TOA PAYOH mummies

Dor
so u looking for more academic? Ur no 1 is with my first skool too?
i got a space at sparkletots, so temporary infant care will put there, later on see how, might change might not. Cos no 1 still at CH.

hey everyone!!

happy new year!! wishing you and your family the best in health and may your days be filled with joy and happiness!!

good news... lorong 5 food centre is open! yumz!! hee...

are,

i went liao haha eat my fav fried chicken wing rice and the oyster omelette.

Hello all,
any recommendation for arts or music appreciation class.
I shortlist global art and one at united square and will go take a look, any other recommendation thats affordable?

Hi, i'm new here. Are there any playdates going on in Toa Payoh? I would like my girl (13M old) to enjoy some children playtime. thanks!

Hi mummies,

Anyone interested to take over these diapers at $26?

Merries XL tape diapers 44 pcs (brand new sealed condition)12-20kg
Drypers XXL tape diapers 20 pcs (15+kg)
Drypantz XXL sample pack (2pcs)

I am at Toa Payoh Lor 7. If date and timing is good, I can try to see if I can send over.

Thanks!

Wishing All a Happy & Fruitful year 2013!

Ivy, #1 is with Jessin, #2 MyFirstSkool Infant she just promoted to toddler side and still adjusting to the new env...meaning cried a lot sigh!

Did anyone notice there's a some kind of 'Kindermusic' centre beside the ice-cream outlet @ typ lor. 1...wonder any mummies sign their bbs up wanted some feedback since its so near my plc and am keen to let my 18mths join.

Dor,
wah flash back, that time enyu go toddler, cry for 1 week or more. Then sometimes relapse, will tell teacher want mommy... -.-
im still thinking to keep no 2 at sparkletot forever or change to cherie hearts with no 1, but only together 1 yr, or go to my first skool. Of cos i think too much cos pregnant now, ki siao.

U mean beside creamier?? maybe i go check out.

Ivy, base on your priority and decide on which ccc to put your #2.

Yes is next to creamier...pse share some info wif us after u'd chk out tat plc...many thanks!

hey all... just to share... you can buy discounted tickets for local attractions from seawheel. call to enquire for rates and reserve in advance. they can even bring down to the taxi stand for you cos the parking is very limited. http://www.seawheel.com.sg/contact-us/ my aquarium tix was only $20 (with $5 F&B voucher), u.p. $29. enjoy!!

hey mummies...

have you checked out safra toa payoh yet? so cool. loved the bowling there (close @ 1am, fri/sat 3am!), and i've signed up for personal trainer at the gym. the trainer i work with is very friendly and assuring, so you don't feel so shy. i am taking this as a chance to learn how to exercise properly (despite my injuries), and so i can use the gym myself next time. they have a ladies day on fri so you pay off peak rate of $5.35 for the whole day. the gym toilets have a steam room and jacuzzi! so shiok!! hahaha...

another thing... anyone has LEGO bricks to donate to the charity i am working for? we are doing an activity for students with learning difficulties. no need complete sets.

and yet another thing... my maid wants to send some items back home, so i am helping her to ask around for 2nd hand clothes. let me know if you have any to donate to her poor village after your spring cleaning!!

thanx ya!!

aiya... choi choi!! not leaving lah. hahaha... :p

just sending box back for the family. hehehe... we are sending in mar.

Hello mummies! I am new to the thread. I recently moved to toa payoh and happened to chance upon this thread while searching for playgroups for my 21mo girl.

Regarding the kindermusik class, both my elder (3yo) and younger (21mo) attend the classes. i think the toddler class for >3 yo quite good as it gives teaches them daily communication skills, eg boy=he, girl=she, as well as simple sentence construction, through songs. Also allows them to create more awareness to the sounds they listen outside. The teachers are a husband-wife team and they have 3 kids so they are able to communicate to the children quite effectively and positively. One thing i like abt them is that they provide a very personal tpuch, eg sending me smses to update me abt my girls, so much so that we are almost like friends.

My 21mo attended younger class and i personally feel that it is a good exposure to music but my girlight be too young to enjoy. You can give them a call of you are interested!

