Trying to get pregnant

Debby R

Hi
I'm a new member here..
I'll be 37 this year and had 2 miscarriages back to back last year.
I'm trying again now since Feb but to no avail. Feel like giving up sometimes..
I've started TCM - TCM healthcare(Dr Tan Kian Sing)..Wonder if anyone has gone to the same doc with any positive results? Also taking folic acid religiously.
Any food that i shd avoid besides cold stuff?
:)

Hi Debby,

Do you know the reasons for your 2 miscarriages? If not, I suggest you to find out.

I had mutliple miscarriages and though no single reasons was found, I managed to have a live birth with changes to medication once pregnant. I was with NUH recurrent loss clinic.

You can call NUH to find out more. If cost is not an issue, you can go direct as a private patient. I went as a subsidised patient through polyclinic referral. Some has mentioned long waiting time to get 1st appointment, but the nurses at the polyclinic helped expedite my case and got appointment for me within 2 weeks due to my advanced maternal age.

I did TCM and accupunture before but that did not help save my failed pregnancies.

Don't give up. Jiayou!

Hi Maybebb

Did tests for both the miscarriage, but the gynae at gleneagles couldnt find anything..He says maybe its my age..which i thought to myself - there are alot of pple older than me still having successful pregnancies. He was abit discouraging..
I met with Prof Choolani at NUH(he specializes in high risk & miscarriages) who told me that he wanted me to try again for a third time. Touchwood if anything happens, then he would do a full medical test.
What did they make you do during your visit to the recurrent loss clinic?
I've only done 2 rounds last month with accupuncture..I'll prob give it some time.. But with age catching up, i do worry myself sometimes..

Hi Debby,

Yes advanced age do contribute significantly to the higher miscarriage rate. To be frank, your gynae is just being plain honest. I'm not sure how old are you. But as our age advanced, we can only play the probabilty game.

If Prof asked you to try for a third time before the tests, I am assuming he think you're young enough and have the time to try again.

The clinic took many tubes of blood for testing and also tested hubby's sperm.

It is always better to be proactive to seek treatment if required rather than wait till age has caused non reversal damage. Fertility drops drastically as age advances. If I had known, I would also have been much more proactive in the earlier years.

For those consulting TCM Tan Kian Sing at Clementi, I have 7 sets of power sachets to give away. Expiring 2018.
PM me if you are interested. Self pick up.

Hi @Debby R

I've had 2 miscarriages in my 2 years of ttc and I wanted to do detailed genetics testing. But my gynae insisted that I try again. He's a very experienced gynae (61 years old this year), and he said he 'can tell' from a couple's face and appearance if they are sick... He was very confident that my 2 miscarriages were pure bad luck. My hubby and I trusted him; After all he has no reason to deny us doing the tests.

Guess what, after 3 cycles, I'm pregnant again and all seems good so far. I know ttc is a difficult journey but I'm glad I found a gynae I really trust with all my heart. That's very important. I hope you'll find a doc you can trust as much too, I believe that will help in your conception journey. Cheers!

i was with TCM healthcare(Dr Tan Kian Sing), i was 35 years old then.. after seeing him for 2 months, i got pregnant despite trying for like a whole year. now i am pregnant with my second one. so jia you.

I do agree that TCM can play a part in TTC. I went to see the TCM when I had almost given up on TTC #3. I had heavy menses and thought to see TCM to "tiao" or "optimize" my general health. By the third cycle, I was pregnant. It was a surprise cos I did not see the TCM to help me get pregnant. But as the TCM philosophy goes, when our body is in optimum condition, everything is possible!

Back