SMH Scrapbooking Club !!!!

Mummies... I want to say this..

Time really flies!!! My maid took out the Christmas Tree last week. And it reminded me how it was last year when we had the tree up too. One year flew past just liddat!!! Unbelievable!!

Last year this time we were busy making and raising funds for a good cause right??

Mich!: Hey! I was just thinking of you!! We have telepathy!
Good question! Hmmm.. I dunno..
I took up a studio package for my family. So I have some photots to scrap now. Heheh.. This is a good way to re-start the engine.. And I'm seriously thinking of joining Melody Ross' online class too.. Hmm.. Can't decide..

hi all... been missing for so long from this thread.. ehehehee...

just saw that MWL bring a friend promo is extended! What's the benefit of being VIP ya? any VIP wanna bring me there? kekekekekee...

Oh ya.. anybody happen to have any spare class voucher for december? Feel like joining a scrapbooking class on dec to get my engine going again... thankkkssss :D

3As, I was in a mixed media phase earlier...bought canvas, watercolour crayon, glimmer mist etc...even thinking about oil paints. But didn't manage to get started!

Pipinana, I've the Laines $80 class voucher (for 2 classes signed in Nov/Dec). PM me.

Yeah, I also saw the MWL promo...if there's any VIP here who can bring me along...PLEASE DO!

haha, am thinking of getting the Sizzix Big Shot machine leh...to make cute boxes...hmmm, any views? I already have the Making Memories Slice, which is quite fun to use...

wah...time really flies !
So glad to "see" everyone ! I miss the buying-chatter, raising funds and the LOs sharing.

Kaimom, me too lah ! I attended Sharon's bag class..so excited, bought gesso, fabric etc.
The stuff still in "cold storage. Die-cut machine, I still resisting :)

3As, you bought paints ? or paintings ? :)
I played with MM paints, gesso, resist stamping, glimmer mist(all time fave) but that's about it.
No tips lah, just DO it...play and have fun.
I think probably Ming can offer some advice.

MWL friend-promo: Firstly, must understand their loyalty programme:
http://www.madewithlove.com.sg/loyaltyprog.htm
SFL can only make friend be SAS (not SFL).
I am SFL so can bring friends
but unfortunately now school holidays I can't make it down town so easily but I think many SFLs here :)

I miss the chatter and sharing of LOs too..

Kaimom: I also want to attend the class. Saw Medrey's 2 mini album. So cute. Don't mind attending, else I'll try to figure out how to make it myself. *cracks my head*

MichL, Kaimom: What is gesso? But yah, I've bot the paints, brushes and canvas. Going to start soon. Maybe tom. Haha..

Kaimom: I remember you talked abt the boxes before and your hubby said it's cheaper to by the boxes than make them yourself.
I never regreted getting started on the BS. Other than making boxes, you can make plenty of other stuff. Speaking of which, I am spreeing at www.sizzix.com now. Still a bit to go before free domestic shipping. Let me know if you wanna get anything.

MichL: Bot paintings, for the house. Damn expensive. So was telling hubby maybe I shd start to paint. It's abstract art - no one can say it's ugly or wrong. :p

Wow...
Suddenly so much news to update.
Think everyone busy with work n kids.

I need to buy something for Joann, anyone keen to join?

Spring,
Reserve 1 slot for me.

3As, my "painting" is really just splattering paints and glimmer mists (and sometimes stickles) all over. If splatter until not nice, cover with embellishments. LOL =X

Wow wow... this thread is alive again
happy.gif
so nice
happy.gif
I also started scrapping le... very random... really want to start catching up on my gal's album coz i kinda stop when i got pregnant and want to start on my boy's album... but hor, with 2 kids really difficult to stay awake after they slept man... randomly have been doing some projects for my desk not much layouts though... Let me just share this shadow box that i just made recently...

4794681.jpg

Pipinana, I've not heard from you and some others have asked about the class voucher. If I don't hear from you by 5pm today, I'll be passing the vouchers to them.

hello gals, good to see everyone here again. I've stopped for 2 months, hope to pick up real SOON!!!!

I've almost the whole set of GESSO paint but I havent try, think I got it late last year!! Guess I'm still not ready for the mess or vintage look.

