September 2016 Mummies!

Did my detailed scan yesterday. Thankfully everything looks ok. Scanning took about ~20 mins.
Initially baby face was turned away from us and she closed her legs! So the sonographer had to rub my tummy roughly a few times to make the baby change position.
My tummy felt a little bruised after that but all is fine as long as the readings are ok.:D
Going back to my gynae this coming Thurs to review the results again. And then I will have the mood to start shopping for baby stuffs :p

Did my detailed scan yesterday. Thankfully everything looks ok. Scanning took about ~20 mins.
Initially baby face was turned away from us and she closed her legs! So the sonographer had to rub my tummy roughly a few times to make the baby change position.
My tummy felt a little bruised after that but all is fine as long as the readings are ok.:D
Going back to my gynae this coming Thurs to review the results again. And then I will have the mood to start shopping for baby stuffs :p
Good to hear your scan went well :) Ya, mine also shook my tummy roughly a few times to get baby to change position. Was uncomfortable that time but ok after. We can start shopping for baby stuff :D

hi.
So I also had my scan last week. Everything went well, though the baby was a bit lazy and we had to shake him to make him turn. Eventually he turned from back to belly. total scan took about 30 min or maybe more, had to go out once to empty the bladder in the middle of the scan.
Somehow the doctor who did the scan write the conclusion that the baby is in a breach position. That makes very little sense, as the baby keep on moving. Anyway, the follow-up doctor said it's not important at the moment.
they also noted that placenta is a bit low. I hope it will move up in the next 20 weeks.

And btw, most of us should be starting the second half of the pregnancy already, right? I'm exactly 20 weeks today (according to the phone app) and feel great so far. Hopefully it will stay like this for the next 20 weeks. :)

It's too early to conclude that the baby is beech now since the baby still has plenty of space inside to flip around. So I agree with what the follow-up doc said, don't think so much about it now.
My baby did a 180-degree flip inside. Now her head is on the opposite side as compared to my Week 13 scan. I commented on this during the detailed scan and the sonographer said it's not a problem cos baby is still small and can move around inside. :)
Based on my edd, I was Wk20+1 last Saturday during the scan...so I should be Wk20+3 today? I lost track liao :p

Good to hear your scan went well :) Ya, mine also shook my tummy roughly a few times to get baby to change position. Was uncomfortable that time but ok after. We can start shopping for baby stuff :D

Lucky for us, we have 3 baby fairs coming up from June onwards...We have plenty of shopping opportunities coming up...lolx
Baby Baby fair @ Expo: 10-12 June
Baby World fair @ Expo: 29-31 July
Supermom Baby fair @ Suntec: 12-14 August

Haha my baby's head was also on the opposite side to when Week 12 scan. I am at Week 20 + 4 today. Hope we will all have a smooth and safe second half of our pregnancy journey :)

Lucky for us, we have 3 baby fairs coming up from June onwards...We have plenty of shopping opportunities coming up...lolx
Baby Baby fair @ Expo: 10-12 June
Baby World fair @ Expo: 29-31 July
Supermom Baby fair @ Suntec: 12-14 August

Good for you all. Actually I am based in Melbourne :)

Wow, I love the autumn there. Just back from my Aust. holiday and I'm already having holiday-withdrawal-syndrome.:p Take care of yourself!
Thanks P3riwinkl3 :)
Did you visit Melbourne too, or just Tasmania? It's getting very cold here, not my preference as I like warmer temperatures.

Thanks P3riwinkl3 :)
Did you visit Melbourne too, or just Tasmania? It's getting very cold here, not my preference as I like warmer temperatures.

I only transit in Melbourne this time. But I've been to Melbourne years before for holiday.
Hahaha...we are each having the "grass is greener on the other pasture" syndrome...Singapore is too hot for me, I prefer colder temperatures where I won't perspire! :p

Hi,
My Edd is in September too...
Just had my detail scan yesterday and am thankful that it went well ..
Hope everyone will have a smooth pregancy.

Hi,
My Edd is in September too...
Just had my detail scan yesterday and am thankful that it went well ..
Hope everyone will have a smooth pregancy.
Hi FuTai, welcome here and hope you have a smooth pregnancy too!

