TTC for 2014 Horse Babies

sunrise, i can feel u...dun have negative thoughts...its unhealthy in a marriage.

communication is very important in a relationship. talk it out and i believe things will work out fine.

as for outsiders, dun take their words/comments so seriously, these are unnescessary stress

go for a holiday or road trip to refresh yourself:)

hi everyone, i am new here.
ttc ing my no 2. am on my 3rd cycle of clomid. previously 100g & 150g clomid did not work. this time gynae gave me metformin and 200g clomid. last chance before i have to try more invasive methods..:(:( best of all my sil just announced she is pregnant... :( happy for her but sad for us, if u know what i mean

Hi fifteenmay

I am also in your position presently... its always sad to hear friends around us to announce they are pregnant.
Most piss off is one of my SIL said that getting pregnant is so easy... claiming that what am i trying so hard... after hearing this .. it BREAKS my heart thoroughly.

Hi, I have Clearblue Digital Ovulation left 2 tests, expiry 07/2014 selling at $10
PM me if you are interested. Thanks

hi ladies.. been a silent reader all along... mind if I join in coz me also actively trying for a horsey bb and also it is my first... been actively trying since Jan 13. Tested bfp end July but joy was short lived. Blighted ovum. Pregnancy not viable. Did a d&c mid aug and now back in the trying warzone.

for those actively trying for your first, be comforted that most of you are probably younger than me and have time on your side. I am already 37 going to 38 (bday in Jan..) so I guess its goin to be very tough for me. To be honest, I m not hopful aft the previous failed pregnancy yet, something inside tells me NOT to throw in the towel and call it a day.. Just not yet...

hope to find morale support n comfort with like minded ladies... coz I believe the power of morale support for each other, esp when it comes to mind boggling super tricky matters like ttc..

I m not doing bbt n opk coz I feel that if I start bbt I will be super stressed and I might go crazy trying to read into my temp chart and figuring them out.. so I m not keen to start bbt and end up gettin all stress analyzing this or that.. i chose to think if god wants to give us 1, I guess I just have to wait...

Last edited:
I actually envy those who r ttc for ur no.2... coz at least, at the end of the day, u still hve ur no. 1...

for pple like me, not even a no. 1 to start with.. and trying for no. 1 is so so so tough... :(

Hi SloshySoupy
Glad that you didn give up hope. Maybe you should combine English & Chinese TCM together.
My galfriend too had a d&c last Dec.. and guess what.. she is now 17weeks pregnant. Dun give up...
Btw, we are the same age.

hi simmama, yipe.. guess not giving up and staying positive and relaxed is very impt in ttc-ing. hubby and I r both ok-ed by gynae thou he had high blood pressure (hubs same age as me..) but he's not on med jus control diet... I m taking folic acid and prenatal vits daily.. and aft af, either my mom or myself, will brew ba zhen to consume. also been taking red dates drink frequently.

Now currently having af and in my cd 4, guess it'll be chiong-ing time pretty soon...

how long have u been trying? for your first or second or..? U jiayou too and also to all who r trying.. lets hope this Christmas will be extra special and blessed with a fat bfp awaiting us in our Christmas stocking!!!;)

Hi fifteenmay

I am also in your position presently... its always sad to hear friends around us to announce they are pregnant.
Most piss off is one of my SIL said that getting pregnant is so easy... claiming that what am i trying so hard... after hearing this .. it BREAKS my heart thoroughly.

That is so Argh!!!!!! I mean what are these pple trying to prove?

hi simmama, yipe.. guess not giving up and staying positive and relaxed is very impt in ttc-ing. hubby and I r both ok-ed by gynae thou he had high blood pressure (hubs same age as me..) but he's not on med jus control diet... I m taking folic acid and prenatal vits daily.. and aft af, either my mom or myself, will brew ba zhen to consume. also been taking red dates drink frequently.

Now currently having af and in my cd 4, guess it'll be chiong-ing time pretty soon...

how long have u been trying? for your first or second or..? U jiayou too and also to all who r trying.. lets hope this Christmas will be extra special and blessed with a fat bfp awaiting us in our Christmas stocking!!!;)

I am trying for No. 2. My first one, I tried for 10years. Will be going for IVF after CNY next year until KKH. Age is catching up... hopefully can strike.

Last edited:
simmama: why cry? dun cry... and dun dwell on whatever that may upset u. Some pple are actually quite insensitive and childish on this type of matter, if matched with some ignorance, they can be downright irritating. They imposed their personal knowledge and belief on fertility issue upon others wo realizing how untrue and rubbish their so called beliefs are. I chose to ignore these pple and entertain them on a superficial level.

dun hve to go down to their level.

4th child? if she's trying why did she bother with the ring thing in the first place? guess the gar-ment bb bonus are effective..

4th child? if she's trying why did she bother with the ring thing in the first place? guess the gar-ment bb bonus are effective..

