Review about Dr Tan Jui Seng from IVF Bridge Fertily in JB

Jambar

Hi,
My partner and I are not eligible to take IVF treatment in Singapore (because we are not married) and we are seeking alternative abroad. We read that Dr. Tan Jui Seng from IVF Bridge Fertily in JB has assisted many expat living in Singapore but couldn't find much review.
Doeas anyone of you know him or has and review?

I'm open to alternative suggestions if you have any...

Thank you

Hi Jambar

My friend & her husband went to IVF Bridge Fertiltiy Centre in JB for IVF treatment and they seem very happy with their service & support. My friend is pregnant with twins now. I understand the centre is only 10 minutes drive from the custom. You may want to find out more from their website ...www.ivfbridge.com.my. Good luck !

Worst doctor ever! Waiting time more than 4 hours, doesn't take appointment, allows people who are doing Ivf to jump queue and consult only 5 mins. Seems very impatient and sometimes even show black face/ will scold you..Very rough during scans.. Please don't go there... I drive to Singapore to see my gynae eventhough I live in jb and am a Malaysian..
Really traumatised by this doctor!

Hi Jambar,

I am not sure about the doctor and fertility centre that you mentioned, but I am currently seeing Dr. Fabian in TMC Fertility Centre.
It is located at Menara Landmark.
Dr Fabian is a very patient and kind doctor, very assuring and fatherly kind (well at least to me, he is).
It is just 5 mins drive from JB CIQ - he takes appointment but please be prepared to wait even though you have gotten your appointment.
And should you wish to see him on Saturday, please make your appointment 5-7 days in advance.

Many Singaporean are seeing him also :)

You may google for more information.
Hope it helps.

@srjk: Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I sincerely hope that your visits to Singapore are worthwhile now....

@Jambar: Dr Tan is a really well-known gynae in JB. Personally, I had not face any trouble during my previous consultation with Dr Tan.

The wait took me about 3 hours, but the nurses would give us a heads up about the waiting time so we could go and have lunch before the consultation. There were about 20 patients (which is a lot of patients in a day as compared to what you see in the UK) before me so I made the wise decision that I didn't want to miss my turn by accident, and waited patiently. When it was my turn, Dr Tan greeted me cheerfully and we discussed a little about my decision. Overall, my experience was a pleasant one. I have had my own expectations from what I've heard from my friends about how uncomfortable the tests might be beforehand, so it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

I have been hearing good news about Dr Tan's IVF fertility centre from both friends and colleagues as of late. The prices are quite reasonable too, so my husband and I are also considering of consulting with Dr Tan regarding our IVF treatment soon. Till now, I've sent a few emails and have been receiving immediate replies. We are discussing on our appointment for their free counselling service now. Therefore, on the contrary to previous replies, I am pleased with the first class customer services that Dr Tan's clinic has offered me!

Our hopes are high for hearing good news. For further information, you should check their website.
( www.ivfbridge.com.my )

Best of luck!

-J

Last edited:
Hi Jambar,

My friend who has had difficulty conceiving for many many years achieved successful pregnancy because of Dr Tan at IVF Bridge Fertility Centre in JB. We (me and girlfriends~) were so thrilled and happy for her as she was left very devastated, traumatised and disheartened after failing to become pregnant again and again (added with lots of family pressure and drama from in-laws.. :(). But she finally achieved success after undertaking their IVF treatment programme. Her boy is now 2 years old and still growing (very clever and alert little fella) ;) From what I heard, the services were good (If I'm not wrong, free counselling, quick email replies and lots of support) and she told me that Dr Tan is very straight-forward and fast (unlike those slow and long-winded types who are unsure of what they are doing and talk like forever to distract you, you know what I mean lol).You should hear this personally from my friend, but I think you you should give them a go!

Hope that all goes well with you xx Take care~

Last edited:
Here's my experience at the IVF Bridge:

We were stuck in a 3 hour traffic jam at Woodlands, which made us late for the appointment by 1 hour. By then it was close to the clinic's lunch break, but their Consultant, Ms Lee, still managed to squeeze us in. We had done blood tests, semen analysis, hysteroscopy and HSG back in NUH, so she had a look through the reports.

Both of my tubes are blocked, I have irregular menstruation (likely PCOS), and hubby's sperm morphology only 1%. We are both 35 this year and did not want to waste time with other less effective treatments. The consultant introduced us to the procedure, and quoted us 29,500 RM for IVF + PGS, for PGS on up to 6 embryos, egg freezing and maintenance for 1 year. This is one of the most reasonable quotes I received after asking from several other clinics in Malaysia (Sunfert, TMC, JSH, Concept, KL Fertility). KL Fertility also quoted around that price, but distance played the deciding factor.

