Trying to conceive but at a loss

Icying

Hi I need experienced advice because i’m confused by what the doctors told me.

In short, I went to Raffles Hospital with spouse to do fertility test. Due to age at 36, my eggs are on in between normal to low. I was referred to do HSG test which report states there is possible polyps at the lower cervical area. No mention of how big the polyps are but dr suggest to remove polyps to remove all possible cause before proceeding to either IUI or IVF. Sound logical to me. But estimated bill for polyps surgery cough up to 10k.

I then decided to get referral to KKH to do this surgery. However, KKH dr says due to covid, only cancer patients get to do surgery and the earliest slot is August. She mention small polyps should not have any issue in pregnancy attempt because it’s in the lower area. If it’s bigger than 2cm then she would suggest to do. Thing is there is no data in size of polyps also. She also mention the risk of doing such surgery. So instead she think i can just quickly proceed to do IVF.

With two different opinions, i’m at a loss of what to do. 1) It makes sense to me to remove polyps then proceed to do exp IVF. Yes there will be risk but isn’t this surgery common? Or am i wrong? Why would I want to proceed with IVF with this nagging sound inside me asking “what if polyps is the cause..”? 2) IVF i heard is very very expensive and require few attempts and luck to conceive. Can experienced mother wannabes share the cost of IVF in kkh and exactly how much is the grant? I’m singaporean and my spouse is PR.

Thank you v v much in advance !

Hi I need experienced advice because i’m confused by what the doctors told me.

In short, I went to Raffles Hospital with spouse to do fertility test. Due to age at 36, my eggs are on in between normal to low. I was referred to do HSG test which report states there is possible polyps at the lower cervical area. No mention of how big the polyps are but dr suggest to remove polyps to remove all possible cause before proceeding to either IUI or IVF. Sound logical to me. But estimated bill for polyps surgery cough up to 10k.

I then decided to get referral to KKH to do this surgery. However, KKH dr says due to covid, only cancer patients get to do surgery and the earliest slot is August. She mention small polyps should not have any issue in pregnancy attempt because it’s in the lower area. If it’s bigger than 2cm then she would suggest to do. Thing is there is no data in size of polyps also. She also mention the risk of doing such surgery. So instead she think i can just quickly proceed to do IVF.

With two different opinions, i’m at a loss of what to do. 1) It makes sense to me to remove polyps then proceed to do exp IVF. Yes there will be risk but isn’t this surgery common? Or am i wrong? Why would I want to proceed with IVF with this nagging sound inside me asking “what if polyps is the cause..”? 2) IVF i heard is very very expensive and require few attempts and luck to conceive. Can experienced mother wannabes share the cost of IVF in kkh and exactly how much is the grant? I’m singaporean and my spouse is PR.

Thank you v v much in advance !
It's better to remove polyps before proceeding to IVF when we know that it may cause problems.
For my 1st failed cycle, KKH doc suggested not to remove it, as it's small & shouldn't affect anything. And before 2nd cycle, she suggested we shud get it removed. So rather than regretting later, better take second opinion and remove it if you can.

Back