Stroller addict !

buggie

hi, are there mothers out there who can't seem to resist buying strollers .. and spend huge amounts of time looking at all kinds of strollers? and who love swapping strollers ?
happy.gif

heee.. yeah i love strollers too but hv to control if not my hb will kill me.. i hv peg perego, quinny, maclaren and lucky baby(thumbs down)... i still would like to get another maclaren!

I luv to window shop on strollers too! I only have combi and a 3.8kg umbrella stroller and they defnitely serve me well. W/O it, I wont dare to bring my ger out!

hi

i thot i was the only one...have a maclaren and a cheap korean brand... eyeing the twin strollers now cos have 2 kids.. really like the phil & ted one but so EX.

Hihi.... I have 2 kids. Guess how many strollers I have?

My hb bought a Maclaren when we had our first kid. My mom gave me a stroller too and she used it when she took care of my first kid.

When #2 arrived, we received another stroller as a baby shower gift. My mom also gave my #2 a new Capella stroller. Then one day they saw a twin stroller and bought it too.

Total 5 strollers.
crazy.gif

hehe.. cay mom, i lose to you! thought i was bad already... would like a twin stroller but only the maclaren type 'cos i find the long ones are just so hard to manouvre!

mommiesus, phil and ted is nice but so bulky!!

Catz,
Luckily three strollers are at my mom's place. If not, people may think I am crazy.
crazy.gif

One of the strollers at my mom's place is something like lucky baby too and I dun like it. The wheels are so rigid. That's one reason why my mom decided to get a Capella 3-wheel stroller for my 2nd kid. The capella is very spacious, steady with smooth wheels but it is quite heavy and bulky.

The twin stroller is tandem kind. I agree that most tandems are rather long. The one my mom bought is Mamalove and it is not very long. It is only slightly longer than normal strollers. My gal can lie in it comfortably whereas part of her legs will be sticking out if she sleeps in my Maclaren. The wheels are very smooth too.

i just can't resist it when i see a stroller i like..have to keep reminding myself that baby's going to be walking soon..i love maclaren ryder, techno XLR and volo..oh yes, phil and ted's beautiful too..oh dear ..is there a stroller annoynomous there i can go to?

Is maclaren that good? I am very tempted to buy last time but find it very heavy.
I dun think neither my mum or I can carry if we bring her out individually.

Hi,

I am using Graco stroller. I find it heavy too. Especially when using it on MRT, I got a problem with bridging the gap between the platform and the train. I notice that those light-weight jap brand eg combi n aprica dun seem to have this issue. Wonder if it's got something to do with their smaller wheels.

Any mummies here got no prob using strollers up and down the escalators? The wheels often get jammed even when the stroller is light ie without the bb in it.

1st stroller was a Lucky Baby, recommended be the Baby kingdom person. Used 2-3times, put up for sale!!! My then 1 mth old girl already sleeping on her tummy, only Maclaren Techno XT Lime Green able to serve to her needs. Around 8-9mth old, I got a Maclaren Volo Lime Green for easy travelling without my hubby.

Maclaren is a good stoller, sturdy. Unlike the Korean or Japan made.

hi mummies,

for my very 1st stroller, i wish to get a maclaren. which model is recommended? im a first time MTB . thanks.

I bot strollers not 'addicted' but to fit requirements .... started with those stroller with screws to adjust up or down, then had 2 light weight umbrella (1 was given) cos need to take bus. After that I bot a 3 position stroller cos son needed a napping place. I took him out without any stroller, too xiong to carry + shop so bot a stroller on impulse (was really lucky to make that buy cos it was a very lasting stroller with netted backrest n sides too, so quite cooling. Happen to be my most expensive stroller. It was kept till DD arrived 5yrs later.

Place this netted stroller at babysitter while tried to survive with a heavy Combi. Later, gaveaway as I acquired screw-type stroller. Then saw MasBaby 3postion stroller with big wheels on offer so dumped that 2mths old screw-type stroller (shld sell but I just left near dustbin). Den the handle broke cos I hang too much weight. Got a 2 position umbrella stroller from sis (tiny wheels n too low so hard to push cos got to bend a bit .... I'm only 1.57m tall!). Later decided to buy a 3position stroller cos it's higher + big wheels . Just purchased a Maclaren Major $500 for my girl - the most X among my strollers yet the lousiest buggy cos umbrella type got the tendency of falling backward when u r up an escalator (this 1 especially badly designed) or u hang something on the handle but later decided to take child out --> it will immediately fall backwards!

