Staying sane while ttc

I am not sure if it is the side effect of progesterone but i have been feeling very very very depressed with the situation.
Can't help but i just couldn't stop thinking about this matter (ttc)
I am turning 32 this month and i really hope there is a good news for me...

been doing acupuncture, taking both chinese herbs and western medicine at the same time.
pcos, so doctor using provera + clomifene but clomifene but doesn't work.

like so much money wasted....

at the same time i also can't be taking mc/al just to heal my soul right...al and mc are both limited..

Last edited:

I am not sure if it is the side effect of progesterone but i have been feeling very very very depressed with the situation.

been doing acupuncture, taking both chinese herbs and western medicine at the same time.

at the same time i also can't be taking mc/al just to heal my soul right...al and mc are both limited..

U have been ttc for how long? Are you going to consider ivf? I have been ttc for 4 years and failed 1 ivf cycle (total 3 transfers). Just went thru another round of ivf cycle and going for embryo transfer this Friday (4th transfer) . Ttc journey is not easy, you need to have a positive mind and perseverance!

U have been ttc for how long? Are you going to consider ivf? I have been ttc for 4 years and failed 1 ivf cycle (total 3 transfers). Just went thru another round of ivf cycle and going for embryo transfer this Friday (4th transfer) . Ttc journey is not easy, you need to have a positive mind and perseverance!
You are very positive! Thank you for your words. I have been ttc for around 13 months.. ivf is last resort, but hubby keep saying dun do, i also can't read his mind.
All the best for your transfer!

You are very positive! Thank you for your words. I have been ttc for around 13 months.. ivf is last resort, but hubby keep saying dun do, i also can't read his mind.
All the best for your transfer!
Jiayou!! If we don't give up, we will get to meet our healthy baby soon :)

I started my ivf journey at age 34 and regretted not starting early. Am currently 35 and not giving up hope yet! Which Dr u r currently visiting?

Go for activities which make u happy, for instance watch funny drama, shopping, feasting, catch up w friends etc.

At times if you need to take AL or MC to get a breather from work, take. Ttc can be tiring especially if for some known or unknown reasons, it does not work out immediately. Good thing is 32 is still young! So don’t give up.
Been there done that on this journey so I know how tough it is. Hang in there!

i know how you feel. It's a total commitment and takes over your life. The best advice I received was just to go out and do activities as much as you can, especially after work if you can meet friends, binge watch Netflix, go for classes, etc. and try to live as normally as possible (in between appts and medication lol) It helps lighten some of the anxiety.

i know how you feel. It's a total commitment and takes over your life. The best advice I received was just to go out and do activities as much as you can, especially after work if you can meet friends, binge watch Netflix, go for classes, etc. and try to live as normally as possible (in between appts and medication lol) It helps lighten some of the anxiety.
Thank you, but it is hard to control our emotion, the thought of how painful it is to not be able to conceive fast and naturally like others is quite overwhelming

I feel you! As I will be officially 32 in 2 month's time, with PCOS too, ttc.

Feeling depressed is one of the symptoms of PCOS though (hormones which leads to mood swing).

We need to have strong mind to overcome the feelings (I felt the supplements worked too).

Communicate with your husband, family and friends, have some outings, do something which will make you happy!

Give yourself a time frame to try it out. Else, IUI and IVF seems to be the last resort (depending on when is the limit that you set for yourself to achieve the target).

Exercise if possible, try to eat more natural food than processed food, stay relax, perhaps write down every single details that you have been thru in this ttc journey, find someone who can give you supports to talk with whenever you are feeling down.

Jiayou, you are not alone!

I feel you! As I will be officially 32 in 2 month's time, with PCOS too, ttc.

Feeling depressed is one of the symptoms of PCOS though (hormones which leads to mood swing).

We need to have strong mind to overcome the feelings (I felt the supplements worked too).

Communicate with your husband, family and friends, have some outings, do something which will make you happy!

Give yourself a time frame to try it out. Else, IUI and IVF seems to be the last resort (depending on when is the limit that you set for yourself to achieve the target).

Exercise if possible, try to eat more natural food than processed food, stay relax, perhaps write down every single details that you have been thru in this ttc journey, find someone who can give you supports to talk with whenever you are feeling down.

Jiayou, you are not alone!

Thank you so much! Are you already pregnant now?
I also feel I always mood swing (and now I have PCOS/hormone to blame on) haha.

Currently just started my TCM with Ban Choon Chan, he is retiring soon. So let nature takes its own course ;)

Hi hi, I have been ttc for 2 years also. Will be starting IVF journey in a few months. Someone recommended that I go to Ban Choon Chan TCM. But from what I can find on Google, it seems his shop not always open as he is retired? May I know if I can make appointment? Thanks and best of luck to you! :)

(Married in 2010, baby in 2016.)

I think the correct mentality is important to stay sane and also to conceive eventually. You need to ask yourself how important it is to conceive. For most of us, it is very important.

Your work (most women work before having kids) will probably be a source of stress that is not conducive to conception. You might need to play that down. Or even take a break.

You also need to work on your own health. Eat well, exercise, supplements or TCM if suitable. If you have a known problem, you need time and effort to correct it. If it cannot be corrected, then you need the time and effort to do IVF. And money.

Your husband needs to be positive, like you. Esp if he has problems too.

Have a workable plan that maxes the chances for your available resources and stick to it. So if you eventually go to donor or adopt or give up, you know you have done your best.

Every time your menses come, know that you have done your best. Then prepare for the next cycle.

I really don't know how can all of you stay sane while TTC.it is not an easy journey and I am at the verge of breaking point again.

I am currently on GNC inositol (told by my chinese medicine practitioner to be good), started it after xmas and I managed to have a cycle on 8 Feb.

I am waiting for ovulation impatiently now :( pee on the sticks at least 2 times a day. And it's still not ovulating though I am on CD15. I am very upset and don't really wish to take pill to induce menses next month.

I exercise but doing 1200 rope jumping every night. Eat clean. Throw everything and change to organic. Putting on weight (I was slightly underweight)
It still doesn't seem to work. Damn fed up.

Success is no where in sight. I am fatter , uglier, and can't even lay an egg.

What a joke.

I don't think I perform well at work either

I really don't know how can all of you stay sane while TTC.it is not an easy journey and I am at the verge of breaking point again.

I am currently on GNC inositol (told by my chinese medicine practitioner to be good), started it after xmas and I managed to have a cycle on 8 Feb.

I am waiting for ovulation impatiently now :( pee on the sticks at least 2 times a day. And it's still not ovulating though I am on CD15. I am very upset and don't really wish to take pill to induce menses next month.

I exercise but doing 1200 rope jumping every night. Eat clean. Throw everything and change to organic. Putting on weight (I was slightly underweight)
It still doesn't seem to work. Damn fed up.

Success is no where in sight. I am fatter , uglier, and can't even lay an egg.

What a joke.

I don't think I perform well at work either
A lot of us break many many times in the ttc journey. I got married in 2013, started trying in 2015 and only succeeded in 2019 with 2 iuis and 2 ivfs. Breaking is an understatement for many months in my ttc life. One thing is for sure, being upset is definitely not helping either mentally, emotionally or physically although I also know how hard it is not to be upset after being disappointed month after month. For some people it takes months even naturally, afterall every month there is only a 20% chance of success. Otherwise seek help. Go see a doctor to just check and get some assurance if you are so fed up. At least understand if there is any issues and seek treatment if needed rather than just blindly doing and be dragged into a negative cycle of mental thoughts or worries.

I went through the point of feeling fat, ugly, unloved and infertile too. Eat clean, useless.Tcm, useless. Exercise,useless. Wah lau like everything also no use. But supplements and tcm take time. I seen my tcm for 2.5 years every weekly before succeeding with ivf. Takes a lot of grit though. Know that there are others with you and have been in similar situations. Talk to us if needed. Sometimes, the husbands just do not understand.

when you succeed, you will look back and know that all the worries were probably useless to help in anything except sink yourself into depression, like I almost did.

Back