Oct 2019 Mummies

Hello! I just tested positive on Day 1 CNY too. First time so I am a bit lost. How have you all been coping with morning sickness? I get mine all day and night. Haiz.

Hello! I just tested positive on Day 1 CNY too. First time so I am a bit lost. How have you all been coping with morning sickness? I get mine all day and night. Haiz.
hey there! I'm a first time mummy too. So far I have yet to get seriou morning sickness. I just have headaches all the time. Have you seen the doc?

Nope, i havent. Not sure whether to see a GP or a gynae. Have u seen a doc?
Yes I have seen mine. I went to a GP but GP doc advise me to either go polyclinic or gynae straight. I didn't want to wait as I had to do some confirmation soon so I went to book appointment with gynae directly. However if you want subsidised rates, better to get a referral from polyclinic.

hey there! I'm a first time mummy too. So far I have yet to get seriou morning sickness. I just have headaches all the time. Have you seen the doc?
Hihi ! Yet to visit gynae but aldy made an appt. first time mom too n the MS really kinda super random ~ it can be like whole day or half a day... hard to catch the pattern...mine is mainly nausea loads of stomach acid cramps and dizzy

oh book your gynae appt asap.. coz will need to wait for quite some while.

Last edited:
Hihi congratttsss~ were u able to head out for cny visiting? First time mum here too gee... btw believe the only way to cope now will be to rest as we yet to visit the gynae. Cny Day 2 I surrendered. Stayed home all day...

Oh yea, Try to book ur gynae appt soon coz will need to wait for quite some while.

Last edited:
I was quite lucky that we didnt have much visiting to do. Just the parents, so as long as I kept munching on something suitable, the MS doesnt get so bad and nobody will know.

Oh gosh! I havent booked my gynae check because I am still not sure to go private or public...

Hihi ! Yet to visit gynae but aldy made an appt. first time mom too n the MS really kinda super random ~ it can be like whole day or half a day... hard to catch the pattern
I was quite lucky that we didnt have much visiting to do. Just the parents, so as long as I kept munching on something suitable, the MS doesnt get so bad and nobody will know.

Oh gosh! I havent booked my gynae check because I am still not sure to go private or public...

Oh kekeke gee depends on your priority. My parents encouraged me to go for private. Can get the immediate attention during emergencies.

Diff for public n private (according to my own research n understanding):

Private: your record are kept by the same doc n all info will be able to be accessed any time. Will only require you to draw blood when doing the necessary check. Cost wise, you may wan to look for those with package den more economical. Those without package, prices range from 200-400+ per visit.

Public will be definitely cost cheaper but waiting time may vary from couple of hr to a day. No consistent doctor, means record will be passed ard(not sure of consistency) and heard that may require to keep drawing blood for checks.? (hearsay keke) appts will not as flexible.

In conclusion, depends on your priority n comfort level. Book asap coz they will only schedule you to the next available slot. Like for mine I ve called on the 2nd feb and the closest date I got was 20th Feb.
My Gynae, Dr Joycelyn Wong from ACJ clinic, very confident and able assure us. I was quite a scaredy-cat kekeke gee n can’t take jabs n pain :p

Hope this post can help u a little with speeding up the thought process

Hello!! Tested positive on 1 Feb and going for my first gynae visit on 11 Feb, EDD should be early oct!!
First time mummy.. Would like to join the group chat if there's one.. :)

Oh kekeke gee depends on your priority. My parents encouraged me to go for private. Can get the immediate attention during emergencies.

Diff for public n private (according to my own research n understanding):

Private: your record are kept by the same doc n all info will be able to be accessed any time. Will only require you to draw blood when doing the necessary check. Cost wise, you may wan to look for those with package den more economical. Those without package, prices range from 200-400+ per visit.

Public will be definitely cost cheaper but waiting time may vary from couple of hr to a day. No consistent doctor, means record will be passed ard(not sure of consistency) and heard that may require to keep drawing blood for checks.? (hearsay keke) appts will not as flexible.

