Prenatal depression

Pinkgal23

Hi All, I am utterly depressed almost all the time. Especially now I am 23 weeks n unhappy at work and at home. I also have complication with my pregnancy. I ended up lost about 6 kg. I really hate my job and i always hide in the toilet or one corner to cry several times a day. I do not have a supportive management. Which what can i say business is business when they know i m pregnant things get different. I also have a senior of 20 years in the company finally have the chance to pinpoint at me because the management is changing views on me as well. Eventually things turn very sour and tension between two of us.

At home, cos my husband is staying at my in laws i dont get to see him often as our BTO is only ready end of this year. I did not share with my husband due to he is not interested in my work. And currently he is jobless. I have to take care of my son at my parents house. I really felt very useless. Sometimes i broke down in front of my son.

Last edited:

Hi pinkgal, sorry to hear of your unsupportive workplace. My two cents' worth: try to shut your feelings and keep your eye on the prize - PAID MATERNITY LEAVE. You only need to tahan 4 more months before you give birth! You can look for another job when you are on maternity leave. Remember you are NOT stuck, you have a CHOICE, it's just the timing may be abit slow! Im 20 weeks along now and last week someone threatened to sue me due to some work issue. I shut my emotion and told myself: would this matter in 10 years time? No, my family will be the one who still matter to me until my last breath. I think the secret to happiness is to stop having expectation of other people. I told myself it's ok if im treated like xhit, i'll just treat myself well and chart my own future plan. Also count our blessings that we could have children. I have friends who tried many rounds of ivf yet unable to conceive and fell into depression. Let's try to be positive!

Fighting OP!! You can do it, you are halfway now, it must be tough now for you, but for the sake of baby you can do it, can ur parent or sibling support you?

Hi All, I am utterly depressed almost all the time. Especially now I am 23 weeks n unhappy at work and at home. I also have complication with my pregnancy. I ended up lost about 6 kg. I really hate my job and i always hide in the toilet or one corner to cry several times a day. I do not have a supportive management. Which what can i say business is business when they know i m pregnant things get different. I also have a senior of 20 years in the company finally have the chance to pinpoint at me because the management is changing views on me as well. Eventually things turn very sour and tension between two of us.

At home, cos my husband is staying at my in laws i dont get to see him often as our BTO is only ready end of this year. I did not share with my husband due to he is not interested in my work. And currently he is jobless. I have to take care of my son at my parents house. I really felt very useless. Sometimes i broke down in front of my son.

Hi, I think pregnancy is a time whereby we are more hormonal. Hope you will be ok, think of your baby and Son :). Perhaps you can share with your Husband your feelings and tell him you hope he can step up to help you...

For me, actually during my first trimester I also quite depressed. Perhaps because I was on duph Aston, too much hormones.. no idea... I would also break down in the toliet at my office! I was on HL for 7 days, still try to work hard for my office... got hubby to get a new laptop for me just so I can access my company emails and settle some necessary work. However, when I came back to office, not a single colleague except my boss ask how I am... everyone just ignore me. I couldn't take it, Why everyone so cold towards me... one colleague even keep calling to demand to know why I Cc her in some emails. I broke down a few times in my company toliet. When my Husband saw how upset I am at work, he support me to quit.... family support is so important during our pregnancy. Hope you can share your worries with at least your parents so that they can encourage you. Take care!

Pardon me.. I think ur husband should do more. Show more concern to you, live with you?

Hi mummies
I dont know is it due to the preggy hormones or what. I feel very sad easily. Not becos of my hubby or family. Is becos of frens. I lost my besties. After that i got no more frens. When i have my first pregnancy, i joiny mummy group. I though i can make new frens. But they form groups. No matter how hard i try to join. I alway being excluded. Now i got pregnant again. I join another new mummies group. I was hoping i can make new frens n hopefully from there can have a few close frens. Yet same things happen again. They excluded me from gathering and form their own whatsapp group. I keep thinking what i have done wrong or is there anything which i have said wrongly

