Oscars, NIPT

Amy90

Hi everyone, did your doctor give you the choice of Oscars or NIPT? my gynae told me he does not do OSCARS and not really giving me a choice but NIPT. anyone encounter the same situation? did you do NIPT or Oscars or what would you recommend? (im 30 so not really in the high risk category)

Just do the nipt. If u read up online oscars give alot of scare. Even after I did nipt which was low risk, my fts nt scan was not good, Dr prompted amniocentesis

Just do the nipt. If u read up online oscars give alot of scare. Even after I did nipt which was low risk, my fts nt scan was not good, Dr prompted amniocentesis
Me too. My NT results exceed the normal range, but nasal bone height is fine. NIPT is low risk. Doctor also recommended amnio but it has risk. Are you going ahead with Amnio?

Me too. My NT results exceed the normal range, but nasal bone height is fine. NIPT is low risk. Doctor also recommended amnio but it has risk. Are you going ahead with Amnio?

Your seems better. At least there's nasal bone. Mine theres absence of nasal bone at week 12.. really hope it'll grow or its just asian flat nose.

Yeah most likely will be going with amnio. Though I'm quite worried as I had MC before this pregnancy. U?

Your seems better. At least there's nasal bone. Mine theres absence of nasal bone at week 12.. really hope it'll grow or its just asian flat nose.

Yeah most likely will be going with amnio. Though I'm quite worried as I had MC before this pregnancy. U?
Hi I happen to read your post, so how did your amino go?

Hi I happen to read your post, so how did your amino go?

Just did my amnio, was painful for me like normal injection feeling. Halfway through bb moved, scared us so much! Recovering well now. I bed rest for one week, just once very painful cramp for 2-3second. The rest of the time im fine. Waiting for result in mid aug. My bb's nasal bone was detected at week 16 too.

Back