Sep 2018 Mummies, anyone?

Paige Lee

Hello all, let me start the ball rolling. I just tested positive, my #2. Still thinking if i should get a pte gynae, but currently referred to nuh ;) Would def switch to private after Oscar and Detailed scan, thinking this would be the best and cheapest route. EDD should be early Sep, would hope to carry full term this time!!! Las one was 36weeks!

Anybody else care to share your selected gynae, hosp and packages?

Hi, yesterday i just went to polyclinic for pregnancy test. Mine is about 5 weeks plus, i have arranged first scanning at kkh on 15/1/18.

tested positive a week ago too. my #2. going back to my previous gynae at mount A. anyone considering to create a WA grp?

Hi, yesterday i just went to polyclinic for pregnancy test. Mine is about 5 weeks plus, i have arranged first scanning at kkh on 15/1/18.
I went polyclinic yesterday too, but i chose nuh. They were only able to get me a date in 3 working days so I am still waiting! Darned, should have asked for kkh!!!

Hi everyone, congratulations. I did a Home pregnancy test last night and found out that I am pregnant (although I have been suspecting for some days since today is Day 40). This is my 1st, not too sure what to expect but definitely can’t sleep for now.

Mind if i ask who ur previous gynae is?

Let’s wait for more people to join us lol. I think we are likely early sep.

Dr Ho Hon Kwok. very expensive though. i’ve never left his clinic without paying less than $300 per visit but he is really really good. i was hospitalized for 15 days when i had #1 almost preterm at 32 weeks due to 1cm dilation. managed to keep baby till 37+0. i feel really safe in his hands. actually he is also the one who told me im fertile in dec when i did my yearly pap smear and womb check. credits to him for the tip

Last edited:
My first baby delivered by Dr. adrian Woodworth. The antanel package is cheap. But at the end my delivery charge + baby charge above 10K due to emergency csec. So i choose gov this time. But i may change to private after 1st trimester.

Me! tested positive on 29/12/2017 and been having spotting. went to see my gyane 2 days ago and confirmed it. currently having bedrest - day2. sigh.

Hi mummies, just tested positive yesterday. I will start the ball rolling for the WhatsApp group! Pm me if you want to be added :)

Me! tested positive on 29/12/2017 and been having spotting. went to see my gyane 2 days ago and confirmed it. currently having bedrest - day2. sigh.

Hope you are better aldy! Take care!

I think pte doctors a lot of hidden charges, i am still undecisive of where to go as well. Anyway it is still early to see a gynae for me I guess, only ard 4wks plus i think, edd is early sep

Hello all!
I tested positive on 01 Jan18! Think i am on week 5 now..
was scheduled for next appt on 15 Jan 18. This is my #1 and i am so excited!!

don’t worry! i had spotting in my previous pregnancy and everything ran smoothly.

Hello all!
I tested positive on 01 Jan18! Think i am on week 5 now..
was scheduled for next appt on 15 Jan 18. This is my #1 and i am so excited!!

Hi, congrats! I tested positive on 1st Jan too. May i know how do u determine how many weeks are you preggie now? R u seeing pte gynae? Usually how many weeks then will the gynae see u?

Wow, quite a few mummies pregnant with #2! Me too, I'm currently on week 6! :)

Add me if you guys creating WA group!

Intruder: Do you know when was your last menses? For me I knew I was pregnant last week, I dragged till today and went to see a gynae just to confirm I'm pregnant ;)

Hello all, let me start the ball rolling. I just tested positive, my #2. Still thinking if i should get a pte gynae, but currently referred to nuh ;) Would def switch to private after Oscar and Detailed scan, thinking this would be the best and cheapest route. EDD should be early Sep, would hope to carry full term this time!!! Las one was 36weeks!

Anybody else care to share your selected gynae, hosp and packages?

You can try Dr ST Beh from Thomson Medical. He is very caring and detailed in his checks.

Last edited:
Hi, congrats! I tested positive on 1st Jan too. May i know how do u determine how many weeks are you preggie now? R u seeing pte gynae? Usually how many weeks then will the gynae see u?
Congrates to u too!
Based on what i read online, most gynaes will only see patients around week 8.
My case was i felt strain on my right tummy so wanted to go gynae to make sure everything was ok and the little pea growing on uterus.
But gynae ( yup private, i have been seeing her as my regular gynae for many years) mentioned its too early to see anything so ask me go back on 15 Jan so ard week 6 plus will be able to see better on scan.
I am using an app, and it based on my last menses date and calculated im on week 5.
U can search online "calculate baby due date" and enter yr last menses date.. it will show u how many weeks u are and estimated when u give birth ^_^

Congrats everyone!
I tested positive on 2 hpts: couldn’t believe the cheap Watson strip so I bought clear blue digital haha. But I’m still quite paranoid, want to hear from a doc. Will GPs allow for blood test if I insist? I hear polyclinics only do pee stick.. will blood test be more accurate?

