Polyp removal before IUI anyone?

Pihu123

Hi, ttc for 1st time. I am 35+ now and went to see Dr. Anypriya Agarwal at GlenE. She suggested IUI but said there is polyp which need to be removed first. Has anyone experienced the same? Also any past experience with Dr. Anupriya anyone? should i consult some other doctor? Please guide

Hi, ttc for 1st time. I am 35+ now and went to see Dr. Anypriya Agarwal at GlenE. She suggested IUI but said there is polyp which need to be removed first. Has anyone experienced the same? Also any past experience with Dr. Anupriya anyone? should i consult some other doctor? Please guide

hi, I also have mine removed. depends on the location I think. mine was inside uterus, so it will affect my chances of implantation. I've rested 3 months after the op (needed as advised by doc) and tried 3 months naturally with clomid. so far still no good news. so thinking to try iui now.. Good luck..

I would recommend to remove it if the size and location of the polyp will be an issue for implementation or growth at later stage. I should have removed it earlier…my personal experience, mine was about 1.7cm in scans, and first doctor suggested to remove 2 years ago, but I went for 2nd opinion (very conservative doctor) who suggested to try for 6 months. In the end, no good news and we went for scan, doctor still thought the size was okay and can try for another 6 months. We went back and tried, no lucks. In the end I was tired with trying and disappointment, I insisted on removing. It turned out to be 3.7cm measurement after the operation!!! Which was huge and block the way for sperm to meet the egg! The scans previously done was not accurate and it might only measure a certain angle which did not tell the real size. So, depends on the size and location, I would suggest to take it out earlier, it might make you pregnant sooner and save much time. It is a day survey, and very simple to me. Did not cause pains or discomfort. You may try for a few months, but pls not like a year like what I did. But if it is really less than 1cm, I think ok to continue trying while monitoring every 6 months. Good luck for you!!!

Last edited:
hi, I also have mine removed. depends on the location I think. mine was inside uterus, so it will affect my chances of implantation. I've rested 3 months after the op (needed as advised by doc) and tried 3 months naturally with clomid. so far still no good news. so thinking to try iui now.. Good luck..

Hi. I hope you have done the necessary by now.
We are above 35 as well and trying.
I had polyp removed in the Dr's office. And taken Letrozole. The Dr says that polyp is not the cause for infertility but may be a problem when I do get pregnant. When they remove polyp, they usually collect it and send for lab test to check if it is cancerous.
My view on Dr Anupriya. Ermmm.... I dont feel comfortable with her as my encounters with her was not pleasant.
On my CD13 had a follicle scan, but no dominant follicle detected, so Dr increased Letrozole dosage to start on the same day. The following week came back and the scan was fast this time. Endo lining good, dominant follicle seen. On the same day, had my HCG 5000unit shot.
And this mrg had IUI done. Hope this helps in a way.
In the meantime, babydust to all.

Last edited:

Back