Btw, its such a difficult task to find a good sch in tpy with vacancies! I have enrolled my younger daughter in bethel child care in upper serangoon, but the bus fees cost 2/3 of the total fees im paying and i dunno whether its worth it!

hey eileen...

thanx so much. but she's got too much already cos my fren cleaned out half her wardrobe! hahaha...

toys and books maybe you can donate to care corner toa payoh. you can google for their addy and num. do call and ask if they want first before dropping off.

Anyone looking for a car seat for kids 3 years and above? It's a booster that comes with a back support. You can remove the support at a later stage when it is no longer needed. Brand is Graco. Good condition except a little fading on the head rest. Letting go at $70 (brand new retail price is $280)

Came across this online. Have a read and a thought

What is a family?

A father came home from work late, tired and irritated, to find his 5-year old son waiting for him at the door.

Son: "Father, may I ask you a question?"

Father replied: "Yeah sure, what is it?"

Son: "Father, how much do you make an hour?"

Father said angrily: "That's none of your business. Why do you ask such a thing?"

Son: "I just want to know. Please tell me, how much do you make an hour?"

Father: "If you must know, I make $20 an hour."

"Oh," the little boy replied, with his head down. Looking up, he said, "Father, may I please borrow $10?"

The father was furious, "If the only reason you asked that is so you can borrow some money to buy a silly toy or some other nonsense, then you march yourself straight to your room and go to bed. Think about why you are being so selfish. I work hard everyday for such childish behaviour."

The little boy quietly went to his room and shut the door. Father sat down and started to get even angrier about the little boy's questions. How dare he ask such questions only to get some money? After about an hour or so, the father had calmed down, and started to think: Maybe there was something he really needed to buy with that $10 and he really didn't ask for money very often.

The father went to the door of the little boy's room and opened the door.

"Are you asleep, son?" Father asked.

"No Father, I am awake," replied the little boy.

"I have been thinking, maybe I was too hard on you earlier," said the father. "It's been a long day and I took out my aggravation on you. Here's the $10 you asked for."

The little boy sat straight up, smiling. "Oh, thank you Father!" He yelled.

Then, reaching under his pillow he pulled out some crumpled up bills.

The father, seeing that the little boy already had money, started to get angry again.

The little boy slowly counted out his money, and then looked up at his father.

"Why do you want more money if you already have some?" the father grumbled.

"Because I didn't have enough, but now I do," the little boy replied.

"Father, I have $20 now. Can I buy an hour of your time? Please come home early tomorrow. I would like to have dinner with you."

Moral of the Story: Share this story with someone you like... But even better, share $20 worth of time with someone you love. It's just a short reminder to all of you working so hard in life.

We should not let time slip through our fingers without having spent some time with those who really matter to us, those close to our hearts.

If we die tomorrow, the company that we are working for could easily replace us in a matter of days.

But the family and friends we leave behind will feel the loss for the rest of their lives. And come to think of it, we pour ourselves more into work than to our family. An unwise investment indeed!

So what is the moral of the story?

Don't work too hard...and you know what the full word of FAMILY is?

FAMILY = (F)ATHER (A)ND (M)OTHER,(I)(L)OVE (Y)OU!

Spend quality time for the people you are working so hard for... the people that really matter.

HI everyone..happy chinese new year~!
Have been long time nvr online to thos thread to chat...
Are, i just email you regarding the old cloths.
Dor,the music class just at my opp block, but i hv not make enquire there...mayb will ask this coming weekend,do u kw the fees?
jfoo,do u going back PG during CNY?

Hi mommies,

I just shifted to Toa Payoh in Nov 2012. I am a SAHM with an 18 month old toddler.

I am in the midst of finding a playgroup (2 hourly kind) for her n I am on 3 waitlist!!

Nice to find this thread. Hope to learn more from you mommies.

Welcome to this thread, Citrella!

Newmummy, I didn't go back to Penang but went to Kuching during CNY. My godparents live there.

hello all been so tired, my no 2 will be due soon, probably 1st week of march... arhh! so nervous, the cycle goes again.

Just wanna say i just call claypot rice lor 5, seems like some stalls change already. For those new here, heres the food in tpy! not sure if any changes already.

