Toiletries for maid

soh_meifong

Hi to all mummies out there. Do u buy the toiletries like shampoo, bodywash , facial cleanser and toothpaste all that for ur maid? My maid told me that her ex employer used to buy it for her. Wat are ur opinion of this? Wat should we buy and wat should not be buy? If u all got buy, wat are those tat u buy for them?

I buy the more budgetary brands ones for her to use.like shampoo, soap n toothpaste. If she wants facial cleanser, she got to get it herself. I only provide basic necessities. But then, my maid very atas, say the shampoo I buy is nt good enough for her so she buys her own, n she buys hair conditioner and body lotion etc also.

We gave her $$ to buy her own on her off days. They hv their own preferences too and i just wanna respect tt.

I personally dun use any expensive stuff so i allow her to use whatever i am using. As for sanitary stuff, i also allow her to use whatever i m using.

She is only not allowed to use my children's products.

As for body lotion, hand cream etc, I dun use them and she has not asked from me.

If I am not wrong, we are supposed to provide them with basic toiletries items. If they are picky in brand provided, then they should use their own money to buy.

I provide toothpaste, shampoo and shower gel for her..the basic ones...but for sanitary pads and others..I dun.

When I engaged her..I asked the agent abt this and she said it's ok not to give her pads coz she knows some Chinese are pantang abt giving pads

Hi Mei Fong,

I buy shampoo and soap for my maid when she first came (I choose the type and brand). When she wanted to use her own preferred brand, she buy herself.

As for sanitary pad, I provide her until she completed her loan and has $$$ to buy her own. Like that biggly say, Chinese "pandang" on this.

Currently, I only provide her with toothpaste and toothbrush which she uses whatever brand I buy.

Back