So anybody breaking my record of having 9 strollers/buggies!!

I felt the light weight Combi with push button to open/close is good .... the type IMM lend to customers. It could move easily with my girl who weights 14kg, except feet on floor liao cos big girl. Only 2 positions, cant fully recline.

thanks, everyone in here for making me feel normal! haha! i've only 1 stroller but gosh, you can definitely totally understand how hard i've fought off the thought of buying more!!! the best part is my daughter sits in it for only a few mins each time we use it! it then becomes a trolley...

I got 2 Maclarens and intending to get another one, before that I got 2 Combis, 1 Aprica, 1 Capella, 1 Mothercare 3 wheeler. I sold them all and stuck with Maclaren.

The Mac topples easily BUT we aren't suppose to hang anything on it, so now I only hang lightweight items.
happy.gif

My fav is Maclaren!! Easier to steer and also heavy-duty! Last and last. Hehe. And I buy all my Mac at very good price.

let's see.
for my first son,
hubby bought him a cheapskate umbrella stroller at garage sale. (very useful for short distant).
then hubby bought him a combi pram. (very smooth and light and easy to handle on escalator). but this stroller tends to fall backwards (happens too many times already when we hang heavy things or sometimes just an umbrella =( )
then his parents bought him a cheapskate $30 umbrella stroller for their house area usage.
then my parents bought him 2 cheapskate strollers for their house area usage.

ps- the cheapskate strollers really useful only for short distant. after that, i think it just not good for my son's back by the way he sit on it. hmph.

total = 5

for my daughter = nil. i just bought her slings. haha...

but i am looking forward to twin strollers. i like phil&ted's and yes it seems bulky but nice. i also like maclaren. spoilt for choice!

so anyone selling of phil&ted's?

hi!

any mummies have both a quinny and maclaren? i already have a buzz and LOVE it! but need another one for my parents place and thinking of getting a maclaren, but wondering if the "ride" is as smooth
happy.gif

Hi everyone, i am desperately looking for the phil & ted double stroller, anyone who is letting their preloved please pm or sms me at 81005937. meant for my twins and my other 2 years old.. taking them out on their single stroller is killing me and the double strollers that are side by side is hellious... is there such word, i dont drive normally on train and taxi... hope to hear from you guys soon

ah...

i am saved! i thought i was the weird one!

upl,
i am also constantly shopping for strollers!
Currently own a combi, a quinny zapp, and a maclaren techno XT 2006.

favorite is the maclaren. Folds well, weight is not too light, can go up escalators, and i can hang more heavy stuff then on the combi. I brought it with me all the time overseas, as it is a good compromise and has suspension. But, still don't handle so well on cobblerstone lah..

Combi, MIL uses it, good until 1.5 yrs old. i hate the thin wheels and it is too low and light. but very good when we are out alone with bb.

Quinny zapp, i love the look when fitted with infant car seat, but iz suitable for older bbs and indoor shopping as wheels are small. still can manage on escalators..

Now, i am aiming the P&T sports double stroller, bugaboo bee/ chameleon. In fact, am organising an overseas spree to bring it in at good price! Mummies interested, best PM me!

jasmommy
saw your PM on the BP, if i was going to have no.2 i'd definitely go for the phil & ted's, so much cheaper with your BP!
good luck with the BP, one you use your P&T or bugaboo, i think you won't look back
happy.gif
i bought a zapp for my mum's place but i am a little annoyed with it (because i have a buzz '08, which is much much better!) so i'm now thinking of passing it on.

if i had one piece of stroller advice, i would say, go for ones with tyre-like wheels, they make a world of difference
happy.gif

And I thought I was crazy...ahhaah. I have a Buzz'08 and love it as the wheels are big and very easy to maneuver.
Buying a Zapp from a mummie today for my mom and compact travel use. Thou I already left a mothercare umbrella stroller at her house, I really hate it.

