this year July via e-csect due to water bag burst. The babies are 36 weeks old at that time. I guess you just have to let natural take its course. We planned to have schedule csect but who knows baby decided to come out earlier. =) Our gynae though is pro natural birth but he still explain to us the risk of natural birth for twins. I was initially very keen to have natural birth but after considering that one might be natural and the other might be csect, which will involve in double the cost (natural + csect cost), We decided to just go for csect to save the trouble, cost and lower the risk. Now my twins are 3 months old and they are so lovely! So mummies to be, just bear with all the morning sickness, aches, discomfort, etc... once you see your twins, you will find it all worth while! Jia you!

Hi Outliers!! Welcome to this forum and thank you for being here. I'm sure we all need some experienced mommies of twins advise too. Hehe. :)

To all moms-to-be, below is for your good reading. Be knowledgeable and prepare for your best birth plans. *Many love*

I've heard alot about the c section that comes after the natural birth BUT mostly came from the doctors who are doing their job to inform us of the type of risk that may incur. So far I've not heard from those mommies who physically went through the whole scenario of both birth ways as yet. Instead there are mommies of twins who insisted to go through natural birth irregardless knowing what may be the outcome and what may not. They succeed so don't be despair. Our body works better with no fear because you feel relax and calm. Will share more on Hypnobirthing soon. Our body is designed by God to work through the whole process. Note that C section does come with risks too and I encouraged mom to be to read about the risk of c section and the future that they will hold for the next pregnancy. If there are serious medical issues, then seek for gentle c section. (Below are the links). There are hospital who support and practice gentle c section in SG. So far NUH, TMC and perhaps RH.

Unnecessary Cesarean Section On You

http://www.friscowomenshealth.com/?option=com_wordpress&Itemid=249&lang=en&p=89

We all know the benefit of C section and we must know the complication of C section as well.
http://www.medscape.org/viewarticle/512946_4

Watch "Gentle Baby C-Section Featured on NBC 5 News!" on YouTube -

Last edited:
Ladies, I advise that we keep the links that have been shared here so in case you need it in the future when we are nearer to due date. Here is another 2 links that will keep us prepared :)

For those undergoing elective C sect, this is also good to practise.
http://my.clevelandclinic.org/heart/prevention/stress/guided_imagery.aspx

About the mind body connection and why focusing on your body will help you relax and therefore make it easier to birth, instead of distracting yourself and numbing it with drugs. This also helps with non preggy mums, who try to cope with life's stresses through comfort eating/eating junk food, escaping online/fb, or engage in other addictive/dependent behaviours. Pls try the advice and practise the exercises.
http://my.clevelandclinic.org/heart/prevention/alternative/bodymind.aspx

Last edited:
both my babies are head down when due, am lucky. wish all mummies smooth deliveries too..

just some weird thingy to share, my twins was initially heads up and was informed have to do C-section, i was terribly upset as i want a natural delivery badly. so my logical thinking is that bb's head is heavier, so i try to walk more hopefully to bring their heads down. and also thinking that less space for bb to move around if i sleep sideway, so i try to sleep face up.. good enough for me, after a week i went for check up again and my bb are head down..

just some of my silly acts/thoughts, not proven but seems works for me.. ha. my luck..

Screenshot_2013-10-23-15-26-38_1.jpg
both my babies are head down when due, am lucky. wish all mummies smooth deliveries too..

just some weird thingy to share, my twins was initially heads up and was informed have to do C-section, i was terribly upset as i want a natural delivery badly. so my logical thinking is that bb's head is heavier, so i try to walk more hopefully to bring their heads down. and also thinking that less space for bb to move around if i sleep sideway, so i try to sleep face up.. good enough for me, after a week i went for check up again and my bb are head down..

just some of my silly acts/thoughts, not proven but seems works for me.. ha. my luck..

Hehe, not weird or silly at all. I will do the same when times comes. You followed your instinct and knows what's best. I will definitely do the same. I pray that everything goes smoothly. :D

Last edited:

Back