I'm a SFL member and now I work in Suntec, easy for me to go MWL!!!!

3As, so true about abstract art hahaha!
I like Ming's "strategy" too !
Show us your work.

Gesso : use as primer for fabrics and canvas etc so we can paint on them after the gesso dried.
Ann, glad I am not the only one with un-opened Gesso ! LOL !

Amy, nice fun colours on your shadow box!

Amy,
I can't stay awake after the kids turn into bed. So lack of sleep!

Paint
Anyone have any idea why my paint is dried up even though is BN ones? I tried adding water but the next time I wanted to use is dried again. Ended up in my dustbin!

babyrainbow
u added water to ur acrylic paint? dun think u can do that cos it is an oil base paint leh... u add water it will try up...

even when ur arcylic paint fries up can still use wor...

Jellypurin
Yes I add water. Cuz I read up can add water. It will be watery but the next time it dried up again. So sad when I first open my first paint it dried up...
I threw it away after a few attempts
sad.gif

MichL: I finished my first canvas! I wasn't painting anything in particular. Just squeezed some paint on my palette and starting covering the canvas.. Hahah.. Can't show it here lah. Don't want to scare everyone away. :p

BBrainbow: Yah, can't add water. I made that mistake before too.

BBrainbowz: Now that you've added water, I'm not sure if there's any remedy. Else, what I do it use the paint brush to dig into the bottle of paint and continue using..

Hi Jojo,

Me want!!! Tried to sms you yesterday but no reply. Wondering if i smsed to the wrong number... I going to post on the thread today. You think can close spree by today? Want to catch the sale price. Think ends tonight...

Hey
Me and 2 other friends going for 1 class in Laines. I have only 1 class voucher to share with 1 friend. Anyone taking only 1 class so we can share the discount for my other friend ?

Got some questions..

1) Type written text - Can we use AC cardstock to go into the printer?

2) Anyone tried embossing on glossy cardstocks or canvas?

3) What medium is used in photo transfer?

3as
1) can, but u need the smooth type. if you use the ones which are embossed, your print may not be so clear but still can be done

2) i had embossed with canvsas but u need to put weight on the canvsas, later fly away ... cant over heat, though. mine shrank... so u may wanna do it over a certain height

3) what do u mean by photo transfer?

ha ha i am turning blind and deaf to sales on SB. walk into paper market without buying.

Last week at Laines , only got 1 thickers and 1 stickers which I want to add on to the class layout ha ha

Lenny: Thanks for answering..
happy.gif
Hey, I haven't finished all my stuff from the previous MR warehouse.
sad.gif
Can't buy this time round..

CL: Paiseh. Kaimom is giving me one of her class coupons too. And my friend and I will be attending the Masterpiece class. Dunno why I always ended up choosing her classes. She's very fast I find. No chit chatting fun.. :p

2As
it is ok I got the coupons i needed.

Masterpiece is who ? I always chit chat in class leh.

I had a great time having lesson with Kaimon & MIng last friday

CL: Sharon.. I chose her class for the techniques taught. But most times, after the class, I can't remember the techniques cos I went through the class in a rush!
sad.gif

Which class did you girls attend?

3as
I love Sharon class I usually go for layout. Initially wanted to go collection with kaimom then I know I take long long time to complete altered art so give up

Going with 3 other friends for ds ink on 22 dec

Jelly: Effectively this is only 5% discount from before.. Cos we have to pay for shipping (which is slightly more than 10% usually). Still better than nothing true.. I've just finished 2 batches though.. :p

Hey re using AC cardstock to print text, do you cut the pp into A4 sze?

CL: I've been going for mini album classes all this while.. Very jialat.. Have half-done mini albums all over.. :p
But I tell myself, it's ok ler.. SB is a hobby, I just do whatever and whenever I have the mood for, so long as I feel glad after that, it's fine. There doesn't have to be a dateline or target.. More importantly, I'm using up stash, which is always a good thing right?? Heheheh..
happy.gif

3as
what do you have ming and your list now? if the discount is applicable for 3 of the same then maybe you can share what is on your order list and we can order together if we are interested in the stamps? just a suggestion
happy.gif

Back