Support Group - Endometriosis and Fibroids.

Hi there,
Came across your post. I had been trying for 16 months and got a chance to do a fertility check with Dr Steven Teo too. Thought we are in quite similar situation. The results shows suspected endo and was advised to do a lap. I don't have really bad cramps and lead normal life.

Now I'm in a dilemma if I shld proceed w a lap or continue trying.

Curious to know what's your decision and the result?

Chance upon your post ...

I think if time is not against both of u n ur hubby by all means can still afford to try...

But if yes I think should seek further advise of ways to improve the chances of conceiving.

N if doing a lap improve chances...y not give it a try ?

Hi everyone,

Just wondering does anyone know whether individuals with Endometriosis and fibroids can take Immunocal? I noticed some of the ladies in the ivf forum take this in place of eggs. Please let me know if anyone of you is taking this to improve egg quality. Thanks!

Hi aladin,

You may want to try Uncle Chan from Ban Choon Chan, in Marine Parade.

If you want his details, please private message (PM) me.
Hello!

Any idea if Ban Choon Chan is closed these few days? I've been trying to call but the line has been engaged and I've read that they usually close for a break around this time. Am wondering if anyone here knows from when till when they are closed this time round.

Thanks!

Hi everyone!

I am new here. I have a 5cm endo cyst in my ovary and am considering laparoscopic surgery. Want to switch to a new gynae.

Seeking for recommendations for a good gynae who is caring and can do laparoscopy on ovarian cyst. Thanks in advance =)

Hi everyone!

I am new here. I have a 5cm endo cyst in my ovary and am considering laparoscopic surgery. Want to switch to a new gynae.

Seeking for recommendations for a good gynae who is caring and can do laparoscopy on ovarian cyst. Thanks in advance =)
Hello, I did mine with Dr Tham Kok Fun 6 years ago. He is very nice, down to earth and charges are reasonable (for pregnancy I find him cheaper than kkh private).
The only downside is that he is very popular, so wait time is very long, and his counter staff are not exactly friendly.

May I know Dr Loh is from which hospital? I have endo and fibroid and I also wish to seek for second opinion.

he is at TMC. He did laparoscopy for me one year ago. In fact today is the anniversary. Stitching is good, I don't really feel any pain upon discharge. He is professional but long waiting time at his TMC clinic but I didn't wait long for the surgery though. He will be able to advise you and he isn't the sort to ask u to do unnecessary checks and procedures to earn more of your money.

May I know how much is the charges including the surgery and how many holes did he perform? Can I know where is your endo and how big is it?

Are u able to conceive after larascopy?

he is at TMC. He did laparoscopy for me one year ago. In fact today is the anniversary. Stitching is good, I don't really feel any pain upon discharge. He is professional but long waiting time at his TMC clinic but I didn't wait long for the surgery though. He will be able to advise you and he isn't the sort to ask u to do unnecessary checks and procedures to earn more of your money.

And may I know from your experience, how long in the waiting time at the clinic?

Thank you for your reply.

I got a terrible shock this morning when my tummy break out in great pelvic pain. 3rd day of menses. yeah last nite not much blood n I suspect all backflow.

Then I broke out in lots of cold sweat n suddenly my tummy bloated . Each step of walking I take is . At that point I really wan to say why bloated n painful til now.

Can anyone share whether u have such experience ?

hi all, its past half year since i done my lap surgery. but i have tugging feel at the place of the incision on my belly button.

do u all experience tugging feel too ?

no pain just tugging.

Today visited gynae n realise adeyomosis is already 10cm. Quite worried on its size. Anyone got same experience to share ?

Today visited gynae n realise adeyomosis is already 10cm. Quite worried on its size. Anyone got same experience to share ?
Do you mean cysts? Cos adenomyosis is on the uterus muscle.
Mine grew to 4-5cm and I removed it. From what I read from google, estrogen will support its growth. So I avoided soy (fermented is ok), royal jelly, epo, chicken wings (read somewhere it has high level of hormones) and danggui.