In conclusion, depends on your priority n comfort level. Book asap coz they will only schedule you to the next available slot. Like for mine I ve called on the 2nd feb and the closest date I got was 20th Feb.
My Gynae, Dr Joycelyn Wong from ACJ clinic, very confident and able assure us. I was quite a scaredy-cat kekeke gee n can’t take jabs n pain :p

Hope this post can help u a little with speeding up the thought process

After reading your post, I called Dr Claudine Tan's clinic immediately to book a slot. Her sat slots are full, but luckily still managed to get a slot next Fri. Had a hard time deciding because i need to find someone near my house and office so that I can go for my checks during lunch or weekends. Previously when my colleague was preg, my boss told her to schedule her appt during lunch or weekends so that it doesn't affect work. Stressed hor. Then my hubs is more pro towards Sengkang hospital because it is very near my house, so if need to pop, dont have to travel too far. Lols. But their appt only Mon to Fri office hours. Zzz.

You managed to speak to your gynae already?

Wow, there's so many oct mummies.

Am also 1st time mom here, pretty lost if i should look for gynae only after 13weeks. As I heard gynae packages only start 13 weeks onwards?

Hi! I tested positive on 8/2/19 and it is my first time.. book my first gynae appointment on 23/2/19 :)

Wow, there's so many oct mummies.

Am also 1st time mom here, pretty lost if i should look for gynae only after 13weeks. As I heard gynae packages only start 13 weeks onwards?

You may book an appt with a gynae for a first appointment, but I’m not sure what they will do, depending on how many weeks pregnant. They can do initial scans and blood test before 13 months. When we are 13 weeks then sign package.

Hello! I am new here. Had tested faint positive at 15dpo and 16dpo (10 Feb 19). Quite loss don't know what to do. Any advise? Thank you! :)

Hello!! Tested positive on 1 Feb and going for my first gynae visit on 11 Feb, EDD should be early oct!!
First time mummy.. Would like to join the group chat if there's one.. :)
Hihi !!! Yes same here mine was tested on the 1st feb too ✌Shall we create a watsapp grp chat at the end of the month

After reading your post, I called Dr Claudine Tan's clinic immediately to book a slot. Her sat slots are full, but luckily still managed to get a slot next Fri. Had a hard time deciding because i need to find someone near my house and office so that I can go for my checks during lunch or weekends. Previously when my colleague was preg, my boss told her to schedule her appt during lunch or weekends so that it doesn't affect work. Stressed hor. Then my hubs is more pro towards Sengkang hospital because it is very near my house, so if need to pop, dont have to travel too far. Lols. But their appt only Mon to Fri office hours. Zzz.

You managed to speak to your gynae already?
Oh yea the convenience of the location n timing very impt too~ lol my hubs actually like Sk Hosp too but after frens sharin he had second thots kekeke gee. Coz they mentioned the docs might be the interns :p After comparing the hospitals, we think that traffic n carpark n location wise, Mt A currently will be our top choice :)

Oh ur dates are are close, which is good. I’ve still got to wait till 20th kekeke gee

Hi mtb.. I have had a slow past couple of days waiting for my internet cheapies to get darker and finally today I did a digital and got a Pregnant. Did one a couple of days ago and was Not Pregnant. This will be my 2nd pregnancy. My first pregnancy was last month and I lost it at 5w3d. I ovulated late that month and was about 15dpo at 5w2d and beta hcg was 7. I was prepping myself for a loss which happened the following day. This time my tests are slightly progressing more than my previous one but I am still cautious. I want to take it slow this time round and relax. My symptoms however are so different than the first pregnancy.

1st Pregnancy
Tender boobs closer to armpit.. throbbing
AF cramps quite painful at times and it increased in intensity and frequency
Was feeling faint 2x and both times after eating (before I found out I was pregnant)
Neckache for a few days
Fatigue and napping alot
Migraines
Hot flashes
Soapy taste in mouth when eating/drinking
Dry cervical mucus

Current Pregnancy
Mild sore boobs
Mild barely there AF cramps
Dizzy at least once a day
Lower backache
Creamy discharge
Bad hunger pains.. I would eat a full meal and start feeling like I haven't eaten my whole life the next hour. I would really eat like no tomorrow not because I want to but if I don't I my stomach would growl and be a bit painful. Yesterday I had a full bowl of noodles and then 3 hours later my stomach growl again and I was literally shaking.. I do have a history of low blood sugar but I have not had an episode for years. But it was so strange that I started having the shakes again and it stopped after I ate a full meal again. I figured that taking sips of milk here and there did help curb the hunger pangs. I had to remind myself that I am eating for two now. All my life I'm the sort to eat once a day and that's fine.. but now I have to eat around 3-6 meals a day to feel fine.

