September 2016 Mummies!

Hi all,

I just went for my first scan at 7 weeks. I got a shock of my life when the obs did an abdominal scan and couldnt find anything. But the vaginal scan picked up the cute little fetus with its heart beating away. Actually I would suggest not going too early, because it's really a bad feeling to not be able to see anything on US, and there's really nothing much we can do about it except eat healthily, stay away from alcohol and stuff. My obs did warn me that the risks of MC are very high until the first trimester is over which is 6 more weeks for me!!!!!!!! Crossing my fingers and hoping for the best!!!! I am a bit more paranoid for this pregnancy because it was more difficult conceiving this time than with my older child.

how is your ms mummies? mine has been very bad coupled with faint spells n giddiness.

my food aversion is even worse i cannot keep anything down the stomach. can't take the hunger and stress aymore and went to kkh 24h to get some meds for anti nausea but it dint seem to help at all...

anyone as bad as me? i feel so weak and useless now... T.T
Hope u are coping better now. Were you given maxolon ? I had bad MS in my first pregnancy and found that maxolon didn't work at all but ondansetron did wonders. Also try to force yourself to have small frequent meals otherwise the nausea gets worse and worse.

Hi all,

I just went for my first scan at 7 weeks. I got a shock of my life when the obs did an abdominal scan and couldnt find anything. But the vaginal scan picked up the cute little fetus with its heart beating away. Actually I would suggest not going too early, because it's really a bad feeling to not be able to see anything on US, and there's really nothing much we can do about it except eat healthily, stay away from alcohol and stuff. My obs did warn me that the risks of MC are very high until the first trimester is over which is 6 more weeks for me!!!!!!!! Crossing my fingers and hoping for the best!!!! I am a bit more paranoid for this pregnancy because it was more difficult conceiving this time than with my older child.

Yes I agree! I am also more paranoid for this pregnancy though my #1 is already 2 years old :)

@leilamummy I think should be ok. I used to take fruit juices from foodcourt (that looks clean) for my #1. Try not to get fruit juice from hawker centre, because not sure if it's less clean than foodcourt.
@dewyjul Try to rest more and have smaller meals. Hope you feel better soon!

I just feel like sleeping all day.. ; (

how is your ms mummies? mine has been very bad coupled with faint spells n giddiness.

my food aversion is even worse i cannot keep anything down the stomach. can't take the hunger and stress aymore and went to kkh 24h to get some meds for anti nausea but it dint seem to help at all...

Hi fellow mummies

Im currently 8weeks, EDD 1st September,gng for my 2nd scan next week.

Till now, i have no major discomfort or ms symptoms at all... Feeling so unreal, looking forward to next week scan for updates n progress :)

I have yet to chose any fixed gynae yet... shall finalise after my 1st trimester next mth...:)

Me too. I am so afraid of lunchtime cause I cannot take the smell of what my colleagues are eating. And worst part is, I can't let them know yet! It's hard to find food that I can eat and I feel hungry ALL the time.

Me too. I am so afraid of lunchtime cause I cannot take the smell of what my colleagues are eating. And worst part is, I can't let them know yet! It's hard to find food that I can eat and I feel hungry ALL the time.
yahhhh i feel hungry ALL the time too! :( but there's nth much i can eat... today is a little better though! im waiting for my screening now.. hoping to see or hear a heartbeat!! excited much!!

Hi , Friends ,
I think I might be pregnant. Test positive at home on 16-Jan-2016 ..... what should I do next ?
I want to confirm the result and would like to check there is no ectopic situation , since this is the first time ... a little bit worried.
Please give advise

Thanks & appreciated

Hi all, I was tested positive on Guardian test kit on 14th Jan and I went on to do my HCG test and reading shows 109. I have booked my first gynae appt on 29/1. I have been having cramps for quite some time (before I even know I am pregnant), but there is no blood. Initially everyone was saying its implantation cramps but I'm at 5w1d now.. Still implantation?

Hi Inxherxeyes,
May I know how is your experience with Dr June? Is she from KKH private? I am expecting my first baby and we are looking for a female gynae in KKH. Thanks. :)

She is a great gynae. But because she is a senior consultant, she has alot like really alot of patients. My husband was very fed up over the long waiting time. We ever had an appointment at 2pm. But only managed to see her at 5pm!!! Other than that, she is a skillful doctor and she is very motivating during my delivery.

Hi , Friends ,
I think I might be pregnant. Test positive at home on 16-Jan-2016 ..... what should I do next ?
I want to confirm the result and would like to check there is no ectopic situation , since this is the first time ... a little bit worried.
Please give advise

Thanks & appreciated
Hmm Hi Alrale123.
Im a first time mummy too . Once i tested positive i went and book an appt with my gynea to scan. Thou it was not much but definitely money well spent! At least it assure me and doc gave me some multi vit and folic to go with it . So i'll say just go and scan and give urself assurance !

Hi , Friends ,
Please give advise

Thanks & appreciated

Hi alrale123, I'm also first time preggie. Booked my appointment with gynae on feb. Don't wanna go through the vaginal scans so hopefully it'll be the tummy scans. I don't feel any symptoms though so sometimes I ask my hubby if I'm really pregnant. Lol! Don't be worried. Get it checked and I'm sure you'll be fine :)

Hi alrale123, I'm also first time preggie. Booked my appointment with gynae on feb. Don't wanna go through the vaginal scans so hopefully it'll be the tummy scans. I don't feel any symptoms though so sometimes I ask my hubby if I'm really pregnant. Lol! Don't be worried. Get it checked and I'm sure you'll be fine :)

Hello,
Below certain weeks of preggies, the scan will be via vaginal. If are sure you do not want vaginal scan, you should try calling the clinic and ask the nurse, i believe they will be able to give you a rough idea.

Cheers

Hello!
First timer here too. I went to Gynae yesterday due to discomfort and got the news. EDD is in September. I was totally unprepared and felt so worried because I was not eating much due to the extreme bloatedness. However, I felt so much better after reading through this forum!

Me too..nw in week 8,not much symptoms.... feel abit unreal....
Looking forward to next week appt. :)

Hi ladies. Just test +ve yesterday. This will be my #2. I have a mc before my girl (now 20months) and another mc last april. Keep my finger cross this little one will stick till 40 weeks. My 1st appt 11 feb with dr chen at chong pang. :)

Anyone going for Oscar, Harmony, Panaroma and Amnio scan? These are optional tests and i am really blur blur whether to take or not to take.

Anyone going for Oscar, Harmony, Panaroma and Amnio scan? These are optional tests and i am really blur blur whether to take or not to take.

Hello,

If you have time, read all the posting inside the Aug 2016, Sep 2016 & Down Sydrome thread. These test have been discuss a lot within the past few weeks. Have a read and i hope it will be helpful to your understanding & thereafter decision making.

Cheers

Ya me too.. Very blur with these....I am 34, like a bit risky if not doing is it?

Hello,

If you have time, read all the posting inside the Aug 2016, Sep 2016 & Down Sydrome thread. These test have been discuss a lot within the past few weeks. Have a read and i hope it will be helpful to your understanding & thereafter decision making.

Cheers

She is a great gynae. But because she is a senior consultant, she has alot like really alot of patients. My husband was very fed up over the long waiting time. We ever had an appointment at 2pm. But only managed to see her at 5pm!!! Other than that, she is a skillful doctor and she is very motivating during my delivery.
Hi Inxherxeyes,
Thanks very much for the info. :) I am currently working half day in the morning so I think I can afford some waiting time. My husband said that if the doctor is good, he don't mind to wait. We will arrange an appointment to see Dr June in Feb after CNY.

Hello!
First timer here too. I went to Gynae yesterday due to discomfort and got the news. EDD is in September. I was totally unprepared and felt so worried because I was not eating much due to the extreme bloatedness. However, I felt so much better after reading through this forum!
Hi Jkjl,
Don't worry too much. I am first timer here too. My husband and I were unprepared as well when we knew that I am pregnant.:) You must try to eat well and eat more healthy food. I hope that you will feel better soon.

Hello mummies to be :)

Was reading all the posts. I am a "late bloomer" mummy to be. Tested positive a few days ago using tons of pregnancy tests to confirm hehe, am 4 wks pregnant now and edd shld be end sept. I was diagnosed with pcos and successfully conceived using clomid in the first cycle.

It's my first pregnancy, hope to gain more knowledge from everyone here and also thru fb/whatsapp! My email add: [email protected]

Cheers

Me too..nw in week 8,not much symptoms.... feel abit unreal....
Looking forward to next week appt. :)

Same leh.. Even though this is not my first pregnancy, I don't feel much symptoms, except super fatigue.

@auraci I also had a miscarriage last year before this one. So gan cheong and worried. Hoping for the best! :)
@ SereneSee @fortunecookie I am also 34 this year! By the way for my 1st child, I took Oscar (was 31 that time). I think this year my gynae will suggest me to do Harmony, in case of false readings. U can speak to your gynae and see which is better.

Same leh.. Even though this is not my first pregnancy, I don't feel much symptoms, except super fatigue.

@auraci I also had a miscarriage last year before this one. So gan cheong and worried. Hoping for the best! :)
@ SereneSee @fortunecookie I am also 34 this year! By the way for my 1st child, I took Oscar (was 31 that time). I think this year my gynae will suggest me to do Harmony, in case of false readings. U can speak to your gynae and see which is better.
Hi cherrycheries,

I am week 7.5 and am having mild nausea and extreme fatigue. I have a full time job and by the time I get home I am too tired to play with my first child. I am considering taking leave to rest at home for a few days while my MIL takes over my child.

Hello mummies to be :)

Was reading all the posts. I am a "late bloomer" mummy to be. Tested positive a few days ago using tons of pregnancy tests to confirm hehe, am 4 wks pregnant now and edd shld be end sept. I was diagnosed with pcos and successfully conceived using clomid in the first cycle.

It's my first pregnancy, hope to gain more knowledge from everyone here and also thru fb/whatsapp! My email add: [email protected]

Cheers
Hi there. I was with pcos also. I gave up clomid and i start eating bai foong wan. Surprisingly for the positive result coz i tot mens late juz coz im not ovulating so nv care much...

Hi cherrycheries,

I am week 7.5 and am having mild nausea and extreme fatigue. I have a full time job and by the time I get home I am too tired to play with my first child. I am considering taking leave to rest at home for a few days while my MIL takes over my child.

Ya maybe you should take a few days off if you can! I work from home, but I stopped work for a week already because I just am very tired. The first few days were ok, I still can manage some work. Recently, I can sleep in the morning + afternoon (about 4-5 hours in total per day), and sleep around 10pm at night. Wondering if it's normal lol...

Hello all! Today did my first scan! 6w6d measuring 8mm! So happy can see my beanie and HB. My next appt 3 weeks later. But I'm experience bad ms. And I still got no appetite at all. :(

need suggestions...was thinking see kkh under subsidy first then after 20 weeks then switch to private, is there such practice?

Back