Pissed with parent's comments

mama_joanne

I was very pissed with my parent's comments earlier. My dad say those kids go childcare usually or mostly go polytechnic. And those taken care by grandparents or own morhers go university. My daughter go to childcare later when she turn 2.5yr old. My mother do not want to take care. Now my mother agree that those go childcare go polytechnic. What comment is this? My third sister is university grad but her attitude was not good to my parents either.

I am going for interview next week for managerial post. But instead of encouragement my dad said that i am diploma holder and wont have high chance of getting compared to uni grad. Humm a bit upset after hearing.

I love to further study but i got 3 kids. And really very tiring to take care of them.

Just here to vent my anger. Thanks for reading.

Yr parents very funny. Anyway, I've been hearing lots of negative comments from my older sister coz I'm a poly grad n housewife now whereas she have ACCA cert and an Accounting Mgr....so I always feel like killing her...lol...

I was very pissed with my parent's comments earlier. My dad say those kids go childcare usually or mostly go polytechnic. And those taken care by grandparents or own morhers go university. My daughter go to childcare later when she turn 2.5yr old. My mother do not want to take care. Now my mother agree that those go childcare go polytechnic. What comment is this? My third sister is university grad but her attitude was not good to my parents either.

I am going for interview next week for managerial post. But instead of encouragement my dad said that i am diploma holder and wont have high chance of getting compared to uni grad. Humm a bit upset after hearing.

I love to further study but i got 3 kids. And really very tiring to take care of them. Just here to vent my anger.
你父母怎么讲是受人影响。实际上,没这回事。

看看recent news读书聪明Chan Chun Hong, have sex with under-aged.
前法官Tey Tsun Hang - sex for grade scandal.
Former CNB chief Ng Boon Gay,- received oral sex bribery.
27 white horses 嫖雏妓. 其中一个是老师朋友的老公!He was the only high ranking police officer charged. His wife was internally removed and transferred out from MHA.

统统读书都很厉害,赚钱number 1. 结果,全部还不是贱骨头吗!

这年头,媳妇/女儿生不出,就希望有孙子抱!那些有孙子抱的,又要读书聪明。真的,人的心很难满足! Imagine, when you can't birth, I am sure they (including your in laws) will sure nag at you. After you gave birth, old folks want extra!

老人没学佛,思想都很糊涂。

Yr parents very funny. Anyway, I've been hearing lots of negative comments from my older sister coz I'm a poly grad n housewife now whereas she have ACCA cert and an Accounting Mgr....so I always feel like killing her...lol...
I agree! My mum always say how best is my second younger sister. She dont even want to help me take care cause scared my sister jealous. Well feel upset but nothing we can do :( she say my sister hdb bto at queensway very grand and worth $. But mine at hg not that worth. I feel sad cause i get it near her house. My sister always make use of me to fetch mum home cause she stay cck. Humm but well mum still think she better.

你父母怎么讲是受人影响。实际上,没这回事。

27 white horses 嫖雏妓. 其中一个是老师朋友的老公!He was the only high ranking police officer charged. His wife was internally removed and transferred out from MHA.

这年头,媳妇/女儿生不出,就希望有孙子抱!那些有孙子抱的,又要读书聪明。真的,人的心很难满足! Imagine, when you can't birth, I am sure they (including your in laws) will sure nag at you. After you gave birth, old folks want extra!

老人没学佛,思想都很糊涂。
老师, 媳妇生了,家婆也不看。我没工作五个月,在家看宝宝, 谁有为我想。有时候也有不想活。好累。

你父母怎么讲是受人影响。实际上,没这回事。

老人没学佛,思想都很糊涂。

老师说的真好。

可是我的姐姐和妈妈就是学佛学到sot (crazy). She n my mom very extreme.

I agree! My mum always say how best is my second younger sister. She dont even want to help me take care cause scared my sister jealous. Well feel upset but nothing we can do :( she say my sister hdb bto at queensway very grand and worth $. But mine at hg not that worth. I feel sad cause i get it near her house. My sister always make use of me to fetch mum home cause she stay cck. Humm but well mum still think she better.
Don't feel sad coz u can't please everyone. As long as hb good to u, children healthy is enough. My mom also will compare but well, my sis got no children tho she got career. I got no career but I got my own family. My mom won't have many years to compare n I don't see her often.