Next, Dr Tan Jui Seng looked over our reports, and did blood test for HIV + ultrasound scan. We did not have many questions at that point because most of it had already been answered by the Consultant, so it was a very quick session. We were told to come back on Day 2 of my menses to start injections. We paid 300RM for the first visit (50RM consultation + 50RM ultrasound scan + 100RM each for blood test), with the payment for IVF being staggered at different stages of the procedure.

The Consultant said that the success rate for women in their 30s at their clinic is around 58% for normal IVF, and 90% for PGS. That is a lot higher than the international rate of 40% for normal IVF and 65% for PGS. Am going to take their claims with a bit of salt.

I have already started the injections, and will return to the clinic tomorrow to pick up the second round of injections. I have polyps/cysts that returned after my last hysteroscopy, so I will be doing both a hysteroscopy and laparoscopy at NUH on 18 May. Stimulation and egg collection should be completed by then, and the embryos (if any) will be frozen in preparation for transfer. Hopefully I will not need much time to recover after the hysteroscopy/laparoscopy, and the transfer can be done in May/June.

Will post more updates in time!

Hello Claire,

Were you able to see Dr. Tan again after your last visit. What is your opinion on TMC compared to IVF Bridge?

I plan to go to IVF Bridge to meet Dr. Tan tomorrow but just read a few reviews that Dr. Fabian from TMC is better. Should I meet both and then decide?

If you have met both, could you give me your impressions on them!

Regards
Anubha

Hello Claire,

Were you able to see Dr. Tan again after your last visit. What is your opinion on TMC compared to IVF Bridge?

I plan to go to IVF Bridge to meet Dr. Tan tomorrow but just read a few reviews that Dr. Fabian from TMC is better. Should I meet both and then decide?

Regards
Anubha

Hi Anubha,

Yes, I went back to see Dr Tan yesterday. He checked the progress of my follicles, and gave me another three days of injections. My trigger shot will be this Saturday, and egg collection on Monday.

I have not been to TMC as the price they quoted me was quite high compared to IVF Bridge. They quoted 40,000-50,000RM for IVF+ICSI+PGS, compared to 29,500RM at IVF Bridge.

Dr Fabian certainly has more good reviews online, whereas Dr Tan has mixed reviews. Some say Dr Tan can be brusque, rough and impatient, but so far I have not experienced that. Each appointment has been short and may feel a bit rushed, but he has a lot of patients so it is understandable. If you need detailed explanations about the IVF procedure, it is better to talk to the Consultant, Ms Lee. She is very helpful, patient and prompt in responding.

I have not met Dr Fabian as the cost was significantly higher than IVF Bridge. If the cost is not a consideration, I would say that since you are going to JB anyway, you might as well meet both then decide.

Claire

Hi Anubha,

Yes, I went back to see Dr Tan yesterday. He checked the progress of my follicles, and gave me another three days of injections. My trigger shot will be this Saturday, and egg collection on Monday.

I have not been to TMC as the price they quoted me was quite high compared to IVF Bridge. They quoted 40,000-50,000RM for IVF+ICSI+PGS, compared to 29,500RM at IVF Bridge.

Dr Fabian certainly has more good reviews online, whereas Dr Tan has mixed reviews. Some say Dr Tan can be brusque, rough and impatient, but so far I have not experienced that. Each appointment has been short and may feel a bit rushed, but he has a lot of patients so it is understandable. If you need detailed explanations about the IVF procedure, it is better to talk to the Consultant, Ms Lee. She is very helpful, patient and prompt in responding.

I have not met Dr Fabian as the cost was significantly higher than IVF Bridge. If the cost is not a consideration, I would say that since you are going to JB anyway, you might as well meet both then decide.

Claire
Thanks for replying Claire. I am finally doing my IVF at Dr. Tan's clinic, came for my last scan... retrieval could be Friday or Saturday.
So far I am trying to trust what he is doing... he does come across as a little impatient
I will also do an FET transfer in June. How did your laparoscopy go? Hope you are recovering well!
How was the retrieval here? How was your overall experience?

Anubha

Thanks for replying Claire. I am finally doing my IVF at Dr. Tan's clinic, came for my last scan... retrieval could be Friday or Saturday.
So far I am trying to trust what he is doing... he does come across as a little impatient
I will also do an FET transfer in June. How did your laparoscopy go? Hope you are recovering well!
How was the retrieval here? How was your overall experience?

Anubha

I haven't done my laparoscopy yet as my doc at NUH was away for some weeks. It is scheduled for 18 May. Guess I will need to recover first before I can go for FET.