Hello! My first pregnancy and I am so nervous, so lost right now. My period was late for a week so the curious cat in me did a check on watsons kit and I tested positive on 05/01! If that wasn't enough I bought the digital clearblue test kit the next day. And if that still wasn't enough, today I went to my GP and he confirmed my pregnancy! I should be in my 6th week now, and my EDD should be late August/early September, but he said it's the latter most likely since my cycle is on average 37 days :)

I'm leaning towards Dr Natalie Chua from PEH, as recommended by my best friend. But still super lost LOL don't know when's the right time to call to make appointment.

Congrats everyone!
I tested positive on 2 hpts: couldn’t believe the cheap Watson strip so I bought clear blue digital haha. But I’m still quite paranoid, want to hear from a doc. Will GPs allow for blood test if I insist? I hear polyclinics only do pee stick.. will blood test be more accurate?

Haha same like me! I did a pee test from my GP (he doesn't offer blood test) but some other GPs do blood test too! I think any kinda confirmation from GP would be good before the first gynae appointment :)

Congrats everyone!
Hello!
Yes my first test on watson kit came positive and i went to buy clear blue to confirm. The clear blue gave me a negative instead! I was so sad that i went gp to have a blood test confirm the next day. Blood test confirm and i was like damx the clear blue!

Blood test will be more accurate!

Hi mommies,

My first time here. Tested positive around 2 weeks plus ago. My friend recommended me Dr Devendra in SGH. Anyone tried him before?

Hello! My first pregnancy and I am so nervous, so lost right now. My period was late for a week so the curious cat in me did a check on watsons kit and I tested positive on 05/01! If that wasn't enough I bought the digital clearblue test kit the next day. And if that still wasn't enough, today I went to my GP and he confirmed my pregnancy! I should be in my 6th week now, and my EDD should be late August/early September, but he said it's the latter most likely since my cycle is on average 37 days :)

I'm leaning towards Dr Natalie Chua from PEH, as recommended by my best friend. But still super lost LOL don't know when's the right time to call to make appointment.

^5!
So far I keep reading that gynaes don’t see u until 6-8 weeks. You could call first n let the clinic schedule u? I haven’t decided on a gynae so I’m.. researching.. Lol.

^5!
So far I keep reading that gynaes don’t see u until 6-8 weeks. You could call first n let the clinic schedule u? I haven’t decided on a gynae so I’m.. researching.. Lol.
Yeah, will most likely just call to secure an appointment for two weeks later! Haven't anything but kiasu already! When do you think is your EDD?

Wow, quite a few mummies pregnant with #2! Me too, I'm currently on week 6! :)

Add me if you guys creating WA group!

Intruder: Do you know when was your last menses? For me I knew I was pregnant last week, I dragged till today and went to see a gynae just to confirm I'm pregnant ;)

xpeasx, congrats to u!
Actually I wasn't very sure of my last mth menus date cos i was down with tonsillitis and was given antibioics and usually if I'm on medication, my menus for that mth will either be early or late a few days so is either 30 Nov or 2 Dec. Does that mean that I won't be able to know how many weeks I'm preggie and when is my edd? :(

Congrates to u too!
Based on what i read online, most gynaes will only see patients around week 8.
My case was i felt strain on my right tummy so wanted to go gynae to make sure everything was ok and the little pea growing on uterus.
But gynae ( yup private, i have been seeing her as my regular gynae for many years) mentioned its too early to see anything so ask me go back on 15 Jan so ard week 6 plus will be able to see better on scan.
I am using an app, and it based on my last menses date and calculated im on week 5.
U can search online "calculate baby due date" and enter yr last menses date.. it will show u how many weeks u are and estimated when u give birth ^_^

Thk u for the info.
Apparently I tried different websites and different websites gave me different no. of weeks like 4 weeks, 5 weeks and 6 weeks so still can't tell exactly how many weeks I'm preggie.. haha..

xpeasx, congrats to u!
Actually I wasn't very sure of my last mth menus date cos i was down with tonsillitis and was given antibioics and usually if I'm on medication, my menus for that mth will either be early or late a few days so is either 30 Nov or 2 Dec. Does that mean that I won't be able to know how many weeks I'm preggie and when is my edd? :(
Don’t worry Doc will scan and guve u an estimated date, give ard 1 to 2 more weeks and u can see a gynae le...