Lols ..... this is really hilarious :D:D:D
Ya coz everything she say, she will always say kids who go to 佛堂to learn三字经is more clever. I purposely bring my kids to教堂. And they attend christian school. Wahahahaha... They are extremist and I'm opposition.

Don't feel sad coz u can't please everyone. As long as hb good to u, children healthy is enough. My mom also will compare but well, my sis got no children tho she got career. I got no career but I got my own family. My mom won't have many years to compare n I don't see her often.
Yes they cannot keep compare. But hubby also not good. I dont know if i were to go to marriage counsellor. Hhaa i am a problematic mother lol

Ya coz everything she say, she will always say kids who go to 佛堂to learn三字经is more clever. I purposely bring my kids to教堂. And they attend christian school. Wahahahaha... They are extremist and I'm opposition.

Hahaha .... each to their own faith.

Yes they cannot keep compare. But hubby also not good. I dont know if i were to go to marriage counsellor. Hhaa i am a problematic mother lol

看开一点, u will feel happier.

not true la... my spouse is diploma and i'm bachelor, but he earns 2.5times more than me lei....
as long as you are good in your trade, companies would pay for your expertise...

Mama joanne, u should not be bring down by the words of your parents. ..u shl focus on ur children. 你孩子的成就,就是你最好的回报。

My hb has lower educational level than me but earns more than me. Cert isn't anything. Back to your parents logic of childcare going kids vs taken care at home , I do find that childcare going kids are more stimulated as compared to those whose grand parents only prop them in Front of television.

Well, my parents
- tell my brother their flat belong to him after they die, he better not share proceeds with us. My sis and I give allowance to them while our brother does not.
- say me and my sisters should give allowance because they bring us up. My brother doesn't need to because his condo in Bt Timah expensive to support. Hello? My fault for staying in HDB flat, is it?
- tell my sister her son's have inferior genes so not good children.
- call my 8-years old daughter a retard in her face when she couldn't get her Chinese spelling right and tell her if she cannot do well to go university, she can only be a prostitute in the future. I was not present but when I found her, she sat there with tears kept flowing down her face.
- refer to my nephews and children as "my daughters'" children. They never see them as grandchildren. Said they will only recognize my brother's children as grandchildren.
- refuse to care for my nephews when my sister has no childcare help because they don't share my father's surname. My 10 years old nephews have to fend for themselves at home alone.
- my sister and I bought her a LV Speedy as a gift. She has not used it in the last two years. She said looking at the LV bag makes her angry as it is common and everywhere. She likes to use the Coach bag bought by my brother's wife at US outlet. I told her if she is well-versed in designer bags, she will know Chanel and Hermes are everywhere in Ngee Ann City and MBS. Also one can tell a fake LV from the authentic one. We bought her LV because LV bags do not need to be babied and can be use roughly. Then I added in a sarcastic manner back to her "Rolex is also everywhere. Maids and plates collectors in food courts wear Rolex too."

My sister said just treat their comments as noise, no need to bother. By the way, my parents are only in their 60s.

Last edited:
Well, we all know that what our parents say aren't always true. I work with a lot of part timers whom are waiting for results. What I did observe is that while those with stay-at-home mom (a least in some point of their lives) are very well mannered, and caring, and more observant on what's going on. They are also the ones that would greet (or return a greeting) co-worker. They are also more likely to offer assistance. They are the ones whom will say hello, thank you, and good byes. I have three children, too. I work full time. Having children that goes to the university, of course, would be great. But more importantly, I would like my children to have good values, a great personality, a well-rounded person, and someone the society would be proud of.

As parents we make decisions everyday. Many of these would have an impact on our children. But we must decide, and we always decide based on what we feel is best for our children, best for everyone's future, and best for every interest. It is not easy. And we cannot please everyone. Sometimes we make mistakes, even with the best intentions in mind. Don't be hard on ourselves.

Btw, a housewife is as good as a working mother. Jia-you, all mommies here!

