Oct 2016 baby

Hi mummies, I am expecting my 1st bb and currently 7 wks. EDD in October.

However, my mouth is always feeling very weird and always vomit after I have eaten. The worst is I always vomit once after I have brush my teeth. My gynae told me it is very normal and should change to children toothpaste but not use...

To Cerina: my gynae told be by 4th or 5th month will be able to k ow the gender of the BB.

Tks for the info

I will be 37 this year.I will not choose any test as i m keeping the baby no matter what

Hello, mummy, glad your hubby & you have made a decision. can definitely save a lot of $$$ from these test. You might want to consider investing these $$$ save into insurance plan that are targetted at maternity & unborn baby instead..

Cheers

If u go for harmony, can find out gender through the blood test.
Otherwise, usually around 16-20 weeks (during detailed scan can confirm).

Being waiting for weeks to be added to the fB to get more support from fellow mummies. So far I have requested twice to be added and not being added yet. Is the FB group still active? Or is there any other group I can join?

What's the name of the fb group? Maybe then we can just search for the name on our own so we need not wait to be added. Much easier for the administrators too. :) I'm waiting to cross the 12th week mark before joining!

I've been waiting to be added too. Is the Facebook group active? I think it is a secret group, so we can't search it.

Hi ladies, based on the information I see in the fb group, invitations have been sent to your emails by the ladies in the group. Please check your email accounts for the invite.

Yes, the Facebook group is active and it's a secret group so it can't be searched. I think the admins are trying their best to add everyone. Also saw a lot of invited ladies on the list who have yet to accept their invitations through their emails.

Hi ladies, based on the information I see in the fb group, invitations have been sent to your emails by the ladies in the group. Please check your email accounts for the invite.

Hi Llie, just wanna check if you received my PMs as I didn't get any reply and also no invite in my email. I've checked all email folders thoroughly. Thanks!

My MS seems to be on and off these few days too. It was quite serious last week, but this week seems ok, but now am suffering from heartburn. So I guess it might be on and off until week 40 ba...

I am 35+ this Oct. Gynae briefly mentioned about Harmony and Pano. Pano has slightly more detailed tests but these extra tests (as compared to harmony) are for some really rare tests. Of coz, Pano is slightly more expensive, I was quoted at $1.7k or $1.8k I cant really remember with my preggy brain. Hahaha..

I am good with Harmony, which cost probably $1.2 or $1.3k.

My previous pregnancy, i failed oscar. Then i found out about harmony and pano via the mummies group then. Kkh was only starting to offer one of it, but not e other. (sorry i forgot which one) these 2 tests are supposedly non-invasive and supposedly 99% accurate as compared to oscar which is 80-90% accurate?! And usually people who take these tests may also have higher risks due to pregnant mum or hubby who may have genetic issues?!

However, my gyn told me that if fail these tests, the next step is aminotistics (invasive to draw amintic fluid). But this is 100% accurate and is e full picture. Whereas e above 2 is just a small bit of e A4 paper and costly. He assured me that even though they say e risk is 0.01 of miscarriage (3 in 1000). The fault is never e Doctor. Usually it's e mummy didn't take care or freak accident bump her stomach, so miscarriage. Kk is stingy with mc, only give 2 days. But I researched that 1-2 weeks rest is more appropriate so I bargained with Gyn for more days of mc. Initially he was reluctant but he gave me a couple more days & I took extra leave to rest. Kiasu me. I even went back my parents place to stay away from my toddler, in case he kicks me!

Anyway, everyone's situation is different. And there are many factors involved that would tilt one's decision. So pls find out as much as possible pertaining to self situation before making e final decision. :)

Hi all, is it normal for us to experience symptoms on and off? Like some days ms some days no?
Yup v normal. I am also like that like now?!
Though I feel a bit more blessed this time that got feeling of nauseous but never actually vomitting? At least not yet?!

Cos last pregnancy, I was ms on and off too and sometimes it's at night and I did actually vomit a few times.

Thank you! Just a little anxious cuz my ms is on and off. My sore boobies too. So scared and worried
First pregancy? No worries, all normal.
First tri is also more emotionally-charged?