Good food @ TPY
1) lor 1
a. food market (2nd level) daytime : 26 fried carrot cake stall beside tian tian lai (traditional black/white), qing shan fried white carrot cake, tian tian lai fried hokkien mee, heaven bliss muffin (just follow the smell), teochew bao (big stall, you cant miss), porridge with 1 crispy you tiao (with pretty lady boss), soya bean
b. Near SPH, the cafeteria known as 2nd Street Café : Botak Jones, Italian food, Japanese egg omelette rice, zi czar, tandoori chicken. They have a bar counter serving Hoegaarden and other brand beer as well, most popular is magarita.

2) lor 2
a. blk 116 (above braddell mrt station) : roast duck/chicken/pork/charsiew, yong tau fu stall (original sister go to 206 right)
b. blk 125 coffeeshop : nasi padang

3) lor 3 & 4
a. blk 93 : thai stall (seafood horfan, fried chicken wings), wanton noodles, kway chap
b. blk 94 : chicken rice shop (roast pork/charsiew/soy sauce chicken), corner coffeeshop (bak chor mee – daytime oni)
c. blk 95 : tim’s (western/nepalese food – pork ribs, chicken cutlet, steak, homemade cakes), coffee shop – meili zi char (crabs, fried ji ding beehoon/horfan, boiled soup, fish head curry, claypot chicken), malay zi char (BBQ seafood, pattaya rice), chicken rice (char siew/roast pork), indonesian economic rice

4) lor 4
a. blk 85 : bak chor mee, roast meats
b. blk 84? : cod fish village (cod fish head curry)
c. market : yam cake/noodles/porridge, yong tau hu

5) lor 5
a. standalone food centre : tau hway (open till 11pm), char kway teow, claypot rice (62565708), satay, BBQ chicken wings, satay beehoon, fried spring chicken with mushroom yam rice (ala ke ai ji), fishball noodles (close very early), fish soup, BBQ sting ray
b. blk 51? : UNO beef house (steak, fried mashed potato ball, chicken cutlet)

6) lor 7 (food center)
a. beef noodles
b. peanut cake
b. blk 4 : 24hrs prata shop
c. oyster omelette - start 3pm end 8pm usually cos oyster sold out.

7) lor 8 (food center blk 210)
a. fish soup (HaiJi)next to western stall
b. duck rice
c. kway chap
d. chee cheong fan & dim sum (qiang ji, next to yong tau fu stall & soya bean stall), the ccf only cost $1.20 a plate.. and it's HK style.. yum!
e. tau huay next to the dim sum..very cheap..only $0.50 for a bowl only!!
f. blk 212 : melben seafood (crabs, esp crab beehoon)
g. ocean fish head curry (blk 212, coffeeshop S99), also have a zi char very nice.. the salted eggyolk crab is simply wonderful!!!!very lu wei & yummy!!must try!=)
h. durians

8) central
a. HDB Hub food court: Gideon pastry stall near escalator (cakes, breads), rojak (famous in sgp), beef noodles (previously frm beach road), zhi char stall(fried bee hoon, beef dried hor fun), soon kuey (next to rojak) è closed on sat frm 4pm, whole day on sun
b. If got budget : Ichiban sushi, crystal jade (now got steamboat buffet after 8pm, seafood additional charge. Current promo – yummy BBQ spring chicken at $10 for takeaway)
c. Coffeeshop beside tree temple : Ben zhen wanton noodle, malay food (tauhu goring), bak chor mee/laksa/fishball noodles (same stall), zi char stall (fish head curry)
d. Sweet talk bubble tea shop (opp the coffeeshop, beside singtel shop) : milo pearl, coffee milk tea
e. HDB hub (fu hua/watson row) : tiong bahru bao, koi bubble tea (pearl milk tea)
f. HDB hub (row hidden behind Watson) : tiong bahru chwee kway, trishaw laksa, 2 wanton noodles/roast meats shop, tiong bahru porridge, selegie tau hway
g. Blk 177 : goreng pisang, china stewed spicy duck tongue/neck/drum
h. Blk 79 : zi char stall (fresh frogs/crabs)
i. Coffeeshop near old ntuc : western food, hainanese stall

2nd Street Cafe is undergoing reno so Botak Jones has shifted to Lor 8, the coffeeshop near POSB atm machines, which also houses yet another branch of the famous lor 2 yong tau fu. Out of the 3, the one at blk 206 is the best, so says my friend who was brought up eating this yong tau fu, haha! The Italian eatery has moved to central, coffee shop by the new blocks (now not new anymore) opp the library, near the CC. The zi char there is quite nice too, and so is the duck noodles.

