September 2016 Mummies!

If it helps, I didn't gain any weight in my last 2 months since my gynae told me to cut carbo for two of the appts so baby will be healthier. I started taking oats daily so that it's more filling (only realising it's also a milk booster so it's a plus for me!), snack on healthier stuffs like fruits and nuts. I still have my cheat foods like chocs n cakes on date nights with hubs but no weight gain. Baby's weight gain still went up healthily and almost a mth old now. :)

I gained 10kg in all and lost abt 7.5kg when I weighed myself during first week follow-up with gynae

Thanks for sharing. I try to snack healthily (eg. apples, yoghurt, plain biscuits) but sometimes really cannot resist eating those salty tidbits (maybe craving for msg)...so I buy mini packs of tidbits instead of regular packs to control how much I take each time..lolx :p
Main food sin these days is ice-cream I think....keeps popping up in my head.
I think another vice is my food portion and I dun feel as full if I didn't eat carbo. :oops:

Hi all mummies-to-be,
Since we're on the topic of healthy eating, just a reminder to eat less carbs or eat smaller portions if possible. I did my Glucose Tolerance Test last week and have just been told that I have GD :( I tend to eat quite a lot of white rice and recently had cravings for pastries and breads, sweet stuff like chocolate and ice-cream, so could be why. FYI I am actually petite-build and was told I was a little underweight pre-pregnancy but still have GD now (just to share that not necessarily obese people will only get it). So we really have to watch our food intake during pregnancy as the raging hormones can really affect our internal system :eek:

Hi all mummies-to-be,
Since we're on the topic of healthy eating, just a reminder to eat less carbs or eat smaller portions if possible. I did my Glucose Tolerance Test last week and have just been told that I have GD :( I tend to eat quite a lot of white rice and recently had cravings for pastries and breads, sweet stuff like chocolate and ice-cream, so could be why. FYI I am actually petite-build and was told I was a little underweight pre-pregnancy but still have GD now (just to share that not necessarily obese people will only get it). So we really have to watch our food intake during pregnancy as the raging hormones can really affect our internal system :eek:

*Gurp* My turn to take the glucose tolerance test on 11-Jul :eek:
Now that you mentioned it, I think I will try to cut down on the carbs and sugar.

Hi there, checking in after following the forum for few months now. Could I please be added into the fb group? My edd is 10-sept ☺️ Thanks in advance. My e-mail is hoongmooi[at]gmail[dot]com

P3riwinkl3, mine glucose test is also 11 July. Quite worried, coz I noticed that GD is on the rise nowadays. :( I have been trying to cut on anything sweet and eat healthy ever since beginning of this month, but occasionally eat black chocolate and sweet tea/coffee and white rice during lunch break.
Just hope for the best.

P3riwinkl3, mine glucose test is also 11 July. Quite worried, coz I noticed that GD is on the rise nowadays. :( I have been trying to cut on anything sweet and eat healthy ever since beginning of this month, but occasionally eat black chocolate and sweet tea/coffee and white rice during lunch break.
Just hope for the best.

Good luck to both of us.
I find it quite difficult to say no to white rice and sugary stuffs...haiz
I just try to drink more water after I take something sweet, hopefully the water will help to dilute the sugar in my body and flush it out....not sure if this will help.

Hi there, checking in after following the forum for few months now. Could I please be added into the fb group? My edd is 10-sept ☺️ Thanks in advance. My e-mail is hoongmooi[at]gmail[dot]com
Hi is there a facebook group for this community? My EDD is 10Sept. Kindly add me: [email protected]
Thank you very much!
I've just sent invitations to both of you! Check your email inbox for it.

Just a little whining post... I'm sooo sleepy. Sleepy, lazy and totally demotivated to work. Everything I do takes ages. So difficult to concentrate and results in mistakes. I'm like a walking zombie. Luckily I just sit at my desk and nobody disturb me other than via email. :)
Sometimes I feel like I'm gonna faint anytime or close my eyes and zzzz away immediately. 3 more days to survive till Saturday.

Anybody else a walking zombie here? :)

I've always been a zombie going to work, regardless preggy or not...lolx.
Just that now my battery drains faster. Usually I don't take a nap during office lunch hour, but now I take about 15mins nap and I can KO during that time. By the time I need to re-start, I feel damn slpy.

Side track to baby's movements...
Not sure how my baby is moving inside my bump...but recently she seems to be fidgeting a lot.
She was fidgeting the whole day yesterday. My bump looks like a jiggling agar-agar every time she starts fidgeting, like water rippling on the surface of my bump...lolx. My hubby is equally amused when he saw the jiggling.
I like the look on his smiley face when he gets to feel the baby's movements... usually the baby will stop moving when his hand is on my bump and he will look damn disappointed. :p

wow, your baby is so active.
Mine is a little lazy ass (maybe also in zombie mode?) - mostly moves at night, after 12mn till early morning, about 6am. After 8am he's asleep again and sleeps till evening.

