Single Mum Support Group

Mumtobe2020

I am a single mum with 4 months old baby and would like to meet some mummy out there who are in the same situation as me. It will be good to make some friends and offer support for each other.

To be honest we can never be ready. Hehe. So you already have your confinment lady in place? Mine was trapped in Malaysia so i end up having none.

Yes, true. Everyday is a new learning day. Haha.
My mum will be helping me to do my confinement. Oh no, then how you manage? Order food in?

Oh then you are lucky to have your mum to help! I learnt as much as possible during my stay in hospital and ask my friend. Yes, i have to order confinement food.

Hello to all the amazing mummies here! I'm a single mum with 2 boys and I've always wanted to connect with other similar single mums out there to provide the support too! Cos I've been through it and understand that it's not easy to raise your kids all by yourself, and I hope through my own experience, I'm able to share some valuable tips to all you strong ladies!

Anyway, this is my 1st baby post on this forum and this thread caught my attention so hope to connect with many more single mums here! But I reckon I wont be using this forum frequent so if anyone who's keen to link up, can always feel free to drop me a hello @ 87493451! :)

Friend sharing this, hope it do give some help and support to the single mum here.

Dear Mummies,

A group of kind donors wish to help single mothers out there through this difficult time. Providing some form of assistance to SINGLE MUMS ONLY with children age 2 years and below. Please be genuine.

They are looking to bless at least 50-100 goodie bags, each consisting of the following :

1) Kind sponsorship from Johnson and Johnsons :

- Classic powder 500g twin pack

- Messy times baby wipes 80s triple pack

2) $50 NTUC vouchers

Families entitled to receive this goodie bag will require to meet the following criteria :

- Blue chase card holder, if not please provide other documentary details evidencing hardship

- must be single parent

- baby has to be 2 years old and below.

All items will be hand delivered by them to the selected recipients by end of October.

Should you know someone in need, please share this link. Thank you! May God bless all the kind souls contributing to this project. ‍♀️❤️

Pls use this new link below :

Hi All;
I am single mum of 4, residing at Tampines. I have 3 girls and 1 boy. The girls will be all in secondary school next year, and boy in P4. If any single mum here needs help or advice, can email me at [email protected]
It is not easy to deliver a baby esp if it is the first one, just remember to free your mind and just concentrate on breathing when you are on the delivery bed, push only when the contraction comes. Follow the midwife/doctor instruction, they will guide you when to push harder. The pushing strength should be gradually, save some strength for last few push. I did not opt for epidural jab for all my 4 deliveries and thanks god that all 4 were delivered naturally.
Meanwhile, eat well and sleep well, if you need someone to talk to, please do so, don't keep it. I can be your listening ear if you have no one to turn to. I am a full time working mum, but i will try my best to reply.
Have a smooth and safe delivery, girls!

Hoping to adopt our second baby/ Open adoption

Hi all
We are a happily married couple who have adopted our first child and we love our child more than we have ever imagined.
The joyful parenting experience has made us very convinced that
-we want to adopt more children and provide them with lots of love
-our love for children is regardless of genetics, race or skin color. Our first child is of different race from us, and we have never felt a biological child would be better than our adopted child. In fact, we felt grateful and blessed that we did not have a biological child, otherwise we would never have the chance to meet our adopted child and we would be deeply regretful instead.

We have researched extensively on the emotions of adoptee children. As they grow up and understand the concept of adoption, it is a complex emotion for them. Having siblings who are similarly adopted will help them support each other as they navigate the complexity.
We are pro open-adoption and enjoy having regular interactions with the biological mother and for her to have a relationship with the baby. We will, of course, follow the biological mother's wishes as to how open she wants the future interactions to be.

Our parenting style: we are a hands-on couple in taking care of our child and do not outsource upbringing of child to domestic helpers. We shower, cook, feed, read to our child on our own. We encourage our child to be brave and focus on learning through playing. We love outdoors and often bring our child out for hikes, swims etc to enjoy nature and sports activities.

If you are considering to place your baby for adoption, pls contact me if you like to chat more about us and our adoption experience
[email protected]

Hi all,

time flies and life has been crazy busy taking care of the little one:)I hope to relive this chat again to meet the single mum out there to share the experience of parenting.

Back