Hello all mummies,
Looks like our next test after this 20-week scan is the Glucose Test at around 26 weeks. Hope we will be fine :) In the meantime, let's enjoy our precious babies in our tummies!

Hi. I have my glucose test & ultrasound at week 30. Now wondering - is it too late? I heard that normally it is around week 28, but didn't realize that mine was scheduled so late.

Hi. I have my glucose test & ultrasound at week 30. Now wondering - is it too late? I heard that normally it is around week 28, but didn't realize that mine was scheduled so late.
Ultrasound u mean detailed scan? Detailed scan usually done at week 20. Glucose at week 24 if have no history of diabetes. If u have history then it will be week 18-20.
Week 30 should be jus routine followup. Maybe u wan to check w ur doc to confirm the dates.

smiling_ging3r, thanks.
Mine detailed scan was at week 20. Then next routine follow-up scheduled at week 24.
And another scan together with glucose test is at week 30.
But I have no history of diabetes in my family, maybe that's why glucose was scheduled so late.

BTW, does anyone know the procedure of getting your records from one of the hospitals? Anyone did it before? I was told that if I want to transfer to NUH later I need to provide all my KKH records, as they do not have access to them. Wondering if it takes long time to get them...

Hi Ladies, can I just check with you all regarding the PD for the baby during delivery.

Do you go with your gynae's recommendation or choose your own?
I visited my gynae yesterday and he asked if we have any PD in mind, we said no, so he recommended Dr. Terence Tan.
The thing is I have heard of Dr. Terence Tan from my gf previously...He's good but can be quite ex.
But my gynae also said that if we want to go with another PD later on, we just inform him will do...so we acknowledged that we will do some research on the PD.

So I'm wondering if I should source for another PD myself, and if I do pick another PD, how should I go about liaising this new PD to my gynae?
Any experienced mums can advise? TIA

Pediatrician...Doctor for baby and children.
During delivery, other than your gynae, the PD will also be there to check on the well-being of the baby after delivery.
Usually your gynae will tag team with his preferred PD.

Hi all, this thread seems to have quieten down lately. Let's revive it again..lolx.

Any mums did their week 20 detailed scan yet?
I'm doing mine this Saturday...feeling a little jittery about it. Hopefully everything is fine with my little one. :)

Hi, it's my first post in this thread. I've done my detailed scanned she is my #2, baby girl!

P3riwinkl3, thanks for explanation. I didn't know we have to select PD.
If gynea fix the PD for you, does it mean you cannot change him later, after birth? Do you have to stick with him?
And is it consider "private" if follow up with just one PD?

P3riwinkl3, thanks for explanation. I didn't know we have to select PD.
If gynea fix the PD for you, does it mean you cannot change him later, after birth? Do you have to stick with him?
And is it consider "private" if follow up with just one PD?

Can change later on.
Most of my friends just followed their gynae's recommendation regarding the PD during their first born cos they also blur blur and dunno much so just follow lor.
But they changed PD later on for whatever reasons...eg. PD not good, too ex, too far, etc..cos usually the same PD will be following up on your baby's progress in months/years to come.

For my case, I just happened to remember my friends talking about Dr. Terence Tan years ago...they said he's popular at Mt A, is good but pretty ex. & long queuing time. So when my gynae mentioned him, I went :eek:.

Thus I just want to know if any moms opt for their own PD instead of following their gynae's recommendation, and if they opt for their own PD, how do they do it?

Last edited:
Hi pri3winkle, for thomson medical,i just have to inform my gynae which pd im choosing and they will contact him directly. Btw im expecting no2. My elder gal 17mths old

Hi pri3winkle, for thomson medical,i just have to inform my gynae which pd im choosing and they will contact him directly. Btw im expecting no2. My elder gal 17mths old

Hi @shelly20 , thank you for your advice. I will remember to bring this up to my gynae during my next check-up. Congrats on your 2nd bundle of joy!:)

For my #1 pd was chosen by gynae as I have no 1 in mind. My bb was tagged to Dr Ang Ai Tin. Didn't like her. But kind of too late coz I signed up the vaccination package w them. Have to see her throughout.
Now with my #2 I have my own preferred pd Dr Ong Eng Keow from Mt A. So I will choose him instead of letting gynae assign.