We (as in my colleagues, friends, sister, husband and I) envy Stay-At-Home mums. My sister and friends are in banking, public and private sector. Colleagues and husband are in public sector. You have the time to nurture or be with your children, guide them in their studies, etc. I wake at 5.15am everyday and send my children to school at 6.20am. Though our official work hours is from 8.30am to 6pm, we leave office daily (Mon to Fri) at 10pm, 9.00pm on a good day. In the first quarter of the year, due to my work, I also have to be in office from 7.30am to 6pm on Saturday and Sunday. Other weekends, I have to work at home. Many times even if we were out having meals, a phone call from boss would come, asking us to go back to our notebooks to draft reports that need to be sent in an hour's time. My children told me they see me and my husband 60 minutes a day at best. With these hours, we send our children to tuition and hope for the best. Truth is, good tutors don't work in tuition centres. We can't afford private tutors. So our children's work is terrible. In fact, our clerks' children score better.

Manouhana n Joanne Mama,

Growing up my parents (esp my mother) always favour my younger brother. They spoiled him to the extent that when he wanted to quit school at primary six, they let him quit. He brought back bad company to live in our 3 room Hdb flat (20 years ago), they allowed. While I was studying for my varsity exams one day, he and his friends made so much noise I scolded them. He then pinned me down to the ground and said that he wouldn't fxxx me even if I opened wide. (That was the day that changed my relationship with him forever).

One time he stole bicycle and got caught by police, my mother very sad. He later got some young gal pregnant, they supported their (very short) marriage n the baby.
One day after his divorce, my brother came back to tell my parents he is marrying a Muslim girl. Again my folks forked out money to support the wedding. I already started working and since I was the elder sister, I bought the Malay sis in law 4 gold bangles.

After all the fuss and wedding, my brother went to stay with his wife and family and NEVER came back to see my parents anymore. He really broke my mother's heart. Although my dad didn't say much, I know he is sad inside. I remember my brother called me up one time to borrow money from me. When I said no, he hung up on me and never called me anymore.

Today I'm already a mother of two, married to a hardworking (but easily stressed) husband, and working in banking. And I share my landed property with my Hubs. My parents knew now that their daughter is better than their son and we very seldom talk about "my brother" anymore.

The funny thing is he works very near where we stay and we always see him in the shop where he works. But it feels right whenever I pass by, I just ignore and pretend I never see him or don't know him.

I'm not sure if my mum actually still tries to talk to him or not when she sees him in the shop. I never ask and guess I don't really care.

People born of same blood and same line can be so different because of upbringing (I was not brought up by my parents), education and environment. Esp education. Do NOT give up in training and trying to bring up your kids in the best possible way you know.

I have forgiven my mother those times when she sided with my brother when growing up. She chased me out of their hdb flat one time when I quarreled with my brother. I knew she would never love me the way she loved him. I hated her for a long time. Today, I learnt to see that it is actually a strength of my mum's. She is a fiercely loyal supporter of whom she truly loves. She dotes on my son, as if her own (to replace her lost son).

Don't give up trying. Never quit ok?!

Children are our chance to make a difference for our and their future. Don't give a shit about negative people who mouths rubbish, even if they are our parents. They are just ordinary human beings themselves, and some parents can be so fxxxed up themselves, judging from their utter nonsense and behavior.

Never quit.

I'm a SAHM. My sis always say I'm useless coz I'm only staying home to take care of my 2 kids. She always think I'm very free.

Manouhana n Joanne Mama,

Growing up my parents (esp my mother) always favour my younger brother. They spoiled him to the extent that when he wanted to quit school at primary six, they let him quit. He brought back bad company to live in our 3 room Hdb flat (20 years ago), they allowed. While I was studying for my varsity exams one day, he and his friends made so much noise I scolded them. He then pinned me down to the ground and said that he wouldn't fxxx me even if I opened wide. (That was the day that changed my relationship with him forever).

One time he stole bicycle and got caught by police, my mother very sad. He later got some young gal pregnant, they supported their (very short) marriage n the baby.
One day after his divorce, my brother came back to tell my parents he is marrying a Muslim girl. Again my folks forked out money to support the wedding. I already started working and since I was the elder sister, I bought the Malay sis in law 4 gold bangles.

After all the fuss and wedding, my brother went to stay with his wife and family and NEVER came back to see my parents anymore. He really broke my mother's heart. Although my dad didn't say much, I know he is sad inside. I remember my brother called me up one time to borrow money from me. When I said no, he hung up on me and never called me anymore.

Today I'm already a mother of two, married to a hardworking (but easily stressed) husband, and working in banking. And I share my landed property with my Hubs. My parents knew now that their daughter is better than their son and we very seldom talk about "my brother" anymore.