The retrieval went ok - I did not feel any pain aside from feeling nauseous after waking up. We reached the clinic at 8am, did retrieval at 10am (there was one other patient before me), and left the clinic around 12pm.

There were 16 follicles at my last scan - between 17mm and 25mm. They retrieved 16 eggs. 16 were mature, 10 fertilized with ICSI but only 3 made it to Day 3. I was told that they were grade 2 embryos (best being grade 1). Will transfer all three at one go at my FET.

Overall I liked the efficiency of the clinic - they started me on IVF as soon as possible after my initial consultation, and there were little waiting time for each of my visits. Was a little disappointed that only 3 out of 16 eggs made it to Day 3, but that could be due to the quality of egg/sperm rather than the clinic. Am trusting that Dr Tan knows what he's doing.

Do let me know how the experience is for you too!

hi all, I went to IVF Bridge to have treatment before. But it was the worst experience I had. I had done a surgery caused of endometriosis. But Dr.Tan never explain the details about the surgery. That time we choose to trust him so I decided to do the surgery. After 3 months of surgery, we done IUI in his clinic too but failed. After that I found that my endometriosis become worse after surgery. I'm not dare to go back see Dr.Tan again because we found he's only focus the patients willing to do IUI and IVF. I feel disappointed and regret on my surgery decision. His always attract people to choose him because of pricing. If you do not have big problem on your condition, he won't get you trouble. So good luck to you.

I haven't done my laparoscopy yet as my doc at NUH was away for some weeks. It is scheduled for 18 May. Guess I will need to recover first before I can go for FET.

The retrieval went ok - I did not feel any pain aside from feeling nauseous after waking up. We reached the clinic at 8am, did retrieval at 10am (there was one other patient before me), and left the clinic around 12pm.

There were 16 follicles at my last scan - between 17mm and 25mm. They retrieved 16 eggs. 16 were mature, 10 fertilized with ICSI but only 3 made it to Day 3. I was told that they were grade 2 embryos (best being grade 1). Will transfer all three at one go at my FET.

Overall I liked the efficiency of the clinic - they started me on IVF as soon as possible after my initial consultation, and there were little waiting time for each of my visits. Was a little disappointed that only 3 out of 16 eggs made it to Day 3, but that could be due to the quality of egg/sperm rather than the clinic. Am trusting that Dr Tan knows what he's doing.

Do let me know how the experience is for you too!
Hello Claire!

Wanted o catch up with you on your treatment cycle with Dr Tan.

I had 2 day 3 embryos transferred on 1st August and I just got my results and they are negative.

I am contemplating if I should go back to him or consider another clinic maybe TMC or KL.

He suggests I do Natural cycle IVF now.

Did you get a success after your transfer? Where are you on this journey now?

Regards
Anubha

Hello Claire!

Wanted o catch up with you on your treatment cycle with Dr Tan.

I had 2 day 3 embryos transferred on 1st August and I just got my results and they are negative.

I am contemplating if I should go back to him or consider another clinic maybe TMC or KL.

He suggests I do Natural cycle IVF now.

Did you get a success after your transfer? Where are you on this journey now?

Regards
Anubha

Hi Anubha,

Sorry to hear that you got a negative. Do you have any embryos left over from your stim cycle?

I am scheduled for a FET next Tuesday, of my 3 x day 3 embryos. Will update how it goes.

I'm curious as to why he suggested you do a natural cycle IVF. Did he explain why?

Best Regards,

Claire

Hi Anubha,

Sorry to hear that you got a negative. Do you have any embryos left over from your stim cycle?

I am scheduled for a FET next Tuesday, of my 3 x day 3 embryos. Will update how it goes.

I'm curious as to why he suggested you do a natural cycle IVF. Did he explain why?

Best Regards,

Claire
Hello Claire!

Reading this post after a long time! Yes he explained that as I have low ovarian reserve doing Stims will not give me better results so rather just do natural cycle. I had taken a few months off and today going back there.
How was ur results?
Hope it went well!

Regards
Anubha

ust read a few reviews that Dr. Fabian from TMC is better. Should I meet both and then decide?

Hi Anubha,

Claire
Hi Claire

How is your ivf with them? any gd news?

Hi Claire

How is your ivf with them? any gd news?

Hi sorry have been away from this forum for a while.

My first IVF with Dr Tan Jui Seng was a success! Of the three 3 day embryos transferred, I am now 12 weeks pregnant with a singleton. :D

I stopped seeing Dr Tan after my 8th week visit (after seeing baby’s heartbeat on ultrasound and he deemed me stable), and have started seeing a Singapore gynae for my prenatal visits. My 12th week scan last week showed a healthy baby. Have been having terrible morning sickness for the past two months so I haven’t been able to enjoy my pregnancy as yet, but I am very thankful for Dr Tan for this baby!

