TMC or PEH

ArissaFooJS

Hi need advise on which hospital to deliver. Preferably one with lower cost. Any mommies can give advise on which is better? Thomson or parkway east? I just went for parkway east touring last week ,the package fee is within my budget but not sure about thomson...

Hi @ArissaFooJS, just a check, is your gynae able to deliver at either of the hospital?

Actually, so far I read on the forum, the charges for the hospital are quite similar, you may want to refer to MOH for the pricing.

Anyway, I delivered in TMC via naturally with no epidural, staying in a 2 bedder. Total bill including GST about $4.1k, after deduction of medisave, I paid about $1.6k cash.

You may also want to give TMC a hospital tour and decide which one is more comfortable for you.

Hope this helps! :)

Hi @ArissaFooJS, just a check, is your gynae able to deliver at either of the hospital?

Actually, so far I read on the forum, the charges for the hospital are quite similar, you may want to refer to MOH for the pricing.

Anyway, I delivered in TMC via naturally with no epidural, staying in a 2 bedder. Total bill including GST about $4.1k, after deduction of medisave, I paid about $1.6k cash.

You may also want to give TMC a hospital tour and decide which one is more comfortable for you.

Wow so brave of you to go through labor without epidural.
My gynae deliver at both peh and tmc. Thank you for sharing!

PEH is one of the cheapest private hospitals around. Also, I think TMC is a bit crowded right now as they're rally popular. Their goodie bag is more attractive too.

Personally, I'll prefer one that is less crowded.

PEH is one of the cheapest private hospitals around. Also, I think TMC is a bit crowded right now as they're rally popular. Their goodie bag is more attractive too.

Personally, I'll prefer one that is less crowded.
Thank you mummy for your advise. Yea I think I more likely going Peh.

Hi Sarah

Is that bill including PD and baby's bill? Is that for 2 nights?

Thanks

Wow so brave of you to go through labor without epidural.
My gynae deliver at both peh and tmc. Thank you for sharing!
Hi, I just got a positive and am looking for gynaes in the east and preferably delivers at these 2 hospitals. May I check which gynae you went to? Any other recommendations?
Appreciate any info. TIA!

Hi, I just got a positive and am looking for gynaes in the east and preferably delivers at these 2 hospitals. May I check which gynae you went to? Any other recommendations?
Appreciate any info. TIA!

:) @Gerjelli15 CONGRATS!~

I'm staying in Tampines, so my gynae is Dr. Wong HF. He has his own Thomson Women's clinic here in Tampines, so it's very convenient whenever I need to go for my schedule checkup :)

Take good care of yourself meanwhile ;)

:) @Gerjelli15 CONGRATS!~

I'm staying in Tampines, so my gynae is Dr. Wong HF. He has his own Thomson Women's clinic here in Tampines, so it's very convenient whenever I need to go for my schedule checkup :)

Take good care of yourself meanwhile ;)

Thanks for your reply. I was considering to go to him as he really is the nearest but was afraid TMC might not be convenient in the long run. Considering Dr Natalie Chua at PEH.

Still trying to decide :)

I've seen Dr Natalie once, she comes across as more professional feeling as compared to Dr Heng who is more friendly and warm. Bot that Dr Heng is not professional but she is warmer and friendlier and I prefer her.

Anyway, all the best! =)

Well, we will see what happens when we meet her. Just got everything confirmed for appt.
As long as the feeling is right, and proper care is given, I think it's ok. Most posts i saw says she is quite friendly...

Thanks for your feedback and help! :)

PEH is definitely more value for money. plus more cozy and not as crowded feel.
i would vote PEH.

i personally not going PEH because hubby feels its too far from our home :(

Back