Tiong baru/telok blangah/bt merah 2006-2007 babies n mummies

hi ladies, my bp starts today,pls surf by to take a look, many thanks
happy.gif
happy.gif

good deals n free gifts included~
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/3157237.html?1256630511

hmm cos my boy doesn't know how to mix around with other kids, at Bethesda the class ratio is big therefore teachers cannot have much attention on him, and he doesn't enjoy going to school

JHS next term he will be one yr there, so far he likes this school though w a second one i have plans to put him in cc however we brought him to few ccs to see,he still say he wants JHS, so I will let him cont'd there at the moment

the teachers at JHS are caring and class ratio is small, curiculum wise also ok

where is capstone?

hello to all mummies,

Sherhino reporting here!

I'm a SAHM with 2gals aged 3 & 5. Both going to Capstone nxt yr.
Any kids going to that school as well in this thread?

Just shifted to this estate recently and hope to make new friends.

Hi Sherhino

Welcome! I have a 3 yr old boy, attending superland montessori currently. He just had the yr end concert at raffles hotel yesterday.

Which area u staying?

Hi I bless U,

I m staying at bukit purmei.What abt you? If near and u are a SAHM as well, can bring kids out and mingle :)

Btw my gal is born in nov. Your boy leh?

SheRhino, welcome to this thread. I also have a 3 yr old boy, like bless....

Bless, long time no "see" here. How are you?

Sherhino: I'm a FTWM staying near zion market. My boy is Feb'06

luvbabe: Ya lor, can't access SMH during office hrs.

Janice: Ya...quite nice. Have to pay money leh. $40 for his costume, $20 each seat that we want to attend. And they going to burn the video into disc (they hire videographer) and will sell to us $20 for the disc. Very know how to earn money hor! All the K1 & K2 kids can really sing and dance! I really salute them! They dance to the Marcarena song so steady!

Hi bless

how impressive to have yr end concert at raffles hotel!
happy.gif

haha... agree about the $$ earning thingy.. but i guess a lot of us have no choice when it comes to their school activities.

How is superland montessori? I enquire b4 and i think it has waiting list kind. Is the uniform white polo and beige pant? i saw some of my neighbours kids in these attire and thought they are from Superland Montessori.

hi bless

wow. so nice.
happy.gif
ya, else how to earn our monies? my fren's gal's school also asked them to buy the CD.

SheRhino
hihi welcome! ohhh u stay at bukit purmei ? i stay at teresa ville (just beside radin mas primary sch). i am a sahm too, come come lets meet up and have bubble tea or lor mee at bukit purmei!!
it will be so nice to have another mummy friend in the neighbourhood.
3209158.gif

hihi,

No wireless for a few days...wana die liao...

Hehe..my little girl will be very happy cos she always mixed around with her elder sis friends...finally she had her own!!!

Ester&Boys,

Yipee..you stayed so near and SAHM also. YESSsssssss!!

i will PM you my contact and we liase from there?

hihi mummies! It's been like almost a year since I logged onto SMH!

My gosh... I saw ester's boy's pics in the previous page. So cute! Does he have ur eyes?
Congrats ester! altho it's so belated... sorry.

Bless,
wow, yr end concert at raffles! oh yes, they really know how to earn money!!!

Mummies,
I'm taking my kiddies to watch Swimmy, Frederick & Inch by Inch - by Mermaid Theatre of Nova Scotia, Canada this Sat. They did puppet show for hungry caterpillar last yr and it was good. Not sure if there's still tix, but can try if anyone is looking for some nice activity this weekend
http://www.act3international.com.sg/theatre.htm

And Bear and Chicken, for kids aged 3 to 6 is coming back in march next year. So interested mummies can look out for this too.

Hmm... wondering what holiday activites there are for kiddies this year!