My first IVF with Dr Tan Jui Seng was a success! Of the three 3 day embryos transferred, I am now 12 weeks pregnant with a singleton. :D

I stopped seeing Dr Tan after my 8th week visit (after seeing baby’s heartbeat on ultrasound and he deemed me stable), and have started seeing a Singapore gynae for my prenatal visits. My 12th week scan last week showed a healthy baby. Have been having terrible morning sickness for the past two months so I haven’t been able to enjoy my pregnancy as yet, but I am very thankful for Dr Tan for this baby!
Hi can i check with you for few questions?
1) how much did u spend for the IVF with Dr tan
2) do you have any information with their lab technology
3) What is the waiting time to start stimm?

Hi Ladies,

Came across this review about Dr. Tan Jui Seng from IVF Bridge.

Let me share my experience going through IVFs sessions under Dr.Tan care.

Overall, I had 2 IVF session (the first - natural IVF cycle as I am low AMH, 2nd - IVF+Donor Egg)

#1 - Natural IVF Session.
Out of 5 eggs being retrieved - 3 fertilised - 1 survived till Day 3 (transferred 1) - BFP (however, landed up chemical pregnancy)

#2 - Surprise!! Natural Pregnancy (No IVF)
Embryo only managed to survive till Week 7 as there is no heartbeat. (heart broken!!) (The God somehow sent me a signal that my eggs are not good. Move on)

#3 - IVF+Donor
With previous #1 & #2, it is obvious that my egg quality is bad. I decided to jump into donor egg programme as the success rate is the highest compared using own eggs. 22 eggs retrieved, 16 fertilised (not bad performance huh, till this stage), 6 survived till Day 3 and boom!!! 1 embryo left till Day 5 blastocyst at Grade BC....Frankly, I really fell out of my chair that instance when I received the message from Ms.Lee. The only last chance, transferred the Grade BC Day 5 blastocyst - BFN...no implantation at all!!!! Imagine 22 eggs to nothing....

When I asked Dr.Tan the cause, he said that the egg quality of the donor I have selected is only fair and somehow the dna of the donor and my husband's sperms do not çlick'. Frankly, I was dumb-folded. I understand the performance of eggs fertilisation to develop into embryo is really beyond the control of anyone except God... But then, my high hopes towards egg donation has now turn skeptical since the chances of having good egg quality is much more better compared to ppl like mine.

Another factor that I have doubts is about the lab. Embryos are develop in the lab. Guess the lab has to be conducive for embryo's to grow right?

In terms of services, Dr. Tan is pretty straight forward doctor who knows his stuff. He is an understanding and passionate doctor and his team is great. To avoid the crowd, I only visit Dr.Tan at 4.30pm when most of the patients are attended.

Pricing wise, it is definitely much more reasonable compared to TMC Johor and TMC is famous of being expensive both in KL and Johor.

Maybe it is my fate that I will not have my second child. Anyway, I am still moving on towards my 3rd IVF with Dr.Tan. Fingers cross!!!

I agree that Dr Tan can be pretty straight forward/to the point but he knows his stuff. I am currently 16 weeks with a baby girl from my first attempt with him (transfer of 3 x 3 day embryos). Will probably go back to him if we decide to have a second one. All the best for your 3rd IVF!!

Dear all,

1. TMC Fertility - Dr Fabian James
  2. IVF Bridge - Dr Tan Jui Seng
  3. JSH - Dr. Mohanraj Krishnasamy
It seems that there are many reviews online for both Dr Fabian (from TMC) and Dr Tan (from IVF). Anyone tried JSH, appreciate your sharing on your experience.

My blood test shows I have low AMH levels and i am looking at frozen not fresh cycle due to some timing considerations, most appreciate if you can share which doctor you've approached and achieved success!

Many thanks in advance and abundance of baby dust to all!

Hello all, I would like to share my own experience with Dr Tan JS from IVF bridge. My hubby & I decided to go ahead with IVF there after 5 years of trying for a baby earlier last year. We went through the consultation with Ms Lee and she has informed us of these whole process and cost involved ( which I think is very good for noob like me). First injection started just after CNY 2017 and the journey moves on.
Read the review that during the process, Dr Tan can be rough so I got my own expectations set, but turns out wasn't that bad.
22eggs retrieved but only 16 fertilized, only 6 survived til day 3. Dr Tan suggested for me to do a day 5 blastocyst FET as the success rate is higher & we agreed. Sadly, only 3 left till then and all planted back to me.

Overall experience with Dr Tan is very comfortable as he let u know the progress and stages you are in now, he is very encouraging as well.

