September 2016 Mummies!

Any one is now at the stage for Oscars or Harmony test? I cant decide on which test to take..
Am 31 yr old n was a smoker before this..
Anyway, any recommended app to download to track the bb development?
Thanks..

Hi. Usually above 30, it is recommended to go for an Oscars test although it is not compulsory. For my first, I took the Oscars test because I just wanted a peace of mind or to prepare myself mentally if there is anything. Also, as you used to be a smoker, you may want to just go for it for a peace of mind.

For apps, I used babycentre for my #1. It's not bad especially as it provides simple details on baby growth. Sufficient enough for me to read before I go to sleep and if need be, I will use the info and google further. :)

Anyone dealing with bloatedness/low appetite/gastric reflux?

My first pregnancy was worst than this and I relied quite heavily on medications. Trying to avoid relying on medications this time.
Care to share any effective remedy to reduce/rid of these?

I can even barely finish a plate of chicken rice now when I used to be such a big eater. :'(

Hi all, i will be doing prenatal yoga at Space & Light Yoga Studio at vivo. Reason being i have my hot yoga package w them which they allow me to change if doctor gives the green light to start after first trimster..

Yes i am arranging for a Oscar scan soom, after cny!

Thanks !Contemplating between Dr Goh and Dr BenjaminTham from TMC now.
Anyone with Dr Tham?

i'm with Dr Tham! I already went for my 1st consultation last week..
he is nice and friendly like what the forum mentioned..
but as he has quite a lot of patients, you gotta be prepared to wait..
my appointment was 10am in the morning (which i thought i would be one of the first few), but i still had to wait for about 45 mins outside the room..

Hi. Usually above 30, it is recommended to go for an Oscars test although it is not compulsory. For my first, I took the Oscars test because I just wanted a peace of mind or to prepare myself mentally if there is anything. Also, as you used to be a smoker, you may want to just go for it for a peace of mind.

For apps, I used babycentre for my #1. It's not bad especially as it provides simple details on baby growth. Sufficient enough for me to read before I go to sleep and if need be, I will use the info and google further. :)

I was above 30 when i conceived my #1 but i didn't do the oscars test. What actually happens during the Oscars test?

i'm with Dr Tham! I already went for my 1st consultation last week..
he is nice and friendly like what the forum mentioned..
but as he has quite a lot of patients, you gotta be prepared to wait..
my appointment was 10am in the morning (which i thought i would be one of the first few), but i still had to wait for about 45 mins outside the room..

Hi hi! I have been researching and more or less decided on Dr Ben Tham,. Didn't know his waiting time is so long though. I will try to make 9am appointment and see if the queue is any better.
Do you mind sharing how much was the initial consult and what is his package like?

When are you due ? You are choosing Thomson? Read somewhere he delivers in Mt A too.

Hi hi! I have been researching and more or less decided on Dr Ben Tham,. Didn't know his waiting time is so long though. I will try to make 9am appointment and see if the queue is any better.
Do you mind sharing how much was the initial consult and what is his package like?

When are you due ? You are choosing Thomson? Read somewhere he delivers in Mt A too.

I'm due first week of sept! Yup choosing Thomson cos its near my house. First consultation i paid about 290 plus in total cos on top of the urine test and scan, i also had to pay about 40 plus for Duphaston (Dr Tham prescribed cos i've been having very bad cramps)
He didn't prescribe any supplements for me cos i told him i already have my own folic acid and he thinks its not necessary to start on DHA/calcium etc now.
His package will start from week 12.. its 900 bucks if i didn't rem wrongly..

Anyone dealing with bloatedness/low appetite/gastric reflux?

My first pregnancy was worst than this and I relied quite heavily on medications. Trying to avoid relying on medications this time.
Care to share any effective remedy to reduce/rid of these?

I can even barely finish a plate of chicken rice now when I used to be such a big eater. :'(

Same here. It is so bad that I am losing 1kg per week. I am not taking any medicine but I try to eat small frequent meals and always walk around for 5 mins after eating instead of sitting down. It kinds of help and I skip very acidic food.

I'm due first week of sept! Yup choosing Thomson cos its near my house. First consultation i paid about 290 plus in total cos on top of the urine test and scan, i also had to pay about 40 plus for Duphaston (Dr Tham prescribed cos i've been having very bad cramps)
He didn't prescribe any supplements for me cos i told him i already have my own folic acid and he thinks its not necessary to start on DHA/calcium etc now.
His package will start from week 12.. its 900 bucks if i didn't rem wrongly..

Thanks! Just called them to make an appointment on 17Feb. Managed to get a 9am slot.
Confirmed with them its 900 before GST :)

ok thanks everyone.. I will choose one weekday then.
now is time to choose gynae.. those package mentioned is consultation + scanning until deliver?
this is my #1 and I yet to share the news with my friends... so only can seek advise here to see which gynae is good.

hi dreamstar,
usually package is only for consultation and basic scan only.
depending on gynae some starts at week 12, some week 19 etc. so any other check prior to that is additional.
some gynaes do include vitamins in their package.

I am seeing Dr Ben Tham. Has quite a good reviews but I have not met him personally yet. Switched form my previous gynae because he was too rush during all the consults.

hi dreamstar,
depending on gynae some starts at week 12, some week 19 etc. so any other check prior to that is additional.