And now, I am considering to get a jogging stroller to bring BB jogging with me. I only know of brands like Phil & Ted and BOB. Are there more affordable brands in the market?

to add on...i too have the ring sling, pouch carrier, cross carrier and recently bought a Beco Butterfly carrier. Am I obsessed or what? Hee hee.
kao_embarrassed.gif

piggy
haha u know, i was SO annoyed with the zapp (because the maxi cosi infant carrier is SO difficult to take out, and it's so hard to close the damn zapp), i'm selling it away and i bought a maclaren volo, which i'm really starting to love! easy to fold and very light weight, and mesh backing (but not the cheapo kind) for hot days and going to the park..

i thought the quinny speedi looks more jogging-type, but not v sure.

looks like you're a stroller and carrier addict! :D

Ya crazy mummy here hee hee...My first baby lah,she is 5months plus only. Gosh!! Soooo much to buy...cannot stop.

I was contemplating between Volo and Zapp but many told me that Zapp will be easier to maneuver than volo. So I decided to get it. Furthermore, I needed one that can fit the air-plane over head compartment.

Yes, speedi is meant for jogging. I just found a 2nd hand Jogger Stroller for $150 and m asking for further details....ahahaah.

Totally addicted!!

that is true, the zapp can maneuver better! and it can be zipped up into a bag, which can be quite convenient. are you allowed to put it in overhead compartments? thought they will always want to check it in for you at the gate..

jasmommy (sclaujas) - is the combi really so flimsy? I m thinking of getting well comfort TJC 300 for travelling purposes..any advice? i hv a maclaren xt but it's rather heavy, not sure if combi is worth the investment. my girl is 4 mths old
happy.gif

I am an addict! Got 5 strollers for my boy...First got a graco travel system - which is too heavy!
Then got a mothercare jogger, which i use as a jogger and I also got him a bike trailer hehe!!
Then I have a peg perego and now i just ordered a bugaboo from one the the mommies who organised
a bulk purchase hee...heard that the bugaboo is really user-friendly and i saw many positive reviews
on it. Really can't wait for it to arrive! ;p

i also have 5 strollers but i sold 3 away. first i got a "no-brand" stroller from my sister. second we bot a light weight combi (which i still using it), third is also a "no brand" stroller from msia but find it too big, fourth was a capella which i used it for a year and lastly a maclaren which i like the most. now only use the lite weight combi and the maclaren quest.

At present, my hse got 1 Maclaren, 1 Peg perego and a 3 wheeler. HB angry I stuff his storeroom with wheels.

Joy747, my experience for a 3yr old is if budget tight - MamaLove. Able to afford, Maclaren or Combi. 2 positions will be gd.

Hello. I am asking this question on behalf of my relative from KL. Is there such thing as a baby carrier that can be converted to a stroller (or vice versa) ? If yes, appreciate some leads on this. I am not a new mother...my girl is already 11 years old so I am very behind time and out of touch.

workingmom: i was looking into one of these recently too. but its from amazon, not sure if they ship internationally.

http://www.amazon.com/Frame-Child-Carrier-Convertible-Blueberry/dp/B0018DI9BA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1221108435&sr=8-1

I came across this just now when i was on my compulsive stroller buying mood (phew, i'm not alone!!!):

http://www.kidsmall.com.sg/stroller.htm

there's this Instep backpack stroller. I've seen someone used it inside a cruiseship, very cool.

i'm so glad i'm not alone in this compulsion to keep looking at strollers!!

Seriously, i used to laugh and scoff at the idea of spending so much on a stroller...but now....

i am very tempted by a bugaboo bee! But i just bought my Maclaren Volo...think hubby will faint if i suggest the bugaboo...

anyone can give a comparison between a bugaboo bee and mac strollers? any preference?

Hi i just bought a Quinny Buzz but i am looking for something lightweight to bring for our trip to Prague this Nov...Any suggestions? The latest Volo is really nice but can't recline though...sad

Hi
Just asking again...no one selling their Phil and Ted double stroller? Those who are using it ...pls share if there is any negative reviews...thanks in advance ladies...

Back