Hmmm...my baby seems to be active every time I'm awake/active. She seems to slp only when I slp cos that's the only time I'm not feeling her. Even when I wake up to pee at night, I can feel her soft knocks....or when I change slping position, she will also make her presence known. I'm not complaining abt it cos at least I know she's ok :).
Probably the only time she's less active (but definitely not slping) is during mid-morning and mid-afternoon, when her movements are more sporadic. Seems like she's really going to be an active monkey baby o_O.

Mine is similar to P3riwinkl3's. She wakes when I am awake and I feel her throughout the day. At night she will sleep when I sleep and I will feel her move a little when I wake up for toilet or change position.
Btw, do you find it difficult to change position at night? My pelvic or hip area is usually quite painful at night.

Pelvic area not really...but I feel some on/off aches at my waist area when I change position. If I had been slping on my left, the ache will be on my left when I turn. Vice versa for right side. I think it's because the bump weight is straining whichever side I'm slping on, so when I turn, the muscles will ache at that area.

Another pain I felt is at my knee joint. Usually I will place a pillow between my knees, but if the pillow moves and my knees come in contact, after sometime I will wake up with a super painful knee (whichever knee that was being pressed on). It feels like a bad knee cramp or blocking of blood flow. I have to slowly reposition/stretch my knee to ease the pain.

my baby-boy is definitely the opposite of yours - Elm & P3riwinkl3: he only moves when I don't move. :) sometimes at work, when I sit still at my desk for a long time, he gently starts to move, reminding me to move around. :) and once I walk - he fall asleep again. Wonder if it means that later I will have to rock him or carry all day long for him to sleep well??? :)

As to the night pains, - so far I sleep quite comfortably. Actually I sleep like dead, so cannot really remember any discomfort through the night and only when I wake up sometimes the belly feels very heavy on one side (usually right), coz baby moved to the utmost right. or sometimes my hands fall asleep and it takes time to bring them back to life.

My tailbone back-pain subsided, and now only hurt occasionally and only when I rest on right foot. Must be coz bb is resting on the right side?

my baby-boy is definitely the opposite of yours - Elm & P3riwinkl3: he only moves when I don't move. :) sometimes at work, when I sit still at my desk for a long time, he gently starts to move, reminding me to move around. :) and once I walk - he fall asleep again. Wonder if it means that later I will have to rock him or carry all day long for him to sleep well??? :)

As to the night pains, - so far I sleep quite comfortably. Actually I sleep like dead, so cannot really remember any discomfort through the night and only when I wake up sometimes the belly feels very heavy on one side (usually right), coz baby moved to the utmost right. or sometimes my hands fall asleep and it takes time to bring them back to life.

My tailbone back-pain subsided, and now only hurt occasionally and only when I rest on right foot. Must be coz bb is resting on the right side?

I am definitely with you on this, babe. My baby only moves when I don't move, especially at my office desk! And I sleep like a log even though I am on my 30th week now. Sometimes its because I'm only hoping when he pops, that he loves to sleep like Mom and Dad haha!

Maybe it goes to show that baby boy is more bochup compared to baby girl...lolx
Baby girl more kaypoh...so everything the mummy is doing, she also must be involve.

I am selling my pre-loved Medela Swing Single Electric Breastpump for $100 (neg). See attached pics. Used only 3 months and still in tip-top condition. Some accessories are not used. PM me if interested.

Attachments

• rps20160711_130717.jpg
    rps20160711_130717.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 146
@Lititia , I managed to pass the diabetic test today...how abt you? Still ok?

Went to clinic this morning at 8.30am to draw 1st blood & collect urine after fasting overnight.
Drank the syrup (tasted like very sweet sprite with a bit of gas).
Waited 1 hr to collect 2nd blood+ urine.
Waited another 1 hr again to collect 3rd blood+ urine.
Clinic called in the late afternoon to inform me my results are ok.:)

Baby is now ~1.2kg as of W29+3d.
Also confirmed with my gynae......my elective c-sect is on 14 Sept.:)
Hope your results are favorable too!

Hi P3riwinkl3, congratulations!
Wow, so lucky to know the results on the same day.

Mine will be out only in a week time and they will call only if the results are bad. So I hope never to hear from them again. :D

My test procedure was slightly different (possibly depends on clinic?) - first they draw blood, then gave me a drink, after I finished they recorded the timing and asked to come in 2 hours for second blood test. That's it. They never tested my urine for glucose.
Did they inform you of your sugar level results? Just curious how much is withing norm.