At that time I suspected it grew v fast within a year because I took soy milk for breakfast daily thinking it's healthy.

Anyway after removal I continued to avoid these foods in addition to tcm. It has been 6 years, so far so good.

Maybe you want to consider avoiding these foods while deciding the next steps.

Hi 2angels,

thank you for taking the effort to reply.
Yes the swollen womb is 10cm.

The year where I took soymilk with health supplement accelerated the growth of cysts. I oso scared within 3 months grow so much.

Worried cos i dun wan to take out whole womb

Hi, I'm new here. I just being diagnosed to have several fibroids in my womb. Since I do not have any symptom, so yah, I found it during my routine check up. My gynae gave me 3 options : 1. watch and monitor, 2. take new med to shrink the fibroids (just launched this early year), 3. go operations.

She said if I were a 50yo woman with same condition, she would ask me to watch and monitor. But since I'm on my progress to have babies, she suggest to go under knife.

After do some search (google), I found out many implications if woman whom never give birth before go under knife (esp in womb area), so I decided to go TCM.

Any recommended TCM mummies? Anyone can help?

Hi everyone, I need advise. Went for check up last week and gynae mentioned my uterus is enlarged. I feel that I keep have the urge of going to pee, monthly menses is usually delayed by 10-15 days. 2nd to 4th days more heavier but manageable by taking painkiller. End about 7 days. I had gave birth to 2 kids and gynae ask me to remove uterus since I had gave birth. Anyone can advise me? No medication, iron pills, epo and fish oil is given. I had visited Dr Chen mei er and she gave me medicine.

Hi everyone, I need advise. Went for check up last week and gynae mentioned my uterus is enlarged. I feel that I keep have the urge of going to pee, monthly menses is usually delayed by 10-15 days. 2nd to 4th days more heavier but manageable by taking painkiller. End about 7 days. I had gave birth to 2 kids and gynae ask me to remove uterus since I had gave birth. Anyone can advise me? No medication, iron pills, epo and fish oil is given. I had visited Dr Chen mei er and she gave me medicine.

Thinking to go see Dr Chen mei er as I have endometriosis and I had done 3 D&C for past 2 years. It really ruined my health as here and there pain. Still heavy menses with blood clots and pro-longed. Hope she can help me. Anyone know if she can cure patients with endometriosis? Thank you.

Hi dec mummy,

How big is your uterus ? Same as you I keep having the urge to go pee. Have you try taking the gnrh injection to reduce the swollen uterus? I m taking this jab now

Hi dec mummy,

How big is your uterus ? Same as you I keep having the urge to go pee. Have you try taking the gnrh injection to reduce the swollen uterus? I m taking this jab now

Hi sunbell

Gynae never give me any jab. Just prescribe me iron, epo and fish oil. What's the injection like? Who's your gynae?

Thinking to go see Dr Chen mei er as I have endometriosis and I had done 3 D&C for past 2 years. It really ruined my health as here and there pain. Still heavy menses with blood clots and pro-longed. Hope she can help me. Anyone know if she can cure patients with endometriosis? Thank you.

You can make appointment to see her but waiting time is long

Hihi ladies,

Happened to chance upon this thread when I am doing some research on my ovarian cysts. I have a cyst on my left ovary at about 3.6cm, believed to have cyst on my right too (but was not very visible during my last scan in NUH on last Thursday). They also discovered a polyp in my uterus. Doctor suggest to perform laparoscopy to fix all the problem. As I was currently not planning for any baby, he also suggested to put me on hormone treatment - Mirena (an IUD with hormone) to control my endometriosis condition. The gynea did explained and mentioned ovarian cyst will reoccurs as it is a back flow of the menses. So with this hormone treatment can reduce menses so to reduce the chance of getting ovarian cyst.

Any experienced mummies or ladies can share with me on the laparoscopy procedure? How is it like? And any of you had hormone IUD before? Quite lost, and not sure if I should take the hormone treatment or not. Seems like a lots of side effects.

Hope I can get more info from you all. Thanks for sharing in advance.

