Poor employers whose maid is asking 4 off days or changing employer

coping

Mine just signed new contract..500 and 1 off and now leaving... Sigh..govt..can help us..u say give birth we give birth to 3 n now even fresh Myanmar maids say 3 storey hse yes 3 kids no!!!after I agreed to take her.other transfer maid influence her and refused to work..waste my x go agt to see her and interview her personally..

*BIG SIGH*
I know what you mean!

The maid is supposed to HELP us and with the new regulations - it is giving me a headache. My hubby is running his own business so he works over the weekends. AND it is the weekends that i need help the most because I have my 2 youngs kids with me. How to give OFF on weekends to let them go out with their friends? Weekdays no one to go out with them so they dont want to go off, only want to go off on weekends!!!

GRRRRRRR

I can so identify with this phrase "3 storey hse yes 3 kids no!!" This is so true, and in fact, the more picky ones (usually Philipinos) are even saying NO at 2!! It is totally their market, yeah? So, be a Singaporean is so tough luck right? Have a bigger family, LHL said. OK, we love kids so we do that, too...

Big family need big place - property UP UP UP
Big family need 1 car - car COE is $80k!
Big family need a maid - maid say only do small family.

We are so screwed!

My hb 5 half day week.sun off n now next yr is going to be tiring for us..me sahm of 3 kids...all so young..govt..happy parents happy kids...what if we mums die of exhaustion or depression?? Our kids yes our responbilities but it tooo stessful especially for us...just say twins No maids..put in cc ..take turns sick including us n helper...helper not vv obedient but when comes to 4 off every obedient say it is a law!! N every helper waiting for next wk sign new contract..suddenly 50-70 increase in pay n

if you have a big house, and finances are of no issue - you can consider employing 2 maids? Or have a part time cleaner to come in on days when the maids are on their off days.

frogprincess - ya it's usually d filipinos who r more choosy..d maid which I had just trsf out say she wants to find employer that stay in small house, no kids, no pets, with 2 healthy elderlys..

nowadays to employ maids of any nationalities is very headache to us employer n we must treat them like princess...knot scold, knot tell them off, have to keep reminding them of daily chores..gosh I feel as if I have another tod at home!!

N yes I find the off days ridiculous as well...no doubt they need their off days but to make it mandatory every wk off 1 day (which they will choose weekends when we need them the most!)...n if we don't let them or they don't want off, employers have to pay them...we r employees as well so how come our employers don't pay us for our off days??

sometimes I really wonder how supportive is our government towards their own citizens?? asking for more kids yet making everything more expensive..n even adding to our stress n troubles is the maid issue...

Michael my hse small apt..used to squeeze two helpers when bb born but,after I sahm..i need only one m tt theother out and all trouble begins..the only maid refused to carry on..n when kids in cc ..u tellk any maid twins even Myanmar eng so bad and ans is no!! Chores yes but kids no...kids hv tantrum..when yg when sick might vomit..n nd to toilet train etc..i think when my twins grown up maybe can get a maid!! Y do I nd two maids my hse 900 sqm only sooo mini....sigh..

Maybe brand new Myanmar one but last x I had a confinement nanny n taught her 3 mths then eng btr..but vomitted a lot of blood..really only those with brand new Myanmar will take..fili no not even new ones will come..indo agt fee so high m I cant speak Malay..1.6 k agt fee! N no guarantee good ones

I really no wish to get a stranger but I need one for my sanity..taking care of twins vv demanding..n I hv elder one...twins only half day cc n pm I hv 3 kids to handle..even with a maid we Adult need to eat tingkat..well govt think sahm easy job!! Cos reduced subsidies for us. It the toughest job..i nd to teach I beed to clean I need to discipline..n my older kid has tons of homework..i even make him do chores but if course after much nagging..only can pray I dun fall sick.maid falk sick can rest but still remind me off day!! But mum fall sick who can help..last x families are close knitted now grand parents want freedom..they are so agst been the caregivers

We love kids but I m really tired of training and trusting maidsn.i actually told present maid after her contracts ends I will not hv another..but now only 2 mthos n say mum sick nd to go home urgently but I do suspect it is some excuse!!

U are right my sil maid say her sil want to come..tell me since Sept but refused to come say I 3 kids she earn just as much as a manicurist too..how?? Get sri Lanka or Vietnam or Cambodia maids? Govt pl want more bb pay us to ve parents good ones.my kids dun watch tv m I really invest x n energy to care but I nd some one to dp chores..i told hb life greatest irony u wk so hard but next x u retire kids out of hse.i even suggest hb y not we just downgrade even smaller flat take mrt..we just go a second hd car n u ek part time..then wr dun need maids

Maybe you can consider putting the twins in full day CC - the incremental fees is usually quite low. This way, it frees up more time for you with your elder one. Then, hire a part time to come in in the morning/afternoon when the twins are not in. Taking care of 3 kids alone is not easy but it can be quite doable. Think the YES I CAN attitude - this maid thing only applicable to us in SG. My friend living abroad with 3 kids below 5, she cleans, cooks, and takes care of them 24 x 7. Can't even get any part time help, and cannot afford daycare. Jia you!