The funny thing is he works very near where we stay and we always see him in the shop where he works. But it feels right whenever I pass by, I just ignore and pretend I never see him or don't know him.

I'm not sure if my mum actually still tries to talk to him or not when she sees him in the shop. I never ask and guess I don't really care.

People born of same blood and same line can be so different because of upbringing (I was not brought up by my parents), education and environment. Esp education. Do NOT give up in training and trying to bring up your kids in the best possible way you know.

I have forgiven my mother those times when she sided with my brother when growing up. She chased me out of their hdb flat one time when I quarreled with my brother. I knew she would never love me the way she loved him. I hated her for a long time. Today, I learnt to see that it is actually a strength of my mum's. She is a fiercely loyal supporter of whom she truly loves. She dotes on my son, as if her own (to replace her lost son).

Don't give up trying. Never quit ok?!

Children are our chance to make a difference for our and their future. Don't give a shit about negative people who mouths rubbish, even if they are our parents. They are just ordinary human beings themselves, and some parents can be so fxxxed up themselves, judging from their utter nonsense and behavior.

Never quit.
Thanks for the advise and the sharing. Yes we just have to do our part and give them good upbringing. Thats the most important. Jia you together

I'm a SAHM. My sis always say I'm useless coz I'm only staying home to take care of my 2 kids. She always think I'm very free.
Actually a lot thought sahm very free but its not true. Its even worst and tiring than working. I have being sahm temporary from the day baby born till now and 5 months but i wanted badly to work. Now arranging for someone to look after baby. I felt depressed and no income. When i want to use money i feel pai sei to get from hubby. And he oso dun like. But i really drained out emotionally and physically. So i really salute sahm!!

Well, my parents
- tell my brother their flat belong to him after they die, he better not share proceeds with us. My sis and I give allowance to them while our brother does not.
- say me and my sisters should give allowance because they bring us up. My brother doesn't need to because his condo in Bt Timah expensive to support. Hello? My fault for staying in HDB flat, is it?
- tell my sister her son's have inferior genes so not good children.
- call my 8-years old daughter a retard in her face when she couldn't get her Chinese spelling right and tell her if she cannot do well to go university, she can only be a prostitute in the future. I was not present but when I found her, she sat there with tears kept flowing down her face.
- refer to my nephews and children as "my daughters'" children. They never see them as grandchildren. Said they will only recognize my brother's children as grandchildren.
- refuse to care for my nephews when my sister has no childcare help because they don't share my father's surname. My 10 years old nephews have to fend for themselves at home alone.
- my sister and I bought her a LV Speedy as a gift. She has not used it in the last two years. She said looking at the LV bag makes her angry as it is common and everywhere. She likes to use the Coach bag bought by my brother's wife at US outlet. I told her if she is well-versed in designer bags, she will know Chanel and Hermes are everywhere in Ngee Ann City and MBS. Also one can tell a fake LV from the authentic one. We bought her LV because LV bags do not need to be babied and can be use roughly. Then I added in a sarcastic manner back to her "Rolex is also everywhere. Maids and plates collectors in food courts wear Rolex too."

My sister said just treat their comments as noise, no need to bother. By the way, my parents are only in their 60s.
are they traditional & un-educated?
if they are, then you have to forgive them because they are being traditional & un-educated....

True enough, If they are being traditional or uneducated. You can forgive them and moreover teach them. Dont be harsh towards them as they might know how it has hurt you.

are they traditional & un-educated?
if they are, then you have to forgive them because they are being traditional & un-educated....

My parents are in their 60s. During their generation, their education level considered not bad, ie all the way till secondary 4, both English educated.