Yeah, will most likely just call to secure an appointment for two weeks later! Haven't anything but kiasu already! When do you think is your EDD?

Website says Sep 1 if count conception date (I charted BD also ) but Aug 28 if count last period.. I have irregular cycles so I’m not too sure!

Website says Sep 1 if count conception date (I charted BD also ) but Aug 28 if count last period.. I have irregular cycles so I’m not too sure!

Actually its very hard to say, gynae can measure and give u a more accurate gestational age, sometimes our eggs are ‘older’. For #1, my cycle was 45 days, i ovulated on 30th day. By the time i saw gynae, ard 50th day, i was 5 weeks plus aldy. For #2 however, my cycle became 30 days, so i think i am not as far out. Best to determine via conception day which might vary too... maybe if u are really worried, can see gynae to do a vaginal scan, so u can tell how many weeks along you are.

Hi everyone,

My EDD is Sept 13 2018. I've just tested positive and waiting for my blood test to come back. For my gynae, I just researched online to find which is a good one in my area. The delivery should be in Thomson Medical. I think everytime I visit the private gynae, it has been around $200-$300 including 1 ultrasound, 1 blood test and consultation.

Is there a whatsapp group? If so please add me :D Nice to meet all of you.

Don’t worry Doc will scan and guve u an estimated date, give ard 1 to 2 more weeks and u can see a gynae le...

:)
I'll be seeing gynae in 2 weeks time.. seems sooooo long.. haha..
I'm so paranoid everyday trying to notice symptoms to ensure bb is safe & growing.. last week symptoms were strong but this week like not much.. making me worry if u noe wat I'm thinking..

I'm so paranoid everyday trying to notice symptoms to ensure bb is safe & growing.. last week symptoms were strong but this week like not much.. making me worry if u noe wat I'm thinking..
I feel u too.. kept touching my tummy wonder if ahem growing.. hehe

Tell me about it! It'll be week 7 in two days but there has been nothing other than the usual (I think?) cramps which is on and off. My gynae appointment is in two weeks too and I can't be still not knowing anything now. Don't know why I'm looking forward to the morning sickness also LOL must be crazy

Tell me about it! It'll be week 7 in two days but there has been nothing other than the usual (I think?) cramps which is on and off. My gynae appointment is in two weeks too and I can't be still not knowing anything now. Don't know why I'm looking forward to the morning sickness also LOL must be crazy

Initially my symptoms were craving for chocolates and hunger then follow by cramping, stomach feeling tightness, bloatedness for the past few days but no more craving and feeling hunger then yday and today just breasts sore but don't have the symptoms which i mentioned above already. I tot usually the symptoms should be increasing and not stop since hcg is increasing daily?
:(

I've just seen my gynae early due to spotting. Only a gestational sac captured on the ultrasound.. I am worried. Anyone know when will I be able to see a fetal heartbeat?

I went for first scan at 7 weeks when I was pregnant with my first. Heartbeat and gestational sac and yolk sac was seen immediately.

Gynae prescribed me Duphaston this time to help maintain the pregnancy and will see me 2 weeks later.

When do pregnancy symptoms usually kick in? Nausea, morning sickness, cravings, etc. I haven't felt anything other than tiredness but even then I'm not sure if that's just me or the pregnancy that causes the fatigue. I've been emotionally and mentally stressed about this. I don't feel pregnant but I'm at Week 7 already...

When do pregnancy symptoms usually kick in? Nausea, morning sickness, cravings, etc. I haven't felt anything other than tiredness but even then I'm not sure if that's just me or the pregnancy that causes the fatigue. I've been emotionally and mentally stressed about this. I don't feel pregnant but I'm at Week 7 already...
Chill, some mummies naturally won’t feel any morning sickness. We got to be thankful as we are the lucky one. My first pregnancy was a breeze with no morning sickness and just fatigue. Sleep more and enjoy your pregnancy.

Me too, i dont have nausea, ms. Only craving for food at interval of each meals.

Back