Safe to travel during the first trimester?

Hi mummies and mummies to be out there, i have booked a trip to Bangkok 2 months ago and I just found out about my pregnancy. I am currently 7 weeks plus pregnant..My trip is next Thurs and I really dont know if I am fit to travel. Will the air pressure pose any risk to me? I had a miscarriage in Dec last year so I really hope I can keep this baby. Any mummies who travelled during your first trimester? Can share your experiences? Thanks in advance!

hi nicole, i went to bkk and HK when i was during 1st trim for my 1st pregnancy..check w gynae and he says is fine to travel but must walk slow and take good care
happy.gif
i also booked the trip before i tested positive heehee

jingwen, probably you can chk with your gynae?
normally not a problem.. but is still safer to chk with ur gynae.. and congrats to u!
happy.gif

I went to europe during my 1st trim. as long as u must take care urself well. remember, dun over tired urself. Let ur gyane know u r going for vacation. ask him wat to do if there is any bleeding sign as that was really happen to me and lucky i do consult my gyane before i go. once, u back it will be better to go for the check up again.

Hi thank you dear mummies for your replies! Hi Pocky I hope I can really travel and come back safely! Heh berries actually i did check with my gynae but he said it is not advisable as I have been spotting on and off... it is just me being a bit stubborn here and thinks it is alright..
Mummy poko so what is the advice given if there is bleeding? complete rest in bed?

U r under which gynae? Im under dr adrian frm tmc. He do give me some pills. This medicine is for me to take during 1st trim. To stable the bb inside ur worm. If really hv bleeding, take 2 instead 1 (normally as wat i take per day). Rest well n sleep. The nxt day everything was fine again.
Most important dun over tired. I was really over tired tat time due to long hr flight.

Hi Mommy poko, i am currently under Dr KC Yeo from TMC. He has given pills too. Actually the main reason why I am so afraid is cos my previous pregnancy ended up MC cos i went to Bali. Haha i salute you leh dare to travel to Europe!

aiya..... i same wif u, book le den only know pregnant. wat to do. still need to continue the trip ma. take extra care loh. since u r going there for holiday, jus relax urself. ask ur gynae, should u take more of the pills if there is any sign of bleeding?

Is it possible to postpone your trip till you are second trimester where pregnancy is stabilized? Since you are spotting on and off, may wanna play safe since baby is so precious and it's hard to get good medical in Bangkok .. And go there u will be worried too.. Just my thoughts
happy.gif
congrats on your baby!

Hi..

I just checked with my gynae with regards to travelling in 1st trimester.

Gynae says that if its for leisure - Go ahead. If for work - POSTPONED. Haha

According to him, it is okie to travel and will not affect baby's development. He wishes me GOOD LUCK as i will be travelling when im in week 11 which is the peak of MS. He has prescribed me with some anti vomit pills to prevent me from vomitting when im away.

;D

BTMY, wow! So pregnant woman can get anti-vomit pills, is it like motion sickness pills?

I wann go for babymoon for my 2nd tri too but worried I get motion sickness from the travelling...

Hi BTMY! Haha your post came just at the right time.. my trip is tmr...i have not packed yet..still undecided..i am 9 weeks now and I thought this is the peak of MS...oh no 11 weeks...I took anti vomit pills too... haha though i think it may be better to puke cos will feel better after that..

I travelled almost every 2 weeks for work up til 7 months plus when airlines start to forbid me onboard (even had gynae certify I m safe to trvl)... Best to check with gynae!
happy.gif

Alicia, may I ask which airline forbid u to board at 7 mths?

I intend to fly back singapore on SQ during my 30th week for delivery. I check they allow up to 36th week preggies.. Hope they wont bar me...

celia, i think better get a letter from your gynae

i recently fly to BKK..my gynae say needs a letter to fly

I will be flying to Bali to celebrate our wedding annivery when I am about 29 weeks pregnant. Need to get gynae's letter to certify I am fit for travel - requirement from Airline. Rejection for pregnant ladies will take effect from 35 weeks onwards.

i ask my gynae yesterday.. he say stop air travel for 1st trimester~ only after 12weeks.. then go~~ fly up high high into the sky~~

i am thinking whether to go to florida...our inital plan was 17 nov.. i will b 11w4d..

quite far n i will be with my toddler (19mth) alone as my hb flew there 1 mth b4 for work

hi ladies for those who took long flights, how was it for you? read on some forums that sitting too long was uncomfy and they got dehydrated easily. am at 9 weeks, have planned a eurotrip when im around 16+/- weeks.. a little nervous especially since right now my ms still quite bad
sad.gif

im travelling to HK mid dec which by then im shd be week 14, so i need to check wtih gynae and get letter as well?

actually if ur belly isn't obvious, seriously no one will know. unless u tell the airport staff or declare, then u have to show the dr letter. I went cruise at 21 weeks, no one even know I am pregnant. Hehee..

We went to US and Canada when my wife was in week 14.

For a peace of mind, we went to her gynae to seek his advice and after a short check, he gave his clearance, just advised us to stay away from less than well cooked or unclean food and reminded us to die die boil the tap water in the hotels before drinking, else drink bottled water.

Back