SAHM: How has it been so far?

CookieMonMon

Hi, I’m considering quitting my job to be a SAHM but I’m really torn about the financial independence I have now vs. being able to spend more time with my LO. I’m also not sure how much we would need to live on a single income. If you’re a SAHM, can you share your thoughts and experience with me?

I recently did the switch after pondering for really long (close to a year). You got to assess how much savings you have, if surviving on husband’s income would your family still have sufficient for rainy days. One thing I told myself is my career can wait but my child will never revert back to when he needs me the most (now). So don’t be afraid and don’t think for too long. Giving you some hugs & courage!

Hi, I’m considering quitting my job to be a SAHM but I’m really torn about the financial independence I have now vs. being able to spend more time with my LO. I’m also not sure how much we would need to live on a single income. If you’re a SAHM, can you share your thoughts and experience with me?

Hi CookieMonMon, I’m also feeling what you are going through, been thinking through so much whether I should switch to SAHM once my LO arrives….

I recently did the switch after pondering for really long (close to a year). You got to assess how much savings you have, if surviving on husband’s income would your family still have sufficient for rainy days. One thing I told myself is my career can wait but my child will never revert back to when he needs me the most (now). So don’t be afraid and don’t think for too long. Giving you some hugs & courage!

for me, I really understand what you said about our child can never revert back to this time and age. I worry most is about my own financial independence and also really don’t know how it would be in the future. I just saw your post back in March. It’s been a few months now. How are you feeling about your decision?

Hi CookieMonMon, I’m also feeling what you are going through, been thinking through so much whether I should switch to SAHM once my LO arrives….

the major reason I’m even considering this is because I send my child to childcare ever since he was about 3mths old. Every month or every alternate month he would fall sick then I have to take time off work to care for him. I feel really unproductive at work and can’t focus on my child also. It’s like I’m neither here nor there. Maybe. I’m bad at juggling both.

I just quitted my job last month. I worked in my previous company for 18years. 1st job since graduated from poly. My colleagues were shocked to hear my resignation. I need to look after my 2nd child as there wasn't anybody to take care. Decided to sacrifice for him. I am already 40 now. Frankly speaking i think it is worth if as u can spend more time with your kids. See them grow up.. i tell myself Money can earn back but once u miss thier growing up, u will nv see it again unless u had another baby again..
Depends how u think ba.

Back