Review on Dr Tan Hak Koon

mooremm

Hi, anyone here seen by Dr Tan Hak Koon before for the pregnancy journey? Can share your review on him? Also in terms of clinic waiting time, and if he is pro natural labour?

Heard he was previously with SGH and now with KKH. All review are welcomed :) Thanks

Hi, I have just started seeing Dr Tan recently at SGH. Unlike my previous gynae from Gleaneagles, he is very straightforward and presents you with facts. My previous gynae from Gleneagles advocates for iui and natural even though i have medical history and also issue with husband's troops. So it kind of waste at least 2 years of my time trying different supplements and trying naturally.
Dr Tan was very straightforward after seeing both our medical report results- he recommended IVF instead and explained to us the reason why other methods wouldnt work as well. I think he is a good doctor to go with except that his appointments are very difficult to schedule even though I am a private patient as SGH.

Dr Tan Hak Koon is a very efficient doctor. He has many patients and each visit can be a long waiting time although I'm a private patient. He is very factual, not much emotion, his consultation is very speedy and came across to me as rather cold. I had placenta acreta, which he regarded as no big deal... until the sonographer raised red flags. I had to do a csec because of that. His cut is for csec is like a L shape, because the first cut was too small and baby was stuck. He had to do a second cut, so you can imagine my wound. During my stay in SGH (~3 days), he didn't even do his doctor's rounds despite his consultation office is in the same building. Im not sure if he is avoiding me due to his unsatisfactory "cut" or what. Overall, i won't recommend Dr Tan if you have a complicated case.

Back