I have delivered my twins via Caesarian on 28th Dec 2017..They are such a lovely pair of twins and I m really grateful for Dr Tan.

Hello all, I would like to share my own experience with Dr Tan JS from IVF bridge. My hubby & I decided to go ahead with IVF there after 5 years of trying for a baby earlier last year. We went through the consultation with Ms Lee and she has informed us of these whole process and cost involved ( which I think is very good for noob like me). First injection started just after CNY 2017 and the journey moves on.
Read the review that during the process, Dr Tan can be rough so I got my own expectations set, but turns out wasn't that bad.
22eggs retrieved but only 16 fertilized, only 6 survived til day 3. Dr Tan suggested for me to do a day 5 blastocyst FET as the success rate is higher & we agreed. Sadly, only 3 left till then and all planted back to me.

Overall experience with Dr Tan is very comfortable as he let u know the progress and stages you are in now, he is very encouraging as well.

I have delivered my twins via Caesarian on 28th Dec 2017..They are such a lovely pair of twins and I m really grateful for Dr Tan.

Hi, do you still remember how much you spent from first consultation to ivf?

Hi Claire
Can I noe how many times u need to go in jb to see Dr Tan?
2nd day of menses, check follicles, egg retrieval, embryo transfer.. so in total is 4 or 5 times?

Hi Mummy AX,
18000 all in?
Nv include pgs?
Claire's was RM29,500
Quite a significant difference.

We were stuck in a 3 hour traffic jam at Woodlands, which made us late for the appointment by 1 hour. By then it was close to the clinic's lunch break, but their Consultant, Ms Lee, still managed to squeeze us in. We had done blood tests, semen analysis, hysteroscopy and HSG back in NUH, so she had a look through the reports.

Both of my tubes are blocked, I have irregular menstruation (likely PCOS), and hubby's sperm morphology only 1%. We are both 35 this year and did not want to waste time with other less effective treatments. The consultant introduced us to the procedure, and quoted us 29,500 RM for IVF + PGS, for PGS on up to 6 embryos, egg freezing and maintenance for 1 year. This is one of the most reasonable quotes I received after asking from several other clinics in Malaysia (Sunfert, TMC, JSH, Concept, KL Fertility). KL Fertility also quoted around that price, but distance played the deciding factor.

Next, Dr Tan Jui Seng looked over our reports, and did blood test for HIV + ultrasound scan. We did not have many questions at that point because most of it had already been answered by the Consultant, so it was a very quick session. We were told to come back on Day 2 of my menses to start injections. We paid 300RM for the first visit (50RM consultation + 50RM ultrasound scan + 100RM each for blood test), with the payment for IVF being staggered at different stages of the procedure.

The Consultant said that the success rate for women in their 30s at their clinic is around 58% for normal IVF, and 90% for PGS. That is a lot higher than the international rate of 40% for normal IVF and 65% for PGS. Am going to take their claims with a bit of salt.

I have already started the injections, and will return to the clinic tomorrow to pick up the second round of injections. I have polyps/cysts that returned after my last hysteroscopy, so I will be doing both a hysteroscopy and laparoscopy at NUH on 18 May. Stimulation and egg collection should be completed by then, and the embryos (if any) will be frozen in preparation for transfer. Hopefully I will not need much time to recover after the hysteroscopy/laparoscopy, and the transfer can be done in May/June.

Hi i just went for 1st check and was paid 650 Rm
Consultation 50rm, scan 50 rm and blood test is 550rm, why so ex ? Wat blood test u went through?

Hi Ladies,

Came across this review about Dr. Tan Jui Seng from IVF Bridge.

Let me share my experience going through IVFs sessions under Dr.Tan care.

Overall, I had 2 IVF session (the first - natural IVF cycle as I am low AMH, 2nd - IVF+Donor Egg)

#1 - Natural IVF Session.
Out of 5 eggs being retrieved - 3 fertilised - 1 survived till Day 3 (transferred 1) - BFP (however, landed up chemical pregnancy)

#2 - Surprise!! Natural Pregnancy (No IVF)
Embryo only managed to survive till Week 7 as there is no heartbeat. (heart broken!!) (The God somehow sent me a signal that my eggs are not good. Move on)

#3 - IVF+Donor
With previous #1 & #2, it is obvious that my egg quality is bad. I decided to jump into donor egg programme as the success rate is the highest compared using own eggs. 22 eggs retrieved, 16 fertilised (not bad performance huh, till this stage), 6 survived till Day 3 and boom!!! 1 embryo left till Day 5 blastocyst at Grade BC....Frankly, I really fell out of my chair that instance when I received the message from Ms.Lee. The only last chance, transferred the Grade BC Day 5 blastocyst - BFN...no implantation at all!!!! Imagine 22 eggs to nothing....