I am seeing Dr Ben Tham. Has quite a good reviews but I have not met him personally yet. Switched form my previous gynae because he was too rush during all the consults.

thanks grapa! I just need some basic ideas and perhaps I should start figuring out more and book my first appt with the gynae..
pretty nervous and I am worried that I've got a false positive from the test stick. lol

thanks grapa! I just need some basic ideas and perhaps I should start figuring out more and book my first appt with the gynae..
pretty nervous and I am worried that I've got a false positive from the test stick. lol

Not to worry. I tested 3 times just to be sure i am pregnant. haha.
First using the Clearblue pregnancy test kit, then the Clearblue ovulation test kit (cos of the smiley face), and again Clearblue pregnancy test kit WITH weeks indicator.
Then book an appt with my old gynae the next day just to double confirm again.
:D

Does anyone have ms? I'm already nauseated since last week (not sure how far along I am since my period has been irregular). My appetite is not bad, but not everything appeals to me. I get hungry very easily and hunger pangs feel so bad, like I can't be hungry for too long it's unbearable. My last pregnancy doesn't seem as bad.

Hi everyone! New here.. Just tested positive 5 days ago. Im 33 this yr with 2 children, girl 9yrs and boy 3 yrs this yr.

Initially had mixed feelings. Was happy and sad at the same time. Sad mainly cos im afraid if my toddler was still too young and im afraid if i will spend less time with him once bb is here.. Hubby told me nt to stress it out so here i am, feeling pretty excited!☺️☺️

Nice meeting all of u here!

HI lovely ladies, I got my positive last Sunday. Today, visited poly clinic to confirm. I'm in my 5th week. I'm 30 and it's my first pregnancy. My sister in law in India suggested me to start progesterone. I didn't have any miscarriage in past. She's an OB. I have little cramping sometimes. SIL suggested to go for bed rest till week 6 for safe side. Did you get this suggestion from your OB just because you're 30?

HI lovely ladies, I got my positive last Sunday. Today, visited poly clinic to confirm. I'm in my 5th week. I'm 30 and it's my first pregnancy. My sister in law in India suggested me to start progesterone. I didn't have any miscarriage in past. She's an OB. I have little cramping sometimes. SIL suggested to go for bed rest till week 6 for safe side. Did you get this suggestion from your OB just because you're 30?

Hello, 30 is the new 20 ya. :)

Honestly i doubt any gynac will order bed rest just because you are 30 yrs old. Usually ppl who are given the complete bed rest are usually in the riskier group or/and the tests done warrant such an action.

Cheers

Hi Nemat Bano,

I agree with what aaa111 said. In my case, it is recommended bed rest as much as possible for my next pregnancy, as I have a history of recurrent miscarriages. However, my friend, she conceived when she was 35 years old or so, she continued to go to work until she took her maternity leave, as she is not in the high risk group.

hi dreamstar,

grapa, I am also seeing Dr Tham! Just visited him yesterday, went in earlier because of my previous miscarriage. He was very happy with baby's growth and heart rate :) He was also very patient with me during every consultations, and he knows I am very paranoid, but still, patient hehehe.. Maybe we will see each other some time later.

I think if you could schedule a visit to your gynae, it would be better. I remember previously when I had slight cramping, my gynae prescribe Duphaston to be on the safe side. Bed rest usually only when cramps + spotting. But they would also recommend you to take things easy (relax) when you have slight cramps. It's not because we are 30 :)

Not to worry. I tested 3 times just to be sure i am pregnant. haha.
First using the Clearblue pregnancy test kit, then the Clearblue ovulation test kit (cos of the smiley face), and again Clearblue pregnancy test kit WITH weeks indicator.
Then book an appt with my old gynae the next day just to double confirm again.
:D

Actually my first test with the cheap pregnancy test was negative. Test again few days later was positive!
But still unsure because I don't have much symptoms yet besides bloated stomach (could be I ate too much :p ) and needing to pee.
Can't wait to see gynae to confirm...

grapa, I am also seeing Dr Tham! Just visited him yesterday, went in earlier because of my previous miscarriage. He was very happy with baby's growth and heart rate :) He was also very patient with me during every consultations, and he knows I am very paranoid, but still, patient hehehe.. Maybe we will see each other some time later.

That's good to know!
My previous gynae was the quick quick rush you out type. But that time I still young then not much issue with pregnancy so just stick to him.
Now older liao must be more cautious :D

hi.. i tested positive on tuesday.. and seems unable to get any doctor on night (don't feel like applying leave) :p
btw i stay hougang and any gyane to recommend? thank you!
Hihi,
I am seeing dr phua at Kovan cux I stay Punggol. Online reviews were very good on him, one of my Fren delivered by him too. I can't commend anything cuz I only seen him for once. Seeing him again Nx week.
Hope this helps.
Cheers!

went to see Dr woo at Punggol plaza.. confirmed and saying this is my 7th weeks. but we do think this is only our 5th weeks... hmm
anyway, scheduled another appt after CNY to confirm the EDD..

any comments on Dr woo? I am still hesitating whether to look for Dr Goh SL...

went to see Dr woo at Punggol plaza.. confirmed and saying this is my 7th weeks. but we do think this is only our 5th weeks... hmm
anyway, scheduled another appt after CNY to confirm the EDD..

any comments on Dr woo? I am still hesitating whether to look for Dr Goh SL...

Hello,

I have horrific experience with him, He deliver my 1st child. I am not willing to revist the painful & frightening episode, but i am 101% convinced that none of my close frens and family who know what i went thru will use his service even if it is FOC.

Then again, i must be fair to him that i have read on forum many mummy rave about his service/price etc, in fact that was the reason why i chose him in the first place, looking back, it is one of the worst decision that i made in my life.

I do not know Dr Goh SL and therefore will not comment. I also do not which to reccommend you any gynac because this is my only my 2nd preggy, i do not reccommend anything that i have not personal use before. for the record, I do not work in the medical field and none of my family member are doctors.

All the best. jia you.

Back