Poor appetite

Dora Su

Does anyone know how to improve lo's appetite? My lo is 8yr old now. He has poor appetite recently, he eats less and always asks for sweets.... I don't want to give him sweets because it causes decayed teeth.
I bought him fresh milk in order to help him get more nutrient but sometimes he'll have diarrhea. The doctor told me he has a nervous stomach and need to strengthen his stomach & spleen which control absorption.
I'm worried about my lo's health becos he needs to have balanced meals to grow healthy......
Does any mummies face the same condition? How do you boost your lo's appetite? Please advice!

I heard from other mummies that adding huai san to his soup or rice will improve appetite overtime.
You can also try to entice him by making the presentation of his meals attractive.

Hi I also face the same problem. I have 2 kids and one of them have irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), so I need to be more thoughtful while preparing their meals. My suggestion is that let your child have enough dietary fiber everyday, foods like apple, banana, veggies, yogurt, fish are good and gentle for his stomach and spleen. If he doesn't like to eat veggies, you can make veggie&fruit juice for him. You can also replace sweets with honey, more healthier!

Attachments

• IBS Diet.jpg
    IBS Diet.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 1,915
It's very important to nourish spleen and stomach leh.. they are foundation in tcm aspect.
During my confinement, besides drink tian yuan xiang sih shen chicken essence, I also ate sweet potato, pumpkin and so on to take care of my spleen and stomach.
Wouldn't milk stimulate nervous stomach too much meh? Maybe you can try out those food that Grace mentioned above.

Hi my lo also has nervous stomach....I think you can try chicken essence for children from tian yuan xiang to strengthen his stomach and spleen function to get a better absorption. I bought 1 box for my lo when the store opened. My lo really likes the taste and I found he eats dinner with good appetite now.
By the way, their chicken essence for children has $25 off discount. Tagging 3 friends can also get a free cup! The campaign only lasts to 10/9. Don't miss this chance, mummies!
Click the link to get more information: http://www.qchicken.com.sg/儿童滴鸡精?advID=201709IGchildren

Attachments

• 201709兒童滴雞精.jpg
    201709兒童滴雞精.jpg
    351 KB · Views: 84
Hi Dora Su,

i think you should not give milk if your child tends to have diarrhea... my child used to be very picky of food until my friend receommended me a natural product which i think it helped my child. Its a organic fruit juice by a US doctor. Not sure whether the product is helpful to you. Let me know if you are keen and i can share some with you.

Sometimes children have nervous stomach because they heavy pressure of school assignment and exams. Try your best to prepare healthy food for him and also encourage him to go exercising (swimming, playing basketball..) instead of playing online games at home. Doing exercise will lead to good appetite and better sleeping quality, both are important keys for growing healthy!

@Dora Su You can try to make congee for you lo. When my lo has poor appetite, I usually prepare a bowl of healthy and delicious congee for him. I cook brown or white rice with chopped veggies, mushrooms, and meat in it. I'll also add 1 pack tian yuan xiang chicken essence in it, and mix with congee to make it tastier. My lo loves this meal!

Back