Welcome Back heatherwhite.

Think we spoke to each other many years back when trying for baby :) yes u are right . I m now taking GNC pine tree bark to help in the condition of mense pain. Still trying out. If is good will let you know.

Are u still trying ? Cos I know once inserted cannot reset one

Hihi ladies,

Happened to chance upon this thread when I am doing some research on my ovarian cysts. I have a cyst on my left ovary at about 3.6cm, believed to have cyst on my right too (but was not very visible during my last scan in NUH on last Thursday). They also discovered a polyp in my uterus. Doctor suggest to perform laparoscopy to fix all the problem. As I was currently not planning for any baby, he also suggested to put me on hormone treatment - Mirena (an IUD with hormone) to control my endometriosis condition. The gynea did explained and mentioned ovarian cyst will reoccurs as it is a back flow of the menses. So with this hormone treatment can reduce menses so to reduce the chance of getting ovarian cyst.

Any experienced mummies or ladies can share with me on the laparoscopy procedure? How is it like? And any of you had hormone IUD before? Quite lost, and not sure if I should take the hormone treatment or not. Seems like a lots of side effects.

Hope I can get more info from you all. Thanks for sharing in advance.

i havent asked doctor about this before but my colleagues have been telling me thet certain hormone treatments promote cysts growth instead.

i personally wont think its necessary for me to reduce my menses unless i faint or feel faint everytime from my menses then i will consider.

Welcome Back heatherwhite.

Think we spoke to each other many years back when trying for baby :) yes u are right . I m now taking GNC pine tree bark to help in the condition of mense pain. Still trying out. If is good will let you know.

Are u still trying ? Cos I know once inserted cannot reset one

Hi Sunbelle! haha... yes! We chat before! Thank you so much for remembering me! Yes, I am back... This time is with cysts issue! sob... You are as active as before! haha...
Ya, I also don't feel comfortable to go under the hormone treatment especially after I read some of the review on the side effects. But on the other hand, also hope I can control the cyst from returning and also my heavy and painful menses. Really in dilemma on this. How about the laparoscopy procedure? Do you experience it before?

Hi heather white,

I went lap before to remove blood cysts. Is a simple procedure n recovery is fast. U going for it ?

Hi which gynea are u with? Or any gynea can be recommended? I having fibroids and is growth to 8cm the biggest. Would like to seek a experience gynea

Hi all,

I am diagnosed with a 3 cm endo cyst in my right ovary and my gynae advised me to laparoscopy to remove it.

I'm seeing Dr Tan Yew Ghee at raffles hospital.

I just want to have a second opinion regarding my ovarian cyst. May I know which gynae are you girls with? Do you recommend him or her?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Last edited:
Hi hi
Glad to find this thread!
I'm 8 wk, looking for Gynae with good experience and track records for c-sect delivery. I have multiple fibroids and miscarriage recently, thus very worried about complications.
Any recommendations? Will prefer private practice.

Thanks v much :)

Hi hi
I'm 8 wk, looking for Gynae with good experience and track records for c-sect delivery. I have multiple fibroids and miscarriage recently, thus very worried about complications.

Dr Geraldine Tan from Thomson Women's clinic. Did e c-sect with her and her stitching skills are v good.

Hi all,

I am diagnosed with a 3 cm endo cyst in my right ovary and my gynae advised me to laparoscopy to remove it.

I'm seeing Dr Tan Yew Ghee at raffles hospital.

I just want to have a second opinion regarding my ovarian cyst. May I know which gynae are you girls with? Do you recommend him or her?

Thanks a lot in advance!
I did my cyst removal with Dr Tham Kok Fun at gleneagles. Would recommend him - he's down to earth and caring.

Hi hi

I have been referred to Prof Mahesh Choolani at Mt E Novena. He is well known for High Risk Pregnancy Care. I am seeing him for my heavy menses that has been going on for the last 20 days or so. A check revealed that I have an enlarged uterus and cyst on my ovary. He's sent me for multiple tests so fingers crossed nothing serious like cancer.:(

Thanks very much ladies!
I have just done NT scan and saw that i have fibroid of about 25cm... no wonder tummy is huge.
Fortunately baby is healthy and growing well. Hope fibroid will shrink soon.