Lor 8 Ocean has moved to blk 93 coffee shop.

The market at lor 4 has nice kway chap at night. There's also nice wu xiang during the day.

Lor 5 has some new stalls but nothing outstanding, everything so-so. Thai is... cannot make it. The bak chor mee at the stretch behind also cannot make it... That's what I think. The nice bak chor mee that use to be at lor 5 before reno is now at lor 8, opp a tau huay shop.

Thanks j_foo
happy.gif

congrats Ivy. Hang in there, baby will be pleased to meet you soon.

Thanks for the long list of nice food in tpy.

the claypot rice in lor 5 also move to lor 8 market right?

the lor 4 BLK 85 bak chor mee move to the blk 51 lor 5 UNO steak house coffee shop. also in the same coffee shop is selling soon kueh, ang ku kueh branch from alexandra near the queens way shopping center.

the cod fish village long close down already. unless someone know where it moved to.

hi anyone have toa payoh Methodist church kindergarten PE attire Large size that is not used anymore? my girl just out grew the shorts and she's left with 1 year. don't really want to buy new one unless need to.

Hi, I'm new here!

I got a 16th months old kid, and now I am trying to find a playschool around this area. I glad I found this thread!! Any recommendation?

thanks citrella.

J foo cos blk 206 is the original hehe, the main sister in charge.

Claypot rice lor 5 din move.

Italian went block 79, the new central blocks.

hi jfoo,when plan to go back pg again?:p
Hi Ivy,congrate!B or G?
So ur elder in child care at MFS at TPY ctr?
So plan to put ur second in infatnt care too?

Hi Citrella,thx for the info...but i don thk is the ctr..just provide the nanny svc...
Btw, any mummies know any cake hse selling 1 kg cake with Superman design?

selling leftover mamypoko diaper. 2 bag x 50 pc unopen and 29 loose pcs selling all for $40. let me know if interested.

Hi WTS My First Skool girls uniform.
Worn A few times ONLY. In very good condition.
Top: size 28, bottom : size L
Selling the set @ $12.
Collection at Toa Payoh ONLY

newmommy,

its a boy this time, ya going sparkletot ifc in june.
my gal left mfs long ago, now at cherie hearts.

Hi 2 sets of preloved learning vision girl's uniform to let go.
Selling $7 each. Collection at TPY central only.
Pls pm me for photos.

I visited both NURTURESTARS and RAFFLES HOUSE PRESCHOOL at toa payoh.

Nurture Stars has a clean and bright environment. The classroom is very big and spacious. What I like about Nurture Stars is their food actually. They have nutritious meals like brown rice with spinach and steam fish.

Raffles House has both indoor (in case it rains) and outdoor playarea whereas Nurture Stars has only one outdoor small play area.

I didn't quite like the menu. I saw crabstick fried rice and fish and chips for their lunch menu. I am fussy and so far my child has taken all the healthy food, no salt, no soya sauce, moderate fried food and absolutely no processed food. I am kinda shocked to see they have ham sandwich for breakfast actually.

Other than that this negative point, Raffles House is a good place. Oh, just want to add, they even offer Japanese for 3 years old and above.

Does anyone have feedback / reviews about Young Talents Childcare? I am planning to visit there sometime.

I am still in the midst of searching for pre-nursery (3 years old) for my girl.

My girl is in Young Talents.
It's a small school.... 1 class each from N1 onwards.
No special curriculum except u have to add on $ for the enrichment classes....
My requirement is the cc has to be walkable distance plus my girl seems happy so I guess it's ok.

Sorry to be more specific...
Looking for preloved Ichiban Montessori girl's PE attire.
Size L , the yellow set for N1.
Price depending on the condition. Pls pm me. Tks

ANYONE KNOW ANY NANNY IN TOA PAYOH AREA??? please recommend.

Newmummy,

that time when i left was becos 30 kids in 1 big class was quite chaotic, heard from principal they change it. And heard from the mommies there so much better, seems quite good now.

My cheriehearts is at kallang sector, taking school bus everyday. Quite like the school too.

hi ivy,my boy currently in MFS in Kim Keat Rd there,also vy big class, abt 40 for nursery group!
No choice....

Btw, i plan to hire a maid,any idea indo or pilipino is better?

Back