I am now again at 15dpo but around 4w6d based on LMP. Fingers crossed and hoping this baby sticks.

Hello! I am new here. Had tested faint positive at 15dpo and 16dpo (10 Feb 19). Quite loss don't know what to do. Any advise? Thank you! :)

I would suggest getting a beta hcg quantitative test and see if it doubles every 2-3 days. Alternatively u can use cheap test and compare the lines for every 2 days and see if it darkens. Use the same test and dip at same duration (like 5 seconds for all). I had a loss last month and my lines were taking a long time to get a bit darker and it actually became lighter a few days later then I started bleeding. Not trying to scare you but the only time you should be concerned is if it gets lighter and you experience bleeding. But right now a line is a line and you are currently pregnant so congrats mommy! I know it's hard but don't stress too much it will not do you any good. Relax and take it easy.

Last edited:
Hello! I totally understand the hunger pangs. Have been experiencing them everyday, and if i dont put food in, i feel freaking nauseous. And the worse thing is I cant even sip milk, the body just rejects..I am now eating so much more carbs than before (literally carbs for every meal when I could live without carbs before) that I am so afraid of weight gain leading to other issues.

Any mummies here having problem with drinking water? I get nauseous when I drink and now I feel so dehydrated...

Hihi ladies, like to join the groupchat if there’s any :) just went for scan last sat and find out I’m 6 week pregnant. Going for another scan this sat hopefully can hear the heartbeat.

Hi mtb.. I have had a slow past couple of days waiting for my internet cheapies to get darker and finally today I did a digital and got a Pregnant. Did one a couple of days ago and was Not Pregnant. This will be my 2nd pregnancy. My first pregnancy was last month and I lost it at 5w3d. I ovulated late that month and was about 15dpo at 5w2d and beta hcg was 7. I was prepping myself for a loss which happened the following day. This time my tests are slightly progressing more than my previous one but I am still cautious. I want to take it slow this time round and relax. My symptoms however are so different than the first pregnancy.

1st Pregnancy
Tender boobs closer to armpit.. throbbing
AF cramps quite painful at times and it increased in intensity and frequency
Was feeling faint 2x and both times after eating (before I found out I was pregnant)
Neckache for a few days
Fatigue and napping alot
Migraines
Hot flashes
Soapy taste in mouth when eating/drinking
Dry cervical mucus

Current Pregnancy
Mild sore boobs
Mild barely there AF cramps
Dizzy at least once a day
Lower backache
Creamy discharge
Bad hunger pains.. I would eat a full meal and start feeling like I haven't eaten my whole life the next hour. I would really eat like no tomorrow not because I want to but if I don't I my stomach would growl and be a bit painful. Yesterday I had a full bowl of noodles and then 3 hours later my stomach growl again and I was literally shaking.. I do have a history of low blood sugar but I have not had an episode for years. But it was so strange that I started having the shakes again and it stopped after I ate a full meal again. I figured that taking sips of milk here and there did help curb the hunger pangs. I had to remind myself that I am eating for two now. All my life I'm the sort to eat once a day and that's fine.. but now I have to eat around 3-6 meals a day to feel fine.

I am now again at 15dpo but around 4w6d based on LMP. Fingers crossed and hoping this baby sticks.

Hey sounds about right. Our stomach is now very sensitive to food intake and timings. I've tried to take small and frequent meals and that has help so far keep my symptoms at bay too. Just snacks in btw or fruits counts too! Congrats on your pregancy and hopefully it will be alright for this second one.

