Quitting while on ML

Dreamer2

Hi ladies. I'm 16 weeks preggers, still haven't told my boss. I was planning to quit before I found I was preggers, now I'll stay for ML and benefits. I'm planning to start my ML a month before delivery (I have that right in the contract) and then quit at the end of the third month of ML (giving up the fourth month of ML pay) to consider that as my 1mth's notice. Has anyone done this? Could you share your experience please? I want to avoid returning to work to serve 1mth notice, as it'll be peak season at work then. I've just done enough for this company for many years with no complaints and barely any raises and I really don't feel paiseh to exercise my full rights now.

I'm also planning to quit after I give birth but my notice period is 2 months. I think you should enjoy your full 16 weeks benefits and during your 1 month notice, just apply alot of CCL and AL to offset your notice period. That's what I'm planning to do.

Hi ladies. I'm 16 weeks preggers, still haven't told my boss. I was planning to quit before I found I was preggers, now I'll stay for ML and benefits. I'm planning to start my ML a month before delivery (I have that right in the contract) and then quit at the end of the third month of ML (giving up the fourth month of ML pay) to consider that as my 1mth's notice. Has anyone done this? Could you share your experience please? I want to avoid returning to work to serve 1mth notice, as it'll be peak season at work then. I've just done enough for this company for many years with no complaints and barely any raises and I really don't feel paiseh to exercise my full rights now.

you may want to call mom and check it out, follow by a black and white email from them that you are eligible to do so..

And I think you need to have a proper handover before u go for ML ba.. :)

Don stress yourself too much on this.. ;)

I took alll 4months ML, went back to work aft that and give them 24hours notice(informed my boss a week bf about my plan). I didn't mind paying them one month's pay.
Was back home , justt nice to feed my BB.
I worked there solid good years! Big bosses came down to hv a chat w me about my decision. They said i can stilll go back once i am comfortable/ready to come back.

When I was pregnant with my first child, I accumulated a lot of MCs. So when I returned to work aft my ML, company used my leave balance to offset the one month’s notice. So I just worked for one or two days only.

I think best way to call MOM and enquire. And get black and white as a proof.
Then you can use maternity leave calculator from MOM website and calculate.
Talk to your boss and ensure there's black and white (some company have forms) agreement.

Don't later story change bla3 and you have no proof of communication. Better have written than just verbally. :)

I'm planning to use my full Maternity benefits and on the day I return to work will resign and use my annual leave to clear my notice period. I'm starting to save up AL now just for this.

Back