Anyone with experience of fibroid growing during preg?

Hi ladies

Anyone know of uterine fibroids embolisation procedure?

Hi, am new to this forum. Anyways, I’ve down the fibroids embolization procedure in 2016. Unfortunately the fibroids did not shrink as much as I hoped for. So, I’m still living with the fibroids as part of me. Good news is I still managed to give birth to a healthy baby last month ! You can pm me for more information on the procedure if you want

Been ttc for 2 years and would like to seek yr advice:

I went to kkh for a hsg recently while my hub did the semen analysis with the hospital as well. The outcome looks ok except for 2 fibroids which the doc strongly advised me to remove.

Background: I had an ectopic pregnancy in 2015 and that was only after a mth of ttc. As the foetus wasn't "stuck" in any of my tubes, my tubes are intact till today. E doc who attended to me back then told me that while cleaning up the insides, she saw some fibroids lying in my uterus (partially protuding out to the uterus) which I might wan to consider removing. Her suggestion was for me to review this in 6 mths' time. If there was growth in the fibroids, I might want to remove. After 6 mths, the review showed that the size was relatively the same. Hence, she said I can just continue to try concieve but of cos, the option to remove the fibroids was still avail. I chose the earlier.

After 2 years of ttc with no success, i did this hsg and the doc raised the issue about fibroids removal again. I hv 2 (1 intramural/ submuscosal at 2.3cm and another submuscosal at 2.9cm). I don't really feel any intense pain for my menses despite having the fibroids which is a gd thing.

Is it really essential to remove the fibroids?? And is it a protocol for all fibroids to be removed before we can proceed with iui or ivf? Any one who had successfully reduced the fibroids' size? If your was managed through tcm, can let me know which tcm? Or anything that I can eat or do to reduce the size? I really don't want to go through the ops if it is not absolutely necessary.

Been ttc for 2 years and would like to seek yr advice:

I went to kkh for a hsg recently while my hub did the semen analysis with the hospital as well. The outcome looks ok except for 2 fibroids which the doc strongly advised me to remove.

Background: I had an ectopic pregnancy in 2015 and that was only after a mth of ttc. As the foetus wasn't "stuck" in any of my tubes, my tubes are intact till today. E doc who attended to me back then told me that while cleaning up the insides, she saw some fibroids lying in my uterus (partially protuding out to the uterus) which I might wan to consider removing. Her suggestion was for me to review this in 6 mths' time. If there was growth in the fibroids, I might want to remove. After 6 mths, the review showed that the size was relatively the same. Hence, she said I can just continue to try concieve but of cos, the option to remove the fibroids was still avail. I chose the earlier.

After 2 years of ttc with no success, i did this hsg and the doc raised the issue about fibroids removal again. I hv 2 (1 intramural/ submuscosal at 2.3cm and another submuscosal at 2.9cm). I don't really feel any intense pain for my menses despite having the fibroids which is a gd thing.

Is it really essential to remove the fibroids?? And is it a protocol for all fibroids to be removed before we can proceed with iui or ivf? Any one who had successfully reduced the fibroids' size? If your was managed through tcm, can let me know which tcm? Or anything that I can eat or do to reduce the size? I really don't want to go through the ops if it is not absolutely necessary.

My colleague found she got 9cm fibroid at her waist during pregnancy and she do feel some pain but she said is manageable so she didn’t do anything bout it..

One year after she delivered, she plan to remove it as her last year check up showed that her fibroid still at 9cm..

She told me that she went back last week again for check up per doc’s instruction (go back to check every 6mths), and doc told her that her fibroid become 6cm now!

She was so happy and thank me for introducing our fish oil to her as she didn’t take any other special food/medicine during the 6mths..

Another frien with fibroid and severe menses flow, the cancer marker for ovarian dropped a lot after our fish oil and oxygen extreme..

Back