Amniocentesis test

Pennyrain

Hi all, just went for week 12 first trimester scan.. with thickened nuchal translucency (NT) at 3.4mm and absence of nasal bone. Our blood test for nipt panorama is low risk.

Dr still suggested amniocentesis test. Worried cause of risk of MC. Had a MC before this bb too.

Anyone has been through similar? Will NT and nasal bone be "normalised" later on of pregnancy?

So so worried and depressed

Hi all, just went for week 12 first trimester scan.. with thickened nuchal translucency (NT) at 3.4mm and absence of nasal bone. Our blood test for nipt panorama is low risk.

Dr still suggested amniocentesis test. Worried cause of risk of MC. Had a MC before this bb too.

Anyone has been through similar? Will NT and nasal bone be "normalised" later on of pregnancy?

So so worried and depressed
Hi, May I know how did you amnio turned out in the end?
I did my Oscar scan today too, NT 3.2mm, no nasal bone detected so it made my Trisomy 21 results 1:2 and I would like to know what is the next step because doctor suggested amnio too.

I did my Oscar scan today too, NT 3.2mm, no nasal bone detected so it made my Trisomy 21 results 1:2 and I would like to know what is the next step because doctor suggested amnio too.

Hello there!

Thankfully, my amnio result was normal and nasal bone had also grown which was detected during week 16 early fetal abnormality scan (similar to week 20 detailed scan). It was a late ossification. It was an anxious and worrisome period as I only did my amnio on week 17 and waited two more weeks for the result. Normally people do amnio for a peace of mind.. I think amnio can only be done from week 16-20.

Hello there!

Thankfully, my amnio result was normal and nasal bone had also grown which was detected during week 16 early fetal abnormality scan (similar to week 20 detailed scan). It was a late ossification. It was an anxious and worrisome period as I only did my amnio on week 17 and waited two more weeks for the result. Normally people do amnio for a peace of mind.. I think amnio can only be done from week 16-20.
Yeah, Dr scheduled mine at 16 weeks (Next month) plus another 2 weeks wait.
It's a stressful time for me and hub because last year same time we lost our child at 5months to hypoplastic left heart that is incurable even if birth, Dr told me it could be a one off because I had 2 beautiful child already.

Yet, this time round same thing happened at the Oscar stage but the heart is fine this time.

Any ladies did amniocentesis due to high risk result from Panorama for T21? Can share with me your amniocentesis results if positive and did u wait till the detailed scan at week 20 to confirm everything? Am preparing myself for the worst.

Hi there, can i know how your result turn out? I am in the exact same situation and had just done my amnio. Praying for a good result.

I done amnio for my twins pregnancy and it turned out fine. Indeed it was a worrisome waiting time as I worry of risk of miscarriage since twins is double the chance

Back