This is my 3rd pregnancy and my hormones still raging so no worries... Though I'm think most of us would still continue to worry... Just have to keep telling self to relax and be mindful not to let thoughts run wild... :)

And best is to enjoy your pregnancy journey!! :)

Hi Michelin,

I don't have the copy of the scan with me now. Tonight I will upload and show u! She didn't say 1 or 2 cos still v small but it seem like 2 waterbags! The funny part is my hubby and my family don't have twins history!
Congrats!! Dun need history to have twins. :)

yup it depends from woman to woman and pregnancy to pregnancy. right now it's just a guessing game but there are a number of myths on gender prediction that are quite interesting.

predicting gender based on mother's age and time of conception. try this? it's true for my #1.
http://www.chinesegenderchart.info/gender-prediction.php

please take the results with many pinches of salt!

Seems accurate too for my #2! And this time it says im expecting a girl. Hopefully its true! So happy to see it though i cant be too sure!

Noraz. . I heard that if wan to be subsidy u need to go polyclinic to get refferal letter
Yes if want subsidy, need go polyclinic get referral letter.

Jts my situation, my first pregnancy was Pte Gyn (dr wk tan) at TMC but she misdiagnosed me at week28, so I transfered to kkh at week 29 & never looked back. But cos Pte transfer plus I was seeing prof and his team so Pte rates. Plus baby scn for 3-weeks so bill was huge.

Second pregnancy went polyclinic to confirm pregnancy, accidentally became subsidized patient to kkh, and they cancelled my Pte Gyn appointment without letting me know. Turned out to be blessing cos I had more tests to do so did at subsidized rates, else vvv expensive. Then I asked my previous Gyn if can transfer back to him later?! So after week30, I went back to him. This was accidental but it worked well.

Now my 3rd pregnancy, I went polyclinic to get referral letter too just in case I need more tests too? So intend pop by another day ask Pte Gyn if he takes me back at week 30 too?! :)

Cos I am csec first 2 pregnancies so kkh rules is 3rd pregnancy must b csec too! And this Gyn surgery skills is good. :) he is one of e elite to assist e prof in kkh for twins ttts surgery, e only place in Singapore to do this ops. Heard before 2011, no1 in Singapore could do it. Dr Edwin Thia with Prof George Yeo. Got one more doctor in e team but I dunno who. I was seen first by prof Yeo then passed to dr Edwin.

First pregancy? No worries, all normal.
First tri is also more emotionally-charged?

This is my 3rd pregnancy and my hormones still raging so no worries... Though I'm think most of us would still continue to worry... Just have to keep telling self to relax and be mindful not to let thoughts run wild... :)

And best is to enjoy your pregnancy journey!! :)

Ya first pregnancy so I'm very anxious!!! No experience also. Haha

Hi all MTB :) I am new here and I am expecting my first baby. I'm experincing constant fatigue, sensitive to smell and wakes up every night to pee. Thank God I do not have morning sickness! Please add me to the closed group. Email [email protected].

On my first consultation, my gynae said I am 6 weeks going 7 and actually today (second consultation) I should be 8 weeks going 9. But it turns out to be 7 weeks going 8. (One week lesser) means my EDD has changed to one week later. Not sure why tho. Anyway it is my first time hearing my baby's heartbeat. It is AMAZING. Happiness~

Congrats to you too, Qri! I heard my baby's heartbeat for the first time 2 weeks ago and the excitement is mutual! Dr Loh SF told hubby to take a video & hubby kept playing it everyday since then. Im in my 7 week too :)

By the way, for the benefit for all, I will be listing out the groups that I have joined in FB. Nobody added me but I went to send request and was accepted quite immediately. :)

2016 SG Mummies and Daddies
2016 SG Mummys
2016 SG 51 Mummies and Daddies
SG Mums EDD 2016
2016 October Mummies

Hello mummies,

Just came back fm gynae's appt (now 8w4d). Bb's heartbeat is strong and growing well, but there is bleeding around the sac. Am so so worried. Had a hormone jab, hope by next visit (3 wks fm now, which will be 12 wks by then) bleeding no more :(

Hi Oscar,

A subchorinonic hematoma is believed to occur during fertilization. It is a common cause of bleeding in early pregnancy. Keep your chin up and will keep you & your baby in prayers. God bless xx

Hi all,

Can I check how often do you visit your gynae during first tri? I saw my gynae at week5, week 6 and week 7 and I wanted the visit to be less frequent cos so far no major issues and I want to save $... Is it ok if I visit my gynae like only at week 10 and week 13 ah (i.e. 3 weeks interval instead?)

Appreciate your sharing of experience. Thanks!