Hello! I totally understand the hunger pangs. Have been experiencing them everyday, and if i dont put food in, i feel freaking nauseous. And the worse thing is I cant even sip milk, the body just rejects..I am now eating so much more carbs than before (literally carbs for every meal when I could live without carbs before) that I am so afraid of weight gain leading to other issues.

Any mummies here having problem with drinking water? I get nauseous when I drink and now I feel so dehydrated...

Hey, yeah its normal. At leastfor a friend of mine. She said she couldnt drink water for a few weeks. What she did is try to dry other types of water. Sweet drinks is also ok as long as you get hydrated. Maybe juices, and those less in sugar sweet drinks.

Hihi ladies, like to join the groupchat if there’s any :) just went for scan last sat and find out I’m 6 week pregnant. Going for another scan this sat hopefully can hear the heartbeat.

Congrats! I'm also going for a scan this wed, hopefully can hear heartbeat too. Should be about 7 weeks pregnant this week

try 100 plus?

i also get sick of water, so i go for red date tea which have some taste. having caffeine withdrawals now too :(

Hi everyone! Hope to learn more from everyone in this thread Tested positive on 1 Feb, went for my gynae check on 8 Feb and awaiting my next appointment on 22Feb to check for baby’s heartbeat. The waiting is killing me! So far haven’t experienced any morning sickness too is this normal?

Hi everyone :) I’m also just found out I’m pregnant last week! So excited!!
Last two weeks I felt a bit nausea, no appetite to eat or easily get full. Started to see my little bumpy tummy.
I’m wearing Fitbit can see my heartbeat increased a lot two weeks ago. Now feeling tired and sleepy most of the time.

Do add me for WhatsApp;)

Hi everyone :) I’m also just found out I’m pregnant last week! So excited!!
Last two weeks I felt a bit nausea, no appetite to eat or easily get full. Started to see my little bumpy tummy.
I’m wearing Fitbit can see my heartbeat increased a lot two weeks ago. Now feeling tired and sleepy most of the time.

Do add me for WhatsApp;)

Hello! I found out about the same time as you! Same symptoms as well.

Hello all. I just found out that I am pregnant again! 2nd child. My EDD will be Sep/Oct. do add me in whatsapp group too. Hope to know you all soon.

Hi everyone! Hope to learn more from everyone in this thread Tested positive on 1 Feb, went for my gynae check on 8 Feb and awaiting my next appointment on 22Feb to check for baby’s heartbeat. The waiting is killing me! So far haven’t experienced any morning sickness too is this normal?
Hi babe! Did you manage to see the baby in the US? I just had my US ytd but we only managed to see the sac. Predicted to be 5 wk+ preg but gynae mentioned that the sac looks smaller than it is. So worried!!! I will need to head back 2 weeks later (26/2) for the second appointment, hopefully we will be able to see the baby and the baby's heartbeat! :((

Hi babe! Did you manage to see the baby in the US? I just had my US ytd but we only managed to see the sac. Predicted to be 5 wk+ preg but gynae mentioned that the sac looks smaller than it is. So worried!!! I will need to head back 2 weeks later (26/2) for the second appointment, hopefully we will be able to see the baby and the baby's heartbeat! :((

When I went for my scan last week (predicted 5w3d), managed to see the sac which has tripled in size within a week. Fortunately the doctor said it is a good sign that the sac has grown and is a good size for 5 weeks (was around 9mm I think) but nope didn’t see anything inside. Let’s keep our fingers crossed for our next scan! It is very worrying but let’s rest and relax and hope for the best

Hi everyone. Glad to found this thread.
Im a first time mum too and found out about my pregnancy on cny week.

I got a referral from poly to go to kk on my 6th week. Is it consider too early to check for anything? I dont want to go kk wait so long end up cannot check anything. Haha

Hello Mama-to-be! i was tested positive on 2nd day of CNY !
and ive been feeling so tired recently and literally just want to eat,rest and sleep. Also i get very sick when i see meat of any kinds!
I am also thinking of whether to go the sub or private route as this is my first time but i think convenience of gynae's location also very important! Anyone in the west side? any doc recommendations ? Please add me to the whatsapp group too!!!! :D

Back