Rate for confinement lady during CNY?

My confinement was in 2009. the rate for CNY was $2400-$2800 i think. but one nanny quoted me double her normal rate of $1800, which i felt $3600 was too much! u may wish to check with agencies? some nannies do not work during CNY. have to book early.

Hi Seahorse,

Thanks. Coz i just booked one as my edd falls in cny and was quoted 2.8k. So i guess this is within the rate

Oh my goodness!!! $2.8k is a lot, I thought the normal rate is about $1.8k - $2k.

Besides taking care of the baby, cook for the mother, is the $2.8k inclusive of doing housework (e.g. wash toilet, vacuum & mop floor, do laundry & dishes, cooking for husband?)

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hi neongoby,

My CL charge $1.9k for normal month n $2.8k for cny period. This CL is used by my friends n this will be my 1st time with her. My friends said her duties include take care of bb, cooking, do housechores and marketing.

my nanny only took care of baby, cooked for me and hubby, does the dishes. does laundry for me, hubby and baby. minimal housework (only when necessary) like mop floor alternate days. no marketing. no taking care of other kids.

Hi, My confinement also fall on CNY. Thinking of engaging a confinement lady but the rate was too high around $3000.

Anybody can reccomend a good and reasonable rate Confinement lady? I am thinking of paying the normal rate and let confinement lady go back for CNY and come back for confinement after CNY

Hi Neongoby,

Could you kindly e-mail ([email protected]) me your CL contact details co's is not easy to get one CL that do wash toilet, vacuum & mop floor, do laundry & cooking for me/husband. How's her skill of cooking & taking care of baby? From Malaysia? How old is she?

Sorry for been asking so many question. Thanks ;-)

Hey cutebaby77,

Sorry, i have not engaged a CL yet. I am still deciding if I should get confinement catering and a part time maid to clean my hse rather than getting a CL.

The CL we contacted is charging $3200. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Her usual rate is $2200. For 40 days......

3sa,

You can try to negiotiate with your CL.

I just booked mine. I told her I let her go back during CNY. She just have to come back after CNY and continue with the balance.Her normal rate was $2000 and by let her going back for CNY I pay her $2300. If want her to stay through CNY, is about $3000.

CNY is just a few days . I intend to ask mum and maid to help that can avoid paying high rate lor.

Hi

yap I think it's around tat rate. My Edd is within the cny 15 days. But my cl told me tat seems to b tier charging. 1 rate for if service require by the 5th day of cny, another rate bet 6-9th day of cny n 10th day onwards.

The CL is charging me $2.1 k is it too x? My precious one did not charge this high but I heard the mkt increase. ??

Baywater

$2.1k is requird by the 5th day of cny or after that? it seems reasonable to me though. Others are charging at least $2500 and above...

Then again, it depends on the 'jobscope' of your CL, if she is cooking for your hubby too, doing some light house chores, stuff like that.

Hi Neongoby

$2.1 is the rate after cny. If fall within the cny it will b another rate which she has yet to tell me as she wants to chk with her counterparts on the mkt rate.

Her est is abt $2.8k

perfect moment, how many days did you let your CL went back? My CL chrg $2.8k and by letting her go back 3days, she's still asking for 2.6k.

Charmaine,

My CL going back for about 5-6 days . After CNY, she will return to continue the number of days which she have taken...

hmnnn..your CL rate of $2.6K is abit high since she is going back for CNY.. Is she going to return the number of leave she have taken?

for your case is a difference of about $200..which is not high as compared to mine of $700.

either you can negiotiate with her for a lower rate or take her full confinement service.

For me I am not willingly to pay high rate since my mother is available during the CNY ..

thanks perfect moment, will negotiate with my CL when i'm nearer to my edd. I may employ her in jan at normal rate as i have intentions to c-sec my bb 2-3weeks early

I am in two-minds abt this as well. Not willing to pay more than say $2.3k.

Perhaps I can tong by myself until after 15th day of CNY if my kid comes before then, and the CL can start for 40 days whenever the rate reverts to normalcy.

EDD is 19 Feb but that's 40 weeks. Think likely that kid comes out from 36 weeks onwards since that's already considered full term. sigh.

should have planned better when TTC-ing! haha.

Hi all.

I would like to recommend my confinement lady to those who need one.

She is really very good. I am currently engaging her for the 2nd month cos my BB is quite abit to handle.

She is very patient with BB and can see that she loves BB alot. She took really good care of my whole family (including my 2 dogs).

When I brought my BB back for review with my PD, even my PD complimented to me that I got myself a good confinement lady cos she is very knowledgeable and ask me to learn more from my confinement lady.

If anyone is interested to engage her, you can PM me or email me at [email protected] for her contact number.

Thumbs up for my confinement lady. She really relieved me of all my worries. That's why I want to share this with all the mums-to-be out there. All your concerns will be gone if you engaged her. That's provided her schedule allows. She very proactive & hygiene. That's my no 1 priority. Practicaly no need to say and things get done. Best!!!! Just say you are recommended by Lixuan you might get a better rate! Some CL are relatively cheap but I go for quality rather than the cost.

Contact no: +65 93909291

M'sia: 0177164527

Hi Neongoby, I wonder have you found a CL yet? I am a CL, my normal charges would be $2000. From your previous post, I found that you require a CL during cny. If you are still keen on looking for CL, you can contact me at [email protected], or my mobile at +60143409497, then we will discuss further info.

Please be aware of Aunty Lian if she's recommending her jie mei CL for you.

She charged me $2.2k and asked for $300 deposit.

I thought the deposit is for her jie mei, only to find out later that the deposit was her drink coffee money and the rest $1.9k goes to the CL.

i am so angry. i got myself a confinement lady who charge me a rate i agree as it will eat into cny. now she call n tell me she need to charge me 200 more as she saw wrongly the cny dates.

since she dun honor her word, i wonder whether i shd engage her? she told me she has another assignment and she is willing to pay her the rate she now quote me.

now i have to look ard for confinement lady again...if cannot find, i dun know whether i shd use her or not.....sigh....

any advice?

jkids

You should continue to use her orless yr deposit will be forfeitted.

Normally during CNY, Confinement Nanny will charge at least $1000 more compare to other days.

Back