The baby weight was around 1.5kg at W29+1d. The doctor said it's normal, though I checked online charts and looks like he's on the bigger side. Possible because my hubby is a big size? Anyway, I heard that weight is just a rough guess and sometimes there is an error of a few hundred grams, so I haven't started worrying yet. :)

During yesterday ultrasound there was a funny moment when we found the baby face and he was sitting with his eyes wide open. :D I thought it's normal, but nurse was quite surprised, she mentioned that normally bbies like to keep eyes closed. Then he blinked at us a few times, very cute. :))

Hi P3riwinkl3, great to hear you passed your glucose test and that you have confirmed a date for the arrival of your baby girl :)
Hi P3riwinkl3, congratulations!
Wow, so lucky to know the results on the same day.

Mine will be out only in a week time and they will call only if the results are bad. So I hope never to hear from them again. :D

My test procedure was slightly different (possibly depends on clinic?) - first they draw blood, then gave me a drink, after I finished they recorded the timing and asked to come in 2 hours for second blood test. That's it. They never tested my urine for glucose.
Did they inform you of your sugar level results? Just curious how much is withing norm.

The baby weight was around 1.5kg at W29+1d. The doctor said it's normal, though I checked online charts and looks like he's on the bigger side. Possible because my hubby is a big size? Anyway, I heard that weight is just a rough guess and sometimes there is an error of a few hundred grams, so I haven't started worrying yet. :)

During yesterday ultrasound there was a funny moment when we found the baby face and he was sitting with his eyes wide open. :D I thought it's normal, but nurse was quite surprised, she mentioned that normally bbies like to keep eyes closed. Then he blinked at us a few times, very cute. :))

@Elm & @Lititia , thanks! Although I managed to clear the test, I will still watch my diet...I don't wanna get too heavy myself and regret not being able to lose the excess weight post-pregnancy...lolx
And nope, I wasn't told the readings for the glucose test. The girl who did the test just took my blood and urine. Think she's from Quest Laboratories Sg. (outsource by my clinic). After that the clinic receptionist just called me to say my results are normal.

Lititia, I think baby boys are definitely heavier. So 1.5kg sounds quite reasonable. I think those online charts are referencing more towards baby girls (using lighter weight as baseline). My girl's weight seems to be on par with the chart I'm using (+/- 50g) o_O can't be so accurate leh...I still think she's a bit too light, prefer her to pack on a bit more meat...I like chubbier babies :p

Same here, I also will monitor the diet no matter what the test result is.
However, I promised myself and my husband to treat us a piece of chocolate cake if I pass the test. :) that will be my little indulgence after 2 month of sweets restrictions. And then back on diet again. haha

I think the bb weight is quite subjective. After some online research I figured out that it cannot be measured, but only calculated based on bb measurements, circumferences etc. So, I tried to calculate online using my ultrasound results and got the result of 1.280kg instead of 1.5kg.
So i guess it depends on software they use to calculate and on accuracy of their measurements. Your girl's weight sounds perfectly normal.

And the funny thing that my own weight was measured quite inaccurately! :) Before glucose test it was 57.3kg (which is actually less than during 6 weeks ago appointment) and during ultrasound I measured 59.6kg! cannot be.... I only drank 75ml of glucose in between! :D

Hahaha...speaking of food indulgence, immediately after I left the clinic after completing the last round of blood + urine collection, I went straight to Swensens to eat chicken bake rice + a goldrush sundae...ate them all by myself without sharing with my hubby. At that moment, I couldn't care less about the possible outcome of the glucose test cos I was super hungry after fasting for 13 hours! :p

As for your weight, maybe the personnel mis-read the information & made a typo mistake when keying in the data?

For my clinic, usually we will weigh ourselves after our routine urine test. Then 1 of the receptionist (are they qualified nurse?) will call us over to take our blood pressure and ask us for our measured weight.... then we just inform them verbally.
So far they have not mistaken my weight yet since I'm glaring at what they are writing on my records....hahahaha

heheh. I also was super hungry that day. But had other appointments one after another, so no time to eat. And later KKH foodcort and nearby cafes were very crowded, so I just gave up and bought some bread to eat on my way home.

Same in KK, I measured the weight myself before taking blood pressure, meaning I was standing on the scale and I saw the figure. And then repeated the same before ultrasound. Their scales definitely need some calibration. :D Luckily the doctor in charge said she doesn't care about my weight, only baby's weight matters. :) I think every doctor has different opinion on this.

Ya, every gynae's judgement is different.
I do hear of gynaes who are more concern of the well-being of the babies, but I don't personally agree with it....I think both well-being of mum and baby go hand-in-hand. You need to observe both for the overall picture...Not good for the mum to lose/gain too much weight even though baby's weight is ok.