I mean my SIL put the ring thingy... still can get pregnant. Hubby is a drinker cum smoker.. haintz
Actually my target is to have 5kids, as we married young... haha..

ur sil is ur hub's brother wife issit?

wat? serious ah, put the ring thing still can kena...

well, if I even kena 1, I will tou Xiao already.. dun even dare to think of my initial no of children I wish for (its 3..)

wa u wanted 5 huh.. u must hve like kids a lot..

but we married late.. customary at 35.. then bo-chup for a yr plus coz didn't feel dat kan cheong for a kid yet.. then suddenly outta blue, this maternal instinct kick in, and we got all serious and focus (actually its me coz hubs still very relax about us not having any kids yet.. Men!!!) but I didn't do a lot compare to some... I just do what is necessary to try to get myself preggy. I try to not indulge in too many things incase it gets too overwhelming, and I know if I tried too many diff things, my expectation will def go higher and disappointment in contrast becomes bigger. I dun need that.

Thanks for your well-wishes SloshySoupy. This will be my 2nd IVF. Lets Jia you together.
Btw, have you consider IVF as it is heavily subsided by govt. 40% chances.

hubs mentioned to me.. I m still contemplating coz u see ivf not an easy journey to go thru.. afterwhich the expectation are bound to be higher than norm ttc-ing.. I know myself. the hugher the expectation the greater the disappointment.. I m not one who can handle disappointments very well.. I m just scared with ivf, aft goin thru all the hectic procedures, the monies spent, the time invested, what if I am unsuccessful? I did ask myself what if I m unsuccessful? can I handle the disappointment that follows? I know the ans very well..

AF ... Aunt Flo (menstruation)
BBT ... Basal Body Temperature
BD...Baby Dancing (Love Making)
BCP ... Birth Control Pills
BFN...Big Fat Negative (Pregnancy Test Negative)
BFP...Big Fat Positive (Pregnancy Test Positive)
BOB...Baby on the Brain
B/W, b/w ... Blood Work
CB ... Cycle Buddy
CD ... Cycle Day
CL...Community Leader
CM ... Cervical Mucus
D&C ... Dilation & Curettage
DH... Dear (or whatever other D word seems appropriate at the time) Husband
DI ... Donor Insemination
DPO ... Days Past Ovulation
DPIUI ... Days Past IUI
DTD ... Do The Deed or Did The Deed
ET ... Embryo Transfer
EW...Egg White Consistency (related to CM)
EWCM ... Egg White Cervical Mucous
FET ... Frozen Embryo Transfer
FSH ... Follicle Stimulating Hormone
GP ... General Practitioner
HPT ... Home Pregnancy Test
HSG ... Hysterosalpingogram
ICI ... Intra-cervical Insemination
IF ... Infertility
IUI ... Intra-uterine Insemination
IVF ... In Vitro Fertilization
KWIM...Know What I Mean
LAP ... Laparoscopy
LH ... Luteinizing Hormone
LMP ... Last Menstrual Period (start date)
LOL ... Laughing Out Loud or Lots Of Love
LPD ... Luteal Phase Defect
MC, m/c, misc. ... Miscarriage
NP ... Nurse Practitioner
O ... Ovulation
OB/GYN ... Obstetrician/Gynecologist
OMG ... Oh My Goodness!
OPK ... Ovulation Predictor Kit
OT or O/T...Off Topic
PCO, PCOD ... Polycystic Ovary Disease
PCOS ... Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
PG ... Pregnant
PID ... Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
PMS ... Pre-menstrual Syndrome
POAS ... Pee On A Stick
RE ... Reproductive Endocrinologist
RI ... Reproductive Immunologist
ROTFLMAO ... Rolling on the floor laughing my a$$ off
SA ... Semen or Sperm Analysis
STD ... Sexually Transmitted Disease
TTC ... Trying to Conceive
US, u/s ... Ultrasound
UTI ... Urinary Tract Infection
*IL ... *(whatever) In Law
2WW ... 2 weeks waiting

wow so happening now. any more new BFPs?
my sis in law just got hers! if i get mine for horse year i think the kids will have company and competition. a little worried.

I had my reservation with clomid too coz I read that clomid has its dangers...

SS, actually after I had all these pills and injections.. I put on some weight.. simpily cannot shed off the tummy fats...
To tell you the truth, I have tried all sorts of fertility methods in order to get pregnant.
I must admit is very tiring, but thankful my hubby is very supportive as he mentioned to me b4.. is ok if we do not have kids.
My MIL has prayed for us, she said my time will come.

So, SS... as our age is catching up.. I would strongly advise you to go straight to IVF.. who knows TWINS!!!!
Is not as scary and painful as people says...
If you need someone to give you support.. you can PM me ...

Last edited:
u r welcome Emily, actually i found it in this thread.. I was jus like u, blur with all the short forms shooting back and forth amidst ladies...

