Poor OSCAR test but low risk NIPT test

MsSakuranbo

Hi all,

I just received my Igene NIPT test and OSCAR scan test and it has some mixed results. OSCAR shows NT( nuchal translucency) of 2.9mm and it increased the risk to 1:106 for trisomies. But nasal bone is present and nothing else seems abnormal. I took NIPT test on the same day as OSCAR and result came out low risk and not detected for any of the three trisomies. My OB however still ask me to consider amnio because of the poor oscar result and as I’m 36 this year. Has anyone ever experienced something like this and go for amnio?

I got 1 in 300 plus for the NT oscars scan but my harmony test shows that im under the low prob of 1 in 10,000. My gynae said just consider harmony test result but of cos, there is no 100% unless you do amnio. His rec is dont need.

I got 1 in 300 plus for the NT oscars scan but my harmony test shows that im under the low prob of 1 in 10,000. My gynae said just consider harmony test result but of cos, there is no 100% unless you do amnio. His rec is dont need.

thanks! That’s a relief. My igene NIPT is showing prob of 1 in 2 billion something for the down syndrome and 1 in 5 billion for other trisomies. I also went for a second opinion in the end and that gynae said no need to go amnio. Yeah of coz nothing is certain, but let’s just pray hard and have faith!

Last edited:

Back