When I asked Dr.Tan the cause, he said that the egg quality of the donor I have selected is only fair and somehow the dna of the donor and my husband's sperms do not çlick'. Frankly, I was dumb-folded. I understand the performance of eggs fertilisation to develop into embryo is really beyond the control of anyone except God... But then, my high hopes towards egg donation has now turn skeptical since the chances of having good egg quality is much more better compared to ppl like mine.

Another factor that I have doubts is about the lab. Embryos are develop in the lab. Guess the lab has to be conducive for embryo's to grow right?

In terms of services, Dr. Tan is pretty straight forward doctor who knows his stuff. He is an understanding and passionate doctor and his team is great. To avoid the crowd, I only visit Dr.Tan at 4.30pm when most of the patients are attended.

Pricing wise, it is definitely much more reasonable compared to TMC Johor and TMC is famous of being expensive both in KL and Johor.

Maybe it is my fate that I will not have my second child. Anyway, I am still moving on towards my 3rd IVF with Dr.Tan. Fingers cross!!!
Hi Hadid,

Any updates for your 3rd Ivf ?

What's wrong with this clinic? Payment already made & can still call me asking for more payment 5 MONTHS AFTER I LAST VISITED. Your internal coordination SUCKS BIG TIME!! How would u feel if this stupid clinic call out -of-the-blue & disturb u for RM2000 payment which u have already made? Still got cheek to ask me give proof. Wtf! If the internal staff are so screwup in payment & dont even know payment has been made & it is 2ND TIME THIS STUPID CLINIC ASKING FOR THAT PAYMENT AFTER I HAVE ALREADY PAID, makes u wonder how efficient they are dealing with sensitive stuff like eggs & embryos & ivf protocols. Fyi the clinic assistants are very unfriendly, unacommodating & unhelpful. When I had the endometrical scratch, I ask that unfriendly frontdesk plump chinese woman to help call my husband to pick me up, she REFUSED to do so. My handphone was not with me. I end up waiting 1 hour for him to return to the clinic to pick me up as she gave the wrong timing to him, saying the procedure takes 2 hours, when it was done within the hour. If she could have made that call, he could have picked me in 5mins & I was left waiting helplessly for 1 hour because of her attitude problem. Terrible service. Fyi, I paid SGD$18,000 (RM60,000) for the IVF & it was a FAILURE.

If u want an honest review on Dr Tan, I would say he is a very busy man. You are just one out of MANY patients he has & don't expect to be treated specially or engage in any small talk. It is all very perfunctory, he will look at your records as though it is 1st time he is looking at it, just as you are walking in & getting seated. The consultation is very fast, all over in less than 5 mins because he has MANY patients after you, no time to deal with any questions u have.

The attitude of the staff at the front desk is bad, very bad. See above story, very uncaring staff. If you are from Singapore & used to our local hospital standards, u will be in for an unpleasant experience. During the endometrical scratch, I was injected with a sedative which had ZERO effect in making me sleep & I was AWAKE the whole procedure! No one care if you are awake, they just started the procedure without checking, so I had to endure the whole procedure WIDE AWAKE. Worse, the sedative caused me to vomit badly after that & I was feeling weak & u expect them to care? NO! Since I was awake & didn't sleep, I went down & I ask that plump Chinese front desk assistant to call my husband to pick me, she refused to do so. Her excuse was she already told him the timing to pick me up! I was feeling weak so I didn't argue with her & sat down. I ended up waiting 1 hour for my hubby to pick me. If she bothered to call him, he could have picked me in 5 mins! What a bitch!

For embryo transfer, it is done while u are WIDE AWAKE. Dr Tan doesn't find it necessary to ensure u are blissfully sleeping. I know for sure in KK, you will be knockout with gas mask. For this clinic, expect to ENDURE THE DISCOMFORT.

Update: Ms Lee disturbed me on Whatsapp today (2 days later) to ask me REMOVE MY COMMENT on Motherhood Forum. Why should I? It is the truth. This proves my point, her excuse that their new staff screwup. Isn't that scary? How to trust them with sensitive IVF matters. Fyi, it is Ms Lee who FAILED to update the payment system as she handled that payment, such that TWICE, I have to tell the other staff I have already paid. The 1st time, that unpleasant plump Chinese front desk woman call my name loudly in front of all the patients while I was seated down. I went to front desk to find out what she wants. She was asking for this RM2000 payment. I told her "Already paid, check with Ms Lee!" She never update? 5 months later, AGAIN call me ask for SAME payment!!! Wonder what is wrong with these people? Imagine I have already paid them so much WITH NO RESULTS & still have to deal with their inadequacies. What a disgrace.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190507-171727_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190507-171727_Gallery.jpg
    651.9 KB · Views: 1,148
Last edited:
Hi judohoneypie,

Pls calm down, just some advice is that diff clinic operate differently, no pt comparing and comment harshly on their service, perhaps you can feedback to them and hope they will improve their services next round, i do agreed they are really busy so i do ask quick qns and clear all the doubts before leaving the clinic... always ask for receipts im case forgt the payments and reports so as to avoid misunderstding... gd luck...