Anyway, just to share, I found a BP for swimwear with spf 50! Was so excited to find it cos all those nice swimwear with sun protection from those tanglin mall/paragon shops cost so much! Like $80+, Here like half the price. So I am so happy!!! And what makes me happier is her most convenient collection point is in bukit purmei!
Have been emailing the lady to order. At first i thot just buy 2, one for my big girl, one for the small one. In the end, I ordered 4! Hee hee

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/3206634.html?1257783514

oh, fitti premium is having promotion right now for home delivery.
just called and the lady said 1 carton (6 packs of 38) of L size is now $66. Minimum order 1 carton only. Promo is till end of yr if I'm not wrong.
I like fitti premium cos it's cheap at this price and I'm getting pampers premium/mamy poko quality!

isabelle
hey thanks thanks.. it has reallly been a long time i saw u here.
how are ur 2 girls? ur younger girl is how many mths laio?

i also dunno whehter my younger boy has my eyes, i think he looks more like himself. he is now 7 mths old laio!
3225384.jpg

hi mummies, been a while since I come to this thread too!

ester, sherhino> I am actually counting down to my delivery of my 2nd baby... will be having another boy, just like you ester! In fact, I'm left with 16 more working days and I will start clearing my leave and start my maternity leave.... maybe can meet for for kopi/tea and lor mee too! am on 4 days work week starting this week... so off every friday. anyone keen to go to the Motherhood Baby Fair at United Square between 20-22 Nov?

isabelle,

thanks for the ACT3 link. my gal is only coming to 2 yrs old. do u think i can bring her for the event?

isabelle,

ignore my msg. i asked the act3 directly. will bring her go for the show. thks once again for the gd lobang.
happy.gif

mist> yeah...me clearing leave, plus also planned to spend some time with Luis before bb comes..... You haven't been too active at the Jan MTB thread? When are you starting your ML?

ester&boys,

I had Pmed you again..Hope to rcvd yr sms/call soon :)

Luvbabe,

u arrange with ester&boys then we go out together. My gals not schooling so very eng.

Btw,wana check any swim school arnd this area and they have wkday classes??

luvbabe,

hahaha... me abit lost in Jan thread... too fast liao. cannot catch up.. ;)

Me work till i deliver loh... in jan...

sherhino
u know what, i realised i deleted ur email. cos my hotmail classified ur mail as "dangerous" and i accidently deleted it! please resend me ur contact to [email protected].
paiseh for the error! hope to see u soon since we stay so near i usually bring my elder boy, aged 3, to bukit purmei on evenings for walks. can let him know some new friends!

luvbabe
yes it wld be great if u can join us.

ester
wow so fast he's already 7 mths old! He's a handsome lil boy with very bright eyes!
My lil one is 14 mths old now and the elder one is coming to 3 and a half.

miorei
I'm gg to bring my younger one to watch it too cos I bought the 4 tix family package and I dun wanna leave her out...

luvbabe and mist
both of ur EDD in jan? Congrats! Heh, mebbe u ladies can try out the fitti premium NB diapers. Very cheap. Only 19 cents per diaper (haha me cheapo so that's how I calculate) I personally haven't tried NB I only tried M size onwards but no leakage when I left it overnite! So now I'm a Fitti premium fan!

UPDATE on fitti premium
NB52's / S48's / M44's / L38's / XL34's

"For mixing of sizes is 3 packs by 3 packs no more or less.
Payment will be on cash on delivery, we will call 1 day before
delivery to arrange timing. Limited to 3 cartons per customer, please note
there will be no refund or exchange. Price is $60 for NB - M sizes and $66
for L - XL sizes per carton, both promotions till
31st Dec for NB - XL sizes. Delivery
available on the weekdays only."

Email to [email protected] to order.

isabelle,

cool. the family pkg is v worth it but too bad only my gal and i going so cannot buy so many tickets. :p i hope my gal will enjoy the performance.

isabelle> thanks for the lobang... You know what? I have used Fitti Premium before and know the quality so I had already ordered a carton and stocked up more than enough diapers for this new born.... The good thing is that my elder boy is fully toilet trained so I saved $$ on his diapers and now start paying for the new born...

My EDD is Jan 2010 but have opted for c-sect so will have my op most likely on boxing day - 26 Dec itself...

Ester, yes...looking forward to resting and spending some time with Luis... Had been working long hours and felt guilty about not spending enough time with him... Will join you and SheRhino for the meet-up....

mist> yeah, i don't deny that the Jan thread mummies are really fast and quick with their topics but some of their topics are very interesting.... If I don't have time to read thru old posts, I didn't bother too but just participate on what they were chatting about at that moment... Do come in to join lah!

ester
the email is [email protected]
They will reply you to fill in your details and thereafter call you to arrange a delivery time and date.

wah luvbabe
u r really well prepared in advance! This time I'm gg to be smarter and stock up on the L size before the promotion ends. Last time I din know and they told me reverted back to normal price $87 per carton!!!