Mama joanne, u should not be bring down by the words of your parents. ..u shl focus on ur children. 你孩子的成就,就是你最好的回报。
I know I must not be bring down by them. Actually this forum is the place whereby i can talk to about my problem. On friday it was my mother's birthday. My second sister knew that my mother will be helping me to fetch my eldest son home from school. Yet she chose to bring my mum to collect passport before he was released from school. I have to take care of baby at home and hubby is working. She can arranged at a later time. After which she texted me to ask who fetch my son home. I was pretty pissed off but dont want to argue. Thus i said my hubby went to fetch. He have to sneak out during work to fetch, if not who help me. My sister still ask me to bring my kids out lunch with them. They only think for themselves and never me. I have 3 kids and my hubby work second job at night. My sister asked me to bring them go chinatown. I think they never understand the troublesome of bringing 3 kids. Anyway i did not went out with them and stayed home with the 3 kids. My dad ringed me at night 8pm and said why i never celebrate my mother's birthday and she was alone at home. She called him to ask him bring her out. I was surprised because i thought my sister was with her. In the end, my dad told me my sister's baby not very well and she scared the mother in law cannot take care of her, thus she quickly go home and throw my mother aside and asked her take train back herself. I would never do this to her, we always fetch her back cause she is our mother. My sister only think for herself and she is only there to take passport and ask my mother accompany her. In the end, my mother travel all the way to my place, from tampines till sims drive to celebrate her birthday. We took her out after my hubby is home around 10pm and just eat nearby. But she never dote me. The next day, i brought her to my grandmother house at choa chu kang and my sister very fake say want to celebrate with her. She go buy a cake and bought a dress for her. My mother think she is better. Now i am financially not good cause stop working since last year June, my sister love to show off that she is better. She always like to go expensive restaurant while i dont like. She even told my mum that she bought a rolex to reward herself. My sister is only a admin exec earning less than 3k. I asked her to save up for the kids. I am a senior financial adviser and currently cant work due to kids. My mother is very realistic and also because i dont give her income now.

I know I must not be bring down by them. Actually this forum is the place whereby i can talk to about my problem. On friday it was my mother's birthday. My second sister knew that my mother will be helping me to fetch my eldest son home from school. Yet she chose to bring my mum to collect passport before he was released from school. I have to take care of baby at home and hubby is working. She can arranged at a later time. After which she texted me to ask who fetch my son home. I was pretty pissed off but dont want to argue. Thus i said my hubby went to fetch. He have to sneak out during work to fetch, if not who help me. My sister still ask me to bring my kids out lunch with them. They only think for themselves and never me. I have 3 kids and my hubby work second job at night. My sister asked me to bring them go chinatown. I think they never understand the troublesome of bringing 3 kids. Anyway i did not went out with them and stayed home with the 3 kids. My dad ringed me at night 8pm and said why i never celebrate my mother's birthday and she was alone at home. She called him to ask him bring her out. I was surprised because i thought my sister was with her. In the end, my dad told me my sister's baby not very well and she scared the mother in law cannot take care of her, thus she quickly go home and throw my mother aside and asked her take train back herself. I would never do this to her, we always fetch her back cause she is our mother. My sister only think for herself and she is only there to take passport and ask my mother accompany her. In the end, my mother travel all the way to my place, from tampines till sims drive to celebrate her birthday. We took her out after my hubby is home around 10pm and just eat nearby. But she never dote me. The next day, i brought her to my grandmother house at choa chu kang and my sister very fake say want to celebrate with her. She go buy a cake and bought a dress for her. My mother think she is better. Now i am financially not good cause stop working since last year June, my sister love to show off that she is better. She always like to go expensive restaurant while i dont like. She even told my mum that she bought a rolex to reward herself. My sister is only a admin exec earning less than 3k. I asked her to save up for the kids. I am a senior financial adviser and currently cant work due to kids. My mother is very realistic and also because i dont give her income now.

Good that your hubby is a hardworking man. Find comfort in that if you can't find comfort from your mother and sister. There are many lazy and lustful men who only care for themselves and even expect their wives to support them.

Don't let others drag you down mama Joanne. I feel that you and I are alike in some ways from your sharing. We try our best to do our part. My problem was that I used to be disappointed when people don't appreciate what I did for them.

But I realized I should not expect, then I will not be disappointed, and feel let down. I choose to do my part, that itself is my decision alone and 'reward'. You are wise to tell your sister to save up for her kids. Your mum has lived all these years and she is who she is today because of everything that has happened before. Old people have their own thinking and its hard to understand since our age groups are so wide from theirs. But you will come out stronger and more resilient when you focus on improving and strengthening yourself. That worked for me although I have to constantly remind myself. But it is worth trying.

Jiayou!!!

I agree with pixie ng. We do things that are right that keep ourself comfortable and safe. Not for others convenience. Or to be rewarded.

Back