Thomson Medical, Mount Alvernia, Mount Elizabeth Novena or Parkway East is better???

Hi I have heard from some friends to choose private hospitals over public or restructured ones but why ???

Is it in terms of better doctors, nurses, facilities, service, additional perks, complications, or crisis management ????

Pls advise on the above 4 Private hospitals based on any personal or friends' experiences. Thanks a million.

Hi I have heard from some friends to choose private hospitals over public or restructured ones but why ???

Is it in terms of better doctors, nurses, facilities, service, additional perks, complications, or crisis management ????

Pls advise on the above 4 Private hospitals based on any personal or friends' experiences. Thanks a million.

Hello mummy,

If you die die must stay in A ward (Single room), then your only choice will be MT E Novena, beco they only got single room.

If you very scare will have complication, then your best bet is KKH, beco in SG, if there are any preggy complication case in other hospital that they cannot fix, they will all tabao the patient to KKH to let them do it.

A lot of the local doctor who are practicing in private hospital today started their career in KKH, then when they feel that they are more steady liao then might decide to move into private practice and therefore work in private hospital. There are of cos plenty of senior doctor still left in KKH to steady their ship and provide guidance to newbiz doctor, they typically will have the rank of senior consultant or at least consultant and very likely be also dept head etc etc.

For price estimate, please go to MOH website, they publish very good and up to date figure for your consideration. Just take note that the figure there does not include any of the pre delivery check & scan & medication + post delivery visit too.

Every family is different, therefore all will end up choosing a different hospital/doctor that they feel will be best to fulfill all their needs. Your hubby and yourself should do likewise too. Ask for opinion of ppl you really trust a lot and hopefully these folks have personally experience the service at the specific hospital not too long ago. Do call up the hospitals and request for a tour of their facility, most hospital offer such tour. Attend and ask them as many question that you can think off. It will be very useful when it is time to make the decision.

All the best.

Hello mummy,

If you die die must stay in A ward (Single room), then your only choice will be MT E Novena, beco they only got single room.

If you very scare will have complication, then your best bet is KKH, beco in SG, if there are any preggy complication case in other hospital that they cannot fix, they will all tabao the patient to KKH to let them do it.

A lot of the local doctor who are practicing in private hospital today started their career in KKH, then when they feel that they are more steady liao then might decide to move into private practice and therefore work in private hospital. There are of cos plenty of senior doctor still left in KKH to steady their ship and provide guidance to newbiz doctor, they typically will have the rank of senior consultant or at least consultant and very likely be also dept head etc etc.

For price estimate, please go to MOH website, they publish very good and up to date figure for your consideration. Just take note that the figure there does not include any of the pre delivery check & scan & medication + post delivery visit too.

Every family is different, therefore all will end up choosing a different hospital/doctor that they feel will be best to fulfill all their needs. Your hubby and yourself should do likewise too. Ask for opinion of ppl you really trust a lot and hopefully these folks have personally experience the service at the specific hospital not too long ago. Do call up the hospitals and request for a tour of their facility, most hospital offer such tour. Attend and ask them as many question that you can think off. It will be very useful when it is time to make the decision.

All the best.

Hi aaa111, thank you for your useful reply.

I wonder how come you're so resourceful and knowledgeable? I tried several ways to check online but in the end I just got more confused and lost somehow. I will heed your advice and suggestions to check details over MOH website soon. Thanks!

Hello mummy,

Actually I am not knowledgeable at all. If you have the time & patient, you can consider reading all the thread in the Year 2016 section, I bet if you were to sit down and read for 8hours, you will be learn much from other mummy who I learn a lot from too.

MOH website data are median price which is very good for budget forecasting, personally I see zero value in seeing itemized bill because at the end of the day, I know that when I am presented the bill, I will surely be paying whatever amt they say I owe them.

I prefer to keep things simple beco live is complicated enough le.

Cheers

Back