isabelle
fitti premium is really gd? i tried fitti basic b4, and it was so so only.
i also feel like gettin 1 carton , when i see u raving about it!
hey possible to post me 1 pc for me to test out? i only let my boy wear drypers so far.

ester> To me, Fitti premium quality is definitely much better than Dryers, Pet Pet, etc. but probably a par below Mamy Poko or Pampers Active lah but good enough at least for day use.... When Luis was new born, I was recommended to use Fitti Premium by my auntie and since those days, they had improved...So with this promo, i think it's value for $$ lah coz at Carrefour each pack is selling for $14.90.

isabelle> Yeah, for this new born, I have actually stocked up diapers till size M, with various brands, like Huggies Ultra, Mamy Poko, Pampers Active and Fitti premium....kiasu hor. My hb was screaming at me to stop buying liao coz no space to stock.... But then again, when cheap, I will have the urge to buy lor...since these are consumables.

ester
no pblm, just pm me ur addy =)
But I only have L size if u dun mind.

Why I think fitti premium is good:

Compared to Pampers Premium
1) PP leaks more often at nite compared to FP (which only leaked like twice since I started using it)
I put on FP from ard 8pm and it can last till 730am the next morning

2) Compared to Mamy Poko
I personally prefer MP to Pampers. But even with MP, when I dun wear a panty over it, the outside cotton tends to get all fluffy as it rubs over surfaces. But this doesn't happen to Fitti

3) FP is not bulky, but still very absorbent! (my BIL thot the thicker the diaper the more absorbent. But of course that's not always true we women should know best with our sanitary napkins hee)

4) comfy, doesn;t make any red marks on my baby's waist or legs.

So yep, I prefer FP to PP or MP in temrs of quality, though of course MP pooh pics r really cute! And at this price, of course Fitti Premium is a winner! hee hee

isabelle> wow, sounds like you really love FP.....My personal preference is still Pampers Active (the purple packaging one) but yeah, in terms of pricing, FP is a winner but hor, gotta stop the stocking up first lah.... hopefully they will have promotions periodically...

food processor
ladies, how do u all process baby food for babies below 1 yr old?
i dont wish to use a blender as i want some texture in the food .
any easy n cheap ways of processing it, so that its mashed up easily? Now i use a fork n blend the porridge , but it takes quite long , and a lot of effort.
there is this wean machine selling at the BP, but its quite pricey at $49.90! and not worth it, cos baby outgrow it easily

Hi Ester,

Re : food processor
Are u talking abt just the blending of porridge without meat? For super soft porridge, slow cooker will just do the job. For meat...I use to steam it and blend. Fish is eassier ..can just mash it with fork but for pork or chicken....tough tough to use fork, must use blender.

Hi Isabelle,

wow! u r a fan of FP. I'm a fan of PA (pampers active) since shannon's born. Didn't change any brand....used to have free gift of Fitti Basic but leaks n since then use PA. PA leak meh?? no leh...can hold quite a lot of pee. Leak i guess maybe didn't fasten tight enough? Hainzz...m failure to train my girl use potty. Tried but she fuss and tolerate not to pee till i put on diaper. Guess she is not ready.

jessica
how old is shannon now? randal was also not potty trained till 28 mths . i also lazy to train him la.. haha.. until one day, the teacher told me that all the kids in his class are potty-trained except randal and another kid!!! so i no choice but to train him. I just took off his diapers. for the 1st one week, he will pee on the floor, but i kept encouraging him to inform me b4 he wanna pee. After that he was ok already.

jessica
how is shannon's temper now? randal really noti n bad thempered these days! always bullying ryan, and wanna beat him, pinch him etc. really testing my patience

Hi Ester,

Shannon coming to 28mths old too
happy.gif
. I've trained her few mths back though successful pee on potty but only after few hrs! she's obviously trying to tolerate and kept saying wear diaper and cried! How do not let her wear diaper? She knows the concept of pee & poo in the potty or toilet bowl but refused leh
sad.gif
how ah? My girl can be stubborn at times.

ester,

Shannon's temper? aiyo..whenever I'm on the phone or talking to someone she don't know well, will make noise,screaming even talking to daddy face to face. My HB checked on interenet said is common on some kids as they want to seek attention. But u know, her screaming, voice so loud & sharp! Sometimes will lay flat on the floor to protest. Otherwise she is "guai guai". We have went to Taiwan for holiday lately. U may view at her blog
happy.gif
)

Back