Hi Ladies,

I had 3 ops due to endometriosis and 2 failed IVF cycles with Dr SF Loh in Singapore. I am checking the doctors in Msia out to see if they have a different protocol to tackle very low ovarian reserve (due to my op) and to save some cost. (My 2 cycles cost around sgd40k).

The bad feedbacks freaks me out but I guess as long as the success rate is high, I am willing to forgo the quality of customer service.

@juhohoneypie, i really appreciate your feedback on the bad customer service. From my experience in Singapore, embryo transfer is done without sedation (Dr SF Loh is one of the best fertility doct in SG and did the transfers w/o sedation, so I assume that it is common, no pain just discomfort like doing Pap smear) Are you taking about no sedation during egg retrieval? That will definitely freak me out !!

Hi Ladies,

I had 3 ops due to endometriosis and 2 failed IVF cycles with Dr SF Loh in Singapore. I am checking the doctors in Msia out to see if they have a different protocol to tackle very low ovarian reserve (due to my op) and to save some cost. (My 2 cycles cost around sgd40k).

The bad feedbacks freaks me out but I guess as long as the success rate is high, I am willing to forgo the quality of customer service.

@juhohoneypie, i really appreciate your feedback on the bad customer service. From my experience in Singapore, embryo transfer is done without sedation (Dr SF Loh is one of the best fertility doct in SG and did the transfers w/o sedation, so I assume that it is common, no pain just discomfort like doing Pap smear) Are you taking about no sedation during egg retrieval? That will definitely freak me out !!

Hi Littlelotus01,

Just offering another view on Dr Tan's clinic - I completed my third IVF with Dr Tan earlier this year and this weekend my pregnancy was confirmed via ultrasound - B/G twins! So the experience at his clinic has been:

1st cycle - 3x day 3 embryos transferred, no frozen. One girl born May 2018 last year. :)
2nd cycle - Dr increased the dosage slightly in the hope of producing more eggs but my eggs did not take it well. Only 1 poor quality blastocyst survived to day 6. No transfer.
3rd cycle - Dr went back to initial dose. Resulted in 5 day 6 embryos. 2 came back normal after PGS testing. Transferred both in June and now pregnant with B/G twins.

I don't know about his success rate for ladies with low ovarian reserve...I am 37 and have normal ovarian reserve. However he did say the success rate at his clinic for PGS tested embryos is around 70%.

For egg retrieval, it is done under GA so there will be no discomfort. There is no anaesthesia given for egg transfer, so there will be a big of discomfort. For me, it was only slightly more uncomfortable than a transvaginal ultrasound so it is still at a bearable level.

I have to agree that the counter staff is not customer-centric. There is one lady in particular who never smiles and seems quite "cold" and unsympathetic. It didn't bother me that much as I did not have to have much interaction with them.

I had no issues with Dr Tan personally. His style is very brisk, almost to the point of being brusque, but it is not surprising given the amount of patients he has to see. I find that he does make chit chat if you make chit chat with him, and he does answer your questions. I try to not ask too much and instead read up for myself more on the internet whenever possible.

Claire

Hi Littlelotus01,

Just offering another view on Dr Tan's clinic - I completed my third IVF with Dr Tan earlier this year and this weekend my pregnancy was confirmed via ultrasound - B/G twins! So the experience at his clinic has been:

1st cycle - 3x day 3 embryos transferred, no frozen. One girl born May 2018 last year. :)
2nd cycle - Dr increased the dosage slightly in the hope of producing more eggs but my eggs did not take it well. Only 1 poor quality blastocyst survived to day 6. No transfer.
3rd cycle - Dr went back to initial dose. Resulted in 5 day 6 embryos. 2 came back normal after PGS testing. Transferred both in June and now pregnant with B/G twins.

I don't know about his success rate for ladies with low ovarian reserve...I am 37 and have normal ovarian reserve. However he did say the success rate at his clinic for PGS tested embryos is around 70%.

For egg retrieval, it is done under GA so there will be no discomfort. There is no anaesthesia given for egg transfer, so there will be a big of discomfort. For me, it was only slightly more uncomfortable than a transvaginal ultrasound so it is still at a bearable level.

I have to agree that the counter staff is not customer-centric. There is one lady in particular who never smiles and seems quite "cold" and unsympathetic. It didn't bother me that much as I did not have to have much interaction with them.

I had no issues with Dr Tan personally. His style is very brisk, almost to the point of being brusque, but it is not surprising given the amount of patients he has to see. I find that he does make chit chat if you make chit chat with him, and he does answer your questions. I try to not ask too much and instead read up for myself more on the internet whenever possible.

Claire
Thanks a million for your feedback!! And congrats to your twins!

Yah. Due to my 3 endometriosis op my ovarian reserve is 0.2 ie low, towards very low.. I am now 36 yr old.... will seek dr tan’s advice and see how it goes.

Hi Claire, thanks for sharing your feedback. I am new to this forum and me and my husband recently decided to go for IVF from Dr. Tann. I am bit scared on the process. As you have already experienced the process, would you like to recommend any tips or tricks to follow before going for the IVf. Also please advise which one should be considered IVF or IVF PGS?

Hi Littlelotus01,

Claire

Hi Claire

Thanks for sharing, I read your experience and decided to go for the IVF with Dr Tan. I just did the egg retrieval and now waiting for the results. Mind to share with me the grading of the successful embryos for your IVF cycles? Thanks!

@Judohoneypie, I am sorry to hear about your experience... I hope you would be successful next time. From my experience in endometrial scratch at IVF Bridge, they also used a mild sedative on me because the procedure lasts only a short while. I was feeling ok though not completely asleep as well. I understand that the type of sedation that makes you go to sleep (from my friend who underwent appendicectomy..) would have longer-lasting effects and higher risks.. It is usually only used for major procedures...

I have no problem with Dr Tan, he is knowledgeable & professional. He always answered my questions. So make sure to prepare a list of questions to ask all at once when you come..

I don't know how the clinic works but I always get a receipt from them. I suppose mistakes do happen occasionally.. Please don’t be so harsh on them, the staff apologised after all....

Last edited:
What's wrong with this clinic? Payment already made & can still call me asking for more payment 5 MONTHS AFTER I LAST VISITED. Your internal coordination SUCKS BIG TIME!! How would u feel if this stupid clinic call out -of-the-blue & disturb u for RM2000 payment which u have already made? Still got cheek to ask me give proof. Wtf! If the internal staff are so screwup in payment & dont even know payment has been made & it is 2ND TIME THIS STUPID CLINIC ASKING FOR THAT PAYMENT AFTER I HAVE ALREADY PAID, makes u wonder how efficient they are dealing with sensitive stuff like eggs & embryos & ivf protocols. Fyi the clinic assistants are very unfriendly, unacommodating & unhelpful. When I had the endometrical scratch, I ask that unfriendly frontdesk plump chinese woman to help call my husband to pick me up, she REFUSED to do so. My handphone was not with me. I end up waiting 1 hour for him to return to the clinic to pick me up as she gave the wrong timing to him, saying the procedure takes 2 hours, when it was done within the hour. If she could have made that call, he could have picked me in 5mins & I was left waiting helplessly for 1 hour because of her attitude problem. Terrible service. Fyi, I paid SGD$18,000 (RM60,000) for the IVF & it was a FAILURE.
Which clinic?

Hi Claire, I would like to know if you continued your medicines after pregnancy confirmation from Dr. Tan?

Ladies that are or have been patients of Dr Fabian at TMC do you mind sharing with me how many eggs you were able to retrieve, fertilise, how many went on to day 3-5 blastocysts, and if it ended up in a pregnancy? despite him having a lot of people vouching for him it's hard to find concrete numbers. Yes I understand every one will have different health conditions so results will vary but anything you can share will be great. I'm trying to calculate the blastocyst conversion rate- for me this is an objective way to assess the quality of the lab. (They told me its around 60-65%, I'm taking that with a tablespoon of salt).

Hi Claire

Thanks for sharing, I read your experience and decided to go for the IVF with Dr Tan. I just did the egg retrieval and now waiting for the results. Mind to share with me the grading of the successful embryos for your IVF cycles? Thanks!
Hey babe! Do you went ahead with Dr Tan? How much did you pay in total? And most importantly, bfp? Hope you had a successful cycle! :)

hi.. i am new here.. would like to know the estimated cost for ivf at ivf bridge. Anyone know?

Hi

The quote in Aug2019 was
Stim jab to Eggs Retrieval 19k myr
Frozen transfer 2k myr
Free storage for 1year
PGS up to 5 blastocyst 11k myr
PGS 6th blastocyst and onward 2k myr each

Hope the above is helpful. Good luck.

Back