Subsidy or non subsidy KKH

Pei En

Hi, would like to know more about the different between kkh subsidy and non subsidy patient. I am now under private, the fees were so high. Afraid if I ask for subsidy I will regret. Heard that subsidy will hv different doctor seeing me. During delivery also may be trainee doctor doing it. Is there any risk during delivery ?

I will share my experience..

I just delivered no2 on 23 Jun.

For both my pregnancy, I went to Polyclinic to get a referral, hence I am a subsidized patient at KKH. I visited KKH and did all the scans and blood tests until the detailed scan (which happened at 18w for no1, 20w for no2) usually at 20w.

After that I will take up a package with my private Gynae who runs a clinic at Kovan (near my home) package starts from w16 and cost $700 without supplements and any tests. But u get US and 3D scans. I will ask KKH for all my tests results and bring them to the private Gynae.

I did this bcos I do not have complicated pregnancies, no bleeding or cramps in the first trimester. So my HB and I are comfortable seeing different gynaes each time. Fees are usually half of non subsidized rates. And I believe KKH non-subsidize is still cheaper than what some private gynaes charge.

Also FYI, I did not do any OSCAR or Harmony Test, I heard those tests also cost a lot...

I will share my experience..

I just delivered no2 on 23 Jun.

For both my pregnancy, I went to Polyclinic to get a referral, hence I am a subsidized patient at KKH. I visited KKH and did all the scans and blood tests until the detailed scan (which happened at 18w for no1, 20w for no2) usually at 20w.

After that I will take up a package with my private Gynae who runs a clinic at Kovan (near my home) package starts from w16 and cost $700 without supplements and any tests. But u get US and 3D scans. I will ask KKH for all my tests results and bring them to the private Gynae.

I did this bcos I do not have complicated pregnancies, no bleeding or cramps in the first trimester. So my HB and I are comfortable seeing different gynaes each time. Fees are usually half of non subsidized rates. And I believe KKH non-subsidize is still cheaper than what some private gynaes charge.

Also FYI, I did not do any OSCAR or Harmony Test, I heard those tests also cost a lot...

Oscar is cheaper (around $300 to $400) but Harmony (equivalent brands) costs $1200 to $1500.

this is not my personal experience but one of my close friend.

She went through the subsidized route at KKH and was quite unhappy because everytime she goes for a checkup, it’s a different gynae and they don’t really know her history. So she was quite fedup and decided to change to a private gynae all the way till she gave birth.

but eventually, it's up to each individual needs and preference :)

Hi, would like to know more about the different between kkh subsidy and non subsidy patient. I am now under private, the fees were so high. Afraid if I ask for subsidy I will regret. Heard that subsidy will hv different doctor seeing me. During delivery also may be trainee doctor doing it. Is there any risk during delivery ?

Hello mummy, i am not sure but i doubt they will let a trainee doctor to deliver for you. When there is complication, the junior doctor will usually contact the senior doctor to come help them. Of cos, there is alsways a risk of a "try to be smart & refuse to seek help" type of clown doctor ya.

for subsidized kkh, is there gynae around to assist? found pretty scarry without gynae. i want to deliver natural with epidural. anyone went through such way?

Back