@good try: sorry I got the wrong impression, thought you live in a 3-storey house.

According to the maid profiles in agency, some of them claims to be ok with looking after children. Perhaps a reward system would help:

1. pay her abit more for looking after children, tell her this is "children fee"

2. when hiring, tell her that there isn't an option for transfer if she doesn't want to work - she'll be sent back to home country.

Actually I pay for full day but they premature so cant stay full day..half day already fall sick quite often..dun laugh their cc is 200 but see dr more exp..they on ventolin flexsotide singular zytec...singular vv exp one pill 3 bucks x 2 n probio gaia.. Sigh..cc not a solution..i tried nanny she charged me 500 to come my place 3 x a wk pm so I can cope.. But she 74 n vv exp

Michael I tried...say twins all maid even new ones say no!!! Even say twins in cc bk pm also no...maybe I shd say 2 kids happen same age!!!

My daughter was borderline premature too... There was a period of which she was virtually always on ventolin, paracetamol, ibuprofen, or piriton! But it is usually a phase that they will pass. Once we were admitted for chest infection - I look at all the other children, and told myself, "THEY are so sick".... My daughter is only small matter. So I must count my blessings and don't complain too much!

What about neighbors, siblings, relatives, friends? You might be surprised at how much a fellow mommy will be willing to lend a helping hand - most probably because we have been there, and we have been helped. I recalled once when I was so sick with food poisoning, a neighbor took my daughter to her house all day, and cooked me porridge for lunch and soup for dinner!

Oh, and PM me if you wanna check out my maid agent - quite responsible. No idea how much are their charges now, though.

I'm wondering the govt is doing the right thing.Increase salary,4 off days,light work,yet dont want to work n finish 2 yrs contract.Employer getting worker is me giving job order n not maid choosing job order right?How can let them choose employer,work for few weeks/months ,want to change employer,increase salary,really big headache....angry.....

Frog u been thru quite a bit.my neighbors I did,ask.. But asked me dum u hv in laws?? Well im laws tell me y gp n give birth... In laws say last x where got maid..ple also survive...sigh.. Well pple usually ask us get maid...i mean maids!!! Then no prob..one off sat one off sun n both chit chat

That is why I say... when you have neighbors or friends that has been in similar situation as you, they will definitely go all the way out to help.

MIL - only wants to play, fair weathered friend, no more than 2hrs each session. Comes to my place and make herself the queen of the castle.

Mom - can handle full day including cooking and feeding the kids and can even cook dinner for me. But no commitment. Smallest excuse will runaway to my brother's place. SON IS FIRST.

Maid - bare minimum. Can take care but will not teach. Best you leave her alone and she leave the baby alone. More interested in washing and ironing. Now 2 kids in full day CC so she can do that all day long. Can cook a meal but can vomit blood. Yesterday cooked 1kg of pork ribs as a dish... there's only 2 person eating dinner. Make sense? That is the maid. Expecting #3 now and at the same time expecting maid to quit. Make sense? hahaha....

I adopt this philosophy... you think you have been through a lot. Then you start to look at what so many others going through. Then you realise, you are so lucky. Makes things easier. I know there are people that I can count on when I SOS them - my brother, his wife, my neighbors...

Also, sometimes parenting and babysitting is like "WORK". If you love your job and love your work, are you actually still WORKING? But because you enjoy it so much, it seems so easy, so meaningful, and so fulfilling, right? So, to me, parenting is like this. Night waking is like this. If I wake up in the middle of the night "HATING"... then it goes downhill. If I wake up "LOVING"... then there is only love. Adopting a positive attitute make things look so much more bearable. Hang in there... you can do it. And I bet your twins are sooooo CUTE!! If you stay near my place I can offer playgroup :)

I went n get a transfer Myanmar maid coming tomorrow.praying she will be helpful..y so suddenly?? Agt made him rushed down yesterday as she claimed that yesterday was last day get maid after that..every day off addition if 17-20 if I dun allow to her to take..n it crazy..my last maid pay was 370 for an experienced Myanmar maid ex. Spore but she left in Sept..the 2 mth old indo maid lv soon is 500 with day off n now a fresh Myanmar maid is 450 no off if you get yesterday..today is 500!!!!

Back