Hi all,

Can I check how often do you visit your gynae during first tri? I saw my gynae at week5, week 6 and week 7 and I wanted the visit to be less frequent cos so far no major issues and I want to save $... Is it ok if I visit my gynae like only at week 10 and week 13 ah (i.e. 3 weeks interval instead?)

Appreciate your sharing of experience. Thanks!

For me, I based on the schedule that Gynae gave me. First time I saw him on week 5, but bcos then it was still too early to hear heartbeat, he suggested I go back 2 weeks later which is week 7. Then on week 7, we heard bb heartbeat, so the next time he scheduled me 4 weeks later, which is wk 11.
Ermm, actually it also depends whether your gynae have any package deal. For mine, it is with KKH, so no package, and every time I go I will pay ard $100.
Try asking your gynae how come he/she schedule you so frequently? Maybe he/she wants to monitor something serious?

For my gynae, I know his pattern, he will try to drag the appointments to 5 or 6 weeks after 1st tri. Some mummies are paranoid how come so long then get to see bb, but for me, its ok la.. Anyway, I pay lesser overall too.. So its ok.. :)

For me, I based on the schedule that Gynae gave me. First time I saw him on week 5, but bcos then it was still too early to hear heartbeat, he suggested I go back 2 weeks later which is week 7. Then on week 7, we heard bb heartbeat, so the next time he scheduled me 4 weeks later, which is wk 11.
Ermm, actually it also depends whether your gynae have any package deal. For mine, it is with KKH, so no package, and every time I go I will pay ard $100.
Try asking your gynae how come he/she schedule you so frequently? Maybe he/she wants to monitor something serious?

For my gynae, I know his pattern, he will try to drag the appointments to 5 or 6 weeks after 1st tri. Some mummies are paranoid how come so long then get to see bb, but for me, its ok la.. Anyway, I pay lesser overall too.. So its ok.. :)
Thanks! I currently pay $160 per visit also... Not on any package yet cos haven start 2nd tri... Seeing your schedule, think every gynae is different.. But I'm more assured in dragging my appointments now. Thanks!

Hey Miu,

Just to check, whenever you go for the bi-weekly or monthly checkups, is that considered MC? Or do u go back to work after seeing dr, and then that day considered a working day.
Although I am a 2nd time mum this round, but the previous round with old coy my boss is very flexible. He doesn't really go so much into policies or by the book. So when I went to see dr, I do not need to apply MC. I just make sure my work is done and I can go back to rest for the day. For this company, I am not sure the practice cos I think no one is preg before. :(

My worry is if every checkup we take it as a day MC, then the 14 days will be used up very very soon right? Then after that it will be unpaid leave? Got ppl take half day MC anot? Oh no I am getting super paranoid alr.

Usually the Gynae will give MC for every check up. My gynea upfront told me she will give me MC on every visit. So i guess you can apply MC? if not ask from them :)

Thanks! I currently pay $160 per visit also... Not on any package yet cos haven start 2nd tri... Seeing your schedule, think every gynae is different.. But I'm more assured in dragging my appointments now. Thanks!
I went at week 6, saw heartbeat and gynae was comfortable seeing me 4 weeks later. But I'm now Goin 5 weeks later so I can take blood test for harmony together.. I just take it as save $$ since no package for now.

Hi all MTB,

My EDD is 21/10/16. So far have been feeling constantly hungry, will puke if i eat too full and very sleepy.
Wonder if your gynea have asked you all to considered the DS test? Paranoma/Oscar/Harmony?

I went at week 6, saw heartbeat and gynae was comfortable seeing me 4 weeks later. But I'm now Goin 5 weeks later so I can take blood test for harmony together.. I just take it as save $$ since no package for now.
Sounds like a good idea to combine the visit! Thanks for the tip! :)

Sounds like a good idea to combine the visit! Thanks for the tip! :)
Actually it was gynae's nurse who suggested to me to delay by 1 week in order to combine..
Initially I was comprehensive as it seems quite long
But we need to have faith and if something unusual pops up, can always call gynae to schedule a visit!

Stay positive (n try to save some $$)!

On my first consultation, my gynae said I am 6 weeks going 7 and actually today (second consultation) I should be 8 weeks going 9. But it turns out to be 7 weeks going 8. (One week lesser) means my EDD has changed to one week later. Not sure why tho. Anyway it is my first time hearing my baby's heartbeat. It is AMAZING. Happiness~
Qri Qri. .so did ur gynae explain to I why is it so that the weeks wll change..my also same case as yours

Back