Hi @smiling_ging3r, thanks for sharing. Now I have another choice for PD at Mt. A :D.
My friend was recommending me his PD, Dr Lim Kwang Hsien, who is from the same clinic as Dr Terence Tan. He said Dr Lim is good, will follow-up.
Is it possible to share the estimated charges for Dr Ong? TIA

Hi all mummies,
Just wondering how everyone is doing?
For me, I have been resting a lot these few days as I have been feeling what I believe to be 'round ligament pain'. Last weekend, I did quite a lot of walking and shopping :oops: Started feeling pain at my pelvic area on Sunday night and have been quite painful. After much rest and moving around slowly, it's getting better :) Anyone has felt this too?

Yup, been feeling muscle like/cramp like pain since I entered 2nd trimester. Now it's a daily on/off occurrence. As long as no spotting I'm not too alarm.
Just walk/move slowly when the round ligament pain hits. Best is to lie down or take a warm bath to relax the body.
According to my gynae, the pain will be more obvious on the left side cos our uterus is naturally tilted slightly to the right...as least that explains for my case.

These couple of days, I started disturbing my baby with music...hahaha.
I will place my headphones at my tummy and provoke her to move if I'm not sensing much of her movements.:p

Thanks P3riwinkl3 for the reassurance. Ya, have to walk/move slower now. My pain is slightly to the right side.

Haha so does your baby move when you put on the headphones?
My baby moves around throughout the day. I think they take naps here and there, at which those times I don't sense movements. I enjoy feeling her move each time :)

Hi. I don't have much pain yet. Had a few sharp sensations about 3-4 weeks ago in one day, but they never repeated ever since. So far so good.
My baby-boy is quite lazy, he doesn't move often and only when I'm in the office. :)

Thanks P3riwinkl3 for the reassurance. Ya, have to walk/move slower now. My pain is slightly to the right side.

Haha so does your baby move when you put on the headphones?
My baby moves around throughout the day. I think they take naps here and there, at which those times I don't sense movements. I enjoy feeling her move each time :)
Hi. I don't have much pain yet. Had a few sharp sensations about 3-4 weeks ago in one day, but they never repeated ever since. So far so good.
My baby-boy is quite lazy, he doesn't move often and only when I'm in the office. :)

My girl seems more active in the early morning before my alarm rings, in the evening, as well as when I'm preparing to slp at night if I slp on my left side.
They say the blood supplied to the baby is boosted when we slp on the left side hence she will be more active. If I find her movements distracting me from falling aslp, I will turn to my right side...lolx

So far, yup, she will make some nudging movements when I place my headphones on my tummy. Depending on the music. If it's R&B/Mando-pop, her movements will be more. If it's instrumental, lesser movements...maybe too soothing until she zzzz ..hahaha.

Hi @smiling_ging3r, thanks for sharing. Now I have another choice for PD at Mt. A :D.
My friend was recommending me his PD, Dr Lim Kwang Hsien, who is from the same clinic as Dr Terence Tan. He said Dr Lim is good, will follow-up.
Is it possible to share the estimated charges for Dr Ong? TIA
I can't exactly remb his consultation charges. But usually per visit will cost me around 200 with medication for bronchitis. He's a v patient doc bother to explain to u and willing to answer questions. Bad thing is ofcoz the long waiting time.

Hi dr ong only goes to mtA right? I heard he is gd. But my gynae delivers at thomson only. Im also have some pain at right lower bottom. Anyone has pain when sneezing?

Hi dr ong only goes to mtA right? I heard he is gd. But my gynae delivers at thomson only. Im also have some pain at right lower bottom. Anyone has pain when sneezing?

I seem to experience some aches when I cough or sneeze these past few days...usually at my right rib cage area.
Not sure if I've been coughing or sneezing too hard...but I'm not down with flu I think. Just on/off dry cough & sneeze...maybe room too dusty..hoho

Back