Simmama, actually during one of my gynae check up, I did talk to him about undergoing ivf. He told me to try for half a yr more, his reason given, since I m able to get preggy (ends up having to go thru d&c as it is an empty sac...boohohoho..so sad) my factory shld be ok, since natural is still the best. Ivf, he said may have a higher chance (to conceive), but he is jus worried I m not ready emotionally (to undertake disappointment as ivf not 100% sure kena one..) He is quite right as I m not quite ready for inf disappointments (hell, I can barely handle my mthly disappointments..) I know ivf best is to go for it as egg quality diminishes with age.. I m in a limbo coz of this factor

SIMMama n sloshy soupy , ya I agreed. If u tried a few months naturally n it don't works, got to ask yr doc for advice.

Think it is best not to spend time worrying abt this and that, do something more productive . Like finding out more on yr conceiving options with yr gynae.

Hi , I am planning to try on jan . Hopefully , my hubby will support me .

Trying to lose weight , but can't ! Christmas is coming ....bound to have big feast !!!!

Missed AF for three days... Mine usually very punctual, at most miss by only 1 or 2 days max. I don't even have the crampy feelings I usually get a few days before AF. Half excited, half scared of disappointment. By right, I shouldn't be preggie since we haven't BDed for awhile due my hectic work schedule, only once maybe two to three days after my previous AF (non-ovulating days). Not sure who to talk to, can only release some anxiety here... Waiting to test only if it doesn't come after a week.

dear mummies & ladies out there, i need some advice. How does spotting looks like & how frequent & how many days will it last?

i had this pinkish to brownish discharge last week on like alternate day. what does this mean?

my af suppposed to come yesterday.

dear mummies & ladies out there, i need some advice. How does spotting looks like & how frequent & how many days will it last?

i had this pinkish to brownish discharge last week on like alternate day. what does this mean?

my af suppposed to come yesterday.

do you know at what DPO you had brown spotting? i had a few miscarriages before and for 2 times i had implantation bleeding. So it can happen. It could be implation bleeding which usually occurs from 7 to 12 DPO. do you still have spotting now?

do you know at what DPO you had brown spotting? i had a few miscarriages before and for 2 times i had implantation bleeding. So it can happen. It could be implation bleeding which usually occurs from 7 to 12 DPO. do you still have spotting now?
if based on my cycle, i had pink spotting on 7dpo, brown spotting on 9dpo,11dpo. yes now i still have, i thought was af but it wasnt. when i wipe after i pee, there's light red but when i put a panty liner, it's clean & nothing.

could it also be a sign that af is coming? i'm excited but at the same time scared of disappointment

could it also be a sign that af is coming? i'm excited but at the same time scared of disappointment
wah ur qns is very difficult to answer. it could be both. but usually implantation bleeding wont last so long. since ur AF is due, u may want to test. but if u want to avoid disappointment, u can test end of the week when AF totally no show. good luck, hope that you get your BFP!

wah ur qns is very difficult to answer. it could be both. but usually implantation bleeding wont last so long. since ur AF is due, u may want to test. but if u want to avoid disappointment, u can test end of the week when AF totally no show. good luck, hope that you get your BFP!
haha, how many days will implantation be? i shall wait & see. what is BFP?

Hello how's everyone doing? Any good news to share?
:)
I am still trying and looking forward to this mth result.

no good news for me though :(

but i am at worst stage. I do not know the answer. I am late for 14 days throughout my "longest" cycle of 49 days. Till today still no AF. Tested negative too. I wonder is the test strips not working??? Mine is test strip, those cheap kind. Should i buy a better test kit?

hi ladies, I would like to ask a question. When is the last month that we should try in order to conceive for the year of Horse babies ah? Anyone on chlomid and managed to conceive? I tried chlomid last month but failed.

hi ladies, I would like to ask a question. When is the last month that we should try in order to conceive for the year of Horse babies ah? Anyone on chlomid and managed to conceive? I tried chlomid last month but failed.
pregnancy is about 36 to 38weeks for full term. So i guess, 2014 end of Feb

Hi does anyone has the contact number of Northern Hope Medical gynae? Dr Woo Bit Hwa at Punggol Plaza.
Had been trying to find Dr woo bit hwa's clinic contact number to book an appointment but couldn't find it on the web. Address also cannot find. Called the numbers yet "It's not in use!!!!"

Thanks in advance

no good news for me though :(

but i am at worst stage. I do not know the answer. I am late for 14 days throughout my "longest" cycle of 49 days. Till today still no AF. Tested negative too. I wonder is the test strips not working??? Mine is test strip, those cheap kind. Should i buy a better test kit?
Maybe should try the Clearblue digital one?

I tested negative a couple of weeks ago too but now my AF no signs of coming... so I'm getting the digital one to test too.

Emily Tan and Dusty gritty, maybe try seeking gyne's advise?
I've friend who tested negative a few times, but due to no AF (coz she is quite regular), she went to see one.
And she was tested preggy...

Back