Starting my first IVF tomorrow. Need advise

meganmegan81

Starting my first IVF tmr. I am very nervous. I am in my 40s and trying for first baby. Got my polypectomy done in March and then ding dong ding dong got my booster jab last friday. Gynae ask me when I want to start my ivf. I hesitated for sometime due to the cost and then this morning I casually told my hubby the gyane ask me when we want to start ivf. Hubby told me want to start quickly start don't wait le. So old no time le.

So I text the nurse say I want to start tmr. So tmr is prescribe, DHEA, Saizen and financial counselling.

Everything seem coming to me so fast. Nurse say the injection is like those diabetics injecting themselves like that, no pain and needle very small, etc.

Aye, I so nervous first time need to poke myself. I scared I half way 'run away' from the ivf process due to fright. o_O

Can share what is your experience when first time start ivf ? Do you get irritability or smooth smooth one ?

Like what some girls say, prepare for the worst hope for the best. My age, I also don't put too much hope., just want to reduce the regret next time when I look back and at least we tried.

I don't have IVF experience, but SO-IUI experience... No need to worry about injection by yourself, once you got the 1st day done (they will teach you when you take the medicine and you give it a 1st try there), you will be quite easy and cool to have the following injections done. I wont say like no pain, but... no pain, no gain! What to support for yourself --- is something you mentioned, no regrets at least you tried. It will be so good to fulfill own wish to be a mother.

I do not have good news yet but will be like trying naturally for the time being as BTO is yet to complete and a lot of issues faced with staying together with parents-in-law and sisters-in-law, so will prefer to have the house ready before I try SO-IUI again (Also, I tried once, so it won't be like, I didn't try for baby at all, I did my very best at the moment)

IVF got so much higher success rate, I wish you all the best! Jiayou!

Eat healthier and adopt healthier lifestyle ya!

Starting my first IVF tmr. I am very nervous. I am in my 40s and trying for first baby. Got my polypectomy done in March and then ding dong ding dong got my booster jab last friday. Gynae ask me when I want to start my ivf. I hesitated for sometime due to the cost and then this morning I casually told my hubby the gyane ask me when we want to start ivf. Hubby told me want to start quickly start don't wait le. So old no time le.

So I text the nurse say I want to start tmr. So tmr is prescribe, DHEA, Saizen and financial counselling.

Everything seem coming to me so fast. Nurse say the injection is like those diabetics injecting themselves like that, no pain and needle very small, etc.

Aye, I so nervous first time need to poke myself. I scared I half way 'run away' from the ivf process due to fright. o_O

Can share what is your experience when first time start ivf ? Do you get irritability or smooth smooth one ?

Like what some girls say, prepare for the worst hope for the best. My age, I also don't put too much hope., just want to reduce the regret next time when I look back and at least we tried.

Hello! I am also doing IVF. My 3rd fresh cycle. Jab wise is still okay, just pain for that few seconds when injecting. After that, you won’t feel anything already. I don’t jab myself as I don’t dare to see. So my husband was the one who jab me. No need scare. Jab for about 10-14 days only. Very fast one=) Jia you! You can do it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum

Everything seem coming to me so fast. Nurse say the injection is like those diabetics injecting to fright. o_O

good luck! I didn’t get much irritability but not smooth either. The bloat towards and post retrieval can be a bit bad. The needles are not too bad! I have done 2 rounds of retrieval, it is not that scary.

Back