I agree on that. Healthy mama & healthy bb. Also easier to get back into shape after birth if haven't gain not to much weight. So, will be watching my diet in any case.

My stretchmarks finally appeared...on the under belly. Not a lot and not deep yet but I can see progression.
Although I'm mentally prepared to see them...but I still feel quite sad seeing them nonetheless...:(

My stretchmarks finally appeared...on the under belly. Not a lot and not deep yet but I can see progression.
Although I'm mentally prepared to see them...but I still feel quite sad seeing them nonetheless...:(
Same! I also noticed some on my under belly, similar to your description. Hope will not have many more :(

Elm, how much weight have you gained so far? U r petite pre-pregnancy right.

I gained abt 10kg now. Was chubby pre-pregnancy.
Looser skin = more or less stretch marks? I think my belly skin quite loose to begin with since I got tummy too :p

P3riwinkl3, I have gained 6kg so far. Yeah, am on the petite side.
I think looser or tighter skin no difference, since we both seem to be developing stretchmarks at the same area and around the same time. Heard it's more to do with genes, as in if our mothers have it we will too. Have you been applying oil for prevention?

Been applying since 1st trimester cos my hubby's friend told him how his wife (the friend's wife) had horrible stretchmarks after she ballooned ~20kg during her pregnancy.
For me:
1st trimester was using cocoa butter.
2nd trimester using both bio-oil and cocoa butter.
3rd trimester using bio-oil, cocoa butter and sebamed
As you can see...we are very experimental...hahaha.
At the start, I applied in the morning and at night. As time goes on, I got lazy...only apply at night and sometimes in the morning.
Now I'll diligently go back to 2 times a day.

A month or so ago I suspected a stretchmarks after I saw a red line on the belly, but then it somehow dissolved, just disappeared. Maybe it was just a mark from tight clothes or something else, not sure. So far I don't have any, but expect them anytime soon. Anyway, most of time they fade after belly goes back to shape and not so visible.
I gained close to 10 kg now and the belly really feel very tight sometimes.
About 2 month ago I started using Cocoa Butter Formula cream for stretchmarks twice a day, so far so good. Not sure if it will prevent stretchmarks, but it helps with itchiness and dry tummy skin.

BTW, I got quite a bad diarrhoea and stomach cramps the next day after glucose test. Could it be because of the test? Not sure... I heard that some get this kind of side effect, but I expected it on be the same day or immediately after, not by end of second day. I didn't eat anything suspicious past two days, not sure what could be the reason.

Or maybe it's braxton hicks contractions combined with diarrhoea? :) coz sometimes the whole belly tightens really hard, but then relaxes if I lay down.
Anyone started getting braxton hicks contractions already?

I think I experienced my first obvious and strong BH ard w26. It came in 3 waves within 20-30 mins while I was bathing. Quite frightening and uncomfortable when it first happened. After that episode, I think I felt milder BH once in awhile (had a mild one yesterday).
I've been passing loose stools (with painful tummy aches) for the past few days but don't think it's caused by the glucose test.
Been drinking prune juice every few days to move my bowels and usually it works like laxative for me..so it could be the prune juice that's giving me the loose stools + tummy aches.

I think I experienced my first obvious and strong BH ard w26. It came in 3 waves within 20-30 mins while I was bathing. Quite frightening and uncomfortable when it first happened. After that episode, I think I felt milder BH once in awhile (had a mild one yesterday).
I've been passing loose stools (with painful tummy aches) for the past few days but don't think it's caused by the glucose test.
Been drinking prune juice every few days to move my bowels and usually it works like laxative for me..so it could be the prune juice that's giving me the loose stools + tummy aches.

Hello mummy-to-be,

Loose stool at the third trimester is normal, my gynae say our body is preparing for labour hence the soft loose stool :)

Ic. I didn't know that it's a norm.
Though past few days my stomach ache is definitely not normal. Maybe mild food poisoning. Today is feeling better already.

Just now got a phone call from unknown number - really freaked out that it's test results from KK. :) Fortunately not. Phew.... :D

Hello mummy-to-be,

Loose stool at the third trimester is normal, my gynae say our body is preparing for labour hence the soft loose stool :)

Thanks for the info. I thought the self-detoxing will only happen nearer to EDD. Didn't know so fast will happen...lolx..better than constipation!

Ic. I didn't know that it's a norm.
Though past few days my stomach ache is definitely not normal. Maybe mild food poisoning. Today is feeling better already.

Just now got a phone call from unknown number - really freaked out that it's test results from KK. :) Fortunately not. Phew.... :D

Totally understand u! I did stored my clinic's number in my phone, but dunno why when the clinic called to inform me abt my glucose test result, it showed an unfamiliar number. Usually I dun pick calls from unrecognized numbers...heng I picked up that call.

Back