Hi mummies
I dont know is it due to the preggy hormones or what. I feel very sad easily. Not becos of my hubby or family. Is becos of frens. I lost my besties. After that i got no more frens. When i have my first pregnancy, i joiny mummy group. I though i can make new frens. But they form groups. No matter how hard i try to join. I alway being excluded. Now i got pregnant again. I join another new mummies group. I was hoping i can make new frens n hopefully from there can have a few close frens. Yet same things happen again. They excluded me from gathering and form their own whatsapp group. I keep thinking what i have done wrong or is there anything which i have said wrongly
Pregnancy might be the best thing ever for a woman.
Not sure why u lost ur besties? But definitely got nothing to do with ur pregnancy. If because of ur pregnancy, ur besties left u, such friends are not worth.
Ur hubby can doubled up as ur friend too.
I learn to listen more to my wife, understand her needs and frustrations.

Talk to ur hubby about it.

Just sharing.

Pregnancy might be the best thing ever for a woman.
Not sure why u lost ur besties? But definitely got nothing to do with ur pregnancy. If because of ur pregnancy, ur besties left u, such friends are not worth.
Ur hubby can doubled up as ur friend too.
I learn to listen more to my wife, understand her needs and frustrations.

Talk to ur hubby about it.

Just sharing.

Ya my hubby is nice. But no matter what we still need frens right? I jus feel sth is missing when i do not have frens. My besties leftbme nt becos of my pregnancy la. Its becos of a small misunderstanding cause by another person during my wedding day. But i try to salvage after becos i still treasure our friendship. But then when theres a scar, its difficult to repair it. So what i can do? Jus move on my life. Search for new friends. Along the way i do make a lot friends. But they are like jus passer by. I try very hard to get into the group but is alway useless. They alway exclude me. Sometime i feel it is so hard to find friends of same kind and can click tgt. I only wan a few close friends. Is it so harf to find?

Ya my hubby is nice. But no matter what we still need frens right? I jus feel sth is missing when i do not have frens. My besties leftbme nt becos of my pregnancy la. Its becos of a small misunderstanding cause by another person during my wedding day. But i try to salvage after becos i still treasure our friendship. But then when theres a scar, its difficult to repair it. So what i can do? Jus move on my life. Search for new friends. Along the way i do make a lot friends. But they are like jus passer by. I try very hard to get into the group but is alway useless. They alway exclude me. Sometime i feel it is so hard to find friends of same kind and can click tgt. I only wan a few close friends. Is it so harf to find?
I feel the same as you. I joined a mummies group but always find that I was excluded from group gathering. But I don't blame them. Maybe I am a boring person or not interesting enough. To me, finding a true friend is more important than having many friends. What is the point of join the those smaller group if there is no true friendship. I know some group were formed because they share the same gossip. Gossiping seems interesting but hey.. this is very bad influence and culture. I rather find a good true friend than joining group. Besides, why are you waiting for people to invite you? If you have a mummy friend whom you think she is a nice person, ask her out and see if both of you can be good friend. Don't sit and waiting for invitation.

I feel the same as you. I joined a mummies group but always find that I was excluded from group gathering. But I don't blame them. Maybe I am a boring person or not interesting enough. To me, finding a true friend is more important than having many friends. What is the point of join the those smaller group if there is no true friendship. I know some group were formed because they share the same gossip. Gossiping seems interesting but hey.. this is very bad influence and culture. I rather find a good true friend than joining group. Besides, why are you waiting for people to invite you? If you have a mummy friend whom you think she is a nice person, ask her out and see if both of you can be good friend. Don't sit and waiting for invitation.
I agree true fren is enough. But i dun have a true fren. I try to initiate a lunch or dinner meet up. But i was rejected with all the mummies twice. Some say cannot make some totally cant be bother
So hard to find a single or couple of frens to talk. Everyone just wan to be in the group with the popular one. Nobody wants to talk or dinner with me

I agree true fren is enough. But i dun have a true fren. I try to initiate a lunch or dinner meet up. But i was rejected with all the mummies twice. Some say cannot make some totally cant be bother
So hard to find a single or couple of frens to talk. Everyone just wan to be in the group with the popular one. Nobody wants to talk or dinner with me
That's because you haven't found the right true friend. Ask one mummy out instead of a few of them. Start